[FM2015] [SKIN] HelveticaLite, a light skin with Instant Result

drswit

The purpose of this skin is to use Helvetica font, as its name indicates it ;)

Though, if you want to use Proxima Nova, edit the text.xml (fonts/text.xml) file :

<record>
 <string id="file_name" value="helveticaneueots.otf"/>

and replace it by :

<record>
 <string id="file_name" value="ProximaNova-Reg.otf"/>

Thanks mate :applause:

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Drakestone, your compliments are much appreciated :)

Yes, it was a true nightmare to modify the main menu, especially to center the content in any resolution. BTW, i can't get rid of those thin lines, have you an idea about how to remove it ?

No problem buddy, if I'm mistaken it's your first skin? Definately top notch work considering (my first was nowhere near it).

I'm away until tomorrow evening my friend but I'll take a look at you when I get back (and see if I can do anything about the white text in the stage containers (league table)

I see youve made the container the buttons are in stick to all sides? If there isn't somewhere in the main menu.xml that adds separator images (which can be removed from the code) or if the buttons are definaed in a table instead (a bit like the sidebar) then you wont be able to remove them. You will, however, be able to shorten them by wrapping the menus container in another container and defining the size of it and setting the alignment to centre_x, centre_y.

No problem buddy, if I'm mistaken it's your first skin? Definately top notch work considering (my first was nowhere near it).

I'm away until tomorrow evening my friend but I'll take a look at you when I get back (and see if I can do anything about the white text in the stage containers (league table)

I see youve made the container the buttons are in stick to all sides? If there isn't somewhere in the main menu.xml that adds separator images (which can be removed from the code) or if the buttons are definaed in a table instead (a bit like the sidebar) then you wont be able to remove them. You will, however, be able to shorten them by wrapping the menus container in another container and defining the size of it and setting the alignment to centre_x, centre_y.

Yes, it's my first skin, but as a graphic and webdesigner, let's say i like to work with layouts :)

I already deleted the separators, no changes happened. Your idea to put the main container in another container looks good, i'll try, thanks for the advice :)

HelveticaLite Release Candidate (2.6)

A light skin for Football Manager 2015.

Updated : 16.11.2014

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5n8j0p2rxeklnqx/helveticalite_rc1.zip?dl=0

Features :

-Helvetica font for a better readability

-Instant Result Button

-New graphics : star ratings and morale icons

Changes in 2.6 version

-Removed players suitability icons in pitch in tactics panel

suitability.jpg

-Simplified the suitability tooltip

tooltip.jpg

-Resized the "best roles" buttons in player attributes overview panel

buttons.jpg

-Added the morale label into attributes panel

morale.jpg

-Reworked the wannachupbrew scout report panel

scout.jpg

-Reworked the entire scout report panel

report.jpg

-Tweaked the ingame edit button (only in mini sidebar version)

edit.jpg

-Reworked the inbox/headlines panels

inbox.jpg

headlines.jpg

-Replaced the default competition league logo

logos.jpg

- and many changes...

Changes in 2.5 version :

-A totally reworked player overview panel (including reworked bergkamp stats and wannachupbrew suitability panels)

-An alternative skin with a icons only sidebar

-New Inbox and Headlines panels

-An exclusive centered Main menu panel

-Wider and larger tables

----------------------

Known bugs (to be fixed) :

some stats (played-wins-draws-lost) into Stages panels are too light (please refer to the Combined view or the League table in the Home panel)

physical stats displayed on a 10'000 basis rather than percentages in the Physical panel

----------------------

How to install :

Extract the content of the zip file at the root of your /skin folder.

Windows: \Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2015\skins\

Mac OS X: /Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2015/skins/

Create the folder "skins" if it doesn't exist.

Start the game and go to Preferences screen then Interface tab.

You should see two "HelveticaLite RC1..." as options in the skin drop down of the Overview box.

Choose yours then hit the Confirm button.

You are free to distribute and modify it without any permission.

Dr Swit.

To fix this:

Known bugs (to be fixed) :

- some stats (played-wins-draws-lost) into Stages panels are too light (please refer to the Combined view or the League table in the Home panel)

- physical stats displayed on a 10'000 basis rather than percentages in the Physical panel

try to cut something from this skin

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q1hbh0ms34jhwzq/fmgraphics%20white.rar?dl=0

cant for the life of me get this to show up in game... have it extracted correctly and the directory is "C:\Users\Bob\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2015\graphics\skins\helveticalite_rc1_normal_sidebar"

But all I see is the default skin in preferences.

cant for the life of me get this to show up in game... have it extracted correctly and the directory is "C:\Users\Bob\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2015\graphics\skins\helveticalite_rc1_normal_sidebar"

But all I see is the default skin in preferences.

