FM15 : Liverpool FC - Re-rebuilding, all over again

cezar.sl

Looked at Traore but Barca won't sell him.

As predicted, I was beaten and outclassed by Barca at the Camp Nou, lost 5-2. It was 3-0 at 50 minutes though, so it could have been worse. The frustrating thing is that 3 of their goals were from outside the box. What am I supposed to do about that? Ah well, 3-0 or 4-1 will do the job at Anfield. Haven't made it past the QF yet, would like to get there but maybe next season is more realistic.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just beat Bayern at home 2-0

Thanks to a Borini penalty that he won, he started up front for me. Sakho scored late on with a header from a free kick.

Not sure if a bug has happened on my game but for some reason it says that I didn't select Romero for the knock out stages which I did.. luckily Lucas put a shift in at DM. Gerrard and DS aren't match fit so I doubt I'll have them for the return game.

17 shots we had compared to Bayern's 3. 9 on target compared to Bayern's 1. 53% possession too

Looked at Traore but Barca won't sell him.

As predicted, I was beaten and outclassed by Barca at the Camp Nou, lost 5-2. It was 3-0 at 50 minutes though, so it could have been worse. The frustrating thing is that 3 of their goals were from outside the box. What am I supposed to do about that? Ah well, 3-0 or 4-1 will do the job at Anfield. Haven't made it past the QF yet, would like to get there but maybe next season is more realistic.

he had a 2.5mil release clause in my save. Bit of a bargain for that price couldnt resist.

My CL group is touch and go. I had 7 points from the first 3 matches but a 5-1 away humbling to Athletico where former red Lucas scored aswell has made it interesting. Away to PSG and home to Roma to come. I won my first 7 league matches to but things are starting to unravel a bit having lost 2 of the last 3 where im whincing at every corner conceded.

After going undefeated through until mid-March we have fallen apart!

Ouch. I just got held 0-0 at Anfield by 20th Notts Forest to end a run of 13 consecutive league wins after a team meeting where I told them they were playing well and they needed to keep going, with positive reactions all round. Not happy. Got the return leg against Barca next.

EDIT: Dominated Barcelona but only won 3-2, so we lost 7-5 on aggregate. Never mind, a week between games to try and win the league.

Lost to Bayern 3-0 away.

2-0 and Henderson went off injured in ET. Dante scores at the death.

DS was also injured in the 6th minute and is now out for 3 weeks..

8 games left in the league and I'm top. Into the semi finals of the Fa Cup vs Norwich as well

/edit

forgot to say Bayern had 2 penalties ffs. Alonso scored one and Mignolet saved the other. I slammed the officials after the game and I got "The authorities stay silent" ******** :(

Still having success with this one eastley ? Had great success with it on the beta, but haven´t tried it on the full version...

ZwXdwOP.jpg

Just knocked off Man United 4-2 in FA cup.. This was just after a match, did auto pick teams so not exactly my first team.

Depay and Coutinho usually takes left wing, Sterling right and Sturridge up front.

Wilshire, Hughes and Gerrard are my usual centers with Ward-Prowse rotating if Gerrard is tired.

Moreno, Sakho, Balanta and Danilo are my usual back 4.

Instructions:

Work ball into box.

Run at Defence

Push Higher Up

Higher Tempo.

Woof! Just beat Utd 2-1 at Old Trafford to jump above them. I have 66 from 31, they have 65. Arsenal have 63 from 30. No-one else is in contention. A very close game - 50/50 possession, they had 15 shots, 2 CCCs; I had 14 shots, 3 CCCs.

My next game is Arsenal at home, then Everton at Goodison. After that it's 5 games that I should realistically win. I now have 13 wins and 2 draws in my last 15 league games. This would be an amazing title win, given how far off we were in December.

United's league schedule isn't as tough as mine; they have Chelsea at home next, and 4th-placed Newcastle away later one, but they also still have Champions League and FA Cup games to play.

Arsenal have to come to us, host Spurs, play Newcastle and Chelsea, as well as two games against Barcelona.

Ah... In my haste to come and post I didn't check my news following the game. Origi has done his hamstring, he'll miss the rest of my season. He is my top scorer, but he's not head and shoulders above anyone else. Sturridge has been good if patchy, and Rescaldini has got a few goals recently. Sterling, Depay and Lallana have 30 goals between them as well.

Won the league with 4 games remaining.

Signed the spanish rb who is on loan for 5m, can't think of his name atm. Lambert will be leaving. I'm tempted to flog Johnson and make Flanagan my 1st choice.

Do you guys ever sell Sturridge? hes scored about 12 goals in 30 odd games but he keeps getting little injuries keeping him out for 3-4 weeks. I only put him in the first team when his match fitness is 90+ and his condition is 95+ yet it keeps happening.

my game is a bit weird compared to yours... I'm top by 81 points after 35 games. Everton are on 71 points at 2nd place. Spurs and Arsenal are 3rd and 4th on 66 and 65 points. Man Utd are 5th on 64 points and Chelsea are 6th on 61 points. City are 9th on 49 pts :eek:

Agree had the same in my save now im trying a standard 4-4-2 formation

I've only used 4-4-2 with a flat back four since FM09 (tweaking instructions only) - the way football should be played!

Won the European Cup in my first season out of sheer fluke (wrote off our chances in the press, parked the bus every match in the knockout stages, etc.), which made up for finishing 6th in the league some 20+ points off the top.

Won the FA Cup in my second season, but finished 4th in the league some 20+ points off the top.

Anyone else struggling in the league using Liverpool despite enjoying success in the cups? In previous FM's it was generally the opposite, whereas now I can do no better than Rafa Benitez.

