Football Manager 2015 Base Skins

michaeltmurrayuk

Football Manager 2015 Base Skins

As with most recent Football Managers for you to make certain changes in Football Manager 2015 you need to create a new skin.

So to make things easier for people I've put up some base skins that are identical to the default skins that come with the game, so you can add new files/graphics to these without messing up the original skins, and anything that isn't located in these new skin folders will be taken from the default locations within the game.

UPDATE: 13th December 2014 - Base Skins for the Alternative skins added in patch 15.2 are now up.

For Football Manager 2015 you have four skins to choose from with both Light and Dark skins for both the Full Mode and FMC Mode:

Dark Base Skin 2015 - This is the Default Base Skin and is identical in appearance to the Default FM2015 Dark Skin.

*NEW* Base Skin 2015 - This is the Light Alternative Full Mode Skin and is based on the Default FM2015 Light Skin.

Classic Base Skin - This is the Base Skin for the FMC (Classic) Mode of FM2015 and is identical in appearance to the Default FMC Skin.

*NEW* Classic Dark Base Skin - This is the Dark Base Skin for the FMC (Classic) Mode of FM2015 and is identical in appearance to the Alternative Dark FMC Skin.

NOTE: For the Base Skin 2015 the font settings of the Default Alternative Skin seem to be slightly different to the Default Dark Skin, as I find the font settings of the Dark Skin easier to read I have altered the font settings for the Base Skin 2015, however if you want the orignal font settings back delete the fonts folder from the Base Skin. Also the Light Base Skin has fairly solid panels compared to the Dark Skin, if you want the panels to be more transparent like the Dark Skin then delete the contents of the graphics folder.

Below are a couple of screenshots, first one shows the Light Base Skin with the font settings I've included, second screenshot shows font settings from the Official Alternative Skin (what you will get if you delete the fonts folder) and the third screenshot shows what the skin will look like if you delete the graphics folder:

fm15_lightbase_setfont.jpg fm15_lightbase_orgfont.jpg fm15_lightbase_deleteboxes.jpg

Also as there are still some issues with the Steam Workshop I have included all the files from the Alternative skins so you do not need to have them installed before using the Alternative Base Skins this year.

Change Log:

v15.2 (Uploaded 10th December 2014 22:17 UK Time)

- Applies to both the Dark and Classic Base Skin.

- Updated to work with patch 15.2

- Updated files to patch version 15.2

- Only additions are some extra colour settings located at the bottom of the settings file.

v1.1.3.1 (Uploaded 27th November 2014 13:13 UK Time)

- FM DARK: Fixed colour of sidebar should be black not blue.

v1.1.3 (13th November 2014)

- Checked files with Retail 15.1.3 Patch.

- Added a couple of missing font files to both Base Skins.

This year I have also included to make things easier for people:

- All the files included with the default Skins.

- The Default Fonts for the FM2015 skins.

- Extra entries in the settings.xml file to include all settings used by the skin into one file for ease of editing.

Instructions:

When you extract the file you have have downloaded you should have one folder called base_dark2015 (or base15_fmc for the FMC Skin) and a readme.txt file.

Now copy the folder into your skins folder within your Saving Location, by default this is:

For the Demo:

\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2015 Demo\skins\

For the full game:

\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2015\skins\

If you cannot find your Saving Location, load up the game and go into the preferences -> Overiew Screen, on the right of the screen should be a section headed Saving, there should be a folder location listed in the box, this is the location of your Saving folder, if you browse to that location on your computer (not through FM) there should be a skins folder located within that folder, this is where you put your downloaded skins.

For example my Saving location is: S:\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2015\ as shown by the below screenshot:

fm15_savinglocation.jpg

You can also change the location of your Saving Location if you wish or reset its location to default. (you’ll need to reload the game for it to take affect)

If done right your skins folder should look something like this:

FM15%2Bskins%2Bfolder.jpg

And inside the base_dark2015 folder you should have the following folders:

capture_002_10122014_221942.jpg

When you load the game up if the skin cache is off any skins in the above folder should appear in the skins menu like the below image:

NOTE That FMC skins will only appear when you are playing the FMC mode and normal skins will only appear when playing the normal mode.

