dafuge's FM15 challenge

Your success is literally almost ridiculous, Dafuge. 30 straight BPL's, and I count 23 straight ECL's!

I've tried to get started a few times, but keep returning to my Ultimate Manager save. I will tell you though, that your success in this save is truly awe-inspiring.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FC United – Premier League 2028/29 – Season 14

So with the Challenge Complete last season to goal this season was to enjoy ourselves, though it seems the board weren't best pleased with us missing out on the title last season as they demanded the title this season, with the bookies making us favourites and the media predicting a 1st place finish.

Transfers - Quiet season as I brought in two 15yo English Midfielders with World Class Potential, whilst two unhappy squad players departed.

Community Shield - We became the first ingame side to retain the Shield with a comfortable win over Arsenal thanks to a brace from my Scotish Winger Walker

Super Cup - We quickly claimed our second piece of silverware this season with a comfortable win over Lyon to claim our second Super Cup Trophy

Club World Cup - We made our debut in the Semi-Final and should have won by more after dominating the match against Chivas. In the Final I expected a close game against Uruguayans Penarol considering all of my Strikers were injured so Walker was moved up front, however I didn't need to worry as we thrashed them to claim our first Club World Cup Trophy and official become the best team in the World :)

League Cup - We rode our luck again this season after thrashing League Two Bristol City, we narrowly beat Championship Cardiff before needing pens to knockout Sunderland and then thankfully brushed past Leicester in the Semi-Final to set up a Final with fierce rivals City with only one goal between us in our head-to-head record in 21 games we'd both won nine and drawn the other three, with us scoring 31 goals to Citys 30.

However the Final was a one sided affair as City fielded a second string and we easily blew past them, with Verschueren heading home from a Diego corner after 10 mins, then just after half-time Walker doubled our lead after being the first to react after a free-kick came back off the post before Diego made it three with a tap in after some good work down the right by Morris and Sousa and meant we again become the only in game side to retain the League Cup.

FA Cup - Straight forward route to the final this season beating a Leyton Orient side who were bottom of the Football League, before beating City 1-0 largely thanks to a fine performance from my Keeper James, in the next Round two early goals from Centre Midfielders were enough to knock out Utd, and then thrashed a Sunderland side who were more interested in kicking us off the pitch, this set up another Semi-Final agasinst Leicester but this time some slack defending nearly cost us and in the end it took an overhead kick from my Belgian Striker Dufour to settle the tie

[video=youtube_share;jBEOojk-KLc]

In the Final we faced a Watford side who'd beaten Chelsea on pens in the Semi-Final, and in the first half we had a shocker, Centre-Back Verschueren got himself sent off for a two footed lunge before we'd even played 20 mins, and we then found ourselves 2-0 down at half-time after conceeding two soft goals, thankfully two goals in a minute from Striker Dufour drew us level, but having lost both Walker and Diego to injuries we couldn't find a winner in normal time or extra-time which meant the game went to penalties and an epic shootout comenced with literally everyone on the pitch scoring their pen and it wasn't until the second time around when Watfords Brazilian Wendell struck the post allowing my French Defender Nicolle to score the winning penalty to claim our fourth FA Cup Trophy a new ingame record beating the three that both Spurs and Utd have won.

Champions League Group Stage - As holders were the fifth favourites and walked our group winning our first four games to qualify top, with a draw in Denmark with a team of academy kids our only dropped points.

Champions League Knockout Stages - The Knockout Round didn't start well as we lost in Spain to Atletico and then in the Second Leg needed a goal in extra-time from Academy Attacker Hartley with us down to 10 men to scrape through.

In the Quarter Final we were 3-0 up against Napoli within 20 mins, but switched off in the second half and allowed them back into the tie with two away goals, and the Second Leg in Italy didn't start well as we went a goal down but came back straight away thanks to a Napoli defenders tackle only resulting in turning the ball into his own net, Dufour then cancelled out their away goals with a tapin just before half-time. And whilst we gave away a pen on the hour a late goal from Manzo killed the tie off.

In the Semi-Final we faced Juventus and claimed a safe 2-0 First Leg win thanks to goals either side of half-time from my Portuguese Winger Sousa. In the Second Leg we didn't mess around with two early goals from Mesut Aycicek putting us in command of the tie.

In the Final we faced Real Madrid who'd beaten City in the last round on away goals and history wasn't on our side having failed to beat them in any of our four previous encounters - losing twice in the group stage and drawing the two knockout ties back in 24/25 though we did win the knockout tie on away goals if that counts. I also had injury problems with Striker Diego and Winger Sousa both missing out due to injury, but thankfully Left Back Lattes was finally back after breaking his leg in December, the final was also being held at Madrids ground.

In the Final we got off to a bad start falling behind as Madrid caught us on the counter, however not long after we equalised after Dufour was brought down in the area and Walker calmly scored the resulting pen and then on the stroke of half-time we had the chance to take the lead with Dufour again being brought down in the area but this time Walker's penalty was saved and he then hit the post on the rebound. In the second half we started to take control of the match and eventually took the lead with Dufour getting on the end of a loose ball to score a tap in and he then made things safe late on with his 100th goal for the club as we retained the Champions League :)

Videos showing goals from each of the finals this season can be found on my

as it seems we can now only embed one video per post.

Premier League - We walked the league this season as we won every competition possible :cool: - We won our first six games (a club record 16 in all competitions) including wins over Arsenal and Chelsea, before drawing to Reading and then losing to Utd, with us only dropping points due to both teams kicking my players off the pitch, we then won 11 of our next 13 games only losing away to City and Chelsea due to late goals and again after they'd kicked my Attackers off the pitch.

Elsewhere Millwall were the latest unfancied side to gain promotion to the Premier League after getting a tycoon takeover joining the likes of Rochdale and Walsall. Whilst both City and Arsenal had shocking seasons, which cost the Arsenal manager his job after nearly 10 years at the club.

Squad

Commanding Keeper Kris James had another solid season, and thankfuly I got him on a new contract with no release fee.

At Right Back Welsh Academy Graduate Alex Morris had another fine season, though he is being pushed hard by Wonderkid Jason Heister.

At Left Back Argentine Ricardo Lattes started the season well but missed the second half after breaking his leg, this meant that Heister switched over to Left Back, though my Academy Youngster Shane Ward stepped up with some fine performances and may have got himself promoted to second choice.

At Centre Back Stronng French Centre-Back Vincent Nicolle had another fine season as did Belgian Sebastien Verschueren until he decided he wanted a longer break over summer and picked up two red cards for two footed challenges at the end of the season which has given him a four match ban for next season. Providing cover was my Academy Centre-Back Michael Ellison who is developing nicely and we'll see if he can take advantage of Verschuerens absence next season.

In the DM position Argentine Cultured Defensive Midfielder Rodrigo Troncoso had a solid season, with Benjamin Browne providing cover.

In the Centre of Midfielde Cultured Turk Mesut Aycicek was on fire as he rediscovered his scoring touch and somehow ended with the most goals and most assists this season, he was also named Best Player in Europe, English Footballer of the Year and UCL Best Player. Partnering him in theory was Mexican Ricardo Manzo however he missed most of the season through injury, though he did finally win CONCACAF Player of the Year, which meant fellow Mexican Isidro Campos and Chilean Alex Perez fought to see who could take his place with Campos stepping up his game, the other option I had was my new English signing Steve O'Donnell who put in some impressive performances despite his tender age but he is a few years away from being a first teamer yet.

On the Right Wing Portuguese Wonderkid Filipe Sousa had an excellent season as he stepped up his game, providing cover was another one of my Academy players Welsh Winger Luke Bonner who was given a chance when injuries hit and put in some fine performances until he started moaning about wanting more first team football.

On the Left Wing was Scot Colin Walker who had his best season yet winning Player of the Year and was unlucky to be overshadowed by Mesut Aycicek as he was in excellent form scoring goals for fun, though half his goals were pens. Though it was a poor season for Brazilian Winger Paulo Jose as despite being fit this season he just couldn't displace Walker and will be on his way out after more moaning, he'd also lost his place on the bench to my Academy Attacker Ashley Hartley who finished the season with some strong performances on the left.

Upfront German Striker Diego had a solid season, though he didn't quite hit the heights of the last couple of seasons mainly because he kept on picking up little injuries that soon added up, providing cover was Belgian Jean-Charles Dufour who also did well even called upon but also missed a large chunk of the season through injury as the game felt it would be fun to just constantly injury whoever was playing upfront as even my Colombian Wonderkid Wilfredo Ruiz struggled with injuries.

Though of course with all of these injuries the race to become my topscorer was dragged out longer than expected at the start of the season Ruairi Croskery was still our all-time leading goalscorer with 59 league goals, but right behind him was Dufour with 55 goals, then Diego with 50 goals.

Diego started the season on fire scoring four goals in five games (54 goals) before getting injured, this gave Dufour a chance to get the record as he grabbed three goals in three games (58 goals) before he too got injured, in December Diego returned and grabbed two more goals (56 goals) before getting injured again, we then had to wait nearly two months for either of them to return from injury, however in the meantime Walker came out of nowhere to enter the running as he was scoring goals for fun this season having scored 11 by the end of January putting him on 51 (or 46 goals - his history seems to be messed up due to me loaning and then signing him in the same season, which means the records part of the game gives him five goals that don't appear in his history).

Coming into Feb both Diego and Dufour were returning from injury and needed matches to get their match fitness back and with more important cup games coming up they rotated, and they both scored on their return however Diego also missed a penalty putting Diego on 57 and Dufour level with Croskery on 59, Diego then scored against his former club Leicester to give him 58, but in the next game with Diego rested for the forthcoming League Cup Final Dufour grabbed the Record Goal with an injury time goal against Rochdale, though Diego did finally catch him in his next league game where he scored twice in a defeat to Liverpool to also reach 60 goals, but then the goals dried up as neither of them scored in the next five league games they played until the final day of the season when Diego took the record with two goals to give him 62 league goals in just 90 games, compared to 60 in 130 for Dufour and 59 in 108 for Croskery, though cost wise Dufour has cost me £200K per goal and Diego has cost £440K.

