Chelsea - Season 1 - Quadruple - No Transfers - All under ME 14.2

Hi Uwe,

I'm currently playing with Hearts in the Scottish Premiership, using Silk & Steel & despite a 15 pts deduction i finished 2nd behind Celtic and won the Scottish Cup in my first season playing mainly youngsters due to the signing ban that was in place until 1st Feb.

Into the 2nd Season now, have made several free transfer signings to improve the quality and depth of the squad, but i'm now in a quandary, should i use Rainmaker or stick with S&S?

You have said it is a tactic for top teams which i suppose i am in scottish terms but not in the bigger picture, what would your advice be?

James

Go for it mate. I am Hearts boss in my save and have used every tactic as its come available. I have now won the "SPL" two seasons in a row, regulars in the Champs league and made the knockout stage round of 16 twice in a row. Turning Hearts into the undisputed top team in Scotland. My advice is if you are regularly beating the other teams using the tactic you are currently using then move to the next one in the Uwe series. You'll grow in stature as the tactics become "bigger team oriented".

Hope the above makes sense!

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good to have you back

Your run of back to back promotions (as well as mine and others) seems to back up the counter attacking theory.

Other teams come and try to dominate you due to your low reputation. You win back possession when they are over committed and out of position and kill them on the break.

This happens season after season as you get promoted and AGAIN have a low reputation.

Obviously you still need a decent tactic to make that work.

The KEY will be setting up a tactic for a HIGH REPUTATION team which still creates opportunities to hit teams on the break even though they have come to defend and have very little attacking ambition.

Real Madrid do it as did Fergie's Man U so there are real life precedents.

Getting it to work under an increasingly frustrating and limited 14.2 Match Engine is another matter.

Will be following with interest. Kids took up my time last night so still not there....

Go for it mate. I am Hearts boss in my save and have used every tactic as its come available. I have now won the "SPL" two seasons in a row, regulars in the Champs league and made the knockout stage round of 16 twice in a row. Turning Hearts into the undisputed top team in Scotland. My advice is if you are regularly beating the other teams using the tactic you are currently using then move to the next one in the Uwe series. You'll grow in stature as the tactics become "bigger team oriented".

Hope the above makes sense!

Thanks mate, so far in Season 2 i have won the opening 5 league games but just lost to Celtic at Parkhead, made it to the Europa League Group Stages but have got Everton, Betis & Lyon (ouch!!) at least i will make some more money :)

Also just sold Danny Wilson to Middlesborough for £3 million to bank balance is at last looking healthy!

Also read the post re retraining Jamie Walker for one of the striker roles i also did that but i have just sold him to Inverness due to having other striking options, I have also re trained Jason Holt as the False Nine which works pretty well.

James

Sorry ıt took o long but here ıs the league 1 success:

6987.png

Looking at the season fixtures you can see the rocky start in the early part of the season:

71hc.png

Then the amazing turn around after December 26th, blowing the 'bug' idea out of the water:

fxr4.png

Season also finished with a cup win.... look at the team on the right and you see the squad that clinched the title. Look them up in your own games and youll see some of them have no rıght to be playing in League 1.... thats how successful rainmaker was:

2ury.png

Yeah, it's frustrating as hell.

Even when strikers have 'round keepers' PPM they never do it and just launch the ball, Bobby Charlton style, from 35 yards.

I believe it's regarded as a bug (at least unofficially) and will be addressed at somepoint in the future.

I can confirm that, i tried my own tactics with similar instructions and strikers on this patch just keep shooting like there life depended on it, frustrating as hell to see. Unless you have like 20 in long shots im not sure how this will work out.

Sorry ıt took o long but here ıs the league 1 success:

6987.png

Looking at the season fixtures you can see the rocky start in the early part of the season:

71hc.png

Then the amazing turn around after December 26th, blowing the 'bug' idea out of the water:

fxr4.png

Season also finished with a cup win.... look at the team on the right and you see the squad that clinched the title. Look them up in your own games and youll see some of them have no rıght to be playing in League 1.... thats how successful rainmaker was:

2ury.png

Good work dude. Surprised you were able to keep a decent defensive record with Rainmaker following a step up in class.

especially considering the corner/set piece debacle we are having to put up with !

I'm currently back in love with Silk & Steel for my first Premier League campaign with Stockport being a heavy underdog and stuff.

Once i'm established in Prem i'll revisit Rainmaker and Dreadnought.

Good work dude. Surprised you were able to keep a decent defensive record with Rainmaker following a step up in class.

especially considering the corner/set piece debacle we are having to put up with !

I'm currently back in love with Silk & Steel for my first Premier League campaign with Stockport being a heavy underdog and stuff.