FM15%2Bskin%2Blist.jpg

If the skin cache is on you'll need to turn it off, exit the Preferences menu and re-enter it and any new skins should appear, if not tick 'Always Reload Skin on Confirm' and change skins, click confirm and go back in and your skin should appear.

To Replace Graphics

To replace the following graphics you need to copy the graphics you have made or downloaded into the correct folders within the folder for the skin you are using:

Gold Stars:

My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2015\skins\<SKIN_NAME>\graphics\icons\custom\star rating\senior

Silver Stars:

My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\skins\<SKIN_NAME>\graphics\icons\custom\star rating\youth

To get the 2D pitch icons (balls, nets, players) into the game they no longer need to go into the skins folder and can instead now be installed directly into the graphics folder.

To Edit the Fonts

The font settings for each skin are now controlled by a couple of locations. Overall settings are controlled by the <SKIN_NAME> settings.xml file located inside the settings folder.

For the Dark Base Skin this is the ‘\dark_base2015\settings\dark_base2015 settings.xml’ file.

For the FMC Base Skin this is the ‘\base15_fmc\settings\base15_fmc settings.xml’ file.

Whilst more detailed instructions for various screen and items are controlled by the various xml files located inside the fonts folder for the skin.

For the base skins I have copied in the relevant coding for you to change the various text settings – style, size etc, you just need to open the <SKIN_NAME> settings.xml file scroll down to the bottom of the file until you see the TEXT SETTINGS text and edit the relevant code below that line. I've also included the various font files in the fonts folder for you to edit.

To change the actual font used by the game, you will first need to copy the relevant font file into the fonts folder for your skin and then change the font name in the settings file and the fonts file.

To Edit the Font Colours

The colour settings for each skin are controlled by the <SKIN_NAME> settings.xml file located inside the settings folder.

For the Dark Base Skin this is the ‘\dark_base2015\settings\dark_base2015 settings.xml’ file.

For the FMC Base Skin this is the ‘\base15_fmc\settings\base15_fmc settings.xml’ file.

For the base skins I have copied in the relevant coding for you to change the various colours used by the skin – you just need to open the <SKIN_NAME> settings.xml file and locate the relevant line for the colour setting you wish to change – the colour names and comments should explain what the majority of the colours control.

The colours are declared in RGB values, that range from 0-255 where Red=255 Green=255 Blue=255 is white and Red=0 Green=0 Blue=0 is black.

To locate the RGB value of a colour you want to use you can either use a image editing program to obtain the RGB Value of the colour or type rgb values into google and it will bring up several websites that list the RGB Values for various colours.

NEW FOR FM2015 - How to Recolour the Game Colours

A new feature for Football Manager 2015 is that the colours of the various graphics that make up the skin are now controlled by settings in the <SKIN NAME> settings.xml file located inside the settings folder.

For the base skins I have copied in the relevant coding for you to change the various colours used by the skin – you just need to open the <SKIN_NAME> settings.xml file and locate the relevant line for the colour setting you wish to change – the colour names and comments should explain what the majority of the colours control.

This coding is the last section of coding in the xml file and is edited in the same way as you would change the text colours in previous versions, most of these options are also commented so it shouldn't take much time to work out what each option recolours.

To Edit the Attribute Threshold

This is now done in game via the Preferences -> Interface -> Skin Colours screen.

For your changes to take affect

If you have made any changes to the base skins (colours, fonts, graphics) to get your changes to show you’ll need to go into the Preferences -> Interface Menu and untick ‘Use caching to decrease page loading times’ if it is ticked and then tick ‘Reload skin when confirming changes in Preferences’ then click confirm and your changes should be applied, if you have previousily ticked and unticked the required boxes a 'Reload Skin' button should appear in the bottom left corner, if this button appears you can click that if the Confirm Button is grayed out.

DOWNLOAD PAGE FOR FM2015 BASE SKINS

(Link contains links to all downloads)

---

You are free to do what you want (apart from upload to Steam Workshop as I'll upload them) with these Base Skins provided:

1. They or any skins based on them are not to be sold.

2. You don't advertise them as being exclusive to your website.

3. At least one of the download links is free to access and download.

4. If hosting the Base Skins, leave my username on them as the creator and a link to my site http://michaeltmurrayuk.blogspot.co.uk/

If I download the FMC base skin is there a way for me to darken the highlighted attributes when comparing players? The values must be somewhere in the settings?