Best XI - No idea what happened to Troncoso despite playing over 40 matches he seems to have been snubbed?

Premier Team Year - James, Verschueren and Aycicek all make the team with Walker unlucky to only make the bench, DC Nicolle left out dispite playing one more game than Verschueren and having a slightly higher rating, whilst Troncoso was the only other player with enough appearances but plays in the wrong position.

UCL Dream Team - Nicolle, Aycicek and Campos all make the team, with Walker and Sousa both unlucky to miss out.

World Team - Midfielders Aycicek and Manzo are the only players to make the team.

My Academy also produced some good looking players this season with Right Back John Hopkins initialy rated the best, though at the end of the season Brazilian Thiago who came from my Brazilian Feeder is now reckoned to have World Class Potential :cool: the other two players of note were Midfielder Martin Reed and Spanish Defender Antonio Caballero who seemed to be a random arrival as I don't have any Spanish feeder clubs - My German and French feeders haven't produced anyone so far, whilst my three Italian feeders produce a couple of players a season but no one of note so far.

Finances - We are finally making money now we don't need it, a good part of this is due to the fact that I'm not really signing players. Though that is in part due to the fact that we have hit the wage cap - once your wages hit £60m for the season you can only increase them by £4m each season (which is ~£75K p/w) plus some vague undefined increase in revenues, which basically meant once I'd given my players new contracts we had gone past the cap, and we failed the regulations thankfully it's only a fine which was £0? It's also silly that despite making a profit of £222m under the general regulations and having a bank balance of ~£100m we still failed FFP.

Worldwide Hall of Fame - Winning the Club World Cup finally saw me enter the Worldwide Hall of Fame, though there is a long way to the top, though I did become the best English Manager of all-time :cool: and are right behind Wenger in the list for England.

England

With the challenge complete I also took the England job at the start of the season, with the National team in a mixed position - we have a strong first XI but next to no cover, with squad options being mainly 34 year old real players. With Right Wing being a problem a 34yo Sterling is our best Right Winger, the second best option is my academy player Simpson who I sold to Sunderland a couple of years back and he's doing ok if not great for them.

Euro 2028 - Despite the holes in the team we manage to win Englands first ever European Championship, after having made it through the group stage with ease we needed an injury goal to beat Scotland and pens to beat Holland in the Semi-Final before beating Russia again in the Final.

Nations League - We found ourselves in Division B and reclaimed promotion back to the top division thanks to Belgium failing to beat Albania in the final game.

Homegrown Status

(15-21 excluding yth academy players)

Club Grown: 23

Nation Grown: 2

Club Due: 11

Nationalities

(excluding yth academy players)

21 ENG

3 MEX, WAL

2 ARG, BEL, BRA, GER

1 CHI, COL, ESP, FRA, POR, SRB, TUR

Academy Players

On Pro Contracts: 17

With League Start: 10

League Starts (Percentage): 65 / 418 (16%)

Leaderboard points (FM Mode) (My Steam Username is same as here if anyone wants to add me)

(points / position)

Single Game: 12,949,617 (28,067)

Single Season: 3,230,588 (2,761)

Single Season in England: 2,653,497 (19,002)

Single Season Premier League: 2,653,497 (18,830)

Single Season Championship: 1,617,187 (363)

Single Season Conference North: 427,741 (745)

Career Overview

[TABLE=class: cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_ cms_table_ cms_table_cms_table_ cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_ cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_ cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_MsoTableLi ghtShading cms_table_m, align: center]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Season[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]League[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Position[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Achievements (Domestic)[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Achievements

(Europe)[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Leaderboard Points

(Season / Game)

[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Euro C/E

(Place)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]15/16[/TD]

[TD]Conference North[/TD]

[TD]7th[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]13,793 / 13,793[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]16/17[/TD]

[TD]1st[/TD]

[TD]Winners - Promoted!!![/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]427,741 / 441,534[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]17/18[/TD]

[TD]Conference[/TD]

[TD]1st[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]617,814 / 1,059,348[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]18/19[/TD]

[TD]League Two[/TD]

[TD]4th[/TD]

[TD]Playoff Winners - Promoted!!![/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]61,136 / 1,120,484[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]19/20[/TD]

[TD]League One[/TD]

[TD]1st[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]758,596 / 1,879,080[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]20/21[/TD]

[TD]Championship[/TD]

[TD]17th[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]117,333 / 1,996,413[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]21/22[/TD]

[TD]Championship[/TD]

[TD]1st[/TD]

[TD]Winners - Promoted + FA Cup Winners!!![/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]1,617,187 / 3,613,600[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]22/23[/TD]

[TD]Premier League[/TD]

[TD]5th[/TD]

[TD]League Cup Winners!!![/TD]

[TD]Europa League 1st Knockout Round[/TD]

[TD]744,061 / 4,357,661[/TD]

[TD]0 (-)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]23/24[/TD]

[TD]Premier League[/TD]

[TD]4th[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]Europa League Winners!!![/TD]

[TD]901,656 / 5,259,317[/TD]

[TD]31.159 (71st)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]24/25[/TD]

[TD]Premier League[/TD]

[TD]5th[/TD]

[TD]FA Cup Winners[/TD]

[TD]Champions League Semi-Final[/TD]

[TD]854,427 / 6,113,744[/TD]

[TD]53.937 (37th)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]25/26[/TD]

[TD]Premier League[/TD]

[TD]4th[/TD]

[TD]Community Shield Winners[/TD]

[TD]Europa League Winners[/TD]

[TD]844,693 / 6,958,437[/TD]

[TD]78.909 (28th)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]26/27

[/TD]

[TD]Premier League

[/TD]

[TD]1st

[/TD]

[TD]Champions of England!!!

[/TD]

[TD]Super Cup Winners / UCL QF

[/TD]

[TD]1,059,009 / 8,017,446

[/TD]

[TD]100.367 (19th)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]27/28[/TD]

[TD]Premier League[/TD]

[TD]3rd[/TD]

[TD]Community Shield, League Cup

and FA Cup Winners !!![/TD]

[TD]Champions League Winners!!![/TD]

[TD]1,677,083 / 9,694,529[/TD]

[TD]125.142 (9th)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]27/28

[/TD]

[TD]!!!

[/TD]

[TD]!!!

[/TD]

[TD]CHALLENGE COMPLETE

[/TD]

[TD]!!!

[/TD]

[TD]!!!

[/TD]

[TD]!!![/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]28/29

[/TD]

[TD]Premier League[/TD]

[TD]1st[/TD]

[TD]Community Shield, League Cup & FA Cup Winners[/TD]

[TD]Champions League, Club World Cup & Super Cup Winners[/TD]

[TD]3,230,588 / 12,949,617[/TD]

[TD]148.599 (4th)[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Congrats on the clean sweep!!

Do you have a copy of the save you could upload where Millwall got a tycoon takeover?

Thanks

Here you go: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=DD1AF87215B768FB!343&authkey=!AJrFEBNInYWmHCk&ithint=folder%2cfm

It's about a year after they got taken over and at the start of the season when they have just won promotion to the prem.

Canvey Island - Barclays Premier League - 2063/64

We are still spending big, making the most of our tycoon owner.

League Table - this set a new goals scored record and equalled our points total.

Community Shield - fairly one sided.

UEFA Super Cup - very one sided.

FIFA Club World Cup - we got Frimpong'd.

Capital One Cup - Chelsea ran us close, but we went on to lift the trophy.

FA Cup - this was a nice final for me.

UEFA Champions League - Dortmund handed us our only defeat of the season.

Transfers - the legend was sold.

Squad - I've got a few transfers in mind, but the squad is superb.

Finances - maybe self sufficient?

Key Player Profiles:

Darió Linares - top scorer.

Christian Alegre - superb as the supporting striker.

Juan Pablo Vázquez - signed as a backup, could replace Linares.

Ziya Ozen - made a great case to sell Plata.

Hélder - our most valuable player.

Career Overview

Season    League                       Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16   Vanarama Conference South    9th       
2016/17   Vanarama Conference South    1st         Promoted as champions
2017/18   Vanarama Conference Premier  20th        FA Trophy finalists
2018/19   Vanarama Conference Premier  13th        FA Trophy finalists
2019/20   Vanarama Conference Premier  1st         Promoted as champions
2020/21   Sky Bet League 2             2nd         Promoted
2021/22   Sky Bet League 1             2nd         Promoted
2022/23   Sky Bet Championship         10th        
2023/24   Sky Bet Championship         1st         Promoted as champions 
2024/25   Barclays Premier League      8th         
2025/26   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup winners
2026/27   Barclays Premier League      1st         FA Cup winners
2027/28   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2028/29   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC and FA Cup winners
2029/30   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC winners, FA Cup and Champions League finalists
2031/32   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2032/33   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2033/34   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2034/35   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC and Champions League winners
2035/36   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC winners and FA Cup finalists
2036/37   Barclays Premier League      1st         Champions League finalists
2037/38   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2038/39   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2039/40   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC and League Cup winners
2040/41   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2041/42   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2042/43   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC and Champions League winners
2043/44   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2044/45   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2045/46   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, FA Cup and Champions League winners, League Cup finalists
2046/47   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2047/48   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2048/49   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2049/50   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2050/51   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2051/52   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2052/53   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2053/54   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2054/55   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2055/56   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2056/57   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2057/58   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2058/59   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2059/60   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2060/61   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2061/62   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2062/63   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC and Champions League winners
2063/64   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners

Next Season

This was our first clean sweep for a few years, so the timing is great to make a few changes to the squad. 6 more years until a new stadium, can we make it with the current owner?