It must be; C:\Users\Bob\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2015\skins

So graphics folder is unnecessary.

By the way, 2.6.5 version's link is wrong. How can I get it?

Hi,

How do you removed the players suitability icons in pitch in tactics panel and simplify the suitability loop? So I can do that to all the skins I might want to use. Bloody brilliant!

By editing these files :

- position role duty suitability tooltip panel.xml

- tactics icon info panel.xml

You can play with them if you want to make some changes ;)

I see you fixed the separator images, did you use a container on it all in the end?

Your advice was good, i indeed wrapped the containers in a main one with a width of 400px. So, many thanks :) (though i still can't get rid of these lines, in spite of i removed all separators...)

Btw, i finally managed to find a trick about the league tables stats. It's weird but the colour of those stats are controlled by the... button.xml file :confused: So i did a compromise and darkened a bit the colour, to still get the button text lighter enough and reveal the stats better.

stats.png

(thanks to 87brzoza, who lead me to the solution :))

Maybe you can help me about a problem i got : i would want to center the scoreboard in the match view. I tried to make the same trick than on the main menu - wrap the content in a centered container, but it does not work this time. Have you any idea ?

Hi drswit,

I was thinking to get used to original dark skin but this skin is really good.

You are aware some problems like league table but I am happy you figured out to make it better.

The player profile pictures are too small in my opinion. I am not sure they seem small because I play with 1920x1080 resolution. I changed the container width to 200px and it seems better to me and also got rid of excess empty space under personal details as well.

GZYa9Gl.png24Vm6Yx.png

Thanks for your comment. I prefer to focus on player's important infos (like age, wages, value etc.) than on pictures, which is not an important feature for me ;)

Now, i wonder if increasing the width to 200 does not break the layout at bottom. It still displays the position and link to the player profile ?

HelveticaLite Release Candidate (2.7)

Updated : 17.11.2014

Changes in 2.7 version

• - Reworked the whole match panels, including :
  • - a new scoreboard
  • - a new caption panel
  • - a customized "between highlights" panel

• - made a temporary trick about the league table stats, they now appear in a light grey
  • - new icons in "squad depth > by position" panel
  • - and many changes and improvements

statsJSwZ2.png

scorebpard1Ok3o.jpg

2matchbetween.jpg

2matchfeeds.jpg

2caption.jpg

Hi!

First of all, many thanks for your great work, I really like this skin!

I have one question though, is it possibile to revert back to the original format of the player overview (up to the 2.3 release) but mantaining the fixes to the readability problems that came along with the newer versions? I appreciate your work, but I like the original overview better, it has just enough tabs for me and I can read them more easily. Thanks in advance. :)

Hi!

First of all, many thanks for your great work, I really like this skin!

I have one question though, is it possibile to revert back to the original format of the player overview (up to the 2.3 release) but mantaining the fixes to the readability problems that came along with the newer versions? I appreciate your work, but I like the original overview better, it has just enough tabs for me and I can read them more easily. Thanks in advance. :)

Yes, sure. Just delete these 3 files in the panels folder (skins/helveticalite_rc1_normal_sidebar/panels) :

• player overview panel.xml
  • player personal details panel.xml
  • player physical stats panel.xml

Any way to change the green and red throughout the skin, not too keen on it?

Great skin, and many thx!!

Well, actually no, because it's the color scheme of my skin ;)

Now you can play with the helveticalite_rc1_normal_sidebar.xml settings file (in helveticalite_rc1_normal_sidebar > settings).

<!-- Match Button - Also used for match menu boxes-->
<colour name="match_button" red="55" green="64" blue="71"/> <!-- Main button colour - red_replacement -->
<colour name="match_button_border" red="55" green="64" blue="71"/> <!-- Button border colour - blue_replacement -->
<colour name="match_button_shadow" red="0" green="0" blue="0"/> <!-- Button shadow colour - green_replacement -->

<!-- Used for icons throughout the UI, like on buttons, checkboxes etc -->
<colour name="normal_icon" red="119" green="193" blue="147"/>  <!-- Used for tick/bullet on checkboxes and radio buttons -->

<!-- Used for icons throughout the match, like on buttons, checkboxes etc -->
<colour name="match_icon" red="119" green="193" blue="147" alpha="255" /> <!-- Used for tick/bullet on checkboxes and radio buttons -->

<!-- Primary Button -->
<colour name="primary_button" red="230" green="80" blue="80"/> <!-- Main button colour - red_replacement -->
<colour name="primary_button_border" red="230" green="80" blue="80"/> <!-- Button border colour - blue_replacement -->

awsome skin!

However the players names don't show up in set piece instructions, it is just a grey box.

