FM14 Comes to PLAYSTATION VITA - Play Home and Away - OUT NOW!

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The football manager twitter tweeted a couple of hours ago saying there would be news very soon.

Guess it depends on the definition of soon

I can't find this tweet anywhere - from the @FootballManager account?

Last tweets I saw from that account were on the 24th about the FMH Winter Transfer Update.

I can't find this tweet anywhere - from the @FootballManager account?

Last tweets I saw from that account were on the 24th about the FMH Winter Transfer Update.

@FootballManager: @chelsea1913 @GEVANS83 Apologies, I thought you were discussing FMH. We will have Vita news very soon. Thanks for your patience.

At 11.24 today

Quick question from China......

Does the Europe only release date mean that it will be unavailable for download on the Asian playstation stores until after this date or does it only apply to the boxed version of the game?

Here's a tweet by Miles regarding outside of Europe:

Miles Jacobson ‏@milesSI 3h

Good news. #FMC14 on Vita will be released on April 11th in Europe. Don't know about outside Europe yet. Expect screenshots @footballmanager

4:49 PM - 26 Mar 2014 · Details

When tweeted about North American release:

Nader El-Chaar ‏@nelchaar 15m

@shahidkamal is FM Vita releasing in North America? And if so, any dates set? I see @milesSI confirmed the release date for EU.

Miles Jacobson ‏@milesSI 3m

@nelchaar @shahidkamal Yes, it is being released. No, we don't have a firm date yet. Should have one soon.

7:52 PM - 26 Mar 2014 · Details

He was also asked about the price and stated he makes games, doesn't sell them.

Fantastic news!

Further details posted here: http://www.sigames.com/news/14343/FMC14+for+PS+Vita+release+date+confirmed

Screenshots: http://www.footballmanager.com/lang/en_GB Click the game then PS Vita

So excited for this. I have a few questions:

Can I run other apps alongside, such as TuneIn?

How much storage is required?

Thanks

I'm over the moon after hearing about the release date, I'll be sick as a parrot until I actually have the game in my hands, but at the end of the day I'm sure that everyone involved has given 110%, so after the wait it's onwards and upwards from now on

So is it worth it that's the masive massive question now (including buying console of course) and will it be updated for winter window.

hmmm a real tough one, whats battery power like by the way given at home theres no real point playing it.

I can play games like Persona for 4 hours, so there will be no problem with FMC I suppose.

The important question is the one about the logos and player pictures for me.

How much memory we talking?

I have a 4GB stick, or at least I think I do, because it came with it but I cannot physically see it anywhere although it tells me there is just under 4GB available.

Will that be sufficient for the game alone?

If you can install the facepacks and kits that would be stunning but that would require obviously a bigger memory card and to be honest is a side issue for me. The game releasing is the important part!

I can play games like Persona for 4 hours, so there will be no problem with FMC I suppose.

The important question is the one about the logos and player pictures for me.

I advise all Vita owners to play this game. So good.

Anyway, I would be interested to find out to what extent we can customise the Vita game in line with the comments above. Online too would be next level.

I am really looking forward to this.

Could someone tell me what difference this will be to the mobile version apart from the 3d match engine will it be the same?

It will be massively different - it is essentially the PC / Mac version of FMC, which is far more comprehensive than FMH.

From the limited information to hand, all I know is that you can't run as many nations simultaneously on Vita as you can on PC / Mac (so cross saves between the platforms will need to stick to the three nation limit), but the screenshots look very much like FMC.

In the link below, click "The Game" at the top, then Playstation Vita, scroll down and click on Screenshots.

http://www.footballmanager.com/lang/en_GB

It will be massively different - it is essentially the PC / Mac version of FMC, which is far more comprehensive than FMH.

From the limited information to hand, all I know is that you can't run as many nations simultaneously on Vita as you can on PC / Mac (so cross saves between the platforms will need to stick to the three nation limit), but the screenshots look very much like FMC.

In the link below, click "The Game" at the top, then Playstation Vita, scroll down and click on Screenshots.

http://www.footballmanager.com/lang/en_GB

The three nations thing is a problem for me.

I can see that point of view, but the Vita can't presumably can't handle a greater volume of data than that, so the line has to be drawn somewhere.

Thats probablt true, It would be fine if I just played on the VIta but not for a PC save.

Thats probablt true, It would be fine if I just played on the VIta but not for a PC save.

I though the same originally, but what it means is that you could load all the divisions in (as an example) France, Germany and Italy, and start at the bottom of either of those countries and you're set for number of seasons.

To be honest, I usually ditch a save after ten or so seasons, so if I do get a Vita for this, I'll just start a new save when I get bored, perhaps loading Brazil, Argentina and Uruguay for the next save.

It perhaps doesn't lend itself to a globe-trotting journeyman save over 40 seasons, but it still potentially represents a huge step forward in portable FM playing.

