Chelsea - Season 1 - Quadruple - No Transfers - All under ME 14.2

Thanks dude.

What team are you by the way?

It's certainly an attacking tactic so you will concede but as you mentioned you'll score loads and both forward positions will get a good quota of goals.

Keep an eye open for 'Dreadnought'. Based on Rainmaker but more solid defensively with more variety in attack.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I created a club at game start (2013-14), put them in League 2 with mid-table rep, finances, ave attendance and ground for League 2. Holidayed a year, then took over in 2014-5. Used your Fulcrum and 5 seasons later was in the PL. The only 'cheat' I added was to give the club potential to grow in ground size and average attendance.

It took me 4 seasons in the PL to win it and that's over-achieving thanks to the tactic. By that I mean in most of those 9-10 seasons I've not had the highest rep in the leagues I've played in and often been the underdog against rivals chasing the top spots with me. I expect it will be very different next season when I start as reigning champions so will wait out.

Even as now champions my defence is only ranked 14th in the league for Positioning and 12th for Marking, so that may be the problem (i.e the players I have) rather than your tactic in conceding alot. They're a very young (but good) defensive unit, so the positioning/marking is on the low side compared to the big teams in the PL. It will improve. :)

Mr U Rosler your tactic is amazing! I almost never use other peoples tactic, but i just don't have the time for this year game to make one of my own. I just finished the first season with Ac Milan and i won everything !!!

I posted in the official Milan thread how my season went if anyone is interested : http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364653-FM14-AC-Milan-Super-Mario-s-World?p=9328947&viewfull=1#post9328947

I tried loading this tactic up with a new Fulham save and uh... they got destroyed 3-0 vs. Norwich in the first game of the season and I was a little concerned, because the tactic was fluid already.

It hasn't seemed to pick up yet but I'll stick with it and see if I get sacked. Fulham is a weird roster because they're old so I'm trying to bring in some young guys and work them in.

Caajmwa.png

I tried loading this tactic up with a new Fulham save and uh... they got destroyed 3-0 vs. Norwich in the first game of the season and I was a little concerned, because the tactic was fluid already.

It hasn't seemed to pick up yet but I'll stick with it and see if I get sacked. Fulham is a weird roster because they're old so I'm trying to bring in some young guys and work them in.

Caajmwa.png

to be fair, this tactic was designed with a top 4 team in mind...fulham is pushing it.

My underdog tactic is Silk & Steel 14.2.

Currently working on something for the middle ground.

Thanks for the tactics. They have worked great on my Roma save. Any update on the new version?

Yeah, have revamped the back 5 (back 4 + DM) so the transition is much better when we win back the ball or launch attacks from GK distribution.

Some cool stuff here. very happy.

Have long been happy with the complete forward/F9 combo so wont touch that.

Which leaves the configuration of our midfield 3.

current set up of B2B - CM/A - B2B leaves us too exposed.

tried Ball Win - CM/A - Ball Win...... nice defence but attack is blunted too much.

Testing B2B - DLP -B2B......just worried how much we'll miss the CM/A popping up in the box.

Couple of ideas if that doesnt work out.... i'll get there!

Yeah, have revamped the back 5 (back 4 + DM) so the transition is much better when we win back the ball or launch attacks from GK distribution.

tried Ball Win - CM/A - Ball Win...... nice defence but attack is blunted too much.

Testing B2B - DLP -B2B......just worried how much we'll miss the CM/A popping up in the box.

Can't wait to see the results:applause:

Update on my Milan save: won everything in the 2nd season but with a lot of luck. The league was rather easy but in the CL i had some major luck to turn things around for me.

The only problem i have with this tactic is that my complete forwards don't score on almost every match. They score like 3 in a game then go missing for the next 3 games and so on.

I like the option CM/S CM/A CM/S i'm using in my save with Porto.

Maybe you could try it.

Hi Uwe,

I'm currently playing with Hearts in the Scottish Premiership, using Silk & Steel & despite a 15 pts deduction i finished 2nd behind Celtic and won the Scottish Cup in my first season playing mainly youngsters due to the signing ban that was in place until 1st Feb.

Into the 2nd Season now, have made several free transfer signings to improve the quality and depth of the squad, but i'm now in a quandary, should i use Rainmaker or stick with S&S?

