[FM 2016] Ultimate Stars and Legends Game (1880's to 2016)

I remember in your last one that Stanley Matthews and Tom Finney were absolutely destroying the Championship for Stoke and Preston (Finney may even have been League One thinking about it) in 2014.

Yes and I am certain they will again, but i would be surprised if there isnt a major fight to sign them from the rest of the world's bigger teams when the game starts. Certainly contracts have been set up so that clubs may be willing to sell if they want to but they won't be in any position where they are forced to sell either and transfer values will be lower along with wages this time around, so economically this game will be thriving. You will be able to have fun and buy some of the players you want to, Finney may well have been league one, but Preston is in the championship now so thats where he will be, your talking about two of the greatest players ever to play the game, It reminds of the reports i read about Finney where oppositions players after being constantly humiliated by him on the pitch would ask to be substituted rather than have to face him anymore. We all know the Legend of Stanley Matthews too, So of course, if they stay in the championship, destroy it they will. :thup:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure Stoke wanted something like £200 million for Matthews in your FM14 db, in the first season at least.

Good to hear about you making it slightly easier to sign legends this time around as the fees being wanted by clubs was out of reach of most clubs last time around. Although understandably as that's how you'd expect the game to handle it as most players you were trying to buy were ultra-world class and you wouldn't expect them to go cheap so it's not something that you could be blamed for.

Pretty sure Stoke wanted something like £200 million for Matthews in your FM14 db, in the first season at least.

Good to hear about you making it slightly easier to sign legends this time around as the fees being wanted by clubs was out of reach of most clubs last time around. Although understandably as that's how you'd expect the game to handle it as most players you were trying to buy were ultra-world class and you wouldn't expect them to go cheap so it's not something that you could be blamed for.

yes i agree, exactly, i have learnt from the experiences of 2014, but my experiences from doing the one in 2014, is going to be a major benefit for the one coming out now. it was very realistic, of course stoke in reality would ask for near that amount, they were also only just joined on longer contracts, so that would of contributed to stokes and other clubs valuation... this time it will be different while still very much in order of the quality of player you are trying to sign, so clubs while not having to sell will be willing to listen, the players have all been at the clubs for a few years now and also the contracts are up in 2017 so while more than a year, they have to listen to any reasonable offer and also transfer values and wages have been lowered to enable you to sign more players that you want and have the money to do so. so it will be just a little bit easier to sign players this time and thats the kind of thing that comes from experience, and my experience coupled with the major advances in the editor since 2014 mean that this will be an amazing update and 100% accurate too. All the players too fully tested. well worth the wait. :thup:

sounds awesome last question is roy keane at forrest?

forrest are prob pretty scary

Roy Keane is at Forest and Forest are scary but not as scary as their Manager!

They do also have their legend welsh wizard Grenville Morris known as The Prince of the Inside-Lefts! :thup:

Think Ryan Giggs. :thup:

That is a good question and I am of course using the very latest patch as the base, the winter update...

The premiership includes clubs like Leeds, Blackburn, Sheffield Wednesday, The return of WIMBLEDON, nottingham forest, burnley etc etc

I think it may well clash but i am not sure, and i think there are other members like kingrobbo who might be able to answer that more effectively, but yes i think it might clash, it might not be too much of an issue but the only way to find out otherwise is by trying it and seeing what happens. You can then make any fixes accordingly and hopefully it won't clash too much for you. Always keep a back up copy of the original editor just in case it doesnt work... Let me know what happens. :thup:

Balls. Think you are right. So if I want to set-up a legends super league using your DB, I'll need to edit your DB once published.

At least I realised before I completed all the work on it.

Another question - I assume you'll be including modern players as younger versions of their selves. Will you be editing their individual stats for this to reflect a reduced CA, or just planning on dropping their current ability down in the editor and letting the game take care of the rest?

I've noticed in some other (less comprehensive) legends databases I've downloaded that when they just drop the CA down without editing the individual stats down as well, the game can often just take the CA points off the physical stats leading to situations like a 17 year old Cristiano Ronaldo with pace and acceleration of 7!

Balls. Think you are right. So if I want to set-up a legends super league using your DB, I'll need to edit your DB once published.

At least I realised before I completed all the work on it.

