FM14: Liverpool F.C Thread - This Year is our Year!

cezar.sl

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just use LFCMarshall's update in the meantime.

He's done some ridiculous upgrades though, like 20 stamina and natural fitness for Henderson (although deserved) :lol:

c165629ac897a4b8a89e9ea749d770b9.png

Just got the Park the Tank achievement with a default squad. Martin Kelly is keeping Sakho out of the first 11 at the moment.

I just use LFCMarshall's update in the meantime.

He's done some ridiculous upgrades though, like 20 stamina and natural fitness for Henderson (although deserved) :lol:

c165629ac897a4b8a89e9ea749d770b9.png

Just got the Park the Tank achievement with a default squad. Martin Kelly is keeping Sakho out of the first 11 at the moment.

Tell us a little more on how you play/set up etc?

Reina was dreadful for me. I trusted his loyalty for the club and made his first choice after his loan at Napoli, and repaid me by conceding 18 in 16, 6 of which were mistakes leading to goals. Mignolet no better. Just signed Valdes in November so he's pushed Reina all the way down the pecking order and is currently on the transfer list for £9M, as of yet no bids.

It's now the 10th of January, and the only remaining first team players are Sakho, Lucas, Henderson, Allen, Coutinho, Sterling, Suarez & Borini with a few youngsters coming along nicely. Sat 2nd, just a couple of points behind leaders Chelsea who walked away with the league last season. Finished 1st in my CL group which was made up of Lyon, FC Twente & Benfica - so fairly easy.

Suarez injured for 3 months, shame as his return was 15 goals from 15 apps, but Borini has more than stepped up to the plate, and currently has 13 from 11 starts (9 sub).

Tell us a little more on how you play/set up etc?

Reina was dreadful for me. I trusted his loyalty for the club and made his first choice after his loan at Napoli, and repaid me by conceding 18 in 16, 6 of which were mistakes leading to goals. Mignolet no better. Just signed Valdes in November so he's pushed Reina all the way down the pecking order and is currently on the transfer list for £9M, as of yet no bids.

It's now the 10th of January, and the only remaining first team players are Sakho, Lucas, Henderson, Allen, Coutinho, Sterling, Suarez & Borini with a few youngsters coming along nicely. Sat 2nd, just a couple of points behind leaders Chelsea who walked away with the league last season. Finished 1st in my CL group which was made up of Lyon, FC Twente & Benfica - so fairly easy.

Suarez injured for 3 months, shame as his return was 15 goals from 15 apps, but Borini has more than stepped up to the plate, and currently has 13 from 11 starts (9 sub).

I'm currently using this as a basis of my tactics at the moment. Same formation, fluid philosophy instead of rigid and counter/contain on away games and some different shouts. When I get home, I'll post my tactical set up, I'm currently at work. :)

In all honesty though - I think I'm just lucky this version. I had a sensational season with another tactical set-up earlier, and that was with transfers, but this seems to be an even better save so far, albeit using a pre-made tactic as a basis, but I never "plug and play" those tactics because I test thoroughly for flaws in them during pre-season.

Regarding Reina, I haven't liked him for quite a few versions now. In '10, he was great but after that, I have sold him on because he tends to have a high value. He looks really good, but he is on £90k/week and the kind of wage should be reserved for a player who is guaranteed first team football.. We'll see though, maybe I can keep him and rotate a little next season.

omg, morale plays such a HUGE impact in this game.

I cant seem to get my players morale up either... i was undefeated in 3 games and won all but one friendly even beating PSG 1-0.... my morale is still poor and fairly poor..... only Gerrard has good morale and he's injured. I just got beat 4-1 by Crystal Palace... i had 18 shots 6 on target, they had 12 with 6 on target... Disgrace as Sturridge scored one, but should of had 3 or 4 alone.

Uh, wow, what a season I've just had.

Second Season Transfers

Transfers in: Ben Davies (8m), Bruno Martins Indi (14m), Gino Peruzzi (25m), Victor Valdes (0m)

Transfers out: Sturridge (6m), Aspas (6m), Johnson (1.5m), Skrtel (750k)

Strongest Starting XI

4.jpg

So as you can see, a pretty much brand, spanking new back line & goalkeeper, I was scared it would take a while for them to settle, and it did - mainly because my tactics were not spot on. I think, if i can remember after 12 games I was struggling in 6th - but the more my tactics became fluid, but more importantly I was able to bring Valdes in which was pivotal as my form improved drastically.

Competitions?....OK.