You have said it is a tactic for top teams which i suppose i am in scottish terms but not in the bigger picture, what would your advice be?

James

Hi Uwe,

I'm currently playing with Hearts in the Scottish Premiership, using Silk & Steel & despite a 15 pts deduction i finished 2nd behind Celtic and won the Scottish Cup in my first season playing mainly youngsters due to the signing ban that was in place until 1st Feb.

Into the 2nd Season now, have made several free transfer signings to improve the quality and depth of the squad, but i'm now in a quandary, should i use Rainmaker or stick with S&S?

You have said it is a tactic for top teams which i suppose i am in scottish terms but not in the bigger picture, what would your advice be?

James

'Big' is relative to the opposition in the league you are in.

If you think your squad is average or below in quality than the rest of the league stick with S&S. If its better than average i.e you would expect to finish in top half even without an excellent tactic i would move to Rainmaker,

What do u do in season 2 and especially 3 where i am at where teams are used to how i play? I don't trump them anymore(or win games for that matter), my player moral is good yet i play like **** every game.

Team's don't Learn to counter tactics (other than late in an individual match, but they don't carry this knowledge forward).

You are a victim of your success. Teams fear you and come to 'shut up shop', especially when you play at home.

It's based on your reputation which based on league position and cup wins will have skyrockeI'd.

The game at this point becomes one of recruitment & team building.

You will need genuine quality and at least a couple of 'leading star's in the team.

For example, 18 acceleration may now be a minimum requirement for your complete forward. All of your midfielders should have 17+ passing etc.

To be an elite team on the world stage you will need elite players. But with the success you've had you should be able to attract/afford them.

You will then start blowing teams away again.

If your having a tough time in the meantime, nothing you can do bit try to keep morale high and get thru it. You WILL hit form at some point.

Releasing a complimentary tactic tonight which might help.

Rainmaker is great for countering 'wide formations' as it goes straight through the middle of teams (ie 442, 4231 or any formation with 2 CM's and no DM).

New tactic features devastating play on the flanks and will destroy any 'narrow' formations ie diamonds, box midfields, centre loaded midfields like a DM and 3 MC's etc. In fact it would counter 'Rainmaker' very well.

So moving forward our scouts tell us how upcoming opponents like to set up so we can pick the tactic we think will exploit that,

An extra level of sophistication to help in our quest for world domination.

Rainmaker is great for countering 'wide formations' as it goes straight through the middle of teams (ie 442, 4231 or any formation with 2 CM's and no DM).

New tactic features devastating play on the flanks and will destroy any 'narrow' formations ie diamonds, box midfields, centre loaded midfields like a DM and 3 MC's etc. In fact it would counter 'Rainmaker' very well.

So moving forward our scouts tell us how upcoming opponents like to set up so we can pick the tactic we think will exploit that,

Nice :thup:

Team's don't Learn to counter tactics (other than late in an individual match, but they don't carry this knowledge forward).

You are a victim of your success. Teams fear you and come to 'shut up shop', especially when you play at home.

It's based on your reputation which based on league position and cup wins will have skyrockeI'd.

The game at this point becomes one of recruitment & team building.

You will need genuine quality and at least a couple of 'leading star's in the team.

For example, 18 acceleration may now be a minimum requirement for your complete forward. All of your midfielders should have 17+ passing etc.

To be an elite team on the world stage you will need elite players. But with the success you've had you should be able to attract/afford them.

You will then start blowing teams away again.

If your having a tough time in the meantime, nothing you can do bit try to keep morale high and get thru it. You WILL hit form at some point.

Thanks for explaining :D

Any new on the tactic I just can't wait to try it ?

OK, a new version of the Tactic - 'Dreadnought'

Based on 'Rainmaker' but with few small but significant changes.

y97g.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Anchor is now Half-Back

Full backs are now Complete Wing Backs

Box to Box are now Ball Winning Midfielders

What's it all about?

'Rainmaker' is an excellent tactic but to my eyes it had 2 weaknesses.

• With all of the central midfield pushing into advanced positions when attacking you are very vulnerable to counter attacks

• With a lot of play going through the middle it created a lot of 'one on one' chances, which sounds great but under the 14.2 ME it leaves you at the mercy of some woeful striker finishing.