Another question - I assume you'll be including modern players as younger versions of their selves. Will you be editing their individual stats for this to reflect a reduced CA, or just planning on dropping their current ability down in the editor and letting the game take care of the rest?

I've noticed in some other (less comprehensive) legends databases I've downloaded that when they just drop the CA down without editing the individual stats down as well, the game can often just take the CA points off the physical stats leading to situations like a 17 year old Cristiano Ronaldo with pace and acceleration of 7!

I will be including the modern day players of any note as younger versions of themselves of course.

This is a completely professional job, completed in bespoke fashion to the very highest standard, even the coders of the game don't go into as much depth when coding the players as i do, and therefore i guarantee that each player is not just simply drop ca, all the stats are individually brought down in accordance and worked out mathematically to ensure complete realism and 100% accurate statistics, nothing is left to chance, this is not like those sub standard legends games you find where they let ' the game work it out' no no no! all these players are researched made, coded properly, ensuring total statistical correctness and absolutely a reflection of age, with ability and potential and fully tested too. so they are younger, and the ability is a reflection of their young age, all the stats are individually inputted in accordance with this and the potential is there because I know how good they become and every player is the same, each individually researched, coded and statistically correct in accordance with age, ability and potential. That is why this is the Ultimate Legends game and the most detailed in-depth legends game so you don't have to worry about that. :thup:

Congratulation to WALES on their recent great world cup performance :applause:

So who better to feature, than the brand new to 2016 ultimate legends: Another Welsh Captain back in the early 1900's who triumphed with Wales.

Frederick Charles 'Fred' Keenor was a Welsh professional footballer and Wales international best known for captaining the Cardiff City team to success in the 1927 FA Cup Final.

Keenor's international career coincided with a spectacular period of success for the Welsh national football team and he attained a total of 32 caps. To put it into context this is the equivalent of well over 100 caps for Wales today.

Keenor's strength lay in his commitment to the cause and in his uncompromising tackling. Former team mate Ernie Curtis said of him: "He was one of the hardest tacklers in the game, some said he was dirty but he was just hard. Nobody took liberties with old Fred ... [He] could run all night, he couldn't run with the ball mind you, but he could run all day." This gave the sides he led an immeasurable fillip.

So in memory of WALES, here is another welsh man who did his nation proud, he wasnt very skillful, he couldnt dribble with the ball, but he was strong, he could run all day and he was HARD - he was also DIRTY, but in those days the referees used a turn a blind eye, his only problem he might have here, is avoiding any red cards! :lol:

fk_zpsyb7tzlet.png

can you tell me blackburns team so i can remark

This is the Blackburn Team so far...

Henning Berg

Colin Hendry

Ian Pearce

Bob Crompton

Phil Jones

Ronald Clayton

Keith Newton

Bill Eckersley

Mike England

Paul Warhurst

Tim Sherwood

Jimmy Forrest

David Bentley

Bryan Douglas

Mark Atkins

Eddie Latheron

Damien Duff

Chris Sutton

James Beattie

Simon Garner

Alan Shearer

hi, i'd remark this.

billy bradshaw >>> ian pearce

derek fazackerley >> mike england

mike newell >>> James Beattie

from the below I find these hold more prestige than some you've got.

tim flowers ****

terry gennoe ***

eric bell **

ripley ***

wilcox ***

tony parkes ****

bob pryde ***

stuart metcalfe ***

glen keeley ****

jack bruton ***

I don't see Bentley & Phil Jones as relevant as some of the above.

hi, i'd remark this.

billy bradshaw >>> ian pearce

derek fazackerley >> mike england

mike newell >>> James Beattie

from the below I find these hold more prestige than some you've got.

tim flowers ****

terry gennoe ***

eric bell **

ripley ***

wilcox ***

tony parkes ****

bob pryde ***

stuart metcalfe ***

glen keeley ****

jack bruton ***

I don't see Bentley & Phil Jones as relevant as some of the above.

Hi Citizen Kane,

Thanks for the suggestions which are greatly appreciated.

The difference this time is that i am not restricting the squads to 25 players, so we dont need to take any players out here, just maybe add some in..

Tim Flowers however is 18 at Wolves. he didnt go to blackburn till he was 26... the rest of the players i will research and try to get done before the launch.

