FM14: Liverpool F.C Thread - This Year is our Year!

cezar.sl

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know the answer to the following question is likely to be "it depends", but...

What values should i be looking for in terms of player attributes when aiming to finish in top 4 in premier league. I ask because i've always aimed for 16 or above for key attributes where possible, but i'm wondering if this is too ambitious. also, i ask as very few players in the liverpool team come close to this level.

should i be setting my sights a little lower, both in terms of my targeted league position and the quality of players i'm looking for. I've never been a tactical genius, able to take an average team to glory, and always have to rely on players ability to hide the weaknesses in my tactics, so i'm finding it hard to know what i should be looking for.

if anyone has any suggestions, or just wants to share how they approach things, that would be much appreciated.

Took the plunge and am downloading as I type. Looking forward to using a bigger database than the demo and actually get good/better coaches to replace the starting ones. As well as an infinitely better ass. manager!!

Not sure how I'm gonna play my formation. I normally favour one up front with Coutinho/Alberto behind and 2 wingers and a CM and DM. Will have to see. Probably gonna sell Johnson for about £20m and sell Henderson and Allen.

I've found that in the demo, Aspas has better stats overall than I would have thought and he may be one of my better strikers as I couldn't get Sturridge to score at all!

Probably get in many youngsters that you guys have. Balana, Barbosa but I've also scouted a great deal of other players on the demo, so need to do all of that again but that is the beauty of the game, scouting and finding gems that other people might not know about, but that being said, found many players due to what people have said, but need to stop doing that I feel, I dunno lol. But will see.

Tempted to sell Agger (sold him for £20m in the demo to Man City) & Skrtel and get Balana and Doria or something. Probably get Alex Sandro for about £11m but also need some RB cover, maybe that free veteran Revelleiere (spelling) and some others but Kolo and Wisdom can cover that area.

Will need to tinker with the tactics alot more though.

Looking forward to playing!

Suarez and Sturridge are not good enough at finishing in this game for me. Only 15 and 10 goals respectively. Finished my first season in 2nd, 5 points behind Man U. Going to go after Jackson Martinez most likely, but anyone else have any other strikers they've had success with, even in the beta?

Very Interesting reading on this thread. Seems like a pretty mixed bag in terms of frustration, success and, sustained success -(which is reassuring for me).

I had a fairly rough pre-season in my game with low scoring wins, a draw and a defeat 0-1 to Bayer Leverkusen.

However, after tinkering with my formation over my first few league games P6 W1 D3 L2 I think I am finally turning the corner.

Signings include Honda (£1.2M), Javi Garcia (Loan), David Santon (£10M), Will Hughes (bought and loaned back).

I did not sell any players but have canceled the Cissokho loan and let some of the younger players go out on loan.

As I said, after some tinkering I think I have turned a corner. My last game was a dominant 3-0 home win against league leaders Arsenal. (Suarez, Luis Alberto 2 - Sturridge 2 assists)

My formation is (now) as follows:

SGK

CWB CB BPCB CWB

HB

DLPM APM

IF IF

DLF

I have tried to model things on Barca ticky-tacky football, so 60% + possession is a must and having the 3 central midfielders hitting 70-90 passes per game. I finally achieved this against the gooners, and am confident that I can push on from here and make a challenge for the title in my first season.

My early season efforts with 3 at the back were heartbreaking but, again, having read of some success stories here, I think I will persevere with a view to having that as my go to back up tactic.

Looks like SI have cracked down on the high transfer fees

Don't think so. Still got £20m offer for Johnson. But I got a £7m for Skrtel and about £8m for Hendo. Sold Allen for £8m.

Just try lowering the price by £500k or £1m each time there's no buyer, usually does the trick and then think about whether it's worth it if you get an offer.

Bought Fm2014 yesterday after having a nightmare on Fm2013. No matter what I did I always got sacked by xmas. Tried Fm 2014 demo and the same thing happenned. Read through all the hints on here, team guides,partnerships etc and took about an hour before even playing a game to get everything sorted. Now I am top of the league beating arsenal away,and suarez just scored 4 in a 5-1 away win at sunderland. Just shows do your homework and prepare and the game turns out fantastic. Thanks for all the hints and tips on here.

I have been able to sell Johnson for £27 million.

Sold Suarez for £44 million (although a majority of it was over four years, which I don't mind)

Sold Lucas for £40 million (again, majority over four years)

A bit drastic I know, hah. But I can get Leandro Damiao for a tenth of Suarez's price and again, looks potentially world class. £40k/week with a £1.1 million loyalty bonus too.