Is this a known issue?

thanks

G

Not a known issue, thanks to have pointed it out. Though, i've did not find how to resolve it atm.

Pleas change you release management. You still named it RC1, but you are changing number of version.

So, add +1 to you RS (RC2,...RC3...) or stop using RC and release only version as 2.7, ... 2.8,.....2.8.1,....2.8.2,....

It will be better for you & for users too.

Please, next time, describe your problem rather than just posting a picture.

So, i loaded a new game and took Portsmouth. I got no problem with the sidebar, as you can see it below.

Go to preferences > interface, then clear the cache, maybe it can help.

bug.png

I have two questions:

1) which is the panel that sets the color of these? Because I'd like to change the color of "transfer budget remaining" and "wage budget available", making them more easily readable

2dbw8ee.png

2) in "Home" the latest results don't appear completely, how can I fix this?

2gt3nr6.png

Thanks for your great work!

ps I edited a bit your skin, with backgrounds and changing the font ;)

I have two questions:

1) which is the panel that sets the color of these? Because I'd like to change the color of "transfer budget remaining" and "wage budget available", making them more easily readable

2) in "Home" the latest results don't appear completely, how can I fix this?

Thanks for your great work!

ps I edited a bit your skin, with backgrounds and changing the font ;)

Well, that is the problem. You need to remove the background, or at least, lighten it. Then you may reduce the size of the main font by editing the text.xml file in /fonts folder.

Thanks for your comment. I prefer to focus on player's important infos (like age, wages, value etc.) than on pictures, which is not an important feature for me ;)

Now, i wonder if increasing the width to 200 does not break the layout at bottom. It still displays the position and link to the player profile ?

No problem at bottom. I cropped the bottom part in my screenshot but everything is fine with that.

Yes, sure. Just delete these 3 files in the panels folder (skins/helveticalite_rc1_normal_sidebar/panels) :

• player overview panel.xml
  • player personal details panel.xml
  • player physical stats panel.xml

This really helped a lot, cheers mate. :)

I have no answer about that. I tested the skin on 3 computers in all resolutions and never had this problem.

Please wait until tonight, i'll release a new version, including a new sidebar, which have been recoloured (it means it won't take the colour of the team anymore - and no more transparency). I hope it will fix your problem.

15i3kua.jpg

Can someone please explain how I can make this bigger, ie. like this:

15n2etl.jpg

As you can see, the attribute analysis graphic in the second picture lines up much better with the player picture than in the fist one. How can I make it so they match up? Please. It's the only thing I want to 'fix' and once it's done I can relax ;) Help would be appreciated.

HelveticaLite Release Candidate (2.7.2)

Updated : 19.11.2014

Changes in 2.7.2 version

- fixed the colour of the league table stats

- league tables justified to the left

- fixed the lighter colour of some disabled menus/buttons

- modified the background colour of edit fields (now white)

- the top of the sidebar is now aligned with the header

- reduced the width of the sidebar from 160 to 150px wide

- realigned the content in the sidebar

- recoloured the sidebar, it's now always the same colour

- reworked the inbox icon and box

- reorganized the player overview panel

- lightened the attribute analysis text colour in player overview panel

- centered the recommandation text in the report panel in player overview

- new bullet icons

3play.png

3home.png

3stages.png

Can someone please explain how I can make this bigger, ie. like this:

As you can see, the attribute analysis graphic in the second picture lines up much better with the player picture than in the fist one. How can I make it so they match up? Please. It's the only thing I want to 'fix' and once it's done I can relax ;) Help would be appreciated.

I'll see if i can do something about the analysis panel ;)

Well, first of all, congratulations for your amazing job. It is one of the best skins that I've ever seen. The FM 15 official skin is very good too, but you have implemented many things and it is a alternative because is a light skin and it uses Helvetica <3.

Anyway, I'm a bit curious, is it possible to bring back the old tatic's panel? Here is what I'm talking about:

yxbATg7.png

LY7Z3Kt.png

qK5pAf6.png

UOgxOjr.png

I don't know why SI games has changed this screen, it was completely perfect. Before, we had current role, duty, morale, fitness and average rating at the formation section. All these functions in only one place. Now we need to look to the right to see the formation, to the left to see duties and roles and to the middle to see morale and fitness. Information is scattered through the screen which hinders our observations. It would be a hard work to bring back the FM14 system? Because it would be completely fantastic.

By the way, please, could you send me some information, tutorials and/or tips about the skin creation? I'm able to work with photoshop, but I don't know how the skins work inside the game, I don't understand that many folders and the xml files. Thanks and keep your good job.

Kind Regards,

razmth

PS: Adding the possibility of minimize the left side bar as we do in the scout screen witt the scout tasks bar would be great, too.

Archived