Bognorregistownfc.png

Bognor Regis Town - 2015/16

A great season that puts us in what I hope is a good position for next year. And I hope you don't mind dafuge, but your layout is lovely so I couldn't resist using it.

Vanarama Conference South - Excellent run, but we were outplayed in the playoff finals and lost 2-1 to Boreham Wood.

FA Trophy - Highlight of this competition was knocking out VC side Barnet in the second round. We eventually lost in the third round to H&W.

FA Cup - Did better that expected, but were pretty unlucky not to face a team in a lower league.

Transfers - All the transfers out were before I came, but a few free transfers and a loan signing helped in our postseason run.

Squad - I'm going to try to clear out most of the side and use the free transfer market to get some elite VCS players.

Finances - Not looking great, I'm still trying to get a parent club and I play as many preseason friendlies as possible.

Key Player Profiles:

Adam Francis - Avg'd a 7.00 rating with 19 goals and 13 assists in 50 app.

Sam Rents - My new LB avg'd a 7.04 rating and also appeared in 50 matches.

Scott Shutton - My best player easily; scored 14, assisted 11, avg'd a 7.34 rating from the CM position.

Ollie Pearce - Scored 17, avg'd a 6.97.

Career Overview

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16   Vanarama Conference South    4th         Lost in playoff finals       

Bognorregistownfc.png

Bognor Regis Town - 2016/17

We were blowing through the league and sat in first place by January until everything fell apart and we would outshoot teams 15-2 and lose 0-1 (I had one game where the clear cut chances were 6-1 and I lost 0-1!!!). We struggled to stay in the first position and an 8-0 loss away to Weymouth in the 2nd to last game of the season eventually put us in a bad position for the title that we lost on the last day of the season (even though we won that game). Luckily, I managed to win the playoffs undefeated to gain promotion.

Vanarama Conference South - I think everything has been said about the league :).

FA Trophy - Not a very good showing as we lost in the 3rd qualifying round.

FA Cup - We actually made it past the qualifying and lost in the first round to Tranmere in a close game.

Transfers - A huge squad overhaul strengthened the team well, and I think another one is due for next year. I'm really having trouble finding more than a handful of players; Any tips/help from others would be very much appreciated in how they scout players and sift through free agents in general.

Squad - Like I said, I might look to get rid of a few substandard players and replace them as a have about £2k wage budget available (I can't find players to fill it with)

Finances - Looking better than last year and I'm actually quite proud of keeping the team relatively financially stable.

Key Player Profiles:

Adam Francis - Avg'd a 7.05 rating with 23 goals and 12 assists in 50 app.

David Williams - Didn't expect him to do this well, but was 1st in goals, 2nd in avg rating, 3rd in assists, and 1st in PoMs in the league.

Scott Shutton - Didn't do as well as last year, but was still a staple in the midfield.

Luigi Hernandez - The new signing to bolster the defense avg'd a 7 rating (he's from the Cayman Islands btw).

Career Overview

2016/17   Vanarama Conference South    2nd         Won in playoff finals  

FC_United.png

FC United of Manchester - League Two - 2020/2021

Did a bit better but we had too many underperforming players and injuries for a promotion push.

League Table - If only we had a better defense and injuries were close to none, we could've been in the playoff hunt. De ja vu yes??

FA Cup - Knocked out in the first round....again

J. Paint Trophy - Well...we did much worse. Great :D

Capital One Cup - Nothing to see here. Bad draw and we were quicky sent home packing. De ja vu, I know.

Transfers- Sold two players for ACTUAL MONEY. I never even played them. Funded all the ins and then some for that season.

Squad -Still a young squad...and a very unhappy one

Finances - A little better but a cash injection would help.

Key Player Profiles:

Cameron Brannegan - Still here.

Shane Doyle - Top goalscorer.

Sergi Canos - Still here

George Mells - He has arrived. Austrailian International.

Connor Hunt - New starting goalie. He was here last here but he didn't start until now

Nathan Oduwa - Solid striker

Sindri Scheving - Our new Luke Watson. Took him a bit to get the PPM trained but it was worth it.

Jordan Williams - He's back.

Kenny Thomson - Solid center back

Shane Shaw - The new Luke Shaw...nah, hes ok :D

Sean Day - New Gareth Bale

Career Overview

2015/16   Vanarama Conference North    3rd          Promoted - Playoff Final Win    
2016/17   Vanarama Conference Premier  16th
2017/18   Vanarama Conference Premier  14th
2018/19   Vanarama Conference Premier  2nd         Promoted - Playoff Final Win 
2019/20   League 2                     20th
2020/21   League 2                     16th

Next Season

Can't do anything to the facilities. I did improve youth recruitment. My parent club ties has been cut by my chairman...and they cannot find me a new one. Oh well...

Canvey Island - Barclays Premier League - 2064/65

Following on from possibly our best season ever, it was time refresh the squad and move on some of the older key players.

League Table - the highlight was Chelsea getting relegated.

Community Shield - we needed penalties to settle an even match.

UEFA Super Cup - we took our time in taking our chances.

FIFA Club World Cup - the usual win over the South Americans.

Capital One Cup - no problems, although Man City pushed us close.

FA Cup - another cup win, with just York taking us to a replay.

UEFA Champions League - we didn't start too well but soon hit top form.

Transfers - a very busy year for transfers as seven first team members were sold in favour of youngsters.

Squad - we have a really young squad now, so they can only get better.

Finances - sponsorship hides huge losses due to contract renewals.

Key Player Profiles:

Darió Linares - top scorer again.

Juan Pablo Vázquez - a brilliant supporting striker, but missed 3 months injured.

Jan Sedlacek - my scouts raved about this youngster, they weren't wrong. He could be something special.

Ziya Ozen - has filled Plata's boots very quickly.

Hélder - the transfer fee was excessive, but he's still pretty good.

Career Overview

2027/28   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2029/30   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC winners, FA Cup and Champions League finalists
2031/32   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2032/33   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2033/34   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2034/35   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC and Champions League winners
2035/36   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC winners and FA Cup finalists
2037/38   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2038/39   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2040/41   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2041/42   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2042/43   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC and Champions League winners
2043/44   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2044/45   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2045/46   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, FA Cup and Champions League winners, League Cup finalists
2046/47   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2047/48   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2048/49   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2049/50   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2050/51   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2051/52   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2052/53   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2053/54   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2054/55   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2055/56   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2056/57   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2057/58   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2058/59   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2059/60   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2060/61   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2061/62   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2062/63   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC and Champions League winners
2063/64   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2064/65   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners

Next Season

There's not much more I can do to improve the squad, so next season will be all about making sure the younger players get game time.

Bognorregistownfc.png

Bognor Regis Town - 2017/18

Vanarama Conference - We had spells of losses and spells of wins. All in all, we could have finished from 2nd-24th if some of those losses were wins or vice versa.

FA Trophy - This match was right in the middle of one of our losing spells.

FA Cup - Newport won promotion to League 2, so overcoming them would have been a challenge.

Transfers - Lots of new faces coming in (including a few loanees for squad depth reasons). My problem now is the clubs reputation isn't good enough to attract more than "decent" Conference rated players. Most of the team was rated as "decent" Vanarama N/S players!

Squad - If I can manage to get any good players to come to the club, I'd be very excited.

Finances - Finances are surprisingly stable for a team of this level, we never drop below 100k in debt.

Key Player Profiles:

Adam Francis - 19 goals and 13 assists for a team such as ours is insane.

Josh Warren - A rock in the back and really tried to hold the team together defensively.

Anthony Lewis - Brought in after Tottenham didn't renew his contract, Lewis was responsible for singlehandedly earning us about 3 or 4 wins.

Career Overview

2017/18   Vanarama Conference          16th       

Recently came across this challenge so thought I would give it a go. Already done my first season and have started into the second season, so I will give an update on season 1 without as many screenshots as I would have liked to add. In future, updates will be more detailed. :p

BlythSpartans.png

Blyth Spartans - 2015/16

Vanarama Conference North

League

Expectation: Be Competitive

League Position: 9th

We started off poorly with only 4 wins in the opening 16 games. We were drawing too many, keeping us floating between mid table and the relegation zone. My main aim was simply to consolidate my league position so this was fine as long as we didn't slump to relegation form.

Around November, my form improved. I managed to bring in a few new players that really strengthened the side. We started to climb the table slowly and were helped to 9th place with an 8 game unbeaten run towards the end of the season. At one point a play off place looked on the cards, but it wasn't to be and we had to settle for a respectable finish in our first season.

Cups

FA Cup: 4th Qualifying Round

FA Trophy: 1st Round

In the FA Cup, we beat Loughborough and King's Lynn in the second and third qualifying rounds respectively. The 4th qualifying round proved too much as we were beaten 5-3 in a thrilling game away to Lincoln City, who were in the league above ourselves.

In the FA Trophy, we made it into the first round proper only to be knocked out in another thrilling 5-3 defeat away to Halifax Town. Slightly disappointing.

Season Highlights

Probably the best comeback I've ever had away to eventual league winners Alfreton Town. We were 3-0 down before THIS happened. Fair to say, I was buzzing with this result and it really kickstarted an unbeaten run that pushed us up the table.

Other highlights include the performances of some of my new additions towards the end of the season.

For the next update I will include notable players, transfers, squad etc.

Next Season

What is noticeable from this season is that we've scored a lot of goals (the 3rd most in the league with 72), however we've also condeded our fair share. I will aim to improve the defence a bit, whether this being from new transfers or a change in tactics.

I hope to target a play off spot next season and I'm quite confident I can achieve this as long as I can keep the core of my current team together, add a few new faces here and there and keep the end of season form going into the new season.

Career Overview

2015/16   Vanarama Conference North     9th         

Bognorregistownfc.png

Bognor Regis Town - 2018/19

Vanarama Conference - A really good start to the season saw us joint leaders with Luton in January. But as the season progressed, we dropped down to 4th and wound up winning in the playoffs.

