[FM2015] [SKIN] HelveticaLite, a light skin with Instant Result

drswit

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The is a guide to editing and skins at the top of the editing pages m8. :)

This guide if for the people who don't know how to insert graphics and skins. I wanna know how to create/edit a skin/base skin. I want to ingress in this world as a contributor. :)

But I don't know by where I have to start.

This guide if for the people who don't know how to insert graphics and skins. I wanna know how to create/edit a skin/base skin. I want to ingress in this world as a contributor. :)

But I don't know by where I have to start.

Thats what those guide are.. we all started learning from nothing..

ic302u.jpg

thats my efffort and I only started editing skins a month ago, with the guides and various questions on here..

try one of michaelmurrays threads on a small thing and pick up bit by bit.. trial and error is your best way to go, first out.

Indeed, we all start from zero. Two weeks ago, i had absolutely NO idea how to create a skin or even modify anything. I read some posts of Michael, opened some xml files into Notepad++ and tried to understand how it works. I made many many (thousands !) of edits to see how it acts in the game. I downloaded a skin and compared it to the original base skin etc. etc.

I'm still learning but this process made me understand the basis of fm skinning.

Thats what those guide are.. we all started learning from nothing..

ic302u.jpg

thats my efffort and I only started editing skins a month ago, with the guides and various questions on here..

try one of michaelmurrays threads on a small thing and pick up bit by bit.. trial and error is your best way to go, first out.

I've read some Michael's guides while I was waiting for some positive answer. It helped me a lot.

Anyway, thanks for the tips.

Indeed, we all start from zero. Two weeks ago, i had absolutely NO idea how to create a skin or even modify anything. I read some posts of Michael, opened some xml files into Notepad++ and tried to understand how it works. I made many many (thousands !) of edits to see how it acts in the game. I downloaded a skin and compared it to the original base skin etc. etc.

I'm still learning but this process made me understand the basis of fm skinning.

Are you kidding me? Just two weeks? You are very good for just 2 weeks. LOL

I will work hard on my vacations 'cause you motivated me a lot with this information.

And to answer you about the new tactics panel, i don't know if it's possible to bring back the old one. Maybe i can play with the FM2014 panels and see how it interacts, but i've many doubts.. You could ask Michael about it.

Edit : Sharrow already did it :

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405714-Changing-the-FM15-tactics-screen

Thank you for this.

--

Thank you both, guys. I was thinking that all you had some previous experience from old versions or something else. Thanks a lot. And KTGW!

@razmth

The basics of skinning, or how and where to start ;)

1. Download and install the Resource Archiver 2015

In Steam > Library > Tools > Football Manager 2015 Resource Archiver

The Resource Archiver is used to extract .fmf files. The .fmf files contain the .xml and graphic files we need to skin.

The .fmf files are located there in Windows : C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Football Manager 2015\data

You may extract these .fmf files first :

• fonts.fmf
  • graphics.fmf
  • panels.fmf
  • skins.fmf

2. Download the free version of TextCrawler

http://www.digitalvolcano.co.uk/tcdownloads.html

TextCrawler can find (and replace) any text string in any file. Very useful to find a panel from the text displayed.

Type ".xml" in the "file filter" field at left, then select the folder(s) you want to search in at right in "Start location" field.

3. Download Notepad++

http://notepad-plus-plus.org/download/v6.6.9.html

Notepad is a free source code editor and Notepad replacement. You can open several files at the same time by right-clicking on any .xml files.

4. Download Colorpic

http://www.iconico.com/colorpic/

Colorpic is a desktop color picker. Useful when you need the RGB values of a colour you see on your screen.

5. Download the Michael's FM2015 Base skins

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/404718-Football-Manager-2015-Base-Skins

"So to make things easier for people I've put up some base skins that are identical to the default skins that come with the game, so you can add new files/graphics to these without messing up the original skins, and anything that isn't located in these new skin folders will be taken from the default locations within the game."

6. Download a skin

Download any FM2015 skin to learn and compare.

:)

Because he still hasnt found where the icons for them are stored, and nor have I lol. Have the same issue in my skin.

Sidebar Icons are controlled by the xml files located in the panels\menubar folder from the panels.fmf file, there is an xml file for each option, the xml file controls which icon is used for which item, the colour of the icon, the colour of any text aswell as the actual height assigned to the item. other squad icon.xml controls the Reserve/U21/U18 etc... squads.

Sidebar Icons are controlled by the xml files located in the panels\menubar folder from the panels.fmf file, there is an xml file for each option, the xml file controls which icon is used for which item, the colour of the icon, the colour of any text aswell as the actual height assigned to the item. other squad icon.xml controls the Reserve/U21/U18 etc... squads.

Cool, gonna widen the side bar slighty and get some better coloured icons in there.. :)

Lol, indeed :lol:

But i think it's not a icon. It looks like it loads the normal squad icon and add the text (reserves/-19 etc.) in a round box.

The icon colours aredefined in the panels/menubar folder. You can get it from the panels.fmf. The text for the under 18/21's are a label and the text colour is defined by the text colour of the rest of the tex5 in the sidebar menu table.xml. (Thanks go to michaeltmurray for that one)

@razmth

The basics of skinning, or how and where to start ;)

1. Download and install the Resource Archiver 2015

In Steam > Library > Tools > Football Manager 2015 Resource Archiver

The Resource Archiver is used to extract .fmf files. The .fmf files contain the .xml and graphic files we need to skin.