It could result in the 'hatrick,' no goals for 4 games then another 'hatrick' followed by no goals for 4 games for your strikers. A 'feast or famine' scenario for our strikers when its much better if they could just score a goal a game and be consistent.

'Dreadnought' is designed to alleviate these issues in the following manner.

The Half-Back

When I actually understood how the Half-Back works and then saw it in action with my own eyes 'in game' it was a REVELATION to me.

Think Sergio Busquets.

During the transition phase when you have won back possession or when your goalkeeper is about to distribute the ball the Half-Back withdraws in between your 2 centre backs, momentarily you have gone to a back 5.

Our Complete Wingbacks, who are very attacking, then push straight up to the half way line, we now have a back 3. Your Centre Backs move laterally into much wider positions almost occupying the space vacated by our wing backs.

The ball is distributed to one of our 'new' back 3 who have fantastic passing options either across the back line, into central midfield or most desirably and most often straight to our Wingbacks on the halfway line who can launch an attack straight up the right or left flank.

Once the ball has moved up the pitch your Half Back moves into his traditional DM positions and the Centre Backs move back into a central position.

The above happens everything single time WITHOUT FAIL! And it looks AWESOME!

I wanted to encourage more 'wide play' without having to ram it down the players throat with an 'exploit flanks' instruction, by using the above technique we achieve what we want organically without forcing the issue, if their is a killer pass on through the middle players still take it on but there are more crosses, tap ins for your strikers and a greater variety of attacks from all over the pitch which is exactly what we want.

BALL WINNING MIDFIELDERS.

Our Fullbacks with support duty are now Complete Wingbacks with attack duty.

In a tactic that was already very attacking something had to give to accommodate this.

Much as I liked the Box to Box guys they had to go. I always had a niggling feeling that sometimes they just got 'in the way' during some attacks, like Danny Welbeck on a bad day.

With 2 Ball winners/Defend duty we always have 5 players behind the ball now during attacks. 2 centre backs, half back + 2 central midfielders so we are far harder to hit on the counter. They are also very well positioned to re-cycle the ball when our initial attack has broken down which can lead to sustained periods of attacking.

With 5 players back it leaves 5 to wreak havoc in our opponents penalty area, and rest assured all 5 of them will be in there including your Wingbacks who now have a big appetite for goals. Many a time I have just been about to congratulate my Complete Forward on another great goal only to find it was in fact one of my wingbacks who has just arrived on the edge of the 6 yard box to finish.

Anyway i hope you enjoy the Tactic and watch your Half Back and how he influences the whole 'transition' its really cool.

here is THE TACTIC

https://www.mediafire.com/?8dg51zxmrxl6fhm

I will update the front page of my main thread but as a quick guide.

Silk & Steel 14.2 = Small teams, underdogs and people seeking to move quickly up divisions from lower leagues

Rainmaker - TOP 6 Teams

Dreadnought - Average teams right through to potential Champions (my preferred tactic)

Do we need to change the type of player we are looking for to occupy the BWM positions or is there still a premium on passing as their main attribute? Awesome tactic btw ;-)

The box to box guys will be very close to what we need.

I'm personally having issues with conceding from corners/freekicks so I am thinking of making them 'good jumpers' to help out with this.

But I actually think my goalkeeper is flawed and is to blame for this.

Currently thinking.

Passing

Strength

Tackling

Marking

Might swap strength for jumping reach (anyone with high jumping reach is normally big and strong anyway)

The box to box guys will be very close to what we need.

I'm personally having issues with conceding from corners/freekicks so I am thinking of making them 'good jumpers' to help out with this.

But I actually think my goalkeeper is flawed and is to blame for this.

Currently thinking.

Passing

Strength

Tackling

Marking

Might swap strength for jumping reach (anyone with high jumping reach is normally big and strong anyway)

Or as an alternative a 'mental' build would be pretty cool.

Aggression

Determination

Decisions

Tackling

Im not sure what to make of your new tactic, first you say:

It could result in the 'hatrick,' no goals for 4 games then another 'hatrick' followed by no goals for 4 games for your strikers. A 'feast or famine' scenario for our strikers when its much better if they could just score a goal a game and be consistent.