Found it, it is rather unhelpfully assigned to this value :rolleyes:

<!-- Card Rows -->

<colour name="cards_yellow" red="220" green="226" blue="0"/> <!-- Must respond news item row - red_replacement -->

However I have no idea what else that line of code also controls, I'd assume it also controls a row or column somewhere about yellow cards.

Hi, I have a problem with text size.. I've edited the "dark_base2015 settings.xml" file to make the text bigger and I've reloaded the skin but nothing happens in game..

The strings I changed are these:

<!-- Settings included with the fm dark settings.xml default file -->

<!-- text settings that vary from the defaults -->

<flags id="text_font" value="fonts/ProximaNova-Reg" />

<integer id="text_size_small" value="8.5" />

<integer id="text_size_normal" value="9" />

<integer id="text_size_large" value="10" />

<flags id="hint_font" value="fonts/ProximaNova-Reg" />

<integer id="hint_size" value="9"/>

<flags id="control_font" value="fonts/ProximaNova-Reg" />

<integer id="control_size_normal" value="9"/>

<flags id="menu_font" value="fonts/ProximaNova-Reg" />

<integer id="menu_size_small" value="8"/>

<integer id="menu_size_normal" value="9"/>

<integer id="menu_size_large" value="10"/>

<flags id="title_font" value="fonts/ProximaNova-Reg" />

<integer id="title_size_large" value="18"/>

<integer id="title_size_normal" value="16"/>

<integer id="title_size_small" value="12"/>

<integer id="title_style" value="semi_bold"/>

<flags id="html_font" value="fonts/ProximaNova-Reg" />

<flags id="pitch_font" value="fonts/ProximaNova-Reg" />

<flags id="duty_font" value="fonts/ProximaNova-Reg" />

I have edited the same file to no avail. However the OP states that these skins are for the demo. I believe we have to wait until they are updated for the full release. At that point I think the changes you have made to that file will work.

PS

Strangely enough I have just this minute changed the display settings on my laptop to make text size 125% for entirely other reasons. However, now I have fired up FM I have the sidebar reduced to icons only and the text size in game is much larger. Possibly too large but time will tell. This could work for you whilst waiting for the updated skin.

Hi, I have a problem with text size.. I've edited the "dark_base2015 settings.xml" file to make the text bigger and I've reloaded the skin but nothing happens in game..

Some of the fonts are also controlled by the various files located in the fonts folder, you may also need to edit the values in those files to change some of the font sizes.

Found it, it is rather unhelpfully assigned to this value :rolleyes:

<!-- Card Rows -->

<colour name="cards_yellow" red="220" green="226" blue="0"/> <!-- Must respond news item row - red_replacement -->

However I have no idea what else that line of code also controls, I'd assume it also controls a row or column somewhere about yellow cards.

Thank you for this. I will try to play around with it and see what happens

PS

Strangely enough I have just this minute changed the display settings on my laptop to make text size 125% for entirely other reasons. However, now I have fired up FM I have the sidebar reduced to icons only and the text size in game is much larger. Possibly too large but time will tell. This could work for you whilst waiting for the updated skin.

Ignore this, the game remembered the 125% text setting I used when plugging the laptop into my TV!

Some of the fonts are also controlled by the various files located in the fonts folder, you may also need to edit the values in those files to change some of the font sizes.

Brilliant, this works for the time being.

I have altered the settings for font size in these files located within the fonts folder: control, hint, duty, menu, pitch, table_heading, text and title. These were all the files found when searching in there for font_size_small. I also changed the font size in the base_dark2015 settings file. All thats needed now is some tinkering to match personal preferences.

Thanks for these skins, they really are a godsend.

Base Skins have been updated for the current patch on the full version (1.1.3), there was no real change from Demo files, just added a couple of extra font files so there is no need for people who downloaded the demo ones to redownload them unless you are planning on editing the fonts (it was just a file for the Steam Workshop/Store and one for the Match Titlebar - you can redownload or extract the default files if you want these).

Download links in the opening post are fully updated.

No update on the Light Skin, though I now have the full game so just waiting on the Official Light Skin to be released (of which I have no information about when it will be released).

