FM14: Liverpool F.C Thread - This Year is our Year!

cezar.sl

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coming into the Semi Finals of the Champion's League, the first tie was against Real Madrid. When I looked at their squad, I noticed one thing: THREE of their main players (Casillas, Ronaldo and Aguero) were banned/injured (along with Modric and Jese). I was a little optimistic but then I remembered that this is Real Madrid and they have steamrolled their way to this stage.

I decided to play a deep 4-4-2, with a half back and a ball winning midfielder in the defensive midfielder positions and play a control/rigid game with short passing, low tempo and basically carry the ball around the pitch as much as possible.

The result?

2e59f6a252f820577baba12904f83e2a.png

Game on. :D

Got a 32 million pound offer for Hendo summer after 1st season. I'm really reluctant to selling him but 32 million is a lot of money -.- Anyone getting more for him later?

Don't sell.

Keep him until he retires.

Especially if you tutored him and he has high determination/professionalism.

Any people willing to give me some advice in regards liverpool never done a save with them and thought it would be fun so mainly wait formation to play and what team instructions and player roles to give certain players but any help would be greatly appreciated

Any people willing to give me some advice in regards liverpool never done a save with them and thought it would be fun so mainly wait formation to play and what team instructions and player roles to give certain players but any help would be greatly appreciated

This is a good starting tactic.

yV1lUvi.png

Real Madrid at home and they have their big scary players back. Decide to play 4-2-3-1 with two CMs as BWM/D, Suarez as a shadow striker, the wide men as wide target men and of course, a false 9 up top.

The result? The same as before, actually. :D

4a9cb113a494342c4b7757b0fe8db9d2.png

3dbf0828039204113e25873010f7695f.png

Barcelona had a nightmare in terms of suspensions and injuries and I don't really feel all that impressed about winning. But a win's a win, and I'll definitely take it. :D

edit: This is their squad. Why the hell was Hernandez on national duty over the bloody Champion's League final? Absolute madness.

I was just about to come on and ask for a tactic as I can get no consistency at all!!!

Defending half decent in this game is impossible...

I finished the second lowest goals conceded in the Premiership with Blackburn, in the second season, first season in the Premiership. While it's hard, it's certainly not impossible to be solid defensively.

I'm going to be a bit more brief this time around because I'm tired and there's not much to say, other than developmental stuff.

Business as usual. I would say I'm disappointed with any sort of aspect of the league, but let's be honest, it can't be any better.

Dominated the offensive stats.

Results (1) (2)

Domestic Cup Results

Player Stats

Sterling is by far my favourite player to ever grace this game series. What an amazing set of statistics. For anyone who wants to know, definitely play him as a supporting winger of some sort instead of a inside forward, he absolutely tears teams apart.

Champion's League Results

I must say that I used a completely different tactical set up for Champion's League games. This was experimental because I didn't want to stick to the one tactic. Apart from the semi finals and final, I used this tactic, with certain tweaks depending on the opponent.

I will be using the Champion's League next season as a way to get Jerome Sinclair into the first team and sell Suarez the season after.

Here are some developmental comparisons. I will use this post as a guide.

Jordan Rossiter: End of Season 1 - End of Season 2

Jerome Sinclair: End of Season 1 - End of Season 2

Harry Wilson: End of Season 1 - End of Season 2

Jordon Ibe: End of Season 1 - End of Season 2

Raheem Sterling: End of Season 1 - End of Season 2 (Look at that value! :D)

And finally, Ian Lightfoot, who I will be bringing into the first team squad this season: End of Season 1 - End of Season 2

My main goal now for the next season is to get the wage budget as down as possible and then secure the future of some of the younger players.

Will also be looking to creating a tactic in order to get less goals conceded but maintain the awesome attack that we had last season.

From personal experience, with all my tactics that i use in FM 14, i ask the defence to drop deeper as a team instruction. If i play push higher up, 2 or 3 times a game the opposition will play a long ball over the top and with slowish defenders such as Skrtel and Agger, it means they'll get 2 or 3 clear opportunities a game... The only time i push higher is if i'm chasing a game with like 10 mins to go, time to go for broke.

Summary

Seeing how/developing players is one of my favorite parts of the game, enjoy comparing how my players have developed to others aswell.

Does anybody find that playing youngsters for stretches of games, rather than the odd games here or there, develop them better? EG. 'XX Has been showing remarkable improvements in training due to regular first team football etc.' Lets say the games are equal but instead just spread out.

What does your Flanno look like cause I'm about to release mine on a free, alot of 14/20's for key FB stats and preferred Kelly as Johnson's backup.

Seeing how/developing players is one of my favorite parts of the game, enjoy comparing how my players have developed to others aswell.

Does anybody find that playing youngsters for stretches of games, rather than the odd games here or there, develop them better? EG. 'XX Has been showing remarkable improvements in training due to regular first team football etc.' Lets say the games are equal but instead just spread out.

What does your Flanno look like cause I'm about to release mine on a free, alot of 14/20's for key FB stats and preferred Kelly as Johnson's backup.

