Chelsea - Season 1 - Quadruple - No Transfers - All under ME 14.2

Greetings all,

Before any of you start with "....Chelsea are a big team, its easy with them blah blah blah..." .....I KNOW!

I don't normally go for big teams as any of you who follow my tactics will know. But throughout my Fulcrum tactics thread people have been consistently 'chirping up' with comments about tactics not working with big reputation teams due to teams 'parking the bus' and being difficult to break down.

In my simplistic brain any tactic should work better with a better team so I thought I would fire up a save with a big team with my Fulcrum tactic tweaked and geared up for breaking down stubborn teams.

Here are the results.

Champions League - Winners

FA Cup - Winners

League Cup - Winners

European Super Cup - Winners (i know)

Premier League runners up by 1 point

Champions League Final

jiq8.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Premier League

t4kt.png

What's happens when you park the bus

0ls6.png

What happens when you don't park the bus

vkrd.png

If you park the bus we'll hammer you. If you don't park the bus we'll hammer you. In fact, you're gonna have to work extremely hard to not get hammered.

A lot of goals from corners but not 'silly' and 3 less than Man United.

zfve.png

Conceded from corners

yeb8.png

Outstanding returns from forwards.

Demba Ba 37 goals from 44 games. As Complete Forward.

pqeh.png

Juan Mata 26 goals & 26 assists as False 9

pl6g.png

Hazard from Central Midfield 15 goals and 24 assists

o1qe.png

Tactic and preferred starting 11 for Chelsea

fyxi.png

As ever with my tactics...

MAX MATCH PITCH SIZE

NO OI's

NEVER CHANGED TACTIC FOR 1 SECOND OF ANY GAME

'....it's the Fulcrum Jim, but not as we know it........'

Same formation and player roles as my other Fulcrum tactic but we are now Attacking, Very Rigid, High Tempo and More Disciplined.

DOWNLOAD

The Fulcrum - Rainmaker

https://www.mediafire.com/?ofrcptvmkr3rmtc

For detailed recruitment, player attributes, training and lots of other info please visit my main thread here.... http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/377470-The-Fulcrum-Silk-amp-Steel.-A-complete-Tactical-System-for-14.1.4-and-beyond......

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rainmaker 'B' tactic

https://www.mediafire.com/?y8w19huamae55c1

5jyz.png

The purpose of the 'B' tactic is to break runs of poor form.

There seems to be something in the game where you are 'punished' for continually using the same tactic for an entire season, normally you will have a run at some point where everything conspires against you and you cannot buy a win. You always recover at somepoint using 1 tactic but by then the damage is done.

Th game seems to respond well to dropping in a new formation/tactic at this point.

This tactic is basically the same as 'Rainmaker', the heatmap/average positions are almost identical but as it is a fresh 'formation' the game thinks its a brand new tactic.

When to plug it in.

You can see below I was on a 3 game losing streak, still 12 places ahead of expectations but going quickly in the opposite direction.

Plugged in Tactic, won next game and got 'the message' confirming the 'trick' had worked.

Will leave it in for a couple more games before going back to old tactic.

You could also just throw in the tactic every 3 or 4 games to keep AI on its toes.

430r.png

Message confirming 'trick' has worked.

h9xh.png

So is 'Solaris' dead? As I understand it, Rainmaker is basically a better & more tested version of Solaris, right?

I'll give it a try on my Paderborn save. Finished 1st & 2nd the last two seasons. Will probably use 'Rainmaker' as my home tactic, 'Fulcrum' as my away tactic.

Yeah 'solaris' has evolved into 'rainmaker'!

Interested to see how it goes. Fulcrum 4.2 & Rainmaker are polar opposites in many ways in terms of how they play.

Interested to see how running them both in tandem goes.

