[FM 2016] Ultimate Stars and Legends Game (1880's to 2016)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like how Manchester City's history is so 'storied' that you've had to give them Shaun Goater and Ineacho up front :D

Seeing as I can't see him in the Sunderland squad maybe give them Niall Quinn instead?

I like how Manchester City's history is so 'storied' that you've had to give them Shaun Goater and Ineacho up front :D

Seeing as I can't see him in the Sunderland squad maybe give them Niall Quinn instead?

There are no sugar daddies in this game.... i will do some research on Quinn and hopefully get him in before release :thup:

I did also give them Tevez :) was being very kind there...and Aguero but yes, they don't have the greatest history... yet

It's 1953, Then Real Madrid president Santiago Bernabéu Yeste was greatly impressed with Di Stéfano and reached an agreement with Millonarios for Di Stéfano's transfer to Real Madrid. Real Madrid absolutely dominated Spanish and European football at the time and their game revolved around the majestic figure of Alfredo di Stéfano. He was so versatile that he could play in every position except goalkeeper.

Di Stéfano, nicknamed "Saeta rubia" ("Blond Arrow") was a powerful, quick, skillful, and prolific forward, with great stamina, tactical versatility, creativity, and vision, who could also play almost anywhere on the pitch. He is currently the sixth highest scorer in the history of Spain's top division, and Real Madrid's third highest league goalscorer of all time, with 216 goals in 282 league matches between 1953 and 1964. He is Madrid's leading goalscorer in the history of El Clásico.

"I don't know if I had been a better player than Pelé, but I can say without any doubt that Di Stéfano was better than Pelé. I am proud when one speaks of Di Stéfano. Pelé would have flopped had he played in Europe, whereas Alfredo has played very well throughout the world. I can say that Maradona could be worse than Pelé. But I emphasize Di Stéfano was better". Diego Maradona

in September 2009, he said Di Stéfano was the best Argentinian player "ever"). He was voted fourth, behind Pelé, Diego Maradona, and Johan Cruyff, in a vote organised by France Football magazine which consulted their former Ballon d'Or winners to elect the Football Player of the Century.

Pelé, Eusébio, Luis Suárez, Sandro Mazzola and John Charles described Di Stéfano as "the most complete footballer in the history of the game"

"We are all footballers, and as such should be able to perform competently in all 11 positions." Di Stéfano.

Alfredo Di Stefano was the most complete footballer of all time.

HELLO!

R1_zpsiiwpw0zj.png

SIR ALF RAMSEY causes a stir in the English Media by leaving out Sir Stanley Matthews from his first England Squad!

Gianna Rivera is italian - i have already fixed this error.

E1_zpss0ji5gze.png

Love how even Ramsey is trying Lampard and Gerrard in the centre of midfield...can they finally play alongside each other? :p

Love how even Ramsey is trying Lampard and Gerrard in the centre of midfield...can they finally play alongside each other? :p

If anyone can, Ramsey can. but he has plenty of other options now if they don't.. :thup:

my cousin is having a fit over

schurrle being picked over pat nevin

ramires over holland

and oscar over mata

Tell your cousin to calm down...It shall be done.. :thup:

MATA for Courtois - Because they dont need 3 keepers

Nevin for Shurrlle

Hollins for Ramires

I'm not budging on Oscar, i like his contribution so far.

Tell your cousin to calm down...It shall be done.. :thup:

MATA for Courtois - Because they dont need 3 keepers

Nevin for Shurrlle

Hollins for Ramires

I'm not budging on Oscar, i like his contribution so far.

C1_zps8u2gftxn.png

Surely by now Ronaldo is more of a Madrid legend than a Manchester one? Two champions leagues and all those scoring records broken..?

I agree but he became world class under the tutelage of Alex Ferguson and Manchester United. He also played amazing for Manchester United and he is the star of their squad. Real are powerful enough as it is. :thup:

I agree but he became world class under the tutelage of Alex Ferguson and Manchester United. He also played amazing for Manchester United and he is the star of their squad. Real are powerful enough as it is. :thup:

I'm with Fenech on this one. Sure in Real Madrid, Ronaldo broke all those records and achieve the top, but he became a well known player on Man United and help them achieve his first Champions League title.