The squad isn't finished yet, if you think of any alternative keepers let me know... because currently they dont have any, i might move tim flowers back to blackburn anyway as wolves have a keeper already.

I am not doing 25 man teams so this time some teams will have more and some will have less players, but i am trying to not start them too old so that we can enjoy more of them, and of course the guarantee is that the player was at that club at that age which bentley and jones were so you can sell them if you want to but they will be at blackburn when the game starts. :thup:

well terry gennoe is the main blackburn keeper, bobby mimms also from the modern era

I can't really see Friedel being more prominent for other clubs either

ok i will move bobby mimms over and look at terry gennoe when i get a chance. ill also look into freidel, i might still move tim over.

thanks for the suggestions much appreciated :)

is shearer not a southampton player

He is 22 at blackburn, he played more games for blackburn and he scored way more goals for blackburn, so he is a blackburn player :thup:

He is not a newcastle player because i don't want to start him at 26.

Herby Arthur was our regular keeper for the FA cup wins in the 1800's and Alfred Robinson was for the early 1900 titles

Great, ill do some research on them both, robinson played with bob crompton so i should have some research done on him already... :thup:

The key teams will only have Legends & Stars. The other clubs not considered key will have some Legends & Stars and some of their other players.

There will be older players in the game, because that is realistic and those players will generally be players who have not been done, but just left as normal.

Not every player is considered a Legend or a Star. I am releasing this month, so I apologise in advance if i don't get every request done but I will do my best to get in as many Legends and Stars as I can before the Launch. I will also try to make sure the squads are balanced.

However this is not 25 man teams this time, a club can have as many players or as few players, just depends on the club..

We are currently on 1750 completed Legends & Stars and counting... that's researched, fully coded mathematically in accordance with age ability and potential and fully tested.

This project I have been working round the clock now for almost a year so I shall probably not be bringing one out in 2017 :thup:

Where does Paolo Di Canio end up this year? I know you put him at Sheffield Wednesday last time as a 28 year old. He didn't really stay long enough at any Italian clubs early in his career to be considered a legend anywhere and I'd say the only two clubs that he could be considered of that title would be us and West Ham, even though again he didn't really stay with either us for a significant amount of time.

I'd definitely take him at Wednesday again as he was one of the most technically gifted players I've seen for us in my lifetime (probably second only to Chris Waddle) and would be a good stablemate for Beni Carbone, whom I hope made the cut again, but just curious to know where you see him.

Where does Paolo Di Canio end up this year? I know you put him at Sheffield Wednesday last time as a 28 year old. He didn't really stay long enough at any Italian clubs early in his career to be considered a legend anywhere and I'd say the only two clubs that he could be considered of that title would be us and West Ham, even though again he didn't really stay with either us for a significant amount of time.

I'd definitely take him at Wednesday again as he was one of the most technically gifted players I've seen for us in my lifetime (probably second only to Chris Waddle) and would be a good stablemate for Beni Carbone, whom I hope made the cut again, but just curious to know where you see him.

Hi Weezer,

Paolo actually played over 100 games for west ham and lazio in two spells, and only 41 games for sheffield wednesday. he spent 3 years and played 78 games for Juventus and he is 23 at Juventus but he will remember sheff wed and given sheff wed are one of the title contenders coupled with the lower transfer values and wages, if you want him, you can buy him, given the quality juventus will already have, they might be willing to sell too.

Benito Carbone is 25 at Sheffield Wednesday... :thup:

It doesn't bother me where he ends up, but I would say that the amount of games played or length of time spent at a club isn't necessarily an the only indicator of 'legendary' criteria. I would suggest that he is thought of much more highly by the fans at Sheffield Wednesday and, probably more so, West Ham than any of those Italian teams.

But again, it's not for anyone else to decide, this is your baby and as you said anybody can always try to buy whatever player it is they want in their team and I also respect your attempts to try to keep your edited players as young as you can to extend their game time.

It doesn't bother me where he ends up, but I would say that the amount of games played or length of time spent at a club isn't necessarily an the only indicator of 'legendary' criteria. I would suggest that he is thought of much more highly by the fans at Sheffield Wednesday and, probably more so, West Ham than any of those Italian teams.