I just finished the 2017/18 season (finished 2nd behind a dominant FC Bayern who also won CL and kicked me out in CL Semi-Finals). I have a good team for Bundesliga but Bayern & Dortmund have clearly stronger teams. I'd say we should be about the same level as Schalke, HSV and Leverkusen. For the last 2 seasons I used your Fulcrum tactics with great success. The only downside of the tactics seemed to be

1.) Struggling against opponents who park the bus (especially at home against weaker teams)

2.) Getting my strikers to score. Both strikers (Dybala & Dongou, both are 4-star players who fit your recommended mold) only have 8 goals this season.

3.) Reliance on set-pieces (both DC have 7 goals this season)

By implementing the more attacking 'Rainmaker' for home games against weak opponents I hope to fix those points from above.

If you have a good team. I'd just use it home and away.

I'll give it a try. Can still get back to old Fulcrum if it doesn't work out.

Currently contemplating switching clubs if the right offer comes in. I've taken Paderborn as high as I possibly could, winning Bundesliga, reaching Champions League Semi-Finals, getting the club to 'Worldwide' reputation. Still we're somewhat limited by our small stadium (can't be expanded any further than 20000, only 15000 for CL). Maybe if a good offer comes in I might be in for a new challenge.

"If you park the bus we'll hammer you. If you don't park the bus we'll hammer you. In fact, you're gonna have to work extremely hard to not get hammered."

Today, your name is Mr Breaker ;)

I'll give this a whirl with Man Utd as everything I've tried this year has failed, so we'll see how I go with this one - cheers mate!

Thanks Rosler!

I've decided to switch to Rainmaker in November, ending up winning the Quadruple (including Champions League!) at the end of the season with PSV!!

Have to say that I'm in my fifth season, so I already have upgraded my team significantly. Nevertheless, I was not going to win this league without your great tactic!

Nice tactic Rosler.

I'm trying it at Braga in Portuguese League, and just after 4 games I can say it changed the way the team was going on championship. Nice play and amazing solid results.

I'll post screenshots after I reach end of season.

:applause:

What sort of individual instructions are key for this formation?

All of them combined really. The default instructions for each role are obviously very good themselves, then one or to added on top. If you add too many player instructions then, for example, your false 9 no longer behaves as a false 9. Less is more etc.

I know I said I was going to leave this to the end of the season but I said 'one more game' and as well as knocking out championship Burnley away 2-0 (admittedly they finished with 9 men) Ive gone on a fantastic winning run... record with this tactic now 7-1-1 and back on top and 7 pts clear! Hope to finish league 2 this weekend.

Put this tactic in place from the start of the first season as Villa manage, signed a only like 2 players, mainly cover, but im currently sitting 4th in March, this is brilliant tactic. Obviously I don't win every game, like I lost against Sunderland, but then beat Arsenal, so ups and downs really. One problem is I miss a lot of 1v1, but that may be because of Benteke not having good finishing stats (despite being top goal scorer by miles), also conced about 1 per game, but usually score 2 per game really. So impressed and will continue to use going into second season.

Greetings all,

Before any of you start with "....Chelsea are a big team, its easy with them blah blah blah..." .....I KNOW!

I don't normally go for big teams as any of you who follow my tactics will know. But throughout my Fulcrum tactics thread people have been consistently 'chirping up' with comments about tactics not working with big reputation teams due to teams 'parking the bus' and being difficult to break down.

In my simplistic brain any tactic should work better with a better team so I thought I would fire up a save with a big team with my Fulcrum tactic tweaked and geared up for breaking down stubborn teams.

Here are the results.

Champions League - Winners

FA Cup - Winners

League Cup - Winners

European Super Cup - Winners (i know)

Premier League runners up by 1 point

Champions League Final

jiq8.png

Premier League

t4kt.png

What's happens when you park the bus

0ls6.png

What happens when you don't park the bus

vkrd.png

If you park the bus we'll hammer you. If you don't park the bus we'll hammer you. In fact, you're gonna have to work extremely hard to not get hammered.

A lot of goals from corners but not 'silly' and 3 less than Man United.

zfve.png

Conceded from corners

yeb8.png

Outstanding returns from forwards.

