FM14: Liverpool F.C Thread - This Year is our Year!

cezar.sl

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Lads,

Well interesting start to my save,

Players Sold -

Enrique was the only sale as Arse came in with 9.25m on deadline day.

Players Brought -

Akinfeev 7.5m

Bender 20m

Klose 3.3m

Werner 5.75m

All players brought are in starting XI.

Canceled loans off Moses & Ciss

Matches Played.

Southampton 3-1 ( Werner 3 )

Norwich 2-2 ( Werner 2 )

Scunthorpe 0-1

West Brom 2-2 ( Werner 2 )

I'm sitting 6th at the moment, only 3 points from 1st-12th. Leaking easy goals which is a problem. Scoring goals has been the job off just one BOY 17 year old Werner has all 7 goals

scored so far ( leading golden boot by 3 goals ) Klose hasnt managed goal yet but has 3 assists and playing well.

Sorry if this post is hard read

Just about to start 1st league game of the season, with injuries galore!!

I have signed the following players, mostly youngsters, as I don't like to mess about the first team squad too much.

Massimo Bruno

John Souttar

Youri Tielemans

Keisuke Honda

Alberto Cerri

Richairo Zivkovic

I probably wouldn't have signed Honda if it wasn't for the injuries I have. Nobody has left the team apart from some youngsters on loan.

Following players currently injured.

Gerrard

Coutinho

Sakho

Johnson

Kelly

Enrique

Mignolet

Sterling

Moses (Just getting back to fitness)

Add to this Agger is on his way out. Man City made an offer for him, which I declined. He then had a strop that I refused to let him talk to them, and requested a transfer, which I had little choice to accept, as he's refusing to talk to me. Wanted to remind him of the tattoo

on his knuckles but couldn't find the option!

Not the best start, but on the plus side, unbeaten during pre-season, and first 5/6 fixtures all look fairly winnable, so here's hoping!!

Absolutely ridiculous that I was forced to sell Skrtel for £3m in order to get rid of him and his wages. In the demo I was able to sell him for £8m which is more reasonable imo. Slightly annoyed. Same with selling Sturridge for about £13m.
This may Help http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/369016-Lower-offers-than-players-original-price

Absolutely ridiculous that I was forced to sell Skrtel for £3m in order to get rid of him and his wages. In the demo I was able to sell him for £8m which is more reasonable imo. Slightly annoyed. Same with selling Sturridge for about £13m.

Would you pay £10m for Skrtel?

Don't expect the AI to make stupid transfers.

Would you pay £10m for Skrtel?

Don't expect the AI to make stupid transfers.

Never said anything about the AI making stupid transfers. But the fact that I was able to sell him for higher in the demo compared to the patch for the full release is worrying and annoying. It's a discrepancy which shouldn't be there/happening. Besides, £3m is too low, compared to £8m.

Hi Guys Just Started Liverpool save i have not Posted on Here Since FM11 are some of the Old Regulars still posting on here lfc7,Glenn,Staf9,Stevie_G_32201,

Transfers

1a8773f5-29ed-44d2-940f-2b31f1aecfcf_zps98caa156.jpg

I'm using This Tactic at the Moment

Untitled1_zpse40f531c.jpg

Played 4 Games so far

Won Swansea 2-0

Lost Arsenal 3-1

Lost Ipswich 1-0 cup

Won Sunderland 4-2

I've been reading, not been posting as much as i used to these days but i'm still about.

Never said anything about the AI making stupid transfers. But the fact that I was able to sell him for higher in the demo compared to the patch for the full release is worrying and annoying. It's a discrepancy which shouldn't be there/happening. Besides, £3m is too low, compared to £8m.

His value is £8m at the start of the game.

If you transfer list him and don't play him, it will drop to around £6m.

I think it's reasonable that offers for a transfer listed player, who is quite old and on high wages are at half his value.

To me, this is more realistic than before.

Can some one recommend a good DM to play as either Back up to Lucas or take his place please?

Signed Leonardo Damiiao for 3.4 Million and got Verratti from PSG for 6.5 mill up front and 10 mill over 48 months.

javi garcia from man city on loan. does a great job

His value is £8m at the start of the game.

If you transfer list him and don't play him, it will drop to around £6m.

I think it's reasonable that offers for a transfer listed player, who is quite old and on high wages are at half his value.

To me, this is more realistic than before.