I have Kyle Walker lined up as a replacement for Johnson (younger, and better and can only get even better) and his wage shouldn't be that bad at all really. It's just his loyalty bonus and agent fee that'll probably screw me over. But he is available for £13.5 million, I believe.

As for Lucas' replacement? Maybe Lars Bender of Levekusen for ~£22 million and around £80k/week. He's pretty much everything what Lucas is, but is much, much more physically imposing.

I might sell Skrtel and buy Balanta as rotation with Sakho, loan out Wisdom for a season and see how he develops.

At the moment, I don't have any solid save down. I'm busy experimenting with transfers and tactics, but I'm enjoying this game so far. :)

Looks like SI have cracked down on the high transfer fees

Don't mind the high transfer fees as it unrealistic to think you'd get 15m for skrtel but 7-8m should be a fair amount.

Sort of feel like I'll end up with a squad of 40 players as it's a struggle to get realistic bids

Like city enquire about Lucas and I quote 40m with his value at 24.5m - they then bid 18.5m!

But I bid 10m over a players valuation and I get quoted another 25m on top of that bid

Leandro Damiao is injured 2-3 months. Is Lars Bender even interested?

He isn't injured at the start of my save. Hmm.

and yep! Both down the middle for interest in transfer and loan, I'm experimenting on how much I can buy him for and his contract now.

Pissed off set up my tactics & staff then my game crashes took me a hour as well :(

:(. I'm also afraid of that so every time I'm doing something like scouting and stuff, I just save it every now and then, just incase!

I just traded Hendo for Jese. Gave £5m + Hendo for him since Madrid were interested in him for some reason lol.

Season 1, August Update

Matches

Preseason results don't mean much. Played a lot of reserves and in the Estudiantes game Mignolet got sent of with no keeper on the bench.

In serious matches, I'm 3/3.

PKTned2.png

Signings

Franco Zuculini

Cover for Lucas. Low wages. Might get some money for him in a year or two.

LFmlM9p.png

Anthony Reveillere

Cover for Johnson and a great player on his own.

VdsZMGW.png

Yossi Benayoun

Cover for all the midfield. Model pro tutor.

by19DJ4.png

Keisuke Honda

Joining in January. Great free player.

09PJu36.png

i will when i get a hang of this windows 8 lol new to it also not a fan of it either cant find a start button, but anyways im playing as my main tactic 4-2-3-1, mig,john,l.shaw,sakho,agger,koke,gerrard,moses(insideforward) sterling(winger), Suarez (complete striker). i know not the best of starting 11s but not that bad where i should be 18th. also tried 5-2-3 with same results. Think im going to start again try improve my wide areas think thats my weak point, also cant get suarez to score many at all or sturridge :(

Season 1, September Update

Matches

Dropped 4 points in the league. The Man City loss was disappointing, as I was 2-0 up at halftime, but 3 magic goals later I was losing.

Suarez is back from suspension, but hasn't scored yet. Not worried, Sturridge is doing well.

qX1wFSA.png

In my first 4 league game I've conceded to the first shot on target every game and had 8-9 shots that have beaten the keeper but hit the woodwork or miss completely

Mignolet, for me, is excellent at saving shots. Everything else ...

Being playing a couple of Liverpool games since the beta came out a few weeks, and really struggled. Today, i started another game and was doing really well.

My main formation i am using is 4-1-2-1-2.

I have signed:

12/7/2013 Yassine Benzia Olympique Lyonnais £7M

1/8/2013 Javi García Man City Ln Fee £120K p/m

29/8/2013 Koke Atlético £12.75M

1/1/2014 Keisuke Honda CSKA Moscow Free

1/1/2014 Angel Correa San Lorenzo £3.5M

Total £23.27M

I have loaned out/sold/released:

Date Person To Fee

12/7/2013 Samed Yesil Paderborn Loan

17/7/2013 José Manuel Reina Napoli £9.75M

18/7/2013 Andre Wisdom Middlesbrough Loan

23/7/2013 John Flanagan Charlton Loan

23/7/2013 Raheem Sterling Celtic Loan

25/7/2013 Tiago Ilori Peterborough Loan

29/7/2013 João Teixeira Walsall Loan

17/8/2013 Marc Pelosi Dag & Red Loan

22/8/2013 Lloyd Jones Exeter Loan

2/9/2013 Adam Morgan Scunthorpe Loan

2/9/2013 Yalany Baio Dag & Red Loan

17/9/2013 Jordon Ibe Bradford Loan

19/9/2013 Ryan Fulton Newport Co Loan

21/10/2013 Daniel Trickett-Smith Mansfield Loan

10/11/2013 Ryan Fulton Morecambe Loan

Total £9.75M

I was sitting top of the league up until november, winning big games, still in the cup, until Gerrard got injured for 3 months, and then Suarez also got himself injured for 3 months.