Premiership

5.jpg

Carling Cup

6.jpg

FA Cup

7.jpg

Champions League

8.jpg

Absolutely fantastic, right? Notably the home results against Chelsea & Bayern in the Champions League. It was a shame I couldn't complete the quadruple after a disappointing draw to Cardiff, but this was before I was able to alter my tactic with thanks to JD in the tactics forum.

Star Players

Luis Suarez was in exceptional form before he tore his hamstring chasing a lost ball, which sidelined him for 3 months - he ended the season with 22 goals & 7 assists in 44 appearances. He won the European Champions Cup Best Player.

Jordan Henderson was unbelievable. 10 goals and 24 assists. Won the English Footballer of the Year award.

Fabio Borini was asked to replace Suarez and he took his chance, scoring 25 in 25 and setting up 8 in the process.

Raheem Sterling is coming along nicely, ousted Bruno on that right wing towards the end of the season, scoring 14 and setting up 8.

So yeah, a fairly decent year lol. I will keep you all updated.

Oh, and of course, I won Manager of the Year.

On an unbelievable winning streak at the moment, thought that was going to come to an end against Manchester United.

Decided try something completely different and used counter attacking football with offside trap and a defensive back five (Lucas as a half back is basically a third centreback, it's a really good tactical role)

38acd8e3d1b2a6684e502c3ab969e898.png

Ending up doing this..

681276c53e42dd9083e9cedb4323ee24.png

Has anyone had it where you are currently on a five win streak, and your morale is STILL fairly poor? I just beat spurs 3-1, morale go's up to good, then before the next match its back down to fairly poor.

What are you doing with your post teamtalk / press conferences? I tend to have an assistant manager with high motivation stats and leave him do the boring pre and post media BS and I'll take care of the more important ones to ensure moral stays high at all times.

Sabine, you're doing awesome especially for the first year - most, if not all tend to struggle ridiculously with it.

Third season then, pre-season over, 5 games in, 0 losses. I was a little worried, Monaco got the ball rolling with a £35M bid for Coutinho. Considering his performances and lack of desire towards how I wanted him to play, I decided to accept which allowed me £111M to spend. A great opportunity to improve my squad drastically - realistically I am set for 5-6 years now and won't need to spend stupid amounts of money on any players.

My main struggle was accepting that Henderson & Allen underperformed, and for me to really force myself as the top team in the world I needed to improve those two positions, so I did.

You're probably thinking why I didn't buy a world-class striker, but there was no need, I have all the faith in the world that Borini can do a job up top for me, and he's proven his worth so far with 5 goals in 4 games.

9.jpg

10.jpg

i was giving the correct speaches as i was constantly getting GREEN, but somehow it seemed like that had no impact.

How does Suarez score?? lol he is so poor for me, just 1 goals in 8 or so games. 3 1on1's against Norwich... missed them ALL!

also i noticed the classic, X scores his first goal of the season... this constantly happens to me.

Even though I am getting massive transfer budgets now, I'm really not spending much since I'm getting at least one ridiculous offer per transfer window now.

Selling Luciano Vietto for 45M for Bayern. Nice 35M profit on him after two seasons. Also sold Ryan McLaughlan for 17.5M to Spurs.

Worst part this transfer window though has been dealing with the 169 loan offers between 6 players. I'm very selective about loans so it took a while.

Nice one Blah, do you recommend Vietto? i have been looking at him but dunno if his potential on my game would be as good on yours.

Yeah he's a good, very pacy striker. Does a job. I wouldn't have sold him but I have heaps of younger players coming through that play the same role.

Sabine, as you're concentrating on youth, I highly recommend you take the time to progress Sinclair, the guy is 19 and is currently looking like this;

sinclair.jpg

Oh, I know. He's having a stormer of a season for a 16 year old so far. His attributes have absolutely shot up because of game time and tutoring by Suarez.

096d1a810cb723adbe136cab19de1708.png

Sabine:

Can you please show you team instructions in full? :)

Often tempted to create exactly that tactic with Treq and SS but has never had great succes with it.

Any personal instructions?

I'm sorry, I deleted that tactic when I was migrating computers because it wasn't saved anywhere, it was just made for that match. But the other two instructions were exploit the middle and hassle opponents.

If you were to make a tactic like that for a long term sort of thing, I would put the trequartista in the lone striker role, a shadow striker behind and a box-to-box or DLP/Defend in the central midfield position.