I love overseeing the development of academy players. I play saves where I try and get as little transfers as possible in, as it's a lot more satisfying than anything else. This version of the game has the best Liverpool squad I have seen since the Mascherano/Xabi Alonso/Luis Garcia days.

Yeah, playing the youngsters for more than say, 20 games in each of the first couple seasons brings their development up astronomically.

The main way to develop a player is to tutor them in the first season (or unless like Rossiter and Sinclair, have a CA of around 95 - 100 at the start of the game, give them game time), then in the second season, try and fit them into as many first team games as possible, whilst tutoring/training player preferred moves.

As for my John Flanagan, he's sensational. Far surpassed Glen Johnson now, and played 43 games last season, scoring 3, assisting 6, with a pass rate of 80%, and an average of 5.64 tackles per game. He is prone to getting a lot of yellow cards, but that's because of his Dives Into Tackles PPM, which he probably got from Mamadou Sakho.

Here is a screenshot of him; 3.5*/4*

03caff331992c3e48d24cdeb3e9ae5ba.png

Starting my first game with Liverpool since the update. Good to see a fair few players have had their attributes upgraded. I love building a football philosophy into a club, something I didn't really do on my last game with Liverpool, despite having a lot of success. I like a lot of styles of football, on 13 I turned Arsenal from a free flowing, short passing possession team into a team of physical monsters, wingers getting the ball into the box. A fun save. However with my new Liverpool save I'm going to introduce Gegen pressing to Liverpool. Will update soon. Overhauled the back room staff though.

The local council blocked my plans..

Actually, come to think of it, my stadium expansion is only in the "planning" stage and it could get cancelled within the year anyway. Boo.

f9e3005496820697750020b554b4a60a.png

So I have a bit of a dilemma..

I already have Sterling and Jordon Ibe who are English and already far beyond good enough for the first team. But so is Suso.. and he is better than Ibe.

Here is a screenshot for you guys:

8e013898511acfb04e11941ddbc2185b.png

Ps: I have no idea why I highlighted his attributes for a deep lying playmaker. :lol:

I'm going to be a bit more brief this time around because I'm tired and there's not much to say, other than developmental stuff.

Business as usual. I would say I'm disappointed with any sort of aspect of the league, but let's be honest, it can't be any better.

Dominated the offensive stats.

Results (1) (2)

Domestic Cup Results

Player Stats

Sterling is by far my favourite player to ever grace this game series. What an amazing set of statistics. For anyone who wants to know, definitely play him as a supporting winger of some sort instead of a inside forward, he absolutely tears teams apart.

Champion's League Results

I must say that I used a completely different tactical set up for Champion's League games. This was experimental because I didn't want to stick to the one tactic. Apart from the semi finals and final, I used this tactic, with certain tweaks depending on the opponent.

I will be using the Champion's League next season as a way to get Jerome Sinclair into the first team and sell Suarez the season after.

Here are some developmental comparisons. I will use this post as a guide.

Jordan Rossiter: End of Season 1 - End of Season 2

Jerome Sinclair: End of Season 1 - End of Season 2

Harry Wilson: End of Season 1 - End of Season 2

Jordon Ibe: End of Season 1 - End of Season 2

Raheem Sterling: End of Season 1 - End of Season 2 (Look at that value! :D)

And finally, Ian Lightfoot, who I will be bringing into the first team squad this season: End of Season 1 - End of Season 2

My main goal now for the next season is to get the wage budget as down as possible and then secure the future of some of the younger players.

Will also be looking to creating a tactic in order to get less goals conceded but maintain the awesome attack that we had last season.

This is really quite outstanding, not just Sterling's performances but also Suarez and Sturridge.

Do you mind sharing posting a screenshot of the one you used to get those three to perform like that.

With regards to your champions league one, do you not worry that it wont be as effective for Sterling as there are two IF roles rather than a supporting Winger? Or do you change for when he is in the lineup?

This is really quite outstanding, not just Sterling's performances but also Suarez and Sturridge.

Do you mind sharing posting a screenshot of the one you used to get those three to perform like that.

With regards to your champions league one, do you not worry that it wont be as effective for Sterling as there are two IF roles rather than a supporting Winger? Or do you change for when he is in the lineup?

Suarez's performance could've been better, funnily enough. He had a small goal drought (five games without a goal) at one point, so he could've easily hit around 58 - 60.

e5f30863f36a895ecb0d1b96c346948e.png

There's the tactical screenshot. I do tweak a lot though, depending on opponent. This is the tactic I went for at the start of last season, more attacking but less defensive. Against strong sides away, I change to either control or counter, things like that. I also have tweaked a lot of player instructions, BUT, the instructions for the two false nines never change:

850508f7ef52d1966de57d37eb0bbd8f.png

As for Sterling, I do play him as an inside forward on the right, but in a supporting role. Coutinho on the left is basically there to cause chaos and act mainly as the third striker.

94a53fb5a947e48faf57705d15050120.png

That is the instructions for the defensive wingers. Very straight forward. :)

Also take note that despite playing a short passing, possession style tactic, the attacking four players and the DLP are set to direct passing because they act as creators and are the ones designed to grab assists.

Archived