[FM 13.3] USA Expansion v1: MLS, NASL, USL PRO, PDL, NPSL, NCAA

As I suspected, those youth players are aged 17 to 19 and Academy teams seem to be releasing everyone on free-transfers anyway, so it doesn't really make the division any more playable. For example, in 2017, despite starting in 2013 with a full squad of players, albeit overage, most Academy teams have only 3-5 players on their squad, those who were generated that season. The rest are all greyed out.

The players don't seem to get drafted, probably because the players in the NCAA are of better quality.

Perhaps I may leave it like this though as at least it increases the number of American regens.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something odd I noticed about Portland, who I am playing. It seems the Portland-U23 team owns the stadium, and Portland pays a "nominal" fee to play in it. As such the stadium seems to be deteriorating since the U23 team can't afford the upkeep on it. Is there a reason it is set up like this?

Something odd I noticed about Portland, who I am playing. It seems the Portland-U23 team owns the stadium, and Portland pays a "nominal" fee to play in it. As such the stadium seems to be deteriorating since the U23 team can't afford the upkeep on it. Is there a reason it is set up like this?

That's how it is in the default database, I seem to remember someone posted this bug somewhere. I can change it though, I wonder why it was set like this.

I noticed that unaffiliated teams are being inserted into a couple NCAA divisions in my game. This is running it without any other files, LA Legends and Cal FC are in the NCAA

Is it the NCAA DI division (the big group stage) or one of the conferences, and if so which conference? Only LA Legends and Cal FC?

Even though you say you're not running any other files, I would advise clearing the cache. I had to do this today myself as even though I was only selecting my USA file I was getting conflicts until I closed FM down and cleared the cache.

Odd, wonder why they did that. If you are releasing another version, a fix to that would be great, so Portland can actually maintain its stadium!

I have already made that change to my master version so it will be included in the next release, which will only include some minor changes, mostly to the US Development Academy. Still need to test that some more.

Is there a way for you to stop teams from turning semi-pro?

Managing Gonzaga and UC-Santa Barbara went semi-pro in my save.

Still, great work nonetheless. :)

Unfortunately this doesn't seem to be possible, hopefully SI will include an option in future versions to make it possible to set a team as always amateur. I've set contract types for division and all teams, but alas some NCAA teams do still turn semi-pro or pro.

OP updated with version 1.2 which includes the following changes:

-Amended Kléberson squad number while on loan at Philadelphia

-US Developmental Academy teams moved to old ADL division to enable youth players intake*

-US Developmental Academy teams updated for 2012-2013 season plus Union Academy, Cosmos Academy, Phoenix FC Academy and Olney-Bethesda

-minor tweaks to improve US Open Cup (mostly 2013 version)

-Ownership of Jeld-Wen Field set as Portland Timbers first team

US Developmental Academy teams now all get an intake of youth players at the beginning of the season. Unfortunately because of the way its hard-coded, almost all of these players will be over age. This means that the teams will release them as free transfers. This means there are a few more US players generated, whether it improves the file or not is difficult to judge. In testing, usually only one or two drafted players come from the Developmental Academy, the vast majority still come from NCAA teams.

As these changes are rather minor, especially when playing higher levels, starting a new game if you're well into a save is probably not necessary.

USA DOWNLOAD LINK: VERSION 1.2 http://www.mediafire.com/?304ah70f3dk3ocs

Question: How do I go about starting the game in 2013 ? I read in this thread that it was possible, but it wasn't mentioned how to set this up. When I go to start up a new game, there is a Game Start Date but the only option is "USA (January 2012)". Thanks.

Question: How do I go about starting the game in 2013 ? I read in this thread that it was possible, but it wasn't mentioned how to set this up. When I go to start up a new game, there is a Game Start Date but the only option is "USA (January 2012)". Thanks.

Load any nation which allows you to start in 2013, for example this was the primary purpose of my Canada file. Ireland also allows you to start in 2013, there are some other nations too. You can always load it in View Only mode, and even remove it once the game had loaded.

i seem to have only 8 teams in the NASL , yet in the editor it has 12 teams listed in the league , am using version 13.3.3 anyone know why this is happening ?

Ottawa, Indianapolis and Virginia begin play in 2014, while Puerto Rico Islanders (are due to) return. Hence, 8+4 will give 12 from the 2014 season on.

FYI, Indianapolis team name will be announced later today.

