Changes in 2.8.3 version

• A new Intro Menu panel
  • Recoloured the rating stars, now more yellow
  • Fixed the background colour of speech bubbles in Backroom Advices panel
  • Fixed the text colour of the whole Set Pieces Creator
  • Fixed the text colours of all the Match advanced tactics panels
  • Slightly reorganized the Player Personal details
  • Slightly reorganized the Player Overview panel
  • The text and attributes are now bolder in the Player Attributes small popup panel

Known issues :

The middle row in Player profile (the secondary player overview) disappears in low resolutions and zoomed mode

If you get any displaying issue, please go to > Preferences > Interface (if you can't, press SHIFT and P at the same time), then load "Football Manager" original skin, then return to Interface preferences, lear the cache and reload HelveticaLite by unticking the "Use caching to decrease page loading times" THEN tick "Reload skin when confirming changes in preferences" (you may reload the skin at any time by pressing SHIFT+R).

283intro.jpg

283player.png

I don't know, though here's a temporary fix for resolutions from 1680x1050 and above.

Extract and overwrite the current file in Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2015\skins\helveticalite_rc1_normal_sidebar\panels\

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jx9mhrqxzlefrom/player profile.zip?dl=0

At 1680x1050 resolution

does that included zoomed? or just the resolutions

Just a reminder of unresolved issues:

The separators between the logo/team name/league are bareilly or not visible on some colors (screens are from the team pannel but it's valid from the player one aswell). Maybe thicker separator would solve the problem:

37m.jpg - 38m.jpg

FM drop menu button looses the logo and name and keeps the last action you made in that menu:

51m.jpg

Befor, during and after the match pannels that seems buged:

151m.jpg

152m.jpg

153m.jpg

I have this problem when trying to make a substitution in 'advanced tactics':

b8x18h.jpg

As you can see, you can't see who's who. Also, not a big deal but the offside flag is red and black in the match engine instead of red/yellow. Just looks weird is all.

Also, I realised that I haven't been explaining this issue correctly:

41m.jpg

This doesn't appear when I click the search bar and tipe in, it work perfectly fine, it appears when I click a tab on the sidebar than click the search bar. I suggest you try click "Home" from the sidebar than click on the search bar see if the word "Home" is there, than try wiht "Inbox" on the side and click the search bar, than "Schedule" and so on untill you get through all the sidebar. See if you get the same issue. I hope that I made myself understood as if very difficult for me to explain it, especially in english.

I was wondering if you could move "show recent attribute changes" and "highlight key attributes" button positions to match the default skin? This way you get more space in the pannel and maybe you can put the pitch picture horrizontal just like the one in the profile. Idk, it just looks weird to me how it is now. Also think the role buttons are way too long:

108m.jpg

Maybe a nice separator in the calendar when you hit "Continue", to separate the days:

109m.jpg

Is "Live league table" suppose to look like this? I mean with this greyish color:

120m.jpg

Hope I don't annoy you with all this things. I love the skin and I just want to see it turn out amazing when it's done. All the best !

Just a reminder of unresolved issues:

All of them have been fixed in the 2.8.3 version. Excepted the vertical dividers in the titlebar, i like them thin.

Also, I realised that I haven't been explaining this issue correctly:

41m.jpg

This doesn't appear when I click the search bar and tipe in, it work perfectly fine, it appears when I click a tab on the sidebar than click the search bar. I suggest you try click "Home" from the sidebar than click on the search bar see if the word "Home" is there, than try wiht "Inbox" on the side and click the search bar, than "Schedule" and so on untill you get through all the sidebar. See if you get the same issue. I hope that I made myself understood as if very difficult for me to explain it, especially in english.

It's all fine, i got it ;)

Yes, a weird issue. I have absolutely no idea how to resolve it. As it's a minor issue, i'll try to fix it later.

I was wondering if you could move "show recent attribute changes" and "highlight key attributes" button positions to match the default skin? This way you get more space in the pannel and maybe you can put the pitch picture horrizontal just like the one in the profile. Idk, it just looks weird to me how it is now. Also think the role buttons are way too long:

108m.jpg

Actually, i just posted a fix for this screen. I had to make some compromises, to get it readable in zoomed mode. I've slightly changed some things, and removed the "show recent attributes" and "highlight key..." buttons.