I though the same originally, but what it means is that you could load all the divisions in (as an example) France, Germany and Italy, and start at the bottom of either of those countries and you're set for number of seasons.

To be honest, I usually ditch a save after ten or so seasons, so if I do get a Vita for this, I'll just start a new save when I get bored, perhaps loading Brazil, Argentina and Uruguay for the next save.

It perhaps doesn't lend itself to a globe-trotting journeyman save over 40 seasons, but it still potentially represents a huge step forward in portable FM playing.

I thinks it'll be more dependent on if i can have a large database with internationals etc loaded. Player count would be more important than nationas to me.

I thinks it'll be more dependent on if i can have a large database with internationals etc loaded. Player count would be more important than nationas to me.

You can already get an idea of how it will work from within FMC on your PC / Mac.

As soon as you take of the Three Nation limit, a warning appears to state that it will disable cross save functionality.

You can already get an idea of how it will work from within FMC on your PC / Mac.

As soon as you take of the Three Nation limit, a warning appears to state that it will disable cross save functionality.

Yeah, I already play FMC so will have a look what the limits are when I boot it up again. Vita will be great for me as we've got a new arrival in the house and I haven't touched FM in 3 months!

Yeah, I already play FMC so will have a look what the limits are when I boot it up again. Vita will be great for me as we've got a new arrival in the house and I haven't touched FM in 3 months!

Like I said before, I'm 99.9% certain that you have to stick to the 3 nation limit for Cross Save functionality.

That suggests to me that just FMC on the Vita in isolation is limited to that number.

Congratulations on the new arrival! My latest addition isn't even that new (one in a week or so), and she still keeps me awake. Lots :(

Like I said before, I'm 99.9% certain that you have to stick to the 3 nation limit for Cross Save functionality.

That suggests to me that just FMC on the Vita in isolation is limited to that number.

Congratulations on the new arrival! My latest addition isn't even that new (one in a week or so), and she still keeps me awake. Lots :(

Don't tell me that! To be fair he's only 3 months but is in his own room and wakes up once in the night around 4 most nights.

@RTHerringbone

Really excited about this release. Do you think there will be a multi-player option?

@RTHerringbone

Really excited about this release. Do you think there will be a multi-player option?

I've no idea I'm afraid - I know as much as you!

I'm eagerly awaiting some hard facts about it, which will hopefully be forthcoming soon with the imminent release date confirmed.

I'd assume that copies of the game will be circulated to selected game reviewing publications (it may already have happened), so hopefully we'll be able to see some reviews in the coming days.

I've no idea I'm afraid - I know as much as you!

I'm eagerly awaiting some hard facts about it, which will hopefully be forthcoming soon with the imminent release date confirmed.

I'd assume that copies of the game will be circulated to selected game reviewing publications (it may already have happened), so hopefully we'll be able to see some reviews in the coming days.

Thanks for your reply mate.

Will definitely be getting it, but multi player would be a killer feature!

Nope I've come to the conclusion that it isnt really worth getting console/game due to timing let alone having got fmc on pc. It's a bit like the xbox1 and fifa, I have it for 360 and just didnt see the point in "upgrading" for that so i think the same for this. However like xbox/fifa, come fifa 15 then yes I will probably go for it and so given FMC15 is released for vita in say November then yes you know what I'll be doing.

Repaet. If you say me/us if,where and size of logos. player pictures and kits then i start for create them. please let us known, please!!!!!!

I would better play without those logos, player pictures etc. for it only takes valuable space and I have all that on my PC when i get home. So dont need that on the Vita tbh.

Nope I've come to the conclusion that it isnt really worth getting console/game due to timing let alone having got fmc on pc. It's a bit like the xbox1 and fifa, I have it for 360 and just didnt see the point in "upgrading" for that so i think the same for this. However like xbox/fifa, come fifa 15 then yes I will probably go for it and so given FMC15 is released for vita in say November then yes you know what I'll be doing.

You're missing out, next gen versions of FIFA are a massive improvement.

I have owned a Vita for some time regardless of this anyways, so I will defo be picking it up :)

Any word on whether it's a worldwide release? Please tell me I don't have to import a UK physical version to be able to play here in the States...

Also, do we know if the graphics are editable (even limited like in FMH)?

You're missing out, next gen versions of FIFA are a massive improvement.

QUOTE]

Not many others have said that, whats so much better about it?

Anyway not that I'll now go and get xbox one now but yes Sept-Nov could be expensive for me.

@RTHerringbone

I just had a look at the FM Manual:

PLAYSTATION®VITA, MULTI-MANAGER, ONLINE, AND INTERNET PLAY

Football Manager™ 2014 isn't just for single user play; it supports multi-user, online, and on the move play.

Archived