Fences any possibilities of a screenshot of Benfica and Portugal Squads?

I'm with Fenech on this one. Sure in Real Madrid, Ronaldo broke all those records and achieve the top, but he became a well known player on Man United and help them achieve his first Champions League title.

Fences any possibilities of a screenshot of Benfica and Portugal Squads?

Hi Grade,

I am just finishing off the three french clubs, which are new to 2016, Lyon, Monaco & PSG.. and then I will post Portugal teams, Sporting, Porto and Benfica including Portugal after France....

Thanks you for your patience... :thup:

OMG that all looks amazing. So much hard work put in :D

I did notice a few things. I agree with the Sheff Wed points on the other page, David Hirst should be in there even as a youth player?

I missing seeing Keith Curle at Wimbledon and Man City, is he in the DB? also Chris Perry could be a youth at wimbledon.

I'd put Les Ferdinand at QPR

I think Eirik Bakke at Leeds was a AMR, you have him as a CM <edit https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eirik_Bakke so he's a CM RM AMR AMC>

Zola at Parma, as he more than made his name there, and that Chelsea squad wouldnt miss him

Which club is Robbie Keane at? do you think he could be a youth at Wolves?

Teddy Sheringham at Forest doesnt make sense to me, maybe drop him back to Milwall or up to Spurs. he just wasnt at forest long enough. Gary Birtles is a true red icon and even Pierre Van Hooijdonk did much more than Teddy (even if you take into account him going on ****ing strike). Although to be honest I'm just going to play Collymore up on his own anyway, sell all the other strikers and buy the best #10 i can (if you make Forest Zico's favourite team I'd appreciate it ;) )

cant wait till its out

OMG that all looks amazing. So much hard work put in :D

I did notice a few things. I agree with the Sheff Wed points on the other page, David Hirst should be in there even as a youth player?

I missing seeing Keith Curle at Wimbledon and Man City, is he in the DB? also Chris Perry could be a youth at wimbledon.

I'd put Les Ferdinand at QPR

I think Eirik Bakke at Leeds was a AMR, you have him as a CM <edit https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eirik_Bakke so he's a CM RM AMR AMC>

Zola at Parma, as he more than made his name there, and that Chelsea squad wouldnt miss him

Which club is Robbie Keane at? do you think he could be a youth at Wolves?

Teddy Sheringham at Forest doesnt make sense to me, maybe drop him back to Milwall or up to Spurs. he just wasnt at forest long enough. Gary Birtles is a true red icon and even Pierre Van Hooijdonk did much more than Teddy (even if you take into account him going on ****ing strike). Although to be honest I'm just going to play Collymore up on his own anyway, sell all the other strikers and buy the best #10 i can (if you make Forest Zico's favourite team I'd appreciate it ;) )

cant wait till its out

Hi Carninho,

Thank you for your suggestions.

David Hirst is in his Prime at Sheffield Wednesday

Both Keith Curle and Chris Perry are at Wimbledon

Les Ferdinand is at Q.P.R

Every single player has been researched in full and my research including several sources say that Erik Bakke's primary position was as CM, however under closer inspection he did also play on the right of midfield according to wikipedia, his main position was CM, according to another source his second position was a striker, CF, so whilst I have altered him to be able to play in the centre and on the right, he can also play AMR and ST but only as secondary positions. He is a CM. If you can prove otherwise , then by all means show me the source which contradicts my info..

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/eirik-bakke/profil/spieler/3284

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eirik_Bakke

I strongly disagree about ZOLA, he is a Chelsea Legend and probably the best playmaker ever to play for Chelsea and also the best foreigner to ever play in PL in terms of attitude. Chelsea is one of the key teams and Parma is not even in the top flight of italian football, they are in Serie D. I don't have any desire for Zola to play there. I could not imagine Chelsea without their magician, they even retired his shirt when he left so no Chelsea player can have it since.