Maybe a nice separator in the calendar when you hit "Continue", to separate the days:

109m.jpg

Yes, it's a good idea. I was thinking about it a few days ago, then forgot. I'll work on it.

Is "Live league table" suppose to look like this? I mean with this greyish color:

120m.jpg

Yes, i already explaned why some posts ago. The league tables displayed during the matches are called from the original league stage panel views.xml file. So, recolouring the background is the only way, as far i know, to fix it.

Hope I don't annoy you with all this things.

Absolutely not. Rather, i thank you to point out the skin's bugs :)

All of them have been fixed in the 2.8.3 version. Excepted the vertical dividers in the titlebar, i like them thin.

FM drop menu button looses the logo and name and keeps the last action you made in that menu:

51m.jpg

I have this problem when trying to make a substitution in 'advanced tactics':

b8x18h.jpg

As you can see, you can't see who's who. Also, not a big deal but the offside flag is red and black in the match engine instead of red/yellow. Just looks weird is all.

This two are still arround.

For the first one, just go to "Game status" in your save, than go back to the game. You'll see the logo won't appear if you don't reload the skin.

As for the separators. Yea, I like them thin too, it's just that they are not visible on some colours. Minor thing anyway.

This two are still arround.

For the first one, just go to "Game status" in your save, than go back to the game. You'll see the logo won't appear if you don't reload the skin.

As for the separators. Yea, I like them thin too, it's just that they are not visible on some colours. Minor thing anyway.

About the FM button issue, i don't know how to resolve it, i'll have to check it.

About the second one, i'll see this afternoon, i'm at work right now.

Great work as always, nice to have the player profile screen stuff in zoomed mode now.

Couple of other things:

10h3szq.jpg

The 'highlight recent attribute changes' button is gone. Also, there's no 'age', 'preferred foot' or 'player value' in the profile.

Here's the default layout to compare:

dwxftf.jpg

For the record I think the default layout is perfectly fine, I'd just like it in the light skin. I don't think anything needs tinkered with but obviously that's up to you.

Yes. I fixed it in the new version, will upload it this afternoon or in the evening ;)

(though in the meanwhile, the footedness infos are visible in the attributes panel in the right column, as you can see on your printscreen)

insane is there going to be verson. 21.145.2345 one day soon haha

Yea, you have to consider that i got absolutely no idea how to modify or create a skin one month ago. So, i made some mistakes at first, i'm still trying to fix it since. Second, making a skin means dealing with more than 1300 xml files and hundreds of images and icons. Every change is dynamic and may affects something else somewhere else in another file. It's like an endless work. But it would have been "easy" IF i would have worked from a LIGHT skin. Working from a dark skin means pretty much inverting ALL colours, buttons, texts, backgrounds and stuff.

So, yes, i'll work on it until it's bugs-free, and i still hope that SI will release an official light skin ;)

So, yes, i'll work on it until it's bugs-free, and i still hope that SI will release an official light skin ;)

I hope SI can hear you right now. I detest the dark skin, allways did, and your skin looks amazing, or at least the ideea behind is amazing. It doesn't matter how many versions there will be if they will lead to a bug free and amazing looking skin. Keep up the good work, there are people that really apreciate it ! I really wish I could help you with your work, but i know nothing about programing unfortunatly. :(

Your skin looks awesome, I have only 2 things to say, both about the player profile panel

1. There's a lot of wasted space in the bottom left, just below the club logo. If you could make the logo a bit smaller, and add an option for an extra panel below that, It'd be perfect.

2. When viewing the best roles for a specific position, a star view right next or right below to the role would be very helpful.

Thank you very much anyway!

Well, I just installed this skin (latest update) and ran into a funny problem...