FA Trophy - Terrible time in the FA Trophy as we were shocked a Dorchester team that was two leagues below us.

FA Cup - Got really lucky with the draw and actually made it to the 3rd round where we were displaced easily at Everton. That game did see us move into the black in terms of finances which is good.

Transfers - A few new players. It's really hard to find players that want to sign for us, but we should have an easier time next year because our club is now professional.

Squad - Big overhaul will be needed because most of our players are at the VCN/VCS level.

Finances - Finances are looking really good now that we had that game vs Everton. The board is expanding the stadium however, so that might drain finances a bit.

Key Player Profiles:

Dean Inman - A really solid season for our new CB with an avg rating of 7.04.

Josh Warren - The real reason why we won promotion was in our defense as Warren also managed to break 7 and got a 7.01 avg rating.

Dammy Shitta - Aside from having one of the best names I have ever seen, this lad was a great BBM and averaged a 7.01 rating as well.

Career Overview

2018/19   Vanarama Conference          4th         Won in playoff finals

Dulwich Hamlet - Barclays Premier League - 2041/42

League - a few slips but a huge gap to the competition.

Community Shield - starting well the season.

Capital One Cup - wins all the way.

FA Cup - wins all the way!

UEFA Super Cup - a close match with a close score.

FIFA Club World Cup - easy as in all recent times.

UEFA Champions League - our dream of a clean sweep met the nightmare of 6 woodwork shots.

Squad - some players are aging and need replacements.

Transfers - the refreshing of some players needs to continue.

Finances - immense.

Career overview

Season    Division                    Position   Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16   Vanarama Conference South   6th
2016/17   Vanarama Conference South   8th
2017/18   Vanarama Conference South   16th
2018/19   Vanarama Conference South   7th
2019/20   Vanarama Conference South   1st        Promotion
2020/21   Vanarama Conference         12th
2021/22   Vanarama Conference         5th        Promotion via play-off
2022/23   Sky Bet League 2            4th
2023/24   Sky Bet League 2            2nd        Promotion
2024/25   Sky Bet League 1            2nd        Promotion
2025/26   Sky Bet Championship        1st        Promotion
2026/27   Barclays Premier League     6th
2027/28   Barclays Premier League     6th        League Cup winners
2028/29   Barclays Premier League     3rd        FA Cup winners
2029/30   Barclays Premier League     3rd        FA Cup winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League     10th
2031/32   Barclays Premier League     11th
2032/33   Barclays Premier League     4th
2033/34   Barclays Premier League     4th        League Cup and Champions League winners
2034/35   Barclays Premier League     1st        UEFA Super Cup, Club World Cup, and FA Cup winners
2035/36   Barclays Premier League     1st        League Cup, Community Shield, FA Cup, and Champions League winners
2036/37   Barclays Premier League     1st        League Cup, Community Shield, and Club World Cup winners
2037/38   Barclays Premier League     1st        Champions League and Community Shield winners
2038/39   Barclays Premier League     1st        Community Shield, League Cup, FA Cup, UEFA Super Cup, and Club World Cup winners
2039/40   Barclays Premier League     1st        Community Shield, FA Cup, and Champions League winners
2040/41   Barclays Premier League     1st        Community Shield, UEFA Super Cup, Club World Cup, League Cup, and Champions League winners
2041/42   Barclays Premier League     1st        Community Shield, League Cup, FA Cup, UEFA Super Cup, and Club World Cup winners

Next season

We are yet to do a full clean sweep.

Bognorregistownfc.png

Bognor Regis Town - 2019/20

Sky Bet League 2 - We performed very well in keeping the majority of our games close. I found that most of the games we played in were even stats wise and we had trouble finishing (hence one of my signings). Next year, I think with the right additions we have a squad that can win promotion.

FA Cup - We were very good at winning replays as our first 3 rounds all went to a replay match. Again, we lucked out and faced Man Utd away which gave us £1M.

Capital One Cup - Didn't even know that a preliminary round existed. Regardless, we lost to Luton who actually completed successive promotions by winning League 2.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - We knocked out the League 1 winners in the first round, so that was the highlight of the competition.

Transfers - 2 big signings here was Ben McCarthy on a free and the other was Davy O'Neill for £160k. Next year we actually have a transfer budget of £700k and an available wage budget of £15k so things are looking up (I think it was a result of our new president who isn't afraid to spend money).

Squad - The core of the team is half regens now who all have some decent potential and with our humongous budgets, quality can only go up.

Finances - Finances are looking great after recieving £525k for our league position and £1M for the match vs Man Utd. Currently the pitch is being relaid (I was "terrible" for about 3 years).

Key Player Profiles:

Ben McCarthy - He came in in January, yet still played 25 games and avg'd a 7.18 rating. He has "good championship potential" and is still only 19.

Davy O'Neill - The new record signing came in January to bolster our attack, but unfortunately didn't play at all because of an injury. On the bright side, he is still 16 and has "good premier league potential".

Charlie Walker - Kind of a shock that a backup in the VC would score 25 goals in League 2, but he delivered where no other striker could.

Career Overview

2018/19   Vanarama Conference          4th         Won in playoff finals
2019/20   Sky Bet League 2             21st

FC_United.png

FC United of Manchester - League Two - 2021/2022

We brought Brazil to League Two and won the whole damn thing!!

League Table - We were okay, I guess.

FA Cup - Got a little deeper but lost big time to Chelsea. Oh well, I'll take the money then...

J. Paint Trophy - Well...we did better...

Capital One Cup - Nothing to see here. Bad draw and we were quicky sent home packing. De ja vu, I know.

Transfers- Changed the way we made transfers. Now preferring quality over quantity.

Squad -Still a young squad

Finances - Much Better

Key Player Profiles:

Shane Doyle - Top goalscorer last season. This season...not so much...

Sergi Canos - Still here

George Mells - Still here

Connor Hunt - Still our starting goalie. Wanted to leave at the tailend but I convinced him to stay

Nathan Oduwa - Top Goalscorer

Sindri Scheving - He's still got it...in his hands

Jordan Williams - He's back.

Kenny Thomson - He's back

Anthony Mandeiros - Big, strong CB

Sean Day - New Gareth Bale is still here

Career Overview

2015/16   Vanarama Conference North    3rd          Promoted - Playoff Final Win    
2021/22   League 2                     1st         Promoted - League Win

Next Season

We got promoted...so I want to get promoted again :D

Canvey Island - Barclays Premier League - 2065/66

Last season I had a bit of a clear out, so this season was all about giving the new youngsters some playing time.

League Table - it has been fifteen years since we lost this many.

Community Shield - a close game, but we got the win.

UEFA Super Cup - this one wasn't as close as the scoreline suggested.

FIFA Club World Cup - different opponents, same result.

Capital One Cup - we made a mess of the final.

FA Cup - we started well, but suffered a shock at Championship Ipswich.

UEFA Champions League - just the one loss, but we made up for it in the second leg.

Transfers - just one signing, a defender with bags of potential.

Squad - other than the goalie, my only worry is having too many central defenders.

Finances - a decent profit.

Key Player Profiles:

Jan Sedlacek - the youngster was given the chance to lead the line.

Juan Pablo Vázquez - the reliable supporting striker.

Darió Linares - an horrific injury could mean the end of him.

Robbe Leroy - the coaches don't really rate him, but he's performing well.

Career Overview

2064/65   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2065/66   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC and Champions League winners

Next Season

Hopefully the young squad will hit form next season and we can challenge for every trophy again.

BlythSpartans.png

Blyth Spartans - 2016/17

Summary

League

Board Expectation: Above mid table

Finish: 5th (Lost playoff semi final)

Very inconsistent 2nd season. I started off fairly well, winning 4 out of my first 7 games. Then slumped down the table before a 6 win streak in December/January gave me some momentum. Towards the end of the season this tailed off and I was very lucky to scrape the last playoff place available. I really struggled to get my team playing well consistently.

The playoff semi final was embarrassing as I lost 5-1 on aggregate against Halifax. Hillhouse, scorer of 36 goals in all competitions this season, destroyed me.

FA Cup

Board Expectation: 1st Round

Finish: 2nd Round

A good cup run saw us beat the likes of Lowestoft, Padiham, Banbury and Wealdstone. This was before being beaten comfortably away to Crewe 2-0.

FA Trophy

Board Expectation: 2nd Round

Finish: 3rd Qualifying Round

A poor peformance against Solihull Moors, saw me crash out in the first possible round.

Squad

Transfers

Finances

Notable Players

Greg McDermott - Tough tackling CM had a solid second season, scoring a few from the penalty spot

Ryan Higgins - Good first season for this RB

Dan Maguire - Mr Blyth himself, huge fan favourite and top goalscorer for 2nd season running. This year he bagged 22 goals.

Ryan Scott - Very promising 17 year old CB

Scott McCarthy - Pacey second striker who was on fire until a few injuries. Scored 14 goals, 5 of them came in one game.

Next Season

Bettering this season again would be good progress. A more solid playoff spot is the aim, or if at all possible that 1st position automatic promotion spot. Inconsistency will have to be dealt with and my defence strengthened again, for this to happen.

Another cup run would be welcomed.

Career Overview

2016/17   Vanarama Conference North     5th        Lost in playoff semi final

Bognorregistownfc.png

Bognor Regis Town - 2020/21

Sky Bet League 2 - Outstanding performances as we really took down the league. Although it was a close race at the end, the title was always in our hands. (Luton managed a 3rd straight promotion and will be in the championship now)

FA Cup - Real good performance making it to the 5th round before going out away to Leicester.

Capital One Cup - 3rd round is also very good. We even knocked out Hull away in the 2nd round.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - All 3 games went to penalties, but our penalty taking skills failed us in the south quarter final.

Transfers - Brian O'Callaghan was a bit disappointing for his price, but I'm hoping he can kick on next season. Otherwise, Coppolaro, Rashford, Wild, and Tomori were great signings.