But again, it's not for anyone else to decide, this is your baby and as you said anybody can always try to buy whatever player it is they want in their team and I also respect your attempts to try to keep your edited players as young as you can to extend their game time.

I totally agree with that. I want to put him at Sheffield Wednesday but I don't want to start him at 28. He is even older at West Ham, I wish he was younger at those clubs, but to combat that, he likes Sheffield and west ham and he will be affordable. The dilemma is to put him at Wednesday or make him younger and it is not just dicanio but other players too, and i have gone with making them younger so we can enjoy more of them this time around..

It is not just for me to decide, i am always willing and able to take any suggestions on board and i will give my reasons as to why it is a certain way... I have checked and juventus do sell him for a reasonable price and i will double check again before the launch... :thup:

One more question (for now anyway!), what have you done in regards to defunct nations? For example, is there a Yugoslavia national team? Or a USSR one? And have Czech Republic and Slovakia been merged to recreate Czechoslovakia? Because obviously there are a lot of nations around now that didn't exist when most of these legends were playing football.

Does Oleg Blokhin and Igor Belanov play for Ukraine or a newly created Soviet Union?

One more question (for now anyway!), what have you done in regards to defunct nations? For example, is there a Yugoslavia national team? Or a USSR one? And have Czech Republic and Slovakia been merged to recreate Czechoslovakia? Because obviously there are a lot of nations around now that didn't exist when most of these legends were playing football.

Does Oleg Blokhin and Igor Belanov play for Ukraine or a newly created Soviet Union?

I have left the Defunct nations alone. They play for the country of their birth, so yes where they previously played for USSR etc they now play for the country of birth so if born in Ukraine, they will play for Ukraine etc, if Croatia, then Croatia, If Serbia then Serbia etc etc.. Except in cases like John Aldridge, he plays for Ireland! :thup:

Makes sense, would be a lot more work otherwise.

yes and i have more than enough work as it is.

It is also a good thing because most of those countries are going to have great teams, now, if it was just USSR or CZECH then some great players wouldnt make those squads, so it makes sense for them to play for their countries of birth and more great players can play at international level.

Had you add some legend players to some of the danish clubs ? :)

Yes there are a few in Denmark, 17 danish legends so far but most of them are playing outside denmark. Peter Schmeichel is in Brondby e.g.

I would say about 5 of them play in denmark and the rest around europe.

will all the legends have facepack? Do you do also a logopack with all the logos from the golden eras of the teams? Like Liverpool logo of the 80s etc ;) If you want, i can help you with this, you can pm me ;)

Sure, if you want to help me with this, this is not my area of expertise, but i am doing a facepack for all the legends and stars.

If you need any testers at any point, I'm happy to volunteer for the job.

Thanks for the offer however this is being fully tested at every stage in the process of creation. Once it is released, however, i would appreciate it if anyone finds anything at all which needs fixing, let me know and i will update straight away but as it is tested at each stage, there shouldnt be much to find.. i know for a fact that this time John Aldridge is def irish!

Also Frank Lampard is a left back at West Ham, this is not a mistake, this is his dad.

QUINCOCES 1931 · 1942

JACINTO QUINCOCES

The world’s best defender at the time. His sobriety and acrobatic clearances attained worldwide fame.

Together with Zamora and Ciriaco he formed a legendary defence. Even today it is recalled as one of the best defences in history, a model of skill and strength. The security offered by the Basque player was a key element in winning two La Liga titles and two Spanish Cup titles.

He first kicked the ball is his native town of San Antonio. After an initial failed attempt to sign with Alavés, the team from Vitoria finally got their man in 1925. He experienced meteoric growth next to his inseparable Ciriaco. This resulted in Real Madrid deciding to sign them both.

Success was immediate. During the first season the team went undefeated as they won La Liga title. The capacity of that Real Madrid team, and Quincoces, was only interrupted by the outbreak of the Civil War. The team was broken up as a result of the conflict, and although the Basque defender continued playing, he decided to retire in 1942.

The defensive security on show at Real Madrid was also fully on offer with the Spanish national side. The man from Barakaldo earned 25 caps, the equivalent of over 100 caps today, playing at the World Cup in Italy in 1934, where the Spanish defence was described as “the world’s best”. Reports say that he Died on 10 May 1997.

