Mr Hough Brings Back The Funk Thread

My thoughts on my tactic are that although I batter teams left right and centre it is often the case the the opposition will have that odd chance and generally score 1-2 goals a game.

Has anyone else noticed this too?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My thoughts on my tactic are that although I batter teams left right and centre it is often the case the the opposition will have that odd chance and generally score 1-2 goals a game.

Yes, this is definitely true in my case - results are often something like 5:2, 4:2, 3:1. Hard to keep a clean sheet.

@soviet. We are on a forum. Not everyone is on their PC whilst viewing the forum and/or has the game open/available when viewing the forum, so saying its faster to just download the tactic doesn't really help. Also a SS of the tactic itself should be a minimum requirement for the OP when uploading a tactic. If people have time to brag about results with SS's they have enough time to upload relevant info regarding the tactic itself.

Thank you for your SS anyway. I like to play with wingers so I'll pass. Although the results do look good :)

Thanks Mr. H for your new, fantastic, tactic!

But I've a question: In my game, I've an amazing right winger...18yo....one of best player I've never seen....

What happen if I put external striker like wingers? Never tried?

Else, do you have think to another tactic with wingers?

Thanks Mr. H for your new, fantastic, tactic!

But I've a question: In my game, I've an amazing right winger...18yo....one of best player I've never seen....

What happen if I put external striker like wingers? Never tried?

Else, do you have think to another tactic with wingers?

You could try retrain him to a ST, That should work

Fast becoming another frustrating tactic!!!

In noway is this a dig at you as i love the the way the players play. We are in every game and play great attacking football. I just cant get my players scoring!

Take alook at the my last 3 games. I should have won all 3 but lost by the single goal in each.

Fixtures.png

upload images free

Liverpool.png

adult photo sharing

Spurs.png

adult image

Liverpool.png

free picture upload

Anybody else having this sort of trouble? Can you recommend anything that will help me put them away?

Thanks

I've made a promising start with Liverpool in the PL. 6 games, 5 won, 1 loss (City away 1-2).

Besides the slight weakness in defence i've noticed that the strikers don't seem to get good ratings or score very much. I have Sturridge on the right cutting inside and Suarez on the left also cutting inside. Does it work better with right footers on the right etc?

I was heading for a disastrous relegation with Stockport in the Championship, I started this tactic and although i got relegated, I gave it a heck of a fight.

Now in league 1 with 8 matches left I am 21 points clear at the top. Enough said :applause:

I am loving this tactic

I was heading for a disastrous relegation with Stockport in the Championship, I started this tactic and although i got relegated, I gave it a heck of a fight.

Now in league 1 with 8 matches left I am 21 points clear at the top. Enough said :applause:

I am loving this tactic

Just wondering, did you use the same training advice as in the main post, IE Team cohesion and def positioning?

Cheers.

does anyone have any ideas how i can combat United's 4-2-3-1 with this formation.

season has been going well (pl 15 - w 11 - d 3 - l 1), 4 game winning streak, defence only conceded 9 so far. I play Moyes' United (who are ridiculously overpowered btw) and i hit a massive roadblock. They pass through me at will. They are ahead 1-0 and 2-1. I then took the lead 3-2 and quickly switched to Counter but they equalize within seconds 3-3. They take the lead for the final time and see out the game 4-3.

i'm only watching extended highlights so i appreciate the limitations but it seemed that everytime they got the ball they walked through me and scored. they didn't even play Rooney!!

Is there any way to combat this?

Also looking for a way to combat City who pressed me to death for 90 mins, by the second half i couldn't get out of my half.

EDIT: Just want to say as well thanks to Mr Hough for his hardwork. Thanks mate, you're making the full game playable for the casual gamer.

It seems to be the case with every tactic mate, pain in the extremities!!

Well that was a wash out. Relegated from premier league with only 6 wins all season!!

I feel it was simply the standard of player. With increased finances I hope to bounce back immediately and hopefully have higher quality EPL players next time around

finished my first PL season with Liverpool

Won the league with 95 pts and five defeats. Scored 83 and conceded 33. Probably would have been more but out of my last 5 games i had consecutive away games at Utd, Everton and Chelsea and lost them all.