Squad - This strong squad should be able to take down League 1 as it is.

Finances - Looking stable for the foreseeable future.

Key Player Profiles:

(In case anyone noticed the difference, I got new hair packs for regens which explains the different faces)

Ben McCarthy - One of my 2 amazing CB pair.

Mauro Coppolaro - Other amazing CB who avg'd 7.50 in the league.

Wayne Wild - Got him on loan from Arsenal and he did not disappoint.

Marcus Rashford - Even though he pulled and tore his hamstring, he still played an excellent season.

Dammy Shitta - Used him at ST this year and he played very well.

Career Overview

Season    League                       Position     Achievements/Notes
2015/16   Vanarama Conference South    4th          Lost in playoff finals
2016/17   Vanarama Conference South    2nd          Won in playoff finals  
2018/19   Vanarama Conference          4th          Won in playoff finals
2020/21   Sky Bet League 2             1st

BlythSpartans.png

Blyth Spartans - 2017/18

Summary

League

Board Expectation: Above mid table

Finish: 7th

Again stuggled to find any consistency in terms of winning matches. Started off alright, but towards Dec/Jan went on an awful run of results. Then surprisingly towards the end of the season we went on a run of 15 games unbeaten! However, only 6 of these were wins, the rest draws.

Almost made the playoffs but it wasn't to be. Really struggling to compete with some of the bigger teams.

FA Cup

Board Expectation: Reach Fourth Qualifying Round

Finish: Second Qualifying Round

Beaten immediately off Southport in a disappointing performance.

FA Trophy

Board Expectation: 1st Round

Finish: 2nd Round

Best run I've had in this competition, finally being beaten AET in the replay against Hampton & Richmond Borough.

Squad

Slowly building a squad that is good enough to compete at the top

Finances

Not looking good at all!

Notable Players

Scott McCarthy - Another good season for this striker, who despite being injured for a bit managed 18 goals from 25 games.

Ryan Nyambe - New signing who looks solid, averaged 6.99 this season at right back

Jason Talbot - Experienced LB just signed, played 46 games this season averaging 6.90

Dan Maguire - Chipped in with a 14 goals, but the squad is outgrowing him a bit. Will look to keep him as back up as he is loved by the fans

Ed Wilczynski - Club captain for the 2nd season, he's a great GK at this level and has signed a new contract at the club

Next Season

Towards the end of the season, if I could have turned a few of those draws, in my unbeaten run, into wins I would have been right up there. Very close to a playoff spot. Hopefully we can push on again and make the playoffs this year.

Positives are that my defence looked a lot better this season, picking up 16 clean sheets and conceding the 4th least amount of goals.

I've yet to be offered a new contract though for next season!

Career Overview

2016/17   Vanarama Conference North     5th        Lost in playoff semi final
2017/18   Vanarama Conference North     7th

Bognorregistownfc.png

Bognor Regis Town - 2021/22

Sky Bet League 1 - Second straight promotion this time from the playoffs. On to the championship we go.

FA Cup - Losing to Brighton at home was disappointing seeing as we deserved to win that match.

Capital One Cup - Could have made it farther, but we went out to Aston Villa in extra time in the first round.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - Don't know what happened to us as we should have been one of the favorites to win the competition.

Transfers - Ben McCarthy's release clause was met and he was sold for £325k. Coppolaro is also leaving on a free at the end of the season (he wouldn't sign a new deal) and Davy O'Neill wouldn't resign and was approached by a number of premier league clubs with Watford winning out his signature. Alan Simpson was a decent signing and but I'm hoping he can kick on next year because his stats look very good.

Squad - We might need a few signings for championship mediocrity, but I'm just thankful to have the financial fair play not putting a cap on my wage budget.

Finances - Stable as always.

Key Player Profiles:

Alan Simpson - Good first season, but I'm looking to him for much more next year.

Mauro Coppolaro - Brilliant season as always, really sad to see him leave as he was our rock in the back and our defensive record won't be the same without him.

Marcus Rashford - Kept healthy this year and put in a very solid season.

Kevin Woods - Loaned from Arsenal, Woods scored 30 goals in all comps. for us.

Career Overview

2021/22   Sky Bet League 1             5th          Won in playoff finals

after 5 years of trying to get the board replaced, i decided it wasn't gonna happen, so I resigned after about 25 years.

Then, the new coach started ruining my precious Hereford, and so started what i couldn't do. After three seasons the fired him, and I stepped back in.

In three years he got the value down from 1.4 billion to 100 million, and in huge debt. After 6 matches into the new season we can't pay the salaries, and are deducted 9 points.

The chairman still doesn't wanna leave, but I think he has to.

FC United – Premier League 2029/30 – Season 15

So with last seasons clean sweep I was hoping for more domination this season.

Transfers - Only signing was a 16yo German DM with World Class Potential as my academy hasn't produced any DMs worth keeping yet. Leaving the club were several unhappy squad players, disappointed to only get £20m for Jose but it seems his non-eu status put a lot of teams off I also still have to pay him £50K p/w for the next couple of years aswell :( On the plus side I got a club record £30m for Chilean Perez who was sold after wanting £100K p/w wages which he wasn't worth even if we could afford it, though he did somehow manage to get Walsall to pay him nearly £200K p/w. In Jan Academy Winger Bonner was sold for an impressive £6m after he spent the first half of the season moaning about not being first choice, though his Watford career looks like its already over as it appears they didn't play him enough and he wants out already.

Community Shield - We start the season off by retaining the Shield for the third year in a row though we did need a shootout to win it.

European Super Cup - Also went to a shootout but we lost this time :(

Club World Cup - We retained this with ease, first beating Tunisan side Es Tunis and then out playing Brazilians Cruzeiro in the final.

League Cup - We lost to Chelsea in the Semi-Final after just not turning up, in the first leg we gifted them goals by not bothering to defend set-pieces and then in the second leg gifted them another goal with a woeful backpass that killed the tie.

FA Cup - Walsall gave us a fight in the Third Round, but after that it was plain sailing and we got revenge on Chelsea thrashing them 4-0 in the Semi Final.

FA Cup Final - We really should have won this game with ease as we continualy tore them to pieces but just couldn't score, needing a penalty to draw level and then a shootout to win the tie and in the process went a record 19 games unbeaten and became the first side since the 19th century to win three in a row.

Champions League Group Stage - We made this a bit more difficult than it should have been with a win in our last game over Roma securing qualification and top spot.

Champions League Knockout Rounds - In the Knockout Round we brushed past Juventus thanks to a fine win in Italy, and then drew the only other English side left in the Quarter Final and another excellent first leg performance saw us through, with the second leg not as nervy as it looked as our two away goals pretty much killed their chances. In the Semi-Final we face Monaco and a woeful first leg performance meant we needed a result in the return leg and thankfully we thumped them at their own ground to set up a Final against FC Bayern.

Champions League Final - We made it three in a row with a comfortable victory, helped in part by my former player Jefferson getting sent off moaning about the first goal before two second half goals put the tie to bed.

Premier League - We retained the Title but made things harder than it should have been, at the start we played catchup to a free scoring City side who won their first eight games before losing to Rochdale, by the time we caught them up we went off to American for the Club World Cup and returned with two to four games in hand on other sides and it took until Feb for us to finally top the table before we again got more games in hand, eventually with our games caught up we retook the lead however we somewhat bundled our way to to the finish line and a defeat to Chelsea in our second to last game meant we needed a result away to Arsenal on the final day to secure the title where we won 3-0 though afterwards it turned out to be unimportant as Chelsea could only draw 2-2 to Spurs after throwing away a 2-0 lead.

Squad

Another solid season from my World Class Keeper Kris James.

At Right Back my Welsh Academy Graduate Alex Morris had an excellent season and held off the challenge from Wonderkid Jason Heister who I might shift over to left back long term, though that said my Argentine Left Back Ricardo Lattes also had a good season, with another Academy Graduate Shane Ward proving to be a solid backup.

At Centre Back Belgian Sebastien Verschueren had a good enough season though he did have a few poor matches and I might want to look for a better replacement, partnering him was French Strong Centre-Back Vincent Nicolle who also had a bit of a mixed season and more is expected of both of them next season, providing cover was Academy Graduate Michael Ellison who became my latest Academy Wonderkid and had a fine season and if he continues to improve might push Verschueren out of the team.

In the Defensive Midfield role was Cultured Argentine Rodrigo Troncoso who had a solid season in the thankless role, providing cover was Benjamin Browne who struggled to impress this season, though he did get in my England squad purely due to a lack of other options.

In the Centre of Midfield Cultured Turk Mesut Aycicek had a good season but couldn't hit the heights of last season as his shooting let him down this season, partnering him was Mexican Ricardo Manzo however his season again was disrupted by injuries he also spent half his time playing upfront, and may have lost his midfield position to Eden Simon who stepped up this season with some fine performances in the Deep Lying Role. Further cover was provided by another highly rated Englishman Steve O'Donnell who put in some excellent performances despite his tender age.

On the Right Wing was Portuguese Wonderkid Filipe Sousa who had another fine season, down the Left was Scot Colin Walker who had another excellent season and was pushed hard by my Academy Graduate Ashley Hartley who became a Wonderkid for a bit and even grabbed an impressive five assists in one match, however injuries limited his chances.

Upfront Cultured German Striker Diego had a poor season by his standards he started the season well scoring 11 goals in his first nine games but then only managing eight in his 30 other appearances as he just lost any ability in front of goal, though he does still have the most league goals for the club with 75, providing cover was Belgian Jean-Charles Dufour who had a better season this year but spent most of it covering injuries on the wings, my other option upfront was Colombian Wonderkid Wilfredo Ruiz who did well when called upon but also spent most of the season covering injuries on the wing, though the bigger problem with him is he wants silly money to sign a new contract so chances are I'll be cashing in on him.