When the skin was loaded, my FM went totally black... As in TOTALLY black... :S And now, FM won't load with the skin installed. If I delete the skin from the skin-folder, no problem what so ever :/

Should be noted, I'm on a 15" rMBP. running the game at 2880x1800 zoomed at 175% :)

Your skin looks awesome, I have only 2 things to say, both about the player profile panel

1. There's a lot of wasted space in the bottom left, just below the club logo. If you could make the logo a bit smaller, and add an option for an extra panel below that, It'd be perfect.

2. When viewing the best roles for a specific position, a star view right next or right below to the role would be very helpful.

Thank you very much anyway!

Thank you :)

About your first point : no, i can't. You probably use, like me, an higher resolution, but when making a skin, we have to think about people who have lower resolutions, especially 1366x768 which is a common one on laptops. Adjust your resolution to this, you will see it perfectly fits the panel.

About the second one, it displays stars at the right top of the Attributes panel when selecting a role for a specific position.

HelveticaLite RC (2.8.4)

A light skin for Football Manager 2015.

Updated : 2.12.2014

Download it here :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5n8j0p2rxeklnqx/helveticalite_rc1.zip?dl=0

Please let me now about remaining bugs.

Changes in 2.8.4 version

• Fixed and improved the player profile screen, now display fine from 1680x1050 (and above) resolutions at 100% and 125%
  • Inverted both "FM" and "World" buttons in the header bar
  • Various fixes

Known issues :

- The text is still hidden in Substitution popup panel in Match Advanced tactics

Player profile panel in 1920x1080 at 125% :

284.png

Hello drswit,

First of all I wanna thank you for the best skin in FM15 (great work).

Now, i have a problem in this screen with the table of the league and i have seen that nobody is getting this trouble 5lf4.

I play in 1600x900 screen and 100%.

I wanna ask you if there's anything i can do to fix that(or anything you can do hehe)

Thanks.

Great skin!

One minor thing I noticed, while playing in 3D, Champions League Games, I clicked on the "league position" widget and the games/goals/points did not display. When I play in the regular league they do display with a grey background.

Hello drswit,

First of all I wanna thank you for the best skin in FM15 (great work).

Now, i have a problem in this screen with the table of the league and i have seen that nobody is getting this trouble..

I play in 1600x900 screen and 100%.

I wanna ask you if there's anything i can do to fix that(or anything you can do hehe)

Thanks.

That's very strange... Try to delete those files (you can delete them even if your game is open) :

• Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2015\skins\helveticalite_rc1_normal_sidebar\panels\opponents league table.xml
  • Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2015\skins\helveticalite_rc1_normal_sidebar\panels\league stage.xml

Then reload the skin by pressing SHIFT+R.

Great skin!

One minor thing I noticed, while playing in 3D, Champions League Games, I clicked on the "league position" widget and the games/goals/points did not display. When I play in the regular league they do display with a grey background.

Thanks for the info, all those league tables everywhere are a nightmare :D I'll fix it.

Just as an ideea, maybe replace "Highlight key attributes for role" with "Show recent attribute changes" in the attribute player pannel as we allready have there the best 3 roles for the player and we also have the reports tab for futher info.

LE: Hate to bring the bad news again but I this is how my pannels look like in 1920x1080 100% and 125%:

172m.jpg

173m.jpg

As you can see, there is some space there.

Yes, that is normal. I mean : this screen is tricky. My aim was to make this screen correctly readable from 1366x768, so i did some compromises about the layout. I'm even thinking about use that extra space at bottom at 1920x1080 by adding some panels.

About the change you are talking about, yes it's a good idea, i'll try.

To be honest, i never use that screen, but i got many messages about it, it seems a lotsa people are still using it the oldschool way ;)

Ok m8.

As a sugestion, maybe put the statistics pannel to the bottom and make it a little bit high, and in the place of the current statistics put the Recent Match Ratings pannel.

About the old school way, yea, it's my sin, and not only in FM but allmost all aspects of my life. I'm really sceptical about new and I really take changes hard, especially when I know the old works great. I mean, just to make an ideea, I've haven't had a touchscreen phone untill this year and I'm not that old at 29 y.o, but it's just the way I am.