The board are happy obviously but also with the attacking football it produces.

My strikers struggled to an extent. Sturridge was my top scorer in the league with 17 and he played 36 games. I think that is more down to this ridiculous system they have to keep scores down and prevent you from finishing CCCs. Suarez was my top rated striker with 7.12.

I've signed Reyes, Ginter, and Montoya for my second season.

Great tactic Mr Hough.

I am back in the EPL after winning The championship again. Made some (on paper) decent signings but in order to stay up do I operate with counter rather than just reverting to this if I am in front?? I think i will try this as I am going to be the underdog more often than not.

i think this tactic is suitable only for high level teams (MU,City,Liverpool,Chelsea,Totenham,Arsenal). i used it with Everton and it didn't work well. inconsistent tactic. 16 W 7 D 9L (9th position in EPL), lost in FA and Carling.always conceded in every match, i don't know why. sorry Mr Coates, i hope you will tweak this tactic or get another one.

I'm 6 points clear with Peterborough United at top of premier! 3rd season in the premier league last time I finished 13th so not got to good a team. I'm in January now. Was unbeaten in prem till Jan as well. This tactic is working ok for me so far....

Fast becoming another frustrating tactic!!!

In noway is this a dig at you as i love the the way the players play. We are in every game and play great attacking football. I just cant get my players scoring!

Take alook at the my last 3 games. I should have won all 3 but lost by the single goal in each.

Anybody else having this sort of trouble? Can you recommend anything that will help me put them away?

Thanks

I was getting similar results so made a couple of changes. My defence has been awesome with this tactic but I couldn't score any goals at all, despite having the best team in the league. All I did was change mentality to attacking, click shoot on sight in team instructions and also take off the F9 instruction to not shoot as often.

Since then I've been banging them in.

I'd just like to say this tactic won me the World cup in 2030 and the euro champs in 2028. Its great defensively for me

When did you start using it, because it's not that impressive if you started in 2013/14 :p

I've found the tactic seems to struggle specifically against the 4-2-3-1s that Man Utd and Chelsea employ.

I've won the league 2 years running with Liverpool so its gone really well but i always struggle against these 2 and their formations

Mr Hough once again I find myself using one of your tactics. I always keep an eye for your posts in this section as for the past 3 years of FM's you've produced my favourite tactics time after time.

And once again you have cracked it!! I always wanted a 4-1-2-3 formation that worked as I always wanted the idea of 3 strikers to work. Mainly as Iv always believed if the opposition uses attacking full backs and a flat back four that on the counter you should create some brilliant chances.

I was using Steatons Total Annihalation V2 but after a season and a half that seemed to have stopped working / lost its charm. Put yours on in the middle of the season and iv gone on an unbeaten run of 10 games.

Will post some screenies to show once the season is up. But once again many thanks.

I normally don't use other people's tactics, but i found myself frustrated with my team, so gave this a try. It's a really great formation to watch, I dominated the games I used it in, playing some really good football, but sadly I seemed to concede from every chance the opposition had, and missed countless chances myself. I actually went 4 games, with 34 shots on target, and 12 clear-cut chances, without scoring (while the CPU scored 10 goals from 8 clear cut chances, and 14 shots on target). I know this might just my team, but I was wondering if anyone else had this problem?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having some trouble with defence, I concede almost every game with Southampton... Also, there have been many matches where I draw and have like 20-30 shots :/

Are there any tweaks to improve defence on this tactic?

Amazing tactic as always mr hough!

I started with coventry city side 10 games - 10 wins and only 1 lost against leeds on cup (but i used reserved team cause i wanted to keep my players fresh for the league matches) and many many many goals 3-4 per match and great football! always on control!

thanks mr hough

• 2 weeks later...
I've been away from his thread for a Long Long time as I have been busy with Many other things.

I'm glad to hear the tactic is working for the majority.

Welcome back.Can we expect some update of this tactick or some new tacktick from master ?

Archived