I have put Robbie Keane at Wolves and I will give Mark Viduka to Leeds in return. I don't know what Keane was doing at Leeds anyway.

I have put Teddy Sheringham at Millwall.

Regarding ZICO it's a good try, but he never played for Forest and does not remember them. However I will test to see if he would go there anyway and let you know the result. :)

Zola is a funny one. when he moved to Chelsea people assumed he was in the twilight of his career and just coming for one last payday, then he ends up playing for several seasons and reaching his career peak there.

IF you created this Parma squad back in Serie A then you should move him over for sure

http://www.pesmitidelcalcio.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=96

I've said earlier these PES sites are pretty good for giving you ideas and player stats

Have you played a game out yet with the DB? did you see anything interesting if you holiday'd the game for a few seasons? Do you think teams will be forced to sell players to balance to books? as they cant all have the champions league money to pay the superstar wages.

the next World Cup is going to be epic :D

what even would be more intresting is when you would include the old european cups like the cup winners cup and the old champions league format with straight knockout. a trip down to memory lane with all those stars :)

Zola is a funny one. when he moved to Chelsea people assumed he was in the twilight of his career and just coming for one last payday, then he ends up playing for several seasons and reaching his career peak there.

IF you created this Parma squad back in Serie A then you should move him over for sure

http://www.pesmitidelcalcio.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=96

I've said earlier these PES sites are pretty good for giving you ideas and player stats

Have you played a game out yet with the DB? did you see anything interesting if you holiday'd the game for a few seasons? Do you think teams will be forced to sell players to balance to books? as they cant all have the champions league money to pay the superstar wages.

the next World Cup is going to be epic :D

Even though I have not brought back PARMA, I can assure you that at first glance, alot if not all of those players are in.

I use several different sources, including PES in my research which is useful.. I think i told you earlier that I use it in my research.

Testing has gone very well. The key teams and top flight teams have been given a cash injection at the start of the game depending on club reputation so teams will have money starting out and in the bank to go out and buy some legends.. Championship teams also have money and that is mainly so that they can try and bridge the gap in quality between themselves and the Premiership. In the Championship only Norwich and Portsmouth have full teams, and the rest of the championship will need to be able to buy to give themselves a realistic chance of promotion if indeed they do go up. Other top flight teams in the key leagues have also been given money dependant on their reputation so the economy worldwide is thriving.

Player values and Player wages are Lower than normal, the highest wages are around 100k and the highest transfer value is around 20m, so players are much more affordable and i have tested that this is the case, every club is able to buy any legend if they can afford them, clubs will sell and if there is any player you don't want, but you can't avoid the fact that some clubs wont want to sell. i have put players on the list and each player is getting at least 5 bids, so buying and selling is no problem at all in this.

Players expect less wages and so the idea of superstar wages are not true in this. agents will be greedy so although the highest wage is set to around 85k they will look for around the 100k mark for their clients (the top end player), as always negotiate use bonuses if you can, spread the cost, and get the best deal you can.

The World Cup is going to be Epic and I expect the Mighty Magyars to have their say... its going to be very interesting but what you will discover is if all the legends were back and playing today, which country is the greatest of all time? Which country would prevail?

On a club level, will it be Grand Torino, La Maquina, The Busby Babes, Ajax Total Football, The Five Violins of SPORTING, Liverpool with the team that dominated in the 80's, Bayern with every one of those german legends, or maybe one of the other key teams in this with their best legends and stars playing for them again. Or can you build a team that will do even better. who is the best? we will find this out too in the Champions League and other competitions / friendlies.

You can also enjoy a good game in the lower divisions where you can start from scratch and really build your own team from scratch and go from there. Any kind of game is going to be Fun and interesting to play. Lastly this game is highly educational and includes the very best players since 1880 to the present day. It also includes the top 100 players of all time, for every single playing position. This has all been an amazing amount of work and I will be very happy on Friday when it is released so that I can enjoy playing it as well and take a rest. :thup: