FM14: Liverpool F.C Thread - This Year is our Year!

cezar.sl

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm having a disaster at the minute. Just been sacked after going 7 games unbeaten, I lost 4-1 to City and I promised the board a better result in the next game. I drew 0-0 with Sunderland Away and they gave me the axe.

That sounds a bit like a bug. How many points did you take from those 9 games?

Finished the first season, and a couple of bad results against hull and sunderland (both of whom were relegated) meant i dropped to 6th but i'm in the euro cup which was my main goal at the start of the season.

i've made a couple of new signings for the new season, Victor Valdes, Luke Shaw, Will Hughes (i actually signed him at the start but loaned him back to derby for the season) and Gabriel Barbosa. I've also found a top quality argentinian fullback who is only 15, but can't sign him because he can't get a work permit (didn't you used to be able to sign players even if they couldn't get a work permit, and loan them out? is that still possible?). He has 5 star potential, and at the moment is available for less than £1.5mil as he hasn't signed a pro contract yet so i'd love to sign him now if possible.

i've set my sights a little higher this year, wanting to get a top 4 finish and get into the champions league.

How are people getting on with developing sterling and ibe, im kean to see how they develop say 3/4 years on if anyone has any screenshots. As i am going to play the 5-3-2 formation and retrain them to play centrally, and want to see if theyd develop suitably to play there

thanks

just set up a link with genk, and tried again to sign him, this time he got the work permit, so the deal has gone through and he'll be joining me on his 18th birthday (there must be a similar rule to that in brazil where players can't move abroad until their 18th birthday). by the time he gets here he'll probably be good enough to go straight into the first team in place of glen johnson.

How are people getting on with developing sterling and ibe, im kean to see how they develop say 3/4 years on if anyone has any screenshots. As i am going to play the 5-3-2 formation and retrain them to play centrally, and want to see if theyd develop suitably to play there

I got some 3rd season screenshots, i'll try to remember to post them this evening when i'm home.

Neither is really playing for me though. Sterling is on loan at Stoke (not really lighting it up) and i'm not even sure on Ibe. He's not on the first team radar. He's probably on loan.

Would say that people posting screenshots of young players a few years on is fairly irrelevant as everyone can develop a player in a different way.

As I started with transfers disabled, I only got some free transfers. Released some unimpressive reserve/youth players.

Franco Zuculini : Cover for Lucas. Young, might turn out good.

gw4zIIr.png

Anthony Reveillere : A good RB, as I don't have like for like replacement for Johnson.

S12IKY7.png

Yossi Benayoun : Can play all across midfield and is a great tutor (model pro).

HowqVky.png

If i bought players in season 1 id get a backup to Mignolet since Jones is crap TBH Mignolet isnt good enough for 1st choice going by his stats & another striker if you play 2 apart from that happy with the squad

Started again last night, didn't want to get too attached to my save as i'm going to start again when the full game comes out (also i was struggling in second season down in 16th after 10 games).

I'm struggling on deciding on a formation, the last save i tried 3 at the back in a 3-2-2-1-2 formation with wingbacks, but was leaking too many goals and not creating enough good chances. i'm tempted to revert to 4-4-2 which has done me well in past versions of the game but it can be quite dull to watch and i've heard that 3 at the back can be done in fm14. Also, with Agger, Skrtel, Sakho, Toure, Kelly and Wisdom at the club it seems a waste to only use 2 of them. I'm also struggling to figure out how to use Coutinho as i'd maybe like to play him behind a lone striker or front 2 but suarez also looks to be a good fit for that position so i'd be interested to see how people are using the attacking players that liverpool have available to them.

and finally for now, what are peoples views on luis alberto? does he have a future? i personally don't like attacking players with low teamwork, and as creative as luis alberto is, his low teamwork seems to rule him out from my lineup. am i right about that? or should i overlook his low teamwork and find a place for him in the team?

Started again last night, didn't want to get too attached to my save as i'm going to start again when the full game comes out (also i was struggling in second season down in 16th after 10 games).

I'm struggling on deciding on a formation, the last save i tried 3 at the back in a 3-2-2-1-2 formation with wingbacks, but was leaking too many goals and not creating enough good chances. i'm tempted to revert to 4-4-2 which has done me well in past versions of the game but it can be quite dull to watch and i've heard that 3 at the back can be done in fm14. Also, with Agger, Skrtel, Sakho, Toure, Kelly and Wisdom at the club it seems a waste to only use 2 of them. I'm also struggling to figure out how to use Coutinho as i'd maybe like to play him behind a lone striker or front 2 but suarez also looks to be a good fit for that position so i'd be interested to see how people are using the attacking players that liverpool have available to them.

and finally for now, what are peoples views on luis alberto? does he have a future? i personally don't like attacking players with low teamwork, and as creative as luis alberto is, his low teamwork seems to rule him out from my lineup. am i right about that? or should i overlook his low teamwork and find a place for him in the team?

Try something like this :

mvWIlOA.png

As for Alberto, a lack of teamwork/workrate can sometimes be a plus on a creative attacking player. He'll make more use of his flair if he's selfish, and will always be available for a pass after someone else wins the ball, because he doesn't close down as much.

Try Nicola Leali For Keeper.

Luke Shaw for LB and Emre Can for DM..

3 young future stars.

Yeah, I was considering Luke Shaw. Enrique will probably continue as no.1 for now as he has been ridiculously good for me with 6 goals, 8 assists and an average rating of 7.96.

I will probably get Will Hughes and loan him back to Derby for a season as well, hopefully he can take over from Gerrard in a couple of years.

I loaded up the FM14 game but was disgusted with some of the player data that was "researched" so will wait until the editor is up and running since the hell will freeze over before any official work is done.

You only need to check "Data" forum to know that.

Oh well.. Looking forward on getting this on the road but will definately wait...

Archived