Steam Workshop versions will be released once it is actually working as it doesn't seem possible to apply Workshop skins at the moment?

Is it possible to change background on base skin without installing this?

I extracted skins.fmf file and I got this. Can someone tell me what of this is default dark skin? I would like to edit something in it.

b05c5157e95a90efb590a6061a2af6e4.png

• 2 weeks later...

Minor update to the Dark Base Skin, changed the default sidebar colour from blue to the default black as I forgot to change it back when doing some testing, you can either redownload or just do the following to fix the problem:

Locate the following line in the settings\base_dark2015 settings.xml file:

<!-- it's a non-human object - so go this colour for for the sidebar background-->

<colour name="colour side bar" red="35" green="35" blue="145" alpha="255"/>

And change it to read:

<!-- it's a non-human object - so go this colour for for the sidebar background-->

<colour name="colour side bar" red="35" green="35" blue="45" alpha="255"/>

I was able to make it work but some features, like you mentioned, disappeared, and have some glitchs in players profile page. Shame this year no one is working to make available to normal mode, and I don't have the skills to do it. Thanks anyway Michael :)

I have changes most of the fonts - and almost all appears in the way I want.

But looking at the league table in overview, the fonts are still the same default one in the columns; played, wins, draws, loses, goals for and against.

All the other columns have changed and looks fine.

Viewing at home or away tables all changes works fine with the new font.

They should be controlled by the fonts\table_heading.xml file

Thanks Michael, but the xml you pointed out is correct edited - is changes to "vera" and some of the columns, which I mentioned above, are still with the default font.

table_heading.xml:

<record>

<string id="file_name" value="vera.otf"/>

<real id="font_size_small" value="8" />

<real id="font_size_normal" value="9" />

<real id="font_size_large" value="11" />

<integer id="fill_colour_red" value="255"/>

<integer id="fill_colour_green" value="255"/>

<integer id="fill_colour_blue" value="255"/>

<integer id="fill_colour_alpha" value="155"/>

</record>

Have you got a screenshot of which screen you are on about, as a quick edit of that file for me changes the headings on all the league table screens I can find?

Michael, for some reason I can't upload a screenshot, have tried several times to add an image….

You need to upload images to a third party website you cannnot host them directly on the forum, easiest method is to use the built in Steam Screenshot taker, then when you exit the game upload the screenshot to steam and share the link here.

I have oploaded a screenshot here:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198052471546/images/?appid=295270

Alright sorry though you meant the column headers rather than the actual content, looks like they are controlled by something else (due to the popup stats that appear when you hover over those columns), you can change the font however it's a bit more complicated.

You need to edit the 'league stage panel views.xml' file (instructions on how to edit it can be found here: [FM15 Guide] Editing the League Table and if you don't know how to extract the files see this guide: [FM2015 Guide] How to Extract Default Files & Understanding File Structure

Basically you need to follow the league table guide on how to adjust the width of the columns, however instead of entering the width code you enter the following code:

font="<FONT NAME>"

For the <FONT NAME> bit you have two options you can either insert the name of the actual font you are using so in your case 'vera' or if you want to have a bit more control you can use the name of one of the xml files from the fonts folder, so if you want it to take on the same style as the table headings insert 'table_heading'

i.e.

font="vera"

or

font="table_heading"

You also need to change the flags bit of the code to record, so for example you'd change the Played code for the Overall Stats view from:

<!-- Overall played -->

<flags id="LOpl" />

To

<!-- Overall played -->

<record id="LOpl" font="vera"/>

Then repeat for each of the columns that you want to change the font on (the last five games table also has the same problem but is thankfully controlled by the same code so when you fix it for the overall table it will fix it for the form one as well)/

Thanks Michael for your time, but it's starting to be to complicated for an amateur-skinner, as me :)

I thought it was a minor bug in the base-skin, that coursed the differences with the columns, as you can see at se at the screenshot, some of the columns down the table are fine with the edited font "vera" and others still with the font set in the base-skin.

If I change to show home or away tables, or combinated - the edited font works fine, so it's seems to be the table showing in all which are the only problem.

Perhaps I should leave it…

Michael Good afternoon !