While I understand what you're saying, I offered him as soon as I took over the job, so his value is £8m. I do get that he's old but he's still a pretty good defender and has high wages (part of the reason that I want him gone tbh). But £3m is no where near his value, is what I'm trying to say. And in the demo, I was able to sell him for about £8m, or thereabouts, can't remember the actual price, but higher than £3m for sure.

Try Reveillere. he's free.

Hello. Is there such a thing as a 'free' player anymore? In my short career(s) so far, with a 0 trans budget, I was still unable to buy free agents because of the transfer costs that have to come out of the transfer budget, so I had to sell first.

Also is Luke Shaw worth 30m? Southampton don't seem to want to shift on this. MCity bought Lucas for 30m but refused to pay 20m for Agger

Hello. Is there such a thing as a 'free' player anymore? In my short career(s) so far, with a 0 trans budget, I was still unable to buy free agents because of the transfer costs that have to come out of the transfer budget, so I had to sell first.

Also is Luke Shaw worth 30m? Southampton don't seem to want to shift on this. MCity bought Lucas for 30m but refused to pay 20m for Agger

When signing free players, set the Loyalty bonus and Agent fee to 0.

Re: Luke Shaw. He might be worth 30m some day, but in the first year he's not better than what you have, and you don't have that kind of money to spend. But keep an eye on him, his price might drop.

Being playing a couple of Liverpool games since the beta came out a few weeks, and really struggled. Today, i started another game and was doing really well.

My main formation i am using is 4-1-2-1-2.

I have signed:

12/7/2013 Yassine Benzia Olympique Lyonnais £7M

1/8/2013 Javi García Man City Ln Fee £120K p/m

29/8/2013 Koke Atlético £12.75M

1/1/2014 Keisuke Honda CSKA Moscow Free

1/1/2014 Angel Correa San Lorenzo £3.5M

Total £23.27M

I have loaned out/sold/released:

Date Person To Fee

12/7/2013 Samed Yesil Paderborn Loan

17/7/2013 José Manuel Reina Napoli £9.75M

18/7/2013 Andre Wisdom Middlesbrough Loan

23/7/2013 John Flanagan Charlton Loan

23/7/2013 Raheem Sterling Celtic Loan

25/7/2013 Tiago Ilori Peterborough Loan

29/7/2013 João Teixeira Walsall Loan

17/8/2013 Marc Pelosi Dag & Red Loan

22/8/2013 Lloyd Jones Exeter Loan

2/9/2013 Adam Morgan Scunthorpe Loan

2/9/2013 Yalany Baio Dag & Red Loan

17/9/2013 Jordon Ibe Bradford Loan

19/9/2013 Ryan Fulton Newport Co Loan

21/10/2013 Daniel Trickett-Smith Mansfield Loan

10/11/2013 Ryan Fulton Morecambe Loan

Total £9.75M

I was sitting top of the league up until november, winning big games, still in the cup, until Gerrard got injured for 3 months, and then Suarez also got himself injured for 3 months.

My form has really dipped after that. I am now sitting 4th in the league, and i am just at the start of the new year.

I have been really impressed with Benzia, who i did not expect to be starting many games, but has came on a few times and rescued a point and also started in a good few others. He will be a real good player eventually i think.

I have not been impressed with with Koke, very average performances from him, anybody got any tips how to use him, then let me know

Javi Garcia on loan has been a great signing, usually starts most games as someone is injured or suspended. I also play Henderson, but dont use Allan much. Agger and Sakho are my centre defenders, and i have Johnson playing complete wingback position, with Enrique just defending and helping out the defence. It usually works.

I think I would still be top if Gerrard and Suarez did not get injured

Aspas has done really well for me as well, but been real disappointed with Sturridge, he simply is not scoring.

I would show screenshots, but for some reason is not working on Windows 8, again, if anyone can help, please let me know. I have pressed prt sc, but it only copies what is on the screen behind Fm. I am using Steam, so don't know if it is windows 8 or steam that is the problem. Anyway, I am enjoying this Liverpool game, and will be at least happy with finishing top 4 now

finished 4th. never really recovered from my dip in november/december. also, did not help with man utd winning the league by a record 96 points. chelsea nor tottenham slipped up often either

have now started the 2nd season and started well. defeated atletico madrid in champions league qualifier 3-0 away and 1-0 at home.

transfers this season so far:

Date Person From Fee

13/6/2014 Gregor Zabret Swansea £2.1M (regen i think)

22/6/2014 Éder Álvarez Balanta River £15.5M

25/6/2014 Christian Cejas River £9M (regen)