Best XI - Bit of a shock as Mesut Aycicek only makes the bench as Manzo takes his place with half the amount of appearances.

Overall XI - Troncoso becomes the latest player to become part of our Overall XI, with only Pedro and Leone no longer being at the club, with Manzo and Diego both unlucky to only be on the bench.

Academy - Best of the bunch this season was Italian Raffaele De Fazio who is highly rated though I just need to work out his best position, though of course at the end of the season the board cancelled the feeder club that generated him, they also got rid of my Brazilian feeder that was also producing players :(.

Finances - Ok as prize money agains sees us make a small profit, though most of my transfer sales were done with monthly fees hence the loss of money on transfers this season as the long term money is more important than a one off payment. We also failed the wage cap by £10m this season but still got a fine of zero so I have no idea how that even works?

Facilites - We finally max out our training facilities.

England

Confederations Cup - We start the season off by winning the Confed Cup for the first time, though Sterling retiring afterwards leaves me with a problem to fill down the right wing.

World Cup Qualifers - We qualify with ease becoming the first European side apart from hosts Spain to qualify, only sour point was an opening game draw in Denmark.

World Cup Group Stage - We top our group with ease, with Iran sneaking though in second place. Whilst elsewhere hosts and holders Spain are knocked by Cameroon by what appears to be alphabetical order?

In the Second Round we beat France with ease and blew past Belguim in the Quarter Final, though in the Semi-Final against Argentina we needed some luck and guts from me, despite being on top we fell behind just before half-time and with things looking lost I threw us on Oveload for the last 10 minutes and it paid off as my former Academy player Ian Simpson grabbed a late equaliser reacting first after the Argentina Keeper could only parry a shot back into the area, and then we grabbed a late winner after Argentina had my club Midfielder Troncoso sent off they failed to clear the ball and Man City Striker Bates who got injured in the first game grabbed the winner after being set up by my 17 club Midfielder Steve O'Donnell.

In the Final we faced Brazil and two first half goals from Chelsea Striker Shane Day won us the World Cup :cool: though he was unlucky not to win the golden boot missing out by 10 minutes (he had the same goals as a Argentina Striker who'd been the field 10 minutes less during the competition).

And that is where I think I will leave it for FM2015, as I'm not sure I'll have a chance to get through another season (I might rush through a couple of seasons on commentary only but I actually quite like watching the matches) what with Metal Gear Solid out in a couple of weeks, then we have Fallout4, XCOM2 and then somewhere inbetween all of that is likely to be FM16, and that doesn't include the ton of other games I already have to actually play.

Homegrown Status

(15-21 excluding yth academy players)

Club Grown: 27

Nation Grown: 4

Club Due: 14

Nationalities

(excluding yth academy players)

24 ENG

3 GER

2 ARG, BEL, BRA, MEX, WAL

1 COL, ESP, FRA, ITA, POR, SCO, SRB, TUR

Academy Players

On Pro Contracts: 19

With League Start: 11

League Starts (Percentage): 80 / 418 (19%) + 3% on last season

Leaderboard points (FM Mode) (My Steam Username is same as here if anyone wants to add me)

(points / position)

Single Game: 15,684,442 (19,169)

Single Season: 3,230,588 (2,761)

Single Season in England: 2,653,497 (19,002)

Single Season Premier League: 2,653,497 (18,830)

Single Season Championship: 1,617,187 (363)

Single Season Conference North: 427,741 (745)

Career Overview

[TABLE=class: cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_ cms_table_cms_table_ cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_ cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_ cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_ cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_MsoTableLi cms_table_ghtShading cms_table_cms_table_m, align: center]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Season[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]League[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Position[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Achievements (Domestic)[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Achievements

(Europe)[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Leaderboard Points

(Season / Game)

[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Euro C/E

(Place)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]15/16[/TD]

[TD]7th[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]13,793 / 13,793[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]16/17[/TD]

[TD]1st[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]427,741 / 441,534[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]17/18[/TD]

[TD]Conference[/TD]

[TD]1st[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]617,814 / 1,059,348[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]18/19[/TD]

[TD]League Two[/TD]

[TD]4th[/TD]

[TD]Playoff Winners - Promoted!!![/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]61,136 / 1,120,484[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]19/20[/TD]

[TD]League One[/TD]

[TD]1st[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]758,596 / 1,879,080[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]20/21[/TD]

[TD]Championship[/TD]

[TD]17th[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]117,333 / 1,996,413[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]21/22[/TD]

[TD]Championship[/TD]

[TD]1st[/TD]

[TD]Winners - Promoted + FA Cup Winners!!![/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]1,617,187 / 3,613,600[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]22/23[/TD]

[TD]Premier League[/TD]

[TD]5th[/TD]

[TD]League Cup Winners!!![/TD]

[TD]Europa League 1st Knockout Round[/TD]

[TD]744,061 / 4,357,661[/TD]

[TD]0 (-)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]23/24[/TD]

[TD]Premier League[/TD]

[TD]4th[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]Europa League Winners!!![/TD]

[TD]901,656 / 5,259,317[/TD]

[TD]31.159 (71st)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]24/25[/TD]

[TD]Premier League[/TD]

[TD]5th[/TD]

[TD]FA Cup Winners[/TD]

[TD]Champions League Semi-Final[/TD]

[TD]854,427 / 6,113,744[/TD]

[TD]53.937 (37th)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]25/26[/TD]

[TD]Premier League[/TD]

[TD]4th[/TD]

[TD]Community Shield Winners[/TD]

[TD]Europa League Winners[/TD]

[TD]844,693 / 6,958,437[/TD]

[TD]78.909 (28th)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]26/27

[/TD]

[TD]Premier League

[/TD]

[TD]1st

[/TD]

[TD]Champions of England!!!

[/TD]

[TD]Super Cup Winners / UCL QF

[/TD]

[TD]1,059,009 / 8,017,446

[/TD]

[TD]100.367 (19th)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]27/28[/TD]

[TD]Premier League[/TD]

[TD]3rd[/TD]

[TD]Community Shield, League Cup

and FA Cup Winners !!![/TD]

[TD]Champions League Winners!!![/TD]

[TD]1,677,083 / 9,694,529[/TD]

[TD]125.142 (9th)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]27/28

[/TD]

[TD]!!!

[/TD]

[TD]!!!

[/TD]

[TD]CHALLENGE COMPLETE

[/TD]

[TD]!!!

[/TD]

[TD]!!!

[/TD]

[TD]!!![/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]28/29[/TD]

[TD]Premier League[/TD]

[TD]1st[/TD]

[TD]Community Shield, League Cup & FA Cup Winners[/TD]

[TD]Champions League, Club World Cup & Super Cup Winners[/TD]

[TD]3,230,588 / 12,949,617[/TD]

[TD]148.599 (4th)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]29/30[/TD]

[TD]Premier League[/TD]

[TD]1st[/TD]

[TD]Community Shield & FA Cup Winners[/TD]

[TD]Champions League & Club World Cup Winners[/TD]

[TD]2,734,825 / 15,684,442[/TD]

[TD]159.856 (2nd)[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Canvey Island - Barclays Premier League - 2066/67

The young squad didn't quite settle as well as it could have last season, so they were going to get another year to get it together.

League Table - our worst season in 29 years.

Community Shield - one sided enough.

UEFA Super Cup - this was a bit closer, although the scoreline flattered them.

FIFA Club World Cup - another close one thanks to our poor finishing.

Capital One Cup - a solid set of results.

FA Cup - just like last season, we had a huge win then went out in the 5th round.

UEFA Champions League - undefeated, although we were very close to losing the final.

Transfers - I found a brilliant right back, and gave a young goalie a chance to shine.

Squad - the young goalies struggled, but I can't find anyone better.

Finances - a worrying loss, which could explain the youth setup problem.

Key Player Profiles:

Jan Sedlacek - top scored, but also suffered with injuries.

Juan Pablo Vázquez - reliable as ever.

Darió Linares - recovered from his long injury, but might want to leave.

Ziga Kramer - looked outstanding at 17, but hasn't really progressed as I'd hoped. Would it be wrong to sell him?

Career Overview

2065/66   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC and Champions League winners
2066/67   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners

Next Season

This season I gave plenty of chances to the younger players, next season will probably be the same. I need to get a full squad of stars before we can think about clean sweeps again.

FC_United.png

FC United of Manchester - League One - 2022/2023

Back-to-back promotion? Back-to-back promotion. I have done it again. A lot of money was invested to the club but not by the chairman but by the transfer clauses I put.

League Table - We were okay, I guess.

FA Cup - Oh, hey look, more money

J. Paint Trophy - Well...we didn't do anything special

Transfers- Karl Collins and Sergi Canos was sent packing. Both men complained about playing time and I really had no intentions of playing underperforming players.

Squad -Still a young squad

Finances - Much Better

Key Player Profiles:

Mohammed Kavianpour - Co top goalscorer

Shane Doyle - Co Top goalscorer

Kareem Brooks - Still here

Connor Hunt - Still our starting goalie.

Nathan Oduwa - Not top goalscorer this season but he helped

Sindri Scheving - He's still got it...in his hands

Jordan Williams - He's back

Anthony Mandeiros - Still here

Sean Day - New Gareth Bale is still here

Career Overview

2021/22   League 2                     1st         Promoted - League Win
2022/23   League 1                     2nd         Promoted - Auto Promotion

Next Season

We got promoted...so I want to get promoted again :D

Bognorregistownfc.png

Bognor Regis Town - 2022/23

Sky Bet Championship - Another title and we've made it to the premier league.

FA Cup - Bit of a crazy match where we lost on penalties to Crystal Palace.

Capital One Cup - Both the cups came at the beginning of the season striker crisis.

Transfers - A bunch of people went out on free transfers to free up wage space. We were going to sign Coppens at the end of his contract, but we used the "buy now" clause on him because we needed strikers.