Then you say:

Dreadnought - Average teams right through to potential Champions (my preferred tactic)

So will this tactic help top teams and especially the scoring problem? If im Milan with top players all around, which tactics should i use ?

Then you say:

So will this tactic help top teams and especially the scoring problem? If im Milan with top players all around, which tactics should i use ?

I second this!

No disrespect, Mr. Rosler, your Fulcrum V2, and especially V4, worked pure magic for me in 14.1.4. Since then, you have released so many versions that frankly I don't know which is which anymore. You should clean up your thread to make it clearer.

Then you say:

Read it properly, don't skim it and you'll see, look;

'Rainmaker' is an excellent tactic but to my eyes it had 2 weaknesses.

With all of the central midfield pushing into advanced positions when attacking you are very vulnerable to counter attacks

With a lot of play going through the middle it created a lot of 'one on one' chances, which sounds great but under the 14.2 ME it leaves you at the mercy of some woeful striker finishing.

Followed by this sentence;

'Dreadnought' is designed to alleviate these issues in the following manner.

See, he's not saying Dreadnought will cause your striker to go a drought, he's saying Rainmaker does and Dreadnought actually fixes that!

I second this!

No disrespect, Mr. Rosler, your Fulcrum V2, and especially V4, worked pure magic for me in 14.1.4. Since then, you have released so many versions that frankly I don't know which is which anymore. You should clean up your thread to make it clearer.

There are 3 tactics. apologies if thats too many.

And i 'shouldn't' do anything as i do this in my own time for free.

There are 3 tactics. apologies if thats too many.

And i 'shouldn't' do anything as i do this in my own time for free.

As first written, it was not meant as disrepect to you. If anything your tactics has been very good up until 14.1.4. And let me rephrase my last sentence; it would be nice if you made your thread a little clearer in regards to the different tactics, and versions you release.

No need to get wound up and be sarcastic. I have no interest in starting an argument.

As first written, it was not meant as disrepect to you. If anything your tactics has been very good up until 14.1.4. And let me rephrase my last sentence; it would be nice if you made your thread a little clearer in regards to the different tactics, and versions you release.

No need to get wound up and be sarcastic. I have no interest in starting an argument.

I'd say it is pretty clear if you spend time to actually read the thread!

I'd say it is pretty clear if you spend time to actually read the thread!

And both threads relating to these tactics are actually quite interesting to read.

I have quite large database (=lots of waiting at times, especially transfer windows), so reading these is a good way to spend the waiting periods :)

And both threads relating to these tactics are actually quite interesting to read.

I have quite large database (=lots of waiting at times, especially transfer windows), so reading these is a good way to spend the waiting periods :)

And that's the whole point. I have released 'development' tactics along the way, some of which have failed and been discarded but I have always tried to be clear when i'm doing this. This is a two way process. the feedback I get from people based on development tactics help me evolve the tactic quicker. And the people interested in how i develop tactics get insights into the whole process. I appreciate that's not everyone or indeed many people.

Popular threads, by there very nature tend to get disjointed and messy and i don't have the time or user rights to continually sanitise it. Besides, I quite like it how it is!

But of course someone jumping in and skim reading the last 4 posts wont understand what's going on, which is fair enough.

hey mr u rosler tried your dreadnought tactic having in different results compared to rainmaker tactic which is great so a tried to make my own tactic based on mr houghs formation tactics with the 3 strikers too no success so i wondering if you could possibly try and make a tactic like that if you can be bothered im sure loads people would like to try a good tactic like that as i am poor at making tactic but love yours and mr houghs was great aswell

hey mr u rosler tried your dreadnought tactic having in different results compared to rainmaker tactic which is great so a tried to make my own tactic based on mr houghs formation tactics with the 3 strikers too no success so i wondering if you could possibly try and make a tactic like that if you can be bothered im sure loads people would like to try a good tactic like that as i am poor at making tactic but love yours and mr houghs was great aswell

Not familiar with mr houghs tactics and i've never really got 3 strikers working properly in fm14.

+ another tactic is not going to go down very well in some parts :lol:

if all else fails go back to the original tactic, front page of my other thread (Silk & Steel 14.2) when all else fails this seems to hold up very well.