But we have managed to bring him back again! I asked him why he decided to come out of retirement and this was his response: " I decided to retire in 1942 but I have had a great rest for nearly 75 years and when I heard about the Ultimate Legends, I just had to come back again and show once again why I am one of the world's best defenders and I want to win the World Cup with Spain. I am pleased to be playing at a club that means so much to me, Deportivo Alaves and I look forward to ripping up the Spanish second division this season. However if Real Madrid were to make a bid for me, then I would find it very hard to refuse as that is a club which is also in my dreams. "

His Full Name is: Jacinto Francisco Fernández de Quincoces y López de Arbina

But he is known simply as: QUINCOCES

QUINCOCES_zpsnfmm0zcz.png

QUINCOCES 1931 · 1942

JACINTO QUINCOCES

The world’s best defender at the time. His sobriety and acrobatic clearances attained worldwide fame.

Together with Zamora and Ciriaco he formed a legendary defence. Even today it is recalled as one of the best defences in history, a model of skill and strength. The security offered by the Basque player was a key element in winning two La Liga titles and two Spanish Cup titles.

He first kicked the ball is his native town of San Antonio. After an initial failed attempt to sign with Alavés, the team from Vitoria finally got their man in 1925. He experienced meteoric growth next to his inseparable Ciriaco. This resulted in Real Madrid deciding to sign them both.

Success was immediate. During the first season the team went undefeated as they won La Liga title. The capacity of that Real Madrid team, and Quincoces, was only interrupted by the outbreak of the Civil War. The team was broken up as a result of the conflict, and although the Basque defender continued playing, he decided to retire in 1942.

The defensive security on show at Real Madrid was also fully on offer with the Spanish national side. The man from Barakaldo earned 25 caps, the equivalent of over 100 caps today, playing at the World Cup in Italy in 1934, where the Spanish defence was described as “the world’s best”. Reports say that he Died on 10 May 1997.

But we have managed to bring him back again! I asked him why he decided to come out of retirement and this was his response: " I decided to retire in 1942 but I have had a great rest for nearly 75 years and when I heard about the Ultimate Legends, I just had to come back again and show once again why I am one of the world's best defenders and I want to win the World Cup with Spain. I am pleased to be playing at a club that means so much to me, Deportivo Alaves and I look forward to ripping up the Spanish second division this season. However if Real Madrid were to make a bid for me, then I would find it very hard to refuse as that is a club which is also in my dreams. "

His Full Name is: Jacinto Francisco Fernández de Quincoces y López de Arbina

But he is known simply as: QUINCOCES

QUINCOCES_zpsnfmm0zcz.png

Great job Fenech ... :thup: ........ Also Frank Lampard is a left back at West Ham, this is not a mistake, this is his dad.:lol:

In terms of players which will be included before the launch:

* Every player who was in the 2014 Ultimate Legends & Stars. Updated and Retested..

* New Full Teams including Lyon, PSG, Marseille, Norwich and Portsmouth... A Full Premiership including key clubs from europe and the rest of the world.

But also and this is due to the fact that teams used to line up in the early days in 2-3-5 and therefore there was an overflow of legendary & Star Strikers.

* The Official 100 players of all time for every single playing position including Goalkeepers, Side Defenders, Central Defenders and Midfielders to ensure a complete balance.

That means there are alot more legends and stars scattered all over the world then in 2014 and that means they have been researched, coded and tested.

They are my priority which I am making great progress with and no other players will be made until they have been finished.. I will try to get in as many requests as possible before the launch but it is imperative that the very greatest legends and stars are included first as they are the ultimate legends and stars which will make up this update....

We will release this month, however there is still work to be done and as I soon as i know the day, I will confirm it here.

I also have to completely restructure the whole finances, wages and values in order to ensure that the legends are affordable and the game will be economically thriving, so this will be fun to play too, and also i have to do the coding for config folder to ensure the face-pack works.

Thank you for your patience while I finish this project. I really appreciate the support. :thup

will aberdeen been included or the scottish premier league? ;)

Aberdeen, Rangers and Celtic all have full teams. :thup:

All the Key teams in 2014, remain key teams in this one and that included the big 3 in Scotland...