Squad - Hopefully we can bring in a few premier league caliber players and increase our squad depth.

Finances - Should see a big boost next year.

Key Player Profiles:

Alan Simpson - Brilliant season, one of the best striker performances I've ever seen from one of my players. He scored 45 in 44 league games.

Diego Rojas - Good season, but I will be selling him due to his lack of discipline (he led the league in red cards and was 4th in yellows).

Gavin Kelly - Proved to be a real good signing and supported Simpson well.

Pedro Felipe - Strong season from CM.

Wim Coppens - Even though he only played 1/2 a season, he was vital to our title winning season.

Career Overview

2021/22   Sky Bet League 1             5th          Won in playoff finals
2022/23   Sky Bet Championship         1st

Canvey Island - Barclays Premier League - 2067/68

The young squad is still taking time to settle, but this was the time for them to step up.

League Table - we went 33 games before defeat.

Community Shield - two early goals settled this one.

UEFA Super Cup - we had to fight for this one.

FIFA Club World Cup - a lot closer than usual.

Capital One Cup - no problems.

FA Cup - this was a bit less straight forward.

UEFA Champions League - undefeated, but a very close final.

Transfers - nothing apart from a sale.

Squad - strength in all areas, except goalies.

Finances - a profit at last.

Key Player Profiles:

Jan Sedlacek - not his best season as he struggled with injuries.

Twan Koppers - with Vásquez injured for a lot of the season, he had his chance in the team.

Darió Linares - top scorer, mostly due to the injuries of the others.

Robbe Leroy - not rated that highly, but always has an impact.

Ziya Özen - a decent winger.

Career Overview

2066/67   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2067/68   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners

Next Season

A couple more years and I'll get a chance to request a new stadium, although the youth setup situation doesn't fill me with confidence.

BlythSpartans.png

Blyth Spartans - 2018/19

Summary

League

Board Expectation: Reach Play-Off

Finish: 2nd

Much better consistency from the team and turned a lot of those draws from previous seasons into 3 points. The way we ended the season, I felt we deserved to win the league, but maybe the cup run allowed us to drop too many points in the middle of the season.

Anyway, this didn't matter because we made the play-offs. 0-0 in the first leg away to Stalybridge and a 1-0 win in the return leg at our home Croft Park set us up for a final. The final was again at home at Croft Park (weird, but I wasn't complaining). Another dominant performance, where we controlled the game and came away with a 1-0 win against Worcester. Promotion FINALLY!

FA Cup

Board Expectation: Reach First Round

Finish: Third Round (beaten 9-1 away to Man Utd :o)

Another great cup run which included lucky draws (usually at home to weaker teams) and some fortunate replay results, helped us into the Third Round. The draw pulled us out against giants Man Utd at Old Trafford, a dream draw.

This has been very good for our finances, which were dreadful before this game. We were beaten 9-1, but it was all about what the money means to the club and at least we scored at Old Trafford.

FA Trophy

Board Expectation: Third Round

Finish: Third Round

A decent run, but couldn't beat Conference side Tamworth away from home in the end.

Squad

Went with a bit bigger of a squad than usual, due to increased wage budget. I wanted to help out with rotation and injury crisis we've had in previous seasons.

Finances

Thanks to that great cup run, the finances look a lot healthier. They weren't looking good at all last season.

The chairman has announced planned improvements to the training facilities.

Interestingly the chairman is now willing to listen to offers for the club.

Notable Players

Thomas Marsden - On loan from Leeds, was amazing on the left wing. He broke the club's assist record with 19 assists and chipped in with 6 goals. Looking to see if I can loan him again next season or sign him on a free if his contract runs out!

Dale Armstrong - Another loanee, signed from Sunderland. He had a great partnership with Marsden, overlapping on the left hand side with great pace. Another to look at again for next season.

Scott McCarthy - Delivered with plenty of goals once again. Scored 24 goals this season, including vital winners in the play-off semi final and final!

Archie Love - The CM came into his own this season. Scored more goals from midfield and contributed to some good team performances.

Tony McMahon - Great experience at RB signed on a free this season. Very solid, consistent and scored a few from long ranged free kicks.

Kieran Djalili - Signed him on a free after having him on a loan last season from York. He did well despite a lot of injuries.

Next Season

Really it's all about consolidation next year. However, with the finances looking more healthy thanks to the cup run and a good core to the squad, I think we could steer well clear of the relegation zone.

We will wait and see, taking one game at a time and see where we are. At this moment, I think another promotion push will be off the cards.

Career Overview

2016/17   Vanarama Conference North     5th        Lost in play-off semi final
2018/19   Vanarama Conference North     2nd        Promoted via the play-offs!

Canvey Island - Barclays Premier League - 2068/69

The young squad had taken time to settle, but last season they clicked and won the lot. Could we repeat it this year?

League Table - like last season, we were unbeaten for a long time but then dropped points at the end of the season.

Community Shield - we needed penalties to win this.

UEFA Super Cup - an 11 goal thriller!

FIFA Club World Cup - this was pretty one sided.

Capital One Cup - no problems here.

FA Cup - a bit of a shock as Newcastle beat us.

UEFA Champions League - we performed miracles against Madrid, but couldn't repeat them against PSG. The run of 28 in a row has ended.

Transfers - the troublesome Matheus was sold.

Squad - it's hard to improve this squad, but I'll have to try.

Finances - a worrying loss.

Key Player Profiles:

Jan Sedlacek - top scorer, but he's still picking up a lot of injuries.

Darió Linares - had a decent season stepping in for injured players.

Juan Pablo Vásquez - not his best, but still a decent season.

Robbe Leroy - seems to do wonders when needed.

Ziya Özen - the brilliant winger.

Career Overview

2067/68   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2068/69   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC and League Cup winners

Next Season

We have a clear aim for the first time in a while, we need to win back the Champions League.

A very good challenge, but a few questions:

- What do you need to win to consider the challenge completed?

- Why is adding extra leagues not allowed? Would think that Champions League be harder with top European Leagues added?

A very good challenge, but a few questions:

- What do you need to win to consider the challenge completed?

- Why is adding extra leagues not allowed? Would think that Champions League be harder with top European Leagues added?

Winning the Premier League and the Champions League is the aim of the challenge, it does not need to be in the same season.

The restrictions on leagues have been there since the very start, to make sure that everyone had as similar a game experience as possible (I also had a pretty basic laptop when I started the challenge ;)).

Winning the Premier League and the Champions League is the aim of the challenge, it does not need to be in the same season.

The restrictions on leagues have been there since the very start, to make sure that everyone had as similar a game experience as possible (I also had a pretty basic laptop when I started the challenge ;)).

Thanks for answers. I am currently in another challenge, but if I get time after that one I guess I will give this one a try. Then I know why the rules are as they are, and I guess this challenge will be a quicker experience than the one I am in at the moment.

BlythSpartans.png

Blyth Spartans - 2019/20

Vanarama Conference

Summary

League

Board Expectation: Above mid-table

Finish: 1st

Back to back promotions above all expectations. A good start, turned into a great season where we were only beaten 4 times in the league all season. In the end we ran away with it and broke the points record, finishing with a massive 106 points.

FA Cup

Board Expectation: Reach First Round

Finish: First Round (knocked out away to Southend 3-0)

A tricky away tie against League 2 opposition proved too much and we couldn't reach the heights of the Third Round like last year.

FA Trophy

Board Expectation: Third Round

Finish: First Round

Another poor performance in this competition. Not too bothered as it probably contributed to my excellent league form with less fixture congestion. Interestingly, Accrington went onto win this cup and they were chasing me in 2nd place before falling away (probably because of this fixture congestion).

Squad

Stuck with a lot of the players that got me promoted last season, but strengthened in places to get my whole squad up to standard.

Transfers

Very happy with the business done. Managed to get last year's loanees in on free transfers and added much needed quality for this league.

Finances

The chairman sold the club towards the end of the season to a local businessman.

The good news:

- Training facilities improvements were completed from last season.

- We've turned professional

- Terrace conversion plans have been announced, 1437 seats are being installed at Croft Park (although a 176k loan has been taken out to do this). Only 756 seats previously existed in the stadium.

- The scouting range has been expanded to UK & Ireland

Notable Players

Barry Bannan - Signed in January and is now the highest paid at the club. The 30 year old brings experience and League 1 quality to my team in CM.

Thomas Marsden - Signed after an impressive loan spell last year. Continued last season's form and looks likely to win Conference Player of the Season, providing 5 goals and 12 assists from the wing. Becoming a fan favourite.

Dale Armstrong - Another player who was signed after last year's impressive loan spell. Works really well with Marsden up the left, providing 8 assists from LB.

Andrew Ferguson - Got the striker in on loan from Huddersfield and he did well, scoring 20 goals in all competitions.

Tyrell Palmer - Impressive third season at the club. Came into his own a bit this year and managed to stay fairly injury free for once.

Matt Crooks - Built on last season with another solid year at the back.

Next Season

After a magnificent season and achieving back to back promotions, it must now be time to consolidate in League 2. I fear that our promotions may catch up with us slightly and we could struggle. Hopefully a few good deals in the transfer market will help us out.

Career Overview

2019/20   Vanarama Conference           1st        Promoted as champions!

I forgot to write an update after my first season ended unspectacularly so I was happily looking forward to posting something after I finish my second season. Doesn't look like there will be much to look forward to though. Two games left of the season and the board don't seem to have any intention on renewing my contract with my team under performing in the league. How lenient are the boards with missing league objectives?

BlythSpartans.png

Blyth Spartans - 2020/21

League 2

Summary

League

Board Expectation: Mid-table

Third consecutive promotion and a great of 10 wins in a row towards the end of the season helped us clinch the promotion and then finally the title! Southend led the race for long periods of the season and were smashing teams, amounting a huge goal difference. Their striker Kyle Copp left the club to join Plymouth for £400k in January after scoring 30 league goals, this was enough for him to be the leagues top goalscorer despite only playing 22 league games!!!