2062002434.png

2062002434.png

I'll make the change to the team name etc soon, I've done the Guinness International Champions Cup but haven't tested yet so once I do that I'll update the master US file and graphics. In the meantime these two images can be downloaded and just replace the old graphics.

t27, I don't think any teams except the NCAA and academies get regens. It is the way the USA works in real life. The new players have to go through the MLS draft, or come through an academy. So you are basically left with undrafted "leftovers" in these leagues. Makes for an interesting challenge, since there is really no youth development per say.

Thanks for the updated Indianapolis graphics. I totally hate the team name, but the crest is pretty sweet, and I will replace the current graphics with this, since I am almost to 2014. Thanks for the updating the International Champions Cup as well. May start a new save with Indianapolis once it comes out!

Guinness International Champions Cup is it same comp world football challenge

Format will be different though, from what I can work out there won't be a group stage although I won't know until format is released. From what I can work out, based on the fact some websites say all 8 teams will play on the final days in Miami that there will be a first round of 4 games. Winners will go to semi-finals, while losers would play a so-called losers semi-final. Losers of the losers semi-final would play in seventh place play off, winners in fifth, losers of "winners" semi-final in third while the championship would have winners of semi-final.

Dunno if you are still updating the Canada file but the CSL situation has gotten pretty messy as of late due to the de-sanctioning debacle with teams taking an abeyance of withdrawing all together and going elsewhere

http://canadiansoccerleague.com/newsnet/templates/?a=693&z=5

Edit: It seems Windsor Stars have re-joined, un-clear regarding the other teams though.

sweet mod, just started using it recently.

doing decently as Florida Gulf Coast in the NCAA so far. Can't say the same as the USL Pro's Phoenix FC, the hometown team. They're terrible and I can't even get any decent loan players. Heh.

Minor update which includes:

- name change for NASL's Indy Eleven (not sure about home/away kit colours yet if anyone knows that would be great help)

- replaced World Football Challenge with Guinness International Champions Cup. At present I've set entrants as follows USA, Germany, Turkey and Spain - league winners, England and Italy - winners and runners up. Format is somewhat of a guess at this stage based on what information I could find.

- Portland Preseason Tournament added, Portland, Sweden's AIK and two other MLS teams compete.

Please inform me of any issues.

USA DOWNLOAD LINK: VERSION 1.3 http://www.mediafire.com/?uplndh7z43qu94x

Guinness International Champions Cup

two groups of four eastern and western

have you done yours like this?

I remember reading something about east/west groups but the official website for the competition says "a brand new eight team <b>bracketed</b> soccer tournament taking place this summer in the United States."

Therefore since they say it's bracketed thats how I've done it. And because they mention a 7th and 5th place playoffs I assume there must be some kind of losers semi-final which is what I've done.

Paul, quick note on some "cool things" I am seeing after playing a full year:

1. Had some academy guys who were not good enough for my team "graduate" the academy and join a college team, which was cool to see! I have them on a shortlist just to see what happens to them.

2. Saw some of the players drafted late but not do well loaned out for AI teams get transferred to NASL or USL teams, which also seems pretty realistic

3. Conversely, saw guys that did well in the lower leagues get "rewarded" by getting an MLS contract.

4. The sheer amount of players that enter the draft now that the NCAA is active is great! Makes for more work, but really gives a manager way more to do in talent evaluation, which makes the MLS such a unique league.

Still need to monitor the PDL to see if players end up joining these teams. I would imagine undrafted players should, but that doesn't seem to always be the case. The annoying "player ends up back on a college team but doesn't play because of overage" seems to happen, but that is a game thing, not a DB thing.

Thanks again for bringing the US leagues to life! Looking forward to year 2 with the Portland Timbers!

Good to hear that the file improves the experience of running US leagues for people, the default USA with just the MLS is hopelessly inadequate. Hopefully I can improve on it even further for FM14 as long as SI don't block anything.

The tournament is reported to have two groups of four: an "Eastern" and a "Western" group. It is unknown though how many teams will advance from each group to reach the championship game. The Eastern teams are Chelsea vs Inter Milan in Indianapolis and AC Milan vs Galatasaray in Europe. The Western teams are Juventus vs Everton FC in San Francisco and Real Madrid vs LA Galaxy in Phoenix.[c

The tournament is reported to have two groups of four: an "Eastern" and a "Western" group. It is unknown though how many teams will advance from each group to reach the championship game. The Eastern teams are Chelsea vs Inter Milan in Indianapolis and AC Milan vs Galatasaray in Europe. The Western teams are Juventus vs Everton FC in San Francisco and Real Madrid vs LA Galaxy in Phoenix.[c

If the fixtures do indeed turn out to be as you mentioned (the official website and twitter/facebook accounts dont give confirmation either) then it's not a traditional group stage as such.

Archived