For anyone interested in the tactic that I am using, it is this tactic, but I have done a few personal changes which probably don't make much of a difference anyway (DLP/D to DLP/S, a couple of goalkeeper individual instructions, changed set pieces and amended some problems with yellow cards in the game for example). I can't take much credit because the basis of the tactic is basically this, same formation, similar roles and the sort. But I would definitely try that tactic out as a plug and play - it was just as good in a test run I did before. :)

How are you using him?

I have him currently as an AF as according to my staff it's his best position, I have used him as a F9, and CF, it's not that he's doesn't get chances, it's that he gets loads but just can't score!! Missing absolute sitters and clear cut one v ones

I have him currently as an AF as according to my staff it's his best position, I have used him as a F9, and CF, it's not that he's doesn't get chances, it's that he gets loads but just can't score!! Missing absolute sitters and clear cut one v ones

I used him as a CF, with an AP behind him on the left and a W on the right, he was banging them in- yes he misses sitters, i'd say only scores 1 out of 4 chances but my team offer him the chances and that's why he's scored a few. Currently got him as an IF(A) on the left and he's scored 22, just past Feb so far.

I'm sorry, I deleted that tactic when I was migrating computers because it wasn't saved anywhere, it was just made for that match. But the other two instructions were exploit the middle and hassle opponents.

If you were to make a tactic like that for a long term sort of thing, I would put the trequartista in the lone striker role, a shadow striker behind and a box-to-box or DLP/Defend in the central midfield position.

For anyone interested in the tactic that I am using, it is this tactic, but I have done a few personal changes which probably don't make much of a difference anyway (DLP/D to DLP/S, a couple of goalkeeper individual instructions, changed set pieces and amended some problems with yellow cards in the game for example). I can't take much credit because the basis of the tactic is basically this, same formation, similar roles and the sort. But I would definitely try that tactic out as a plug and play - it was just as good in a test run I did before. :)

Oh, I thought you used this tactics, when you got the Park the Tank achievement. :)

Were you doing that with your old 4-3-3 with Anchorman?

Oh, I thought you used this tactics, when you got the Park the Tank achievement. :)

Were you doing that with your old 4-3-3 with Anchorman?

Haha oh no, that tactic I showed is a terrible defensive tactic because of all the space in the middle of the midfield.

Yep!

Funnily enough, the instructions between the two tactics are very similar if you look back. I got to 9 in a row but then I had the misfortune of playing Man City anyway.

Next stop: Immovable force achievement! :lol:

Haven't done as many updates as I wanted due to limited playing time and just wanted to get through the season

Finished season 2014/15: 4th (1 point ahead of Everton)

FA Cup: Winner (Man Utd)

League Cup: Semi-Final (Stoke)

Thought the worst was going to happen as in the second game of pre-season Suarez (current English Footballer of the year and Top Goalscorer) broke his leg, so I luckily managed to sign Negredo on loan but he really didn't do great (10 Games 3 Goals by the time Suarez was fit again) but that did give me chance to play Sinclair a bit managed 3 goals in 3 starts and 5 sub appearances (also the goal that helped me finish 4th).

My team for that season was:

Valdes

Peruzzi

Sahko

Khacheridi

Enrique

Lucas (DM)

Coutinho (CM)

Gerrard/Ward-Prowse (CM)

Gomez/Kono (RW)

Griezmann (LW Loan from Barca)

Suarez/Negredo/Sinclair

Suarez ended the season as Top Goalscores (suprsingly after breaking his leg), Rodrigo Gomez pitched in with 9 leagues goal (Mata got 8+ 2014/15 Player of the year) would recommend him to everyone, started very poorly and the fans said he wasn't good enough, but as soon as Suarez returned he turned it on.

Would have added a couple of screenshots but my laptop won't seem to let me will prints creen the desktop no matter what I'm doing very frustrating

I just started what I intend to be virtually my final save on this years version of the game, with Liverpool today. Just a couple of questions, firstly why is Sheyi Ojo a central midfielder, thought he was a striker? And more importantly, why on earth is Suarez's ban STILL in the game, it expired long ago in reality, and I would have hoped SI would have removed it but obviously not.

I just started what I intend to be virtually my final save on this years version of the game, with Liverpool today. Just a couple of questions, firstly why is Sheyi Ojo a central midfielder, thought he was a striker? And more importantly, why on earth is Suarez's ban STILL in the game, it expired long ago in reality, and I would have hoped SI would have removed it but obviously not.

Because you're still starting the same season. In which Suarez was banned for the first few games. Not hard to understand really.

Archived