This depature really helped us out and Southend dropped off the pace a bit, allowing us to climb into top spot. We had a little blip around January ourselves and dropped out of the automatic promotion spots. Contributing to this drop was a lot of postponed games, due to our poor stadium, which put a lot of pressure on the squad with fixture congestion later on in the season due to re-scheduled games.

In the end we managed to grind out a few victories and due to the struggling form on teams around me we were promoted as champions. A great achievement!

Capital One Cup

Board Expectation: First Round

Finish: First Round (knocked out at home to Chesterfield AET)

This tie came too early in our season against League 1 Chesterfield. We were knocked out after extra time 2-1.

FA Cup

Board Expectation: Reach Second Round

Finish: Fourth Round (knocked out at home to Ipswich 2-1 in a replay)

Another great run in this competition to help our finances. We needed this to help finance the loans taken out for the stadium expansion.

Wins against Southend (title rivals in their peak of the season) and away at Dartford helped me to the Third Round. We were hoping for another huge draw like when we played away at Old Trafford a few seasons ago. We got Nottingham Forest away, who were current in the Championship. A well battled 2-2 draw won us a replay and we magnificently beat them 2-0 at home in a famous night at Croft Park on a Tuesday night on TV!

Ipswich were up next and forced a replay again away from home with a 2-2 draw. However the replay proved too much and we lost 2-1 in a close fought match.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy

Board Expectation: Be competitive

Finish: Second Round (knocked out at home to Doncaster on penalties)

A solid 4-1 win away to Hartlepool in the First round helped us on our way. However, we were beaten on penalties against Doncaster of L1 which was disappointing as we dominated this game.

Squad

A lot of changes and had to rely on a lot of loan deals to help me through the season.

Transfers

Finances

The new chairman helped us expand the stadium, which was announced last season. The capacity of Croft Park is now 4,435.

The chairman also boosted the club's academy to Category 4 and allowed me to complete my National B Licence.

New affiliated clubs were obtained, with a Parent Club link with Oldham being announced (disappointing as we haven't even used this) and Hornchurch became our Feeder club.

Notable Players

Barry Bannan - Another fine season from the ex-Scotland international. He won League 2 Player of the Year and broke the club's assist record, with 17 assists.

Lucas Roggia - The signing of Carles Puyol as a scout helped us discover a lot more international talent in the market. This Brazilian striker struggled to begin with, but his form improved massively and he managed 16 league goals.

Sid Nelson - This commanding CB proved to be a great signing, helping the team with 5 goals and an average rating of 7.15

Mackenzie Heaney - originally signed as more of an emergency loan when we were struck by a lot of injuries to our wingers. He impressed on his 1 month contract and we kept him on until the end of the season on loan from Newcastle. He bagged 6 league goals and 7 assists.

Roberto Altamirano - another loanee from Everton. The CB did really well.

Dave Townsend - yet another loanee from Swansea. He filled in at LB and CB throughout the season looking solid.

Next Season

Three promotions in a row is magnificent for the club and much more than I expected. I had worries last season that we would struggle with this fast rise through the leagues eventually catching up with us. That's why I'm a bit reserved going into League 1 and it's very much the same aim as last season.

Concentrate on staying up firstly, and then see where can go from there!

Career Overview

2019/20   Vanarama Conference           1st        Promoted as champions!
2020/21   Sky Bet League 2              1st        Promoted as champions!

FC_United.png

FC United

I know it's a bit late in the year but I just finished my win 10 leagues in 10 countries in 30 seasons challenge (I failed) and fancied something new. I haven't done a lower league for a long time so I fancied doing that. Then I remembered lurking on the dafuge challenge threads and thinking I'd always like a go at that. So here I am on July 30 (I forgot on July 25, sorry)

(full disclosure - I only remembered the dafuge challenge after failing miserably at 3 other lower league challenges. Sacked by Whitehawk with 3 games to go in my first season when I was 5th and then sacked by Concord Rangers after a morale crisis saw me record one win in my last 20 league games, snatching an unlikely relegation in the process. My third team, FC United ironically, sacked me after about 16 games after another morale crisis sent me on a 9 match losing run. I then decided to dafuge proper. I will therefore, more than likely, be utter cack at this challenge. But I've always wanted a go!)

St Neots Town FC - Season 2016/17 - Conference North - 14th

Overview:

The season started off with poor results leading to a changing room revolt. That was sorted quickly. The season ended with our poor form leading to a board room meeting. Crying to the board about the number of injuries we have had made them take pity on me and offer me a new contract the next day. So I live on to fight for what I hope to be at least another season as an under-fire manager...

Conference North

We had spells of good form and we had spells of torrid form. Unfortunately the torrid form far outweighed anything good which has left me in my current predicament. I never felt we were really under any threat from relegation; my main concern was that we were going to miss out on our expectation of above mid-table (which we ultimately did).

FA Cup

Another case of missing out on our expectations. Knocked out in the third qualifying round, which at least was an improvement on last season.

FA Trophy

We made it through to the first round, marking the only occasion where we met an expectation.

Transfers

Finances

Next season...

I need to get off to a good start next season or it will be game over. A summer of improvement should put us in good stead, particularly the defence and midfield.

You are aware that was the first time in 28 years that you failed to win both the CL and the Premier League?

How does it not get boring?!

Yes, I was aware. I even mentioned it in my post.

The enjoyment in the winning certainly wears off, but the transfer market and squad building always keeps me entertained.

FC_United.png

FC United of Manchester 2015/2016

Vanarama North

Summary

League

Board Expectation: Above mid-table

Media Expectation: 12th

Finish: 2nd

A frustrating season in the end. We started like a steam train, winning our first 6, including a 6-1, 5-1, 5-0 run for our first three games. Although we couldn't quite maintain that form we were sitting pretty 7 points clear at the beginning of March. Then we suffered 7 injuries in 2 weeks, with 5 of my first choice midfield and attack out. We limped through that period but our form was shot. We were still 4 points clear with 4 games to go but 3 defeats in a row put paid to our automatic promotion hopes. Our poor form carried into the play offs where we went down 3-0 in the first leg away at Harrogate. We performed miracles at home to win 3-0, only for them to pull 2 goals back in extra time. So a once promising season ends in disappointment and frustration.

Cup Competitions

Made it to the 4th qualifying round of the FA cup, taking conference side Braintree to a replay which we narrowly lost 3-2. Lost in the FA Trophy 3rd round at home to Altrincham in a game we should have won.

Transfers

A lot of comings in and out due to my overexcitement at theh relatively large wage budget and nmber of players interested in FC United. None of them were particularly successful though, which is rather shaming.

Finances

I managed to keep wages well under the budget allowing for a nice profit of around 200k. The board allowed me to improve our youth facilities and get me my national C license, which was nice.

Notable Players

Aristote Nsiala - Brought in halfway through the season on a free, plays with a consistency which belies his otherwise fairly unimpressive attributes

Jamie Wooton - An original FC United player who looked capable of doing a job in the conference north. I gave him a chance and it turns out he can!

Dean Stott - An invaluable squad player, filling in at centre back, right back and defensive midfield when the need called. Not really first choice in any position but still started 47 games!

Next Season

It should have been a pleasing first season, but the bitter taste from throwing the title away in those last few games means we have to be looking at promotion next season. There's going to be a bit of a clear out with only the core of the first team remaining and a lot of scouring the free transfer market. Top priorities are right and left wingers. I like playing with wingers and the choices I've had this season have been pretty abysmal.

Career Overview

2015/16   Vanarama Conference North      2nd       Play-off Semi--final losers     

FC_United.png

FC United of Manchester 2016/2017

Vanarama North

Summary

League

Board Expectation: win promotion

Media Expectation: 3rd

The pressure was on with the board demanding promotion. We had a stronger squad than the first season so had a great chance if we could avoid injuries and keep morale high. Very quickly it became a two horse race between us and Boston with neither team able to pull away. We came close with a christmas home win over our rivals but 2 games later we went to Hyde, bottom of the league and no league victoryin 20 games, and a cpmplacent performance saw us go 3-2 down. As the season drew in it became clear it would be which team would bottle it less that would win the league. With two games left we were two points clear but with a final game away at Boston. We won our penultimate game but Witton scored twice in injury time at Boston forcing a draw, meaning we went in to that last game 4 points clear. We played with the confidence of newly crowned champions and won 2-1 to finish a flattering 7 points clear.

Cup Competitions

Awful. We went our of the FA Cup to Stocksbridge, a mid-table Northern Premier league team, in the second round of qualifying. We went out first time of asking in the Trophy as well. Luckily, the board care more about the league than the cups.

Transfers

Another season of high turnover with a lot of free transfers in and out. The most successful were the loanees which is a bit annoying as they'll all be off home in the summer

Finances

No cup runs at all but wages were kept below budget so a small profit was returned. The new youth facilities were finished in September and still have that lovely new smell about them

Notable Players

Gareth Evans - Brought in ostensibly as cover but quickly staked a claim as an inside forward. Scored lots of important goals and by far my most reliable attacking threat

Matty Pearson - Joined on a free halfway through the season. His experience and ability to play in defence or midfield made him a rock. He's going to be invaluable next season.

Kyle Edwards - A loanee from WBA, his form meant I played with an AMC away from home more often than I otherwise would have done. 14 goals and 9 assists not a bad return for the lad.

Next Season

Consolidation is the main priority. It's a step up into a division that's possibly even harder to get out than the one we just left. A new striker is a must as Jamie Wooton's performances dipped and then he threw his toys out when dropped. He spent a large part of the season third choice (in a one man striker formation) sulking. He'll be shipped out this summer so a replacement is top of the shopping list.

Career Overview

2015/16   Vanarama Conference North      2nd       Play-off Semi--final losers     
2016/17   Vanarama Conference North      1st        Champions!

Archived