Demba Ba 37 goals from 44 games. As Complete Forward.

pqeh.png

Juan Mata 26 goals & 26 assists as False 9

pl6g.png

Hazard from Central Midfield 15 goals and 24 assists

o1qe.png

Tactic and preferred starting 11 for Chelsea

fyxi.png

As ever with my tactics...

MAX MATCH PITCH SIZE

NO OI's

NEVER CHANGED TACTIC FOR 1 SECOND OF ANY GAME

'....it's the Fulcrum Jim, but not as we know it........'

Same formation and player roles as my other Fulcrum tactic but we are now Attacking, Very Rigid, High Tempo and More Disciplined.

DOWNLOAD

The Fulcrum - Rainmaker

https://www.mediafire.com/?ofrcptvmkr3rmtc

For detailed recruitment, player attributes, training and lots of other info please visit my main thread here.... http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/377470-The-Fulcrum-Silk-amp-Steel.-A-complete-Tactical-System-for-14.1.4-and-beyond......

Can u do me a screen shot of your attacking and defending corners please ?

nice tactic sounds good if ur not a top team do u think it would b best if ur a lower team to change mentitly. what did u do for training in pre season and during season

I wouldnt mess with mentality.

See link in opening post for training etc.

Completed my first season with this tactic, with Aston Villa - so little spend (evident in transfer screenshot) and base squad only really good enough for top half....check out what happened;

(cup games had weakened sides.....didn't go so well ha)

transfers1st.png

table1st.png

Would you use Rainmaker 'a' & 'b' or Fulcrum 14.2 now? I like to dabble with better tactics on my Man U save. :)

I would use 'rainmaker' with a dominant team like man u.

If you we're doing a 'Tony Pulis' and trying to keep Palace in the Prem I think you would get 'owned' using rainmaker but S&S 14.2 would keep you up as it's more of an underdog tactic.

I was just coming in to ask what to do when hit rubbish form, start of season 2 - not won in 5/6 games, so will try out version B as im really impressed with this tactic, I hope it just doesn't turn into a 1 season wonder.

Losing 5/6 games at the start of the season is probably not the tactic

Hello Mr.Rosler, I'll be trying this tactic out on a new save game with my beloved Wigan team and because Uwe is our manager :p

I had brilliant results with your Norwich tactic on my previous Wigan game, instant promotion as eventual winner of the Championship, in my first season back in the premiership I finished a very respectable mid table 10th as well as another FA Cup final which I unfortunately lost to winners Man UTD, in my second season I gained Europa League qualifcation via my league position... Unfortunately my misses bought me a external HDD for Xmas & I accidently formatted the wrong drive lmfao so I lost everything but I'm back up & running now so I'll report back after my first season.

Ok Uwe, league 2 confirmed:

ydt3.png

Below are the fixtures using rainmaker when I was managing. After promotion was assured I went on hols and we lost 4 of the last five. Notice the dip in Jan. Otherwise Rainmaker seems to do the job with a team mostly made up of Skrill Premier players.

knji.png

Now for league 1 :)

Ok Uwe, league 2 confirmed:

ydt3.png

Below are the fixtures using rainmaker when I was managing. After promotion was assured I went on hols and we lost 4 of the last five. Notice the dip in Jan. Otherwise Rainmaker seems to do the job with a team mostly made up of Skrill Premier players.

knji.png

Now for league 1 :)

Cool.

So which tactic do you prefer? Rainmaker or SS 14.2?

Mr U Rosler, this tactic is TOO good. :D It's that good I might have to bin it, because I am just smashing teams up, no matter their rep compared to mine.

I've jumped from Fulcrum V2 (which was/is working just fine for me) to Rainmaker and not only does Rainmaker look more pleasing on the eye, it's very, very effective. Well done sir.

Mr U Rosler, this tactic is TOO good. :D It's that good I might have to bin it, because I am just smashing teams up, no matter their rep compared to mine.

I've jumped from Fulcrum V2 (which was/is working just fine for me) to Rainmaker and not only does Rainmaker look more pleasing on the eye, it's very, very effective. Well done sir.