Once i'm established in Prem i'll revisit Rainmaker and Dreadnought.

Im at work now so cant put up the screen shots but in December I had both scored and conced six goals from corners but from then on the defending set and byt eh end of the season it was 16 scored and 8 conceded from corners.

So after a successful spell as manager of Hearts I have moved up in the world to become manager of Newcastle. Been a nightmare so far, one win in 7 or something but have only just got the tactic fluid so hopefully we can start moving up the table!

Latest thinking on the tactics.

Rainmaker - Home (or favourite)

Silk & Steel - Away (or underdog)

Dreadnought - when you want something extra spicy.

I think you my be right... certainly the sea on in the Champ is not working that well with Rainmaker and Dread... stuck in mid table which is still excellent for Whitehawk but can see we are not competitive in most games. S and S is more cautious.

Just thought I would let you guys know what i'm upto.

I've developed 2 final (?) tactics.

One for Home fixtures or when you are favourites.

One for Away fixtures or when you are an underdog.

I will be doing a full season with Chelsea using each tactic exclusively to test how robust they are. I.E A full season using the Away tactic for EVERY match then a full season using the home tactic for EVERY match.

I will then repeat that with someone completely pants like Norwich or West Ham (no offence).

These are the results for the AWAY tactic so far.

l5g0.png

The only thing i'm worried about is the fact that the HOME tactic has a lot to live upto!

This tactic is about clean sheets and really solid defence. only conceded 1 goal in 12 premier league games. So its doing its job.

They are some crazy results! Looking forward to seeing it.

I've been using Rainmaker exclusively with Derby in Season 2 and am practically unbeatable. Conor Sammon is a monster in the CF slot although nobody has yet made the F9 posn theirs. Thanks for the tactic, and the advice, well done!

When are you planning releasing it Mr U Rosler?

And is it a 4132 too?

AWAY tactic is def 4132.

HOME I am considering other options but I normally end up at 4132 so we'll see.

In terms of release I have another 3 and half seasons of testing to go so probably the weekend at the earliest.

No point rushing it out.

I'm VERY happy with the AWAY tactic, I just want to make sure the home tactic is 'BANG ON' before release.

I am now trying out Rainmaker in pre season friendlies.

I had to do a small change. My F9 was wasting way too many chances by shooting from too far.

I added "shoot less often" to F9 instructions. In the next game no long shots from him, two goals and one assist.

I did the same change to S&S and Dreadnought too. Will see how it goes.

Ok, Mr Dumbass here can't work out how to get a downloaded tactic into the starting tactic slot and a downloaded tactic into the alternative tactic slot.

Anyone understand what I mean and how to do it?

Save the tactics to documents/sports interactive/football manager 2014/tactics.

Then in game, use the "archived tactics" option to find them when taking them in to use.

Save the tactics to documents/sports interactive/football manager 2014/tactics.

Then in game, use the "archived tactics" option to find them when taking them in to use.

That's not what I meant. I wanted to load up two different tactics so my team can learn two tactics. Just can't figure out how to do it.

That's not what I meant. I wanted to load up two different tactics so my team can learn two tactics. Just can't figure out how to do it.

That's how you do it.

You save the tactics to the folder i mentioned earlier.

In game you press the add tactic -> then Use an existing tactic -> then Archived tactics.

go to the tactics screen.

On the right of your current tactic their is an 'add tactic' button. Click that and then choose archived tactics and pick the one you want to add.

Sounds great Uwe. Keep up the good work. My AC Milan team are on fire after finishing 7th last season (not under my managership) so they've a lot of improving to do this season and they're already doing the business. Using Rainmaker.

Been working today but 4 games into testing the 'HOME' tactic and its looking good.

9nnw.png

5igi.png

Demba Ba got 4 goals in BOTH games!

26c8.png

16 goals in 4 games and we're only halfway fluid

Will get thru a lot of games tomorrow hopefully.

Just a final update on my Derby team in season 2: Won the league by 10 points AND won the FA Cup including wins against Newcastle & Everton along the way. My team's average age could not have been much more than about 22; I got rid of nearly every player over the age of 25. Anyway, Rainmaker is a superb tactic and I'm thoroughly grateful. For now, the Premier League is calling....!

I haven't had any red cards after the update.

Only used Rainmaker in two matches though, S&S in others.