The .fmf files are located there in Windows : C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Football Manager 2015\data

You may extract these .fmf files first :

• fonts.fmf
  • graphics.fmf
  • panels.fmf
  • skins.fmf

2. Download the free version of TextCrawler

http://www.digitalvolcano.co.uk/tcdownloads.html

TextCrawler can find (and replace) any text string in any file. Very useful to find a panel from the text displayed.

Type ".xml" in the "file filter" field at left, then select the folder(s) you want to search in at right in "Start location" field.

3. Download Notepad++

http://notepad-plus-plus.org/download/v6.6.9.html

Notepad is a free source code editor and Notepad replacement. You can open several files at the same time by right-clicking on any .xml files.

4. Download Colorpic

http://www.iconico.com/colorpic/

Colorpic is a desktop color picker. Useful when you need the RGB values of a colour you see on your screen.

5. Download the Michael's FM2015 Base skins

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/404718-Football-Manager-2015-Base-Skins

"So to make things easier for people I've put up some base skins that are identical to the default skins that come with the game, so you can add new files/graphics to these without messing up the original skins, and anything that isn't located in these new skin folders will be taken from the default locations within the game."

6. Download a skin

Download any FM2015 skin to learn and compare.

:)

Thank you so much! Great tips!

But I have a question: if I decide to work with the Base Skin I don't need to extract fmf files via Resource Archiver, correct? Using the Resource Archiver is just another way to work, right?

Thank you again.

I cannot for the life of me find other squad icon.xml in the menubar folder of the panels folder or any skin either...

Can anybody tell me what the exact attribute colours were for FM14? I want the exact blue ones as before?

Should be:

<colour name="low attribute" red="40" green="40" blue="40" alpha="140"/>

<colour name="normal attribute" red="40" green="40" blue="40" alpha="200"/>

<colour name="good attribute" red="40" green="40" blue="120" />

<colour name="excellent attribute" red="0" green="0" blue="255" />

<colour name="unknown attribute background" red="170" green="170" blue="170"/>

HelveticaLite Release Candidate (2.7.3)

A light skin for Football Manager 2015.

Updated : 23.11.2014

Download it here :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5n8j0p2rxeklnqx/helveticalite_rc1.zip?dl=0

Changes in 2.7.3 version

Sidebar

• - resized the sidebar width to 160px and resized the text to 7.5px, due to gaps when using some foreign languages
  • - fixed the Reserves/u19 etc/ icons colour in sidebar

Team Squad Tactics panel

• - fixed the Team next match panel below the pitch in Team squad tactics view
  • - reworked the Team squad tactics pitch from the Shallow's panel
  • - recoloured the players columns in Team squad tactics panel

Player Overview panel

• - completely reworked the personal details panel, and added Club badges at bottom
  • - fixed the percentage value texts in player's Physical stats panel, and centered the text
  • - added the height and weight values in the Player Attributes panel
  • - replaced the default club logos (now 200px)

Match

• - added the final release of michaelmurray's Between in highlights panel
  • - added and tweaked the michaelmurray's match Titlebar
  • - fixed the invisible text in the Match feed item panel

... and many fixes and improvements.

4player.png

4tactics.png

4between.jpg

4sidebar.png

4pitch.png

4phys.png

Great skin m8, but i cant seem to get the Table right on the home screen. In the screens you showed, the table was as normal as the standardskin, but in my case the leaguetable is very small:

2n6fb05.jpg

Am i doing something wrong?

You couldn't make it bigger? Anyway, love the latest version, especially the tactics screen. Much, much tidier and a big improvement in my opinion.

This panel is very tricky. I would have to completely reorganize the whole panel to resize (just) a bit the analyser. I remind you that the content is dynamic : if you push anything, you have to fix it somewhere else. It's not worth it here, too much work, while you can display a biggest one in the player overview panel.

Below a screenshot of this panel where i coloured the containers. As you can see, too tricky ;)

analyser.png

Any ideas what we should do for getting the logo on the titlebar way way bigger?

I reorganized the titlebar and, by request, increased by 30% the size of the logo. I can't do more without breaking the alignment of the titlebar with the home sidebar box.

titlegcvHl.png

http://i.imgur.com/TGMUylT.png Number of letters does not fit

http://i.imgur.com/ifrQuCR.png why the Team Stats lines so wide on Home screen

About the first picture, that's strange... Is it happens with ALL the numbers, or only with "2" ?

About your second question : i gave some table rows a wider height, mainly in Finances and League stages tables, and it may affects some tables too.

This panel is very tricky. I would have to completely reorganize the whole panel to resize (just) a bit the analyser. I remind you that the content is dynamic : if you push anything, you have to fix it somewhere else. It's not worth it here, too much work, while you can display a biggest one in the player overview panel.

Below a screenshot of this panel where i coloured the containers. As you can see, too tricky ;)

analyser.png

No problem. Thanks for trying though. Appreciate this skin and your hard work so much. For me, the game would be unbearable if I had to use the default dark skin.

Archived