2/7/2014 Jonathan Silva Valencia Mestalla £5.25M

Total £31.82M

Date Person To Fee

8/6/2014 Jerome Sinclair Rangers Loan

13/6/2014 Jack Robinson Preston Loan

14/6/2014 Jack Dunn Plymouth Loan

14/6/2014 Oussama Assaidi Aston Villa £2.8M

16/6/2014 Raheem Sterling Leeds Loan

17/6/2014 Fabio Borini Arsenal £5M

18/6/2014 Ryan McLaughlin Hearts Loan

23/6/2014 Suso Brighton Loan

28/6/2014 Lloyd Jones Morton Loan

30/6/2014 Conor Coady Free Transfer Free

30/6/2014 Craig Roddan Free Transfer Free

30/6/2014 Jakub Sokolik Free Transfer Free

30/6/2014 Brad Smith Free Transfer Free

30/6/2014 Adam Morgan Free Transfer Free

30/6/2014 Jordan Lussey Free Transfer Free

30/6/2014 Yalany Baio Free Transfer Free

30/6/2014 Villyan Bijev Free Transfer Free

30/6/2014 Marc Pelosi Free Transfer Free

30/6/2014 Ryan Crump Free Transfer Free

30/6/2014 Ryan Fulton Free Transfer Free

30/6/2014 Stephen Sama Free Transfer Free

30/6/2014 Kristoffer Peterson Free Transfer Free

1/7/2014 Daniel Ward Inverness CT Free

6/7/2014 Andre Wisdom Wigan Loan

7/7/2014 Jordon Ibe Ipswich Loan

8/7/2014 Martin Kelly Stoke £3.5M

11/7/2014 Samed Yesil Bournemouth Loan

19/7/2014 John Flanagan Tranmere Loan

22/7/2014 Michael Ngoo Kilmarnock £100K

24/7/2014 Tiago Ilori Huddersfield Loan

6/8/2014 Nacho Huertas Mansfield Loan

6/8/2014 Luis Alberto Norwich £2.5M

27/8/2014 João Teixeira Accrington Loan

27/8/2014 Daniel Trickett-Smith Accrington Loan

Total £13.82M

starting xi

GK Simon Mignolet GK Good 95% 7.05

DR Glen Johnson D ® Good 78% 6.95

DCR Inj Éder Álvarez Balanta D (LC) Fairly Good 72% 7.37

DCL Mamadou Sakho D © Very Good 81% 7.83

DL Jonathan Silva D/WB (L) Good 81% 7.40

DM Lucas Leiva DM, M © Fairly Good 94% 7.50

MCR Keisuke Honda M/AM © Good 86% 6.95

MC Jordan Henderson M (RC) Good 83% 6.75

MCL Steven Gerrard M/AM (RC) Good 93% 7.70

STCR Luis Suárez AM (RLC), ST © Very Good 82% 7.45

STCL Yassine Benzia ST © Good 92% 7.25

Angel Correa has been coming on more often, also scored a late winner, he looks like he is going to be a great player. Benzia also looks like he is going to be a great player

The biggest difference this season from last is that i am doing my own training. Instead of letting my assistant do it, my players seem to be more happy and certainly can notice a difference setting your own training. A lot easier to do the training in this version that it has in the past.

Gabriel Barbosa joins my team at the end of August for £5m, and nearly signed Pepe, but his wages far outweighed the need for him. Mezut Ozil handed in a transfer request, but I am about £10m out my budget, would be a perfect signing as well

I'll need to work out how to do screenshots.

Gonna turn on transfer budgets this time & clear out my staff most likely ill make 2 or 3 signings a WB on the right side & a striker

Had to start again myself. Going with a 433 formation this time. First 3 PL games are city, Chelsea & Spurs so might not last too long on this save either

Signed

Hughes (Loaned back to Derby)

Reveillere

Fierro

Koke

Honda (Joining in January)

Only Sold Lucas wasnt gonna sell him but Man city bidded 24mill couldn't turn it down now i have all positions covered Koke agreed to go to Monaco but they had no money made another bid & signed him hoping this will be my long term save fingers crossed

Happy with the players i s

Hey folks, I don't know about you but i'm finding this years game more challenging but enjoying, but a few things really annoying me:

1 - Injuries are a joke....no matter what training intensity I give the player... long term injuries to Gerrard, Enrique, Johnson, Agger, Aspas, Coutinho (twice),Toure and niggling injuries for Suarez/Sturridge/Moses

2 - Mignolet as mentioned can't catch a cold in this game.... he has 19 for one-on-ones but seems to let any other type of shot in! Agreed a pre-contract with Igor Akineev in Jan.