My form has really dipped after that. I am now sitting 4th in the league, and i am just at the start of the new year.

I have been really impressed with Benzia, who i did not expect to be starting many games, but has came on a few times and rescued a point and also started in a good few others. He will be a real good player eventually i think.

I have not been impressed with with Koke, very average performances from him, anybody got any tips how to use him, then let me know

Javi Garcia on loan has been a great signing, usually starts most games as someone is injured or suspended. I also play Henderson, but dont use Allan much. Agger and Sakho are my centre defenders, and i have Johnson playing complete wingback position, with Enrique just defending and helping out the defence. It usually works.

I think I would still be top if Gerrard and Suarez did not get injured

Aspas has done really well for me as well, but been real disappointed with Sturridge, he simply is not scoring.

I would show screenshots, but for some reason is not working on Windows 8, again, if anyone can help, please let me know. I have pressed prt sc, but it only copies what is on the screen behind Fm. I am using Steam, so don't know if it is windows 8 or steam that is the problem. Anyway, I am enjoying this Liverpool game, and will be at least happy with finishing top 4 now

Being playing a couple of Liverpool games since the beta came out a few weeks, and really struggled. Today, i started another game and was doing really well.

My main formation i am using is 4-1-2-1-2.

I have signed:

12/7/2013 Yassine Benzia Olympique Lyonnais £7M

1/8/2013 Javi García Man City Ln Fee £120K p/m

29/8/2013 Koke Atlético £12.75M

1/1/2014 Keisuke Honda CSKA Moscow Free

1/1/2014 Angel Correa San Lorenzo £3.5M

Total £23.27M

I have loaned out/sold/released:

Date Person To Fee

12/7/2013 Samed Yesil Paderborn Loan

17/7/2013 José Manuel Reina Napoli £9.75M

18/7/2013 Andre Wisdom Middlesbrough Loan

23/7/2013 John Flanagan Charlton Loan

23/7/2013 Raheem Sterling Celtic Loan

25/7/2013 Tiago Ilori Peterborough Loan

29/7/2013 João Teixeira Walsall Loan

17/8/2013 Marc Pelosi Dag & Red Loan

22/8/2013 Lloyd Jones Exeter Loan

2/9/2013 Adam Morgan Scunthorpe Loan

2/9/2013 Yalany Baio Dag & Red Loan

17/9/2013 Jordon Ibe Bradford Loan

19/9/2013 Ryan Fulton Newport Co Loan

21/10/2013 Daniel Trickett-Smith Mansfield Loan

10/11/2013 Ryan Fulton Morecambe Loan

Total £9.75M

I was sitting top of the league up until november, winning big games, still in the cup, until Gerrard got injured for 3 months, and then Suarez also got himself injured for 3 months.

My form has really dipped after that. I am now sitting 4th in the league, and i am just at the start of the new year.

I have been really impressed with Benzia, who i did not expect to be starting many games, but has came on a few times and rescued a point and also started in a good few others. He will be a real good player eventually i think.

I have not been impressed with with Koke, very average performances from him, anybody got any tips how to use him, then let me know

Javi Garcia on loan has been a great signing, usually starts most games as someone is injured or suspended. I also play Henderson, but dont use Allan much. Agger and Sakho are my centre defenders, and i have Johnson playing complete wingback position, with Enrique just defending and helping out the defence. It usually works.

I think I would still be top if Gerrard and Suarez did not get injured

Aspas has done really well for me as well, but been real disappointed with Sturridge, he simply is not scoring.

I would show screenshots, but for some reason is not working on Windows 8, again, if anyone can help, please let me know. I have pressed prt sc, but it only copies what is on the screen behind Fm. I am using Steam, so don't know if it is windows 8 or steam that is the problem. Anyway, I am enjoying this Liverpool game, and will be at least happy with finishing top 4 now

I use a separate app for screenshots. Check the first posts on the LFC FM13 thread.

Archived