Please don't tell me the days of the 4-4-2 are dead...

only coming to end of Oct in my first season.

sitting 5th but a bit hit and miss tactically so far. had 2 big wins in the league away to Chelsea and United but then lost to West brom and Palace. Played 8 W5 D1 L2

out of the League cup after losing 4-1 to Burnley!!

CL group is ok. Drew with Schalke and Beat AaB so joing top with Schalke on 4 points with Ath Madrid on 3 points and have them away next

Balotelli is a disaster for me. Still waiting on his first goal. he will defo be sold after this season

Ended up finishing 3rd in 2016/17. Very close run in, but a defeat to Arsenal and draws against Southampton and Everton lost me the title. Utd on 80, Arsenal on 78, we got 77. Good season.

The outstanding memory was 3 games against Chelsea in two weeks - I beat them 1-0 at Stamford Bridge and was then held 0-0 there in the FA Cup QF. Took them back to Anfield and went 1-0 down very early. Sterling gets an injury time goal to go to extra time - Yay! - and Depay scores 2 minutes in extra time. They got two very late goals to win it 3-2. Disappointing. All 3 games were incredibly close.

Squad going into 2017/18:

Keepers

Jan Oblak, Fernando Pacheco

Full-backs

Flanagan, Martin Montoya, Ben Davies, Andrew Robertson

Centre-backs

Steven Caulker, Andre Wisdom, Eder Balanta, Mamadou Sakho

CM

Hendo, Allen, Fabian Delph, Victor Wanyama, Youri Tielemans, Will Hughes

Wingers

Memphis Depay, Guychel Tshimpi (regen), Adam Lallana, Jack Grealish

Shadows Striker

Sterling, Dele Alli

Strikers

Origi, Sturridge, Ezequiel Rescaldini

I also have Can (out for 9 months), Sinclair and 6 or 7 3.5*+ regens in reserve. I was hoping to move Delph and Lallana on because their contracts are up at the end of the season but here were no takers. Sakho and Pacheco are waiting for bids to come in because I told them they could go if we got good offers, but nothing yet.

What kind of wages do you guys give Gerrard to renew his contract (from game start)?

He was looking £160,000 a week, plus some ludicrous bonuses and add-ons, but I'm not paying that to anyone, club legend or otherwise. He can jog on, I'll find a replacement if needs be.

What kind of wages do you guys give Gerrard to renew his contract (from game start)?

He was looking £160,000 a week, plus some ludicrous bonuses and add-ons, but I'm not paying that to anyone, club legend or otherwise. He can jog on, I'll find a replacement if needs be.

I waited until October to renew and have it at £120k now. so saved £20k from my wage bill and will try and get him on a coaching contract in my second season

I wait until June. Halved his wages that way.

Game can be so annoying

Won 4 PL games and a big CL group game in a row to put myself top of the PL and back in pole for getting out of my group

Then I lose the next 2. Lost to schalke 5-3 (balo hat trick, first ever LFC goals for me) joe Allen gets sent off after begging for games and will probably cost me getting out of the group. Schalke are top on 10 points, ath Madrid are on 9 and we have 7. They play each other in the last game so I must win and hope Madrid don't get a win

After that disaster I give another guy a chance in the next game, lallana who has a mare and we lose at home to QPR 1-0 with only 1 shot against us!!!

I'm goi g to try my best to sell Allen, lallana and balotelli in jan. Also Alex Sandro has been terrible for me but I'll give him the full season

I found a trick at start of game i dont know how to put spoiler tag for those who dont want to see it

first day in I move the transfer budget to the left most available 31 mil pounds then after that I quickly beg for more sometimes the board gives me 51 mill instead then I go speak to the director ( the welcome to club interview ) and say im unhappy about my transfer budget you could get up to 75 mil pounds for the first window. on top of the 100 percent return to selling players you could make a new team

I rarely ever start with a top flight team but after Liverpools abysmal start to the season I thought I'd give it a crack.

16 games in to first season and top by a point with United 2nd.

Signed;

Berahino

Hughes (Loan back to Derby)

Nkoulou

Balanta

Sold;

Borini

Johnson (16million Tottenham)

Currently playing 4-2-3-1

Constantly having to deal with injured strikers though, currently playing Sinclair upfront with Sturridge, Lambert, Balotelli and Berahino all out.

Anyone had much luck with Lambert? Also has anyone noticed Gerrards poor fitness?

On tablet so cant post pic, but form continued to be awful from mid-March and ended up losing the title on goal difference with a 2-2 draw with Norwich on the last day of the season. Lost the season on draws really P38 W23 D12 L3. Went on to beat ManU in the FA Cup though which softened the blow a little.

My academy catagory just dropped from 1 to 2, any idea how to make it catagory 1 again?

Go to boardroom and make sure you have the recommended number of u21 and u18 staff. Will probably have to wait a season for it to be rated back up though.

funds? On my first win of pl and cl i got around 50 million for the second season transfer window and i know that the fund relate on how much you used up the year before and the money you won with

All the players i bought the first season was straight cash, nothing paid over months. And i was below my wage budget. Bought players for 51m and sold for 40m.

All the players i bought the first season was straight cash, nothing paid over months. And i was below my wage budget. Bought players for 51m and sold for 40m.

you still might of ended the season with a large negative bank balance. funds are decided on how much you have in the bank as well.

you should try moving some of the wages balance to your transfer budget and then ask for more wages. this usually works

you still might of ended the season with a large negative bank balance. funds are decided on how much you have in the bank as well.

you should try moving some of the wages balance to your transfer budget and then ask for more wages. this usually works

Found out that i had a large wage budget, changed that and now i have 72m to buy new players.

Archived