I would like to edit the profile panel of the players, as follows:

-increase the nation's flag size ;

-Include The number and the player 's name below the photo ;

-include Other player information.

What file should I modify it?

Michael where is located the info icons, the one's next to players name (Inj, Wnt, Lrn)?

The Graphics are located in the various subfolders within: \skins\fm-widgets\graphics\buttons\custom\status

The colour of the text is controlled by the xml file located inside each folder, whilst the red replacement code determines which colour value the images take ingame with the actual colours of the buttons being controlled by this code from the settings\<skin name> settings.xml file for your skin:

<!-- Status Button Colours -->

<colour name="status_advisory" red="103" green="190" blue="129"/> <!-- Status button colour - red_replacement -->

<colour name="status_advisory_high" red="68" green="150" blue="94"/> <!-- Status button colour - red_replacement -->

<colour name="status_advisory_low" red="163" green="218" blue="180"/> <!-- Status button colour - red_replacement -->

<colour name="status_cannot_play" red="209" green="67" blue="67"/> <!-- Status button colour - red_replacement -->

<colour name="status_cannot_play_high" red="167" green="18" blue="18"/> <!-- Status button colour - red_replacement -->

<colour name="status_cannot_play_low" red="213" green="100" blue="100"/> <!-- Status button colour - red_replacement -->

<colour name="status_homegrown_club" red="90" green="160" blue="209"/> <!-- Status button colour - red_replacement -->

<colour name="status_homegrown_nation" red="47" green="119" blue="169"/> <!-- Status button colour - red_replacement -->

<colour name="status_restricted" red="114" green="122" blue="134"/> <!-- Status button colour - red_replacement -->

<colour name="status_shouldnt_play" red="220" green="136" blue="64"/> <!-- Status button colour - red_replacement -->

<colour name="status_shouldnt_play_high" red="203" green="95" blue="30"/> <!-- Status button colour - red_replacement -->

<colour name="status_shouldnt_play_low" red="212" green="182" blue="60"/> <!-- Status button colour - red_replacement -->

<colour name="status_warning" red="241" green="234" blue="37"/> <!-- Status button colour - red_replacement -->

status_advisory should be the standard green one (lst) whilst status_advisory should be the lighter green one (slt)

Base Skins have now been updated to work with patch 15.2, Base skins for the new Alternative skins will be released sometime in the next few days.

Change Log

v15.2 (Uploaded 10th December 2014 22:17 UK Time)

- Applies to both the Dark and Classic Base Skin.

- Updated to work with patch 15.2

- Updated files to patch version 15.2

- Only additions are some extra colour settings located at the bottom of the settings file.

Download links are in the opening post.

Base skins haven't made any change to the player profile screens, the game may have reset some preferences to default after patching, from the Preferences -> Interface screen set the Player Landing Page to Attributes to see the stats on the landing page (the profile landing page only shows shortened stats - these screens haven't been touched with the patch or base skin)

Base Skins for the new Alternative Skins have now been released, download links are in the opening post.

*NEW* Base Skin 2015 - This is the Light Alternative Full Mode Skin and is based on the Default FM2015 Light Skin.

*NEW* Classic Dark Base Skin - This is the Dark Base Skin for the FMC (Classic) Mode of FM2015 and is identical in appearance to the Alternative Dark FMC Skin.

NOTE: For the Base Skin 2015 the font settings of the Default Alternative Skin seem to be slightly different to the Default Dark Skin, as I find the font settings of the Dark Skin easier to read I have altered the font settings for the Base Skin 2015, however if you want the orignal font settings back delete the fonts folder from the Base Skin. Also the Light Base Skin has fairly solid panels compared to the Dark Skin, if you want the panels to be more transparent like the Dark Skin then delete the contents of the graphics folder.

Below are a couple of screenshots, first one shows the Light Base Skin with the font settings I've included, second screenshot shows font settings from the Official Alternative Skin (what you will get if you delete the fonts folder) and the third screenshot shows what the skin will look like if you delete the graphics folder:

fm15_lightbase_setfont.jpg fm15_lightbase_orgfont.jpg fm15_lightbase_deleteboxes.jpg

Also as there are still some issues with the Steam Workshop I have included all the files from the Alternative skins so you do not need to have them installed before using the Alternative Base Skins this year.

Archived