[FM 13.3] USA Expansion v1: MLS, NASL, USL PRO, PDL, NPSL, NCAA

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone tell me how to go about making this database myself? I never used the editor before let alone the advance editor lol.

I am asking because I want to create a database like this but without adding NCAA (I rather do it myself since it may be too much to ask Paul to release a separate version without the NCAA)

Reading the thread on last year version, it seem NCAA created headaches plus I would rather just have college players playing in the PDL (which didn't receive many players because the U23 players were in the NCAA) since they can not play in both NCAA and PDL like in Real Life. I want the pipeline of talent to come from Regen > Academy > PDL > Pro League (since Non MLS academies get youth intakes now) instead of Regen > NCAA > Pro.

Hope I don't come off as rude which is not my intent. I am sure this mod is great for those that like the setup. I'm just looking for something a little different and I think you guys can help me figure it out since you (Paul) have created an awesome mod.

Was also thinking if affiliating NCAA teams with PDL teams would players move between these leagues during the off seasons? have anyone tried this?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

OK I'm through a second season now. Managed a different side this time as looking to set up a career game. So far no crashes or freezes. However the games does have a tendency to slow down almost to a crawl when processing. But I feel as if that is more likely to be down to my terrible laptop :)

When you think it's sound, let us know. There are some changes that need to be made. For example, the PDL has added and lost some teams, and they've realigned and even added a division as well. Plus I'd like to incorporate some of the coming expansion.

I've been trying to contact Aljarov a few times over the last week regarding a version for Fm14. I have an NCAA master file with all teams added based on 2013 conference alignment, plus a head coach for each, histories, rivalries, favourites, awards etc. For Aljarov, I was preparing individual files which were to be merged with files others had worked on, unfortunately however I discovered that these files were unusable (the files show no failed changes on their own, but multiple and serious failed changes after a merge). I can't say yet how reliable this master file will be if merges need to be done.

I've spent much more time on the NCAA side of things this year, with over 32k changes going through each team one by one trying to get kits more accurate, correct attendance info and such.

It will be interesting to see what changes the data update brings and I hope that one way or another an update can be done because the MLS without the NCAA only tells half the story.

Paul, you're very good with this kinda of thing, the fantastic work aside, have you or anyone for that matter found a way to expand the MLS without losing rules, draft etc? Or without losing everything at least.

To be honest I haven't really ever put much effort into trying it. I got the MLS expanded and managed to keep the all-star game working but the drafts never took place.

Would love to see this available for FM14 if i can help in anyway let me know.

the FM13 file works for FM14. Now, it is playable, but idk for how long. I only got through a season and it worked just fine. And, idk what it may lack due to it being a FM13 file, not a FM14 file.

For those asking about an expanded MLS, here is what I had working http://www.mediafire.com/view/bn59p2126tnfqf5/MLS22.xml

This has NYC, Orlando and Miami added to MLS. All-Star etc still works but drafts will not take place.

I just noticed MLS rivalry cups don't work either but thats because I didn't add code to new MLS.

I don't think there is anyway to get the drafts to work, but maybe somebody knows better.

Great work Paul, thanks a lot. By the way is it possible for us to be able to expand this ourselves and add other things to the nation rules, say relegation or add more teams to the MLS!

In theory it should be but I've never tried. What you would need to do is make sure the basic rules in the xml for the MLS (starting line 52 in the xml) match what you have set in the advanced rules for MLS. By that I mean the max and min number of teams and number of teams relegated. As long as use_game_rules (in line 54) is left at value="active_comp", the game thinks the official MLS rules are being used.

Then in the advanced you should be able to change what ever you want to the format of the MLS.

Hope that makes sense.

For those asking about an expanded MLS, here is what I had working http://www.mediafire.com/view/bn59p2126tnfqf5/MLS22.xml

This has NYC, Orlando and Miami added to MLS. All-Star etc still works but drafts will not take place.

I just noticed MLS rivalry cups don't work either but thats because I didn't add code to new MLS.

I don't think there is anyway to get the drafts to work, but maybe somebody knows better.

have you added the cups paul :) could you add 2014 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_International_Champions_Cup

paulgerty, thanks for this...Have diffferent question, how hard would it be to do following change,\:

1. Change Chivas USA to NY Cosmos ( I can do this, easy I know)

2. Move NY Cosmos to East Conference.

3. Move Houston to West Conference

Can this be done with out breaking anything? Only way I have figured was to rename Houston to NY Cosmos, then reanmce Chivas to Houston. This would entail lots of work with Logos, kits, records etc...trying to avoid this.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello,

Do you accept requests? you can add the Portland Timbers and the Vancouver Whitecaps in MLS without removing the clubs that are already in the league, or the MLS on FM 2011 contains 16 teams in 2011 but now has 18 clubs competing in the league, I want if possible do is just add the 2 clubs do not need to make many changes only add these clubs still play FM 2011 and I can not find any patch that solves this problem and also I am not able to do with the advanced editor.

Already grateful for your help, thank you!

Archived