I thought that at first but i hit a short but damaging run of poor form mid season. I didn't have the 'B' tactic ready at that point, if it happens to you just plug in the 'B' tactic.

Cool.

So which tactic do you prefer? Rainmaker or SS 14.2?

Right now.... Rainmaker as I dont get caught in possession anymore and we look better but the real test will be next season as there just arent the players available in my price bracket and ı worry for an attacking tactic. Will give it a go though.

Ok, Season 1 in the Championship. Media prediction 21st. In theory I should have gone with my Underdog tactic Silk & Steel but enjoyed the Chelsea save so much i wanted to give it a go with Rainmaker & Stockport.

Pretty good results. Got hammered a few times but beat some of the top teams as well. Overall happy with results.

vx4f.png

Managed to strengthen the squad reasonably will before season 2. In theory, with this tactic, even a slight increase in the quality of the squad should lead to much better results.

So far so good....... 11 straight wins to start the season.

r6iu.png

Note the last result...... :brock:

Also note my new 'IT' skills..... i can crop an image now..... :brock::brock:

good tactic. try it first game and win :)

but a question, in the 1. half i'm in front 0:3 and in the second half the opponend scored 2 goals to 2:3... would i change something for the second half, if i'm in front? mayby change the mantality to counter?

good tactic. try it first game and win :)

but a question, in the 1. half i'm in front 0:3 and in the second half the opponend scored 2 goals to 2:3... would i change something for the second half, if i'm in front? mayby change the mantality to counter?

I always leave it as it is. But that is my playstyle. Upto to you if you want to change it.

Rainmaker is awesome,

Just try it, get it fluid, and win

Flippin brilliant mate, well done Uwe:applause:

Happy new year to all

Nice one and thanks.

Working on a new version. Better in attack..... better in defence.

Nice one and thanks.

Good to hear about the better in the defence as that is the only issue I have had so far using Rainmaker.......I can score 2-3 goals quite easily....but not helped when opposition score 4-5 :(......But that is not a common issue.

Nice one and thanks.

I've been using this tactic with sucess, but recently changed the two Box-To-Box Midfielders to Central Midfielders (Support) and it seems to me they are more effective. Try it. ;)

Uwe

What tactic would you recommand for West Ham at home

and away to big sides like chelsea man utd and then lesser v hull etc

Season 1 West Ham I would go with SS 14.2. Use it home & away.

When you strengthen the squad move to Rainmaker (probably season 2).

Just finished first complete season with Rainmaker in the Premier League alongside my club's first trip in to the Champions League (finished 3rd last season with Fulcrum V2, after predicted mid-table).

Predicted finish this season was 4th.

Beat PSG, Man City and Juventus in the knockout rounds to get to the CL Final. Lost 2-3 to Bayern in final.

Lost Semi-Final FA Cup to Man Utd 1-2.

Won the Premier League by 1 point on last day of season. :D

I never hit that bad patch this season where AI might cotton on, but did find I conceded a lot of goals. 47 goals conceded in 38 league games (which is a lot for team finishing in 1st place, relegated Burnley only conceded 7 more goals than me).

I didn't mind that, kind of like the philosophy of if you score '3' we will score '4'. Didn't quite work out in the CL final, but I have a relatively young, inexperienced team for that level so was never expecting to get out of a tough group, let alone all the way to the final.

I always used "Attacking Movement" as match prep once I was fluid in the tactic (by mid-October). I might work on defence more last season. I do have a variation of the Fulcrum I have made with shouts that I went to sometimes to protect a 1 goal lead in the final 10-15 minutes which did work well.

Most pleasing; my F9 and CF got 27 and 24 goals respectively in all competitions. It's been a very long time over many versions that my strikers have scored that many. I would normally rotate the ST's a lot more than I did this season.

As a tactic it's pleasing on the eye as well with regards attacking movement.

Top, top tactic Mr U Rosler. :thup:

Archived