Hello Mr.U,

First of all, I really love your tactics since S&S so thanks for all the hard work you already put in them !

With you I can go with my furious midfielder love and two strikers !

I just have some questions tho, is Dreadnought the tactic which uses more the flanks instead of the middle or is it just an evolution (Kind of) of Rainmaker ?

And I've been wondering since I get that a lot since 14.2, my strikers just want to shoot from anywhere, anytime. If i'm lucky i will have 10 long shots for 40 shots, but most of the time I have 25 long shots for thoses 40.

Hi Mr Rosler, I've been using your Rainmaker tactic with my Pompy team and just finished my 1st season in 5th (2 points off 2nd). My team isn't the best but followed your tactic and was amazed how I did. Never really hit a bad run so would you recommend me sticking with this tactic or give your new tactic a try (average teams to potential cl). Just wonder whether teams will try to hit me on the counter more next season.

Hello Mr.U,

First of all, I really love your tactics since S&S so thanks for all the hard work you already put in them !

With you I can go with my furious midfielder love and two strikers !

I just have some questions tho, is Dreadnought the tactic which uses more the flanks instead of the middle or is it just an evolution (Kind of) of Rainmaker ?

And I've been wondering since I get that a lot since 14.2, my strikers just want to shoot from anywhere, anytime. If i'm lucky i will have 10 long shots for 40 shots, but most of the time I have 25 long shots for thoses 40.

Yeah, Dreadnought is 85% rainmaker. But with your FB's getting further forward, earlier, so more crosses from the byline and hopefully a fee tap ins for your strikers instead of being one on one all the time.

Hi Mr Rosler, I've been using your Rainmaker tactic with my Pompy team and just finished my 1st season in 5th (2 points off 2nd). My team isn't the best but followed your tactic and was amazed how I did. Never really hit a bad run so would you recommend me sticking with this tactic or give your new tactic a try (average teams to potential cl). Just wonder whether teams will try to hit me on the counter more next season.

Correct, teams will now respect you and sit back. Goals will be harder to come by.

It's easy to get both fluid. You could use both. For example Rainmaker is better against 442, Dreadnought is better against packed midfields I.e 4132 etc.

Looks like I gonna get promoted to the prem this season so I will use this approach myself and document the results.

Can make a amazin 4-1-2-1-2 with rainmaker. Push up attacking cma to amc, auto all the roles, make sure all player instructions stay intact, blam amazing 4-1-2-1-2 been unreal for me on 40 game unbeaten only lost 1 game all season. thanks for the tactic

Hi Uwe!

Long time no hear... my league 1 campaign with Whitehawk using Rainmaker was held up due to Xmas hols but we are about seven games away from the end, play offs secured and in 2nd place with a team which is frankly no better than Skrill premier so let me be clear ... RAINMAKERS WORKS WITH POOR TEAMS!!!!

This, btw, will be the fourth promotion in a row for a team with no facilities, no money and surviving only on Uwe's super tactics.

Secondly, I had a very dodgy first few months never rising higher than 6th (which is still fantastic when Moses Swaibu is still your lynchpin defender!!!) then on since December 26th Ive only lost twice in the league and not drawn one so to be clear THERE IS NO JANUARY BUG WHERE THE AI WORKS OUT YOUR FORMATION!!!

Yes I agree set pieces is an issue.... am frustrated at the number of corner or freekick goals against us even though we have been defending set pieces in training all season.

Should finish by tongiht and will put up screenshots then and then whatever league we are in next season... ITS DREADNOUGHT TIME!!!

I've been using S&S for a few months and was flying at the top of the league until around December time when all of a sudden my strikers stopped scoring and the opposition scored every chance they had. Having read a few articles on here where people spoke about the AI sussing out your tactics I decided to give Dreadnought a go but I'm still tearing my hair out! I'm averaging 20-30 shots per game and (this might sound stupid) I don't look like scoring! Does anyone have any suggestions on how to overcome this? I had built a decent space between myself and second but we're now level on points and it seems like all the good results in the first half of the season are going to be wasted. I do have a good team for this division so I don't think it's a case of overachieving. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Yeah, dominating teams and failing to win is a persistent issue. Especially when you have an attacking mentality.