I started played using our current real life formation 3-5-2 or 3-4-1-2 but it was really poor, but now have switched to a 4-1-2-1-2 which seems to be working much better - 8 straight wins, 2nd in the league behind united by a point and I've just started the first week on Jan. But am very lucky to be up there, as a lot of the wins have been fortunate or narrow. Apart from Everton which was a 4-1 thumping which led to Martinez getting sacked ;)

The summer was about recruiting young talent that will develop into key players in the future as money is tight, so recruited Balanta,Werner, Tielemans, Barbosa, Doria, Honda.

Sold Lucas Leiva to Man City for 37m and replaced him with Matic (12m) from Benfica. Stupidly forgot to check his stamina as I was impressed by his mental attributions and it is only 9!!!!!!!! So, will sell in the summer to get someone who is able to play more than 1 game a week!

Hopefully I can secure a top 4 place, and push to sign Luke Shaw as LB and strength my Midfield and attack.

Any recommendations for DM/CM and strikers that are ready to play straight away? May be a Winger too as Moses will go back.

Hey folks, I don't know about you but i'm finding this years game more challenging but enjoying, but a few things really annoying me:

1 - Injuries are a joke....no matter what training intensity I give the player... long term injuries to Gerrard, Enrique, Johnson, Agger, Aspas, Coutinho (twice),Toure and niggling injuries for Suarez/Sturridge/Moses

2 - Mignolet as mentioned can't catch a cold in this game.... he has 19 for one-on-ones but seems to let any other type of shot in! Agreed a pre-contract with Igor Akineev in Jan.

I started played using our current real life formation 3-5-2 or 3-4-1-2 but it was really poor, but now have switched to a 4-1-2-1-2 which seems to be working much better - 8 straight wins, 2nd in the league behind united by a point and I've just started the first week on Jan. But am very lucky to be up there, as a lot of the wins have been fortunate or narrow. Apart from Everton which was a 4-1 thumping which led to Martinez getting sacked ;)

The summer was about recruiting young talent that will develop into key players in the future as money is tight, so recruited Balanta,Werner, Tielemans, Barbosa, Doria, Honda.

Sold Lucas Leiva to Man City for 37m and replaced him with Matic (12m) from Benfica. Stupidly forgot to check his stamina as I was impressed by his mental attributions and it is only 9!!!!!!!! So, will sell in the summer to get someone who is able to play more than 1 game a week!

Hopefully I can secure a top 4 place, and push to sign Luke Shaw as LB and strength my Midfield and attack.

Any recommendations for DM/CM and strikers that are ready to play straight away? May be a Winger too as Moses will go back.

I think injuries at Liverpool seemed to be an issue on last years save as well for some reason. I am not sure if this is coded into the game or what, but many people in the LFC thread seemed to have more complaints about excessive injuries than in any other threads about the game. Gerrard in particular, for someone who played the entire of last season pretty much niggle free, is injured all the time!!

With regards to Milognet it is tricky, IRL he has been OK but not amazing and IMO he was never exactly 'world class' before he joined us. I suppose it is a case of getting your coaches training him and see how he develops, you do still have Reina back next season don't forget after his loan deal expires.

When signing free players, set the Loyalty bonus and Agent fee to 0.

Re: Luke Shaw. He might be worth 30m some day, but in the first year he's not better than what you have, and you don't have that kind of money to spend. But keep an eye on him, his price might drop.

Thank you.

I give up too many goals where the other team will just pounce on a loose ball in the box. I'm mainly running a 4-1-2(CMs)-2(Wingers)-1. I'd like to do a 4-2-3-1 but i always get torn up by the oppositions number 10. Luis seems to be underrated in this game as does Sturridge.

If any of you are looking for a good DM, specifically to play the Half back role, check out Sven Bender. Was my player of the season my first year.

Apparently there is an issue with the full backs in this game and I think thats part of the reason I give up goals in the box now that I think on it. The other team's wide players constantly beat my fullbacks either on the dribble or with a cross. I guess the formation I run only hurts even more because my wide players, outside of the full backs, are too high up the pitch to help.

Anyone here play using a 4-1-2-1-2 formation, looks like it could be a good formation for liverpool

Yeah. A lot of people tried the 3-4-1-2 / 3-5-2 / 3-2-3-2 (with WBs), but that's a hard formation to get right. And our players don't help. The squad is a 4-3-3 squad.

Archived