Pretty much the same here. Mostly S&S and a few rainmakers. Only 1 red card in around 20 matches after 14.2.2

(Currently, Rimini - Serie C1/Italy)

Great tactic dude. Being a Chelsea fan i have to go as them in my first several games or it just feels wrong. Had a lot of success with a few of my own tactics but they always seem to come undone, you know? No in the bad patch of form in which you need to mix it up or change personnel but they never feel properly sewn together to begin with and then the ends fray and loose threads get snagged and it all comes apart. Not so with this baby so far anyway but i've played long enough that it would have happened by now. I've not even needed Rainmaker-B.

I'm not sure if it's the reason why but i mixed in "Run at Defence" with this to make it 7 instructions overall and it went from the little train that really wanted to and pretty much was to the super train that takes no BS or prisoners. It hugely cut down the long wasted shots and still had the shots as high as ever just more on target and more goals. Plus with so many good dribblers in the team it's a shame not to let them loose once in a while.

There is one thing. My defence is still a bit weak for my liking and for me it comes down to out-scoring a bit too often. Any thoughts or posts you could direct me to?

Great tactic dude. Being a Chelsea fan i have to go as them in my first several games or it just feels wrong. Had a lot of success with a few of my own tactics but they always seem to come undone, you know? No in the bad patch of form in which you need to mix it up or change personnel but they never feel properly sewn together to begin with and then the ends fray and loose threads get snagged and it all comes apart. Not so with this baby so far anyway but i've played long enough that it would have happened by now. I've not even needed Rainmaker-B.

I'm not sure if it's the reason why but i mixed in "Run at Defence" with this to make it 7 instructions overall and it went from the little train that really wanted to and pretty much was to the super train that takes no BS or prisoners. It hugely cut down the long wasted shots and still had the shots as high as ever just more on target and more goals. Plus with so many good dribblers in the team it's a shame not to let them loose once in a while.

There is one thing. My defence is still a bit weak for my liking and for me it comes down to out-scoring a bit too often. Any thoughts or posts you could direct me to?

Thanks for the feedback and the 'run at defense' pointer. I had it on my very first tactic, took it off and forgot about it. Might revisit that.

Defensively it's been pretty good. Less than 30 league goals every season.

You could use my silk & steel tactic to 'shut up shop' when you need to.

Intrigued by Dreadnought so giving it a try.... however can I ask about your thinking behind dropping the d-line with what appears to me to be effectively a pressing based tactic?

In this ME you are very vulnerable to balls 'over the top' into space behind your centre backs. Sitting a little deeper helps with this. Also winning the ball back a little deeper can be effective for counter attacking as the opposing team is spread out a bit more.

In this ME you are very vulnerable to balls 'over the top' into space behind your centre backs. Sitting a little deeper helps with this. Also winning the ball back a little deeper can be effective for counter attacking as the opposing team is spread out a bit more.

Indeed, but that's a downside of any attacking tactic and whether dropping deeper is the answer is questionable, especially if your midfield are working hard to give the opposition little space. Letting the d-line drop, surely allows the oppo's forwards to drop into the space created, thus giving an easy out ball. The counter argument to yours would be to compress space and force the opposition to rush passes to players who have no time/space to work in? (It's just an opinion, btw :) )

Indeed, but that's a downside of any attacking tactic and whether dropping deeper is the answer is questionable, especially if your midfield are working hard to give the opposition little space. Letting the d-line drop, surely allows the oppo's forwards to drop into the space created, thus giving an easy out ball. The counter argument to yours would be to compress space and force the opposition to rush passes to players who have no time/space to work in? (It's just an opinion, btw :) )

Yeah, 2 different approaches, both viable.

I am working on a very attacking tactic with 3 strikers and a very high line will be one of the test set ups,

My target is to average at least 3 goals every league game in season one with Chelsea no transfers etc.

Closest I've got so far is 2.7 goals per game. Willing to concede a few more if I can get 3 goals a game.

gonna start a save with leeds. Wich tactic would be the one to use ??

Rainmaker home. Silk & Steel away.

If using Rainmaker and narrow 1 goal lead after 70 mins switch to S&S to protect.

If using S&S and go behind switch to Rainmaker to try and equalise.

Rainmaker home. Silk & Steel away.

If using Rainmaker and narrow 1 goal lead after 70 mins switch to S&S to protect.

If using S&S and go behind switch to Rainmaker to try and equalise.

Rainmaker has been awesome for me for the past two seasons playing on FMC (winning league and then champions league with Everton) but now it's just gone wrong. It's just stopped working. Rainmaker B hasn't helped either :( Looking forward to these version 2s Rosler!

Rainmaker has been awesome for me for the past two seasons playing on FMC (winning league and then champions league with Everton) but now it's just gone wrong. It's just stopped working. Rainmaker B hasn't helped either :( Looking forward to these version 2s Rosler!

Should be up Wednesday :brock:

Archived