I had a 6 game sequence last season where my opponents scored 12 goals from 14 shots on target across those six games. I scored 8 goals from 33 shots on target in the same period.

We know the ME is the same for everyone so no cheating is going on.

I noticed a comment on another thread which referenced a comment by Paul C where he basically said that there is a bias towards counter attacking and he even said that this bias was going to get even stronger with later patches.

So a counter attacking set up may be the way forward.

HOWEVER the COUNTER starting strategy is HOPELESS for developing a counter attacking strategy as IT SLOWS DOWN THE TRANSITION which is the last thing we want.

I am working on something at the moment, now being a small team in the Premier League its a good test bed for this approach. I'll keep you posted.

Do you find that your teams have a lot of long range shots? There are numerous times when a clear through ball is on for a one v one opportunity yet my striker hits a hopeless 30 yard shot. Just played bottom of the league, finished 0-0 even though I had 27 shots v their 3!

Hi Uwe!

Long time no hear... my league 1 campaign with Whitehawk using Rainmaker was held up due to Xmas hols but we are about seven games away from the end, play offs secured and in 2nd place with a team which is frankly no better than Skrill premier so let me be clear ... RAINMAKERS WORKS WITH POOR TEAMS!!!!

This, btw, will be the fourth promotion in a row for a team with no facilities, no money and surviving only on Uwe's super tactics.

Secondly, I had a very dodgy first few months never rising higher than 6th (which is still fantastic when Moses Swaibu is still your lynchpin defender!!!) then on since December 26th Ive only lost twice in the league and not drawn one so to be clear THERE IS NO JANUARY BUG WHERE THE AI WORKS OUT YOUR FORMATION!!!

Yes I agree set pieces is an issue.... am frustrated at the number of corner or freekick goals against us even though we have been defending set pieces in training all season.

Should finish by tongiht and will put up screenshots then and then whatever league we are in next season... ITS DREADNOUGHT TIME!!!

Good to have you back

Your run of back to back promotions (as well as mine and others) seems to back up the counter attacking theory.

Other teams come and try to dominate you due to your low reputation. You win back possession when they are over committed and out of position and kill them on the break.

This happens season after season as you get promoted and AGAIN have a low reputation.

Obviously you still need a decent tactic to make that work.

The KEY will be setting up a tactic for a HIGH REPUTATION team which still creates opportunities to hit teams on the break even though they have come to defend and have very little attacking ambition.

Real Madrid do it as did Fergie's Man U so there are real life precedents.

Getting it to work under an increasingly frustrating and limited 14.2 Match Engine is another matter.

Do you find that your teams have a lot of long range shots? There are numerous times when a clear through ball is on for a one v one opportunity yet my striker hits a hopeless 30 yard shot. Just played bottom of the league, finished 0-0 even though I had 27 shots v their 3!

Yeah, it's frustrating as hell.

Even when strikers have 'round keepers' PPM they never do it and just launch the ball, Bobby Charlton style, from 35 yards.

I believe it's regarded as a bug (at least unofficially) and will be addressed at somepoint in the future.

Hey there, thanks again for all these great tactics, one question is the training the same as the silk and steel one?

Cheers :)

Yeah, although I've been leaving mine on defending set pieces......not that it helps.

Alright Monsieur Rosler!

Awesome tactics bro! Iv been using the Rainmaker for 442 but see for 1dm 3 midfielders would the dreadnought be better?

Thats what you mean by a packed midfield. But also could a packed midfield be 2 cm's and the 3 am's with the lone front man and also the 5 man lone striker/

So bascially rainmaker for against flat 4 midfields and dreadnough for everything else???

Alright Monsieur Rosler!

Awesome tactics bro! Iv been using the Rainmaker for 442 but see for 1dm 3 midfielders would the dreadnought be better?

Thats what you mean by a packed midfield. But also could a packed midfield be 2 cm's and the 3 am's with the lone front man and also the 5 man lone striker/

So bascially rainmaker for against flat 4 midfields and dreadnough for everything else???

Yeah thats the idea.

Pretty much bang on actually.

Anytime your Full backs are up against 2 wide players on each flank i'd use rainmaker. That is mainly gonna be 442's maybe 4231 or 433 depending on instructions etc.

Archived