For example in FM I was very dissapointed (to the point I wanted to not buy the game anymore) when SI decided to implement the tactic creator and remove the old slider tactic sistem. I still consider the old sistem better, but that's another discution. I've never used, never will, the profile pannel as I consider it has too much stacked info, too many pannels, that hurts my eyes. The attribute pannel is much "cleaner" if this makes any sense, easyer to watch. Idk, maybe it's just preference,but some people just can't let go. I'm one of them. :)

As a friendly advice, I think you should take it step by step with the skin and what I mean is to make it bug free and working on 100% resolutions than make a copy and work on the zoomed ones. I think trying to fix all at once won't lead you anywhere. We have a saying in Romania: Don't try to kill two rabbits with one bullet.

It's just an advice not a critic. I appreciate your work and the time you put in this skin anyway.

All the best !

I'm a old-fashioned guy too, but i'm not against some refreshes when needed ;)

Now, about your suggestion, you were right, so i added the "Show recent..." widget instead of the redondant "Highlight..." one. About your suggestion about the stats panel : i can't modify its height, as it fits perfectly when playing at 1680x1050 at 125% zoom mode. One pixel higher will break the layout. See how it looks at 1680/125% :

284njhw.png

As you suggested, i added the Match ratings panel, it's available FROM 1920x1080 and above in normal mode only. Please keep in mind that i have to keep the layout this way (stats and ratings at middle) so that when using it at lower resolutions and in zoomed mode, it degrades nicely and keeps the bottom row visible. Now the profile panel at 1920/100% :

2842.png

Aaah i hate this game !! :D

Actually, inserting another row of panels, like the Match Ratings, generated some issues in... the Physical panel below... Its content is not anymore called. So i reverted to the original 3-rows layout and deleted the physical panel (which is not essential, there's already the condition tag in the attribute panel) to replace it with the Match rating one.

Here's the final layout (i'm tired of it) of the screen at 1920/125% :

2843.png

Hi drswit. Thanks for your continued hard work on this skin. It was a shame to see you'd removed player personality, but it wasn't working properly anyway and I guess it was causing other problems.

In terms of recent revisions, I have a couple of comments:

I think I preferred the current and potential ability stars in orange than I do in yellow; they seemed bit more easily readable before.

I have an issue on the "Physical" panel on the player profile screen. When a player is injured I don't get the full text. For example I can only see "Currently undergoing treatment for a sprained a..." and need to hover the mouse over it until it is revealed in a tooltip.

Aaah i hate this game !! :D

Actually, inserting another row of panels, like the Match Ratings, generated some issues in... the Physical panel below... Its content is not anymore called. So i reverted to the original 3-rows layout and deleted the physical panel (which is not essential, there's already the condition tag in the attribute panel) to replace it with the Match rating one.

Here's the final layout (i'm tired of it) of the screen at 1920/125% :

2843.png

Looks great. Leave it like this.

Drswit, i'm still having the same problem, do you have any other ideas?

I answered you a few posts ago, did you read it ? If no, here's my past answer :

That's very strange... Try to delete those files (you can delete them even if your game is open) :

• Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2015\skins\helveticalite_rc1_normal_sidebar\panels \opponents league table.xml
  • Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2015\skins\helveticalite_rc1_normal_sidebar\panels \league stage.xml

Then reload the skin by pressing SHIFT+R.

Hi drswit. Thanks for your continued hard work on this skin. It was a shame to see you'd removed player personality, but it wasn't working properly anyway and I guess it was causing other problems.

In terms of recent revisions, I have a couple of comments:

I think I preferred the current and potential ability stars in orange than I do in yellow; they seemed bit more easily readable before.

I have an issue on the "Physical" panel on the player profile screen. When a player is injured I don't get the full text. For example I can only see "Currently undergoing treatment for a sprained a..." and need to hover the mouse over it until it is revealed in a tooltip.

The Player personality tag comes back, in the personal details ;)

About your issue, it's solved, as i deleted the Physical panel in the Profile screen, and replaced it by the Match ratings one. Condition, injuries and stuff are already displayed in the INF panel at right.

Expect the new version in a hour or two.

Archived