[FM 13.3] USA Expansion v1: MLS, NASL, USL PRO, PDL, NPSL, NCAA

I'm using this update with the 13.3.0 patch and database, but I noticed Belgian U-19 coach Sandy Martens is the Reserve Team Manager at every MLS team? But when I click on him he's U-19 coach at AA Gent, like he is in real life. Anyone else noticed this?

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Name Changes

Virginia NASL - Virginia Cavalry

Ottawa NASL - Ottawa Fury

Hamilton FC Rage rebranded as K-W United FC

IMG Academy rebranded as IMG Academy Bradenton

New Jersey Rangers rebranded as NJ-LUSO Rangers FC

Palmetto FC Bantams rebranded as South Carolina United Bantams

VSI Tampa Flames (PDL) rebranded as VSI Tampa Bay FC (PDL)

MLS-USL Pro Alliance

On January 23, 2013, USL Pro announced an alliance with Major League Soccer. For the 2013 season, four MLS teams will affiliate with USL Pro teams in lieu of participating in the MLS Reserve League system. These MLS clubs will loan at least four of their reserve players to their USL Pro affiliate club for development purposes.

All USL Pro teams will play two matches each with the remaining MLS Reserve League teams. Those matches will count toward USL Pro standings, giving each team a total of 26 games.[3]

The following teams will affiliate:

Sporting Kansas City — Orlando City Soccer Club

New England Revolution — Rochester Rhinos

D.C. United — Richmond Kickers

Philadelphia Union — Harrisburg City Islanders

USL Pro teams will play MLS Reserve teams as listed below. Except for Antigua Barracuda FC (who will play two MLS reserve teams on the road), each set will be a home-and-away arrangement.

Antigua Barracuda FC — FC Dallas and San Jose Earthquakes

Charleston Battery — Houston Dynamo

Charlotte Eagles — Chicago Fire

Dayton Dutch Lions — Columbus Crew

Harrisburg City Islanders — Colorado Rapids

Los Angeles Blues — Los Angeles Galaxy

Orlando City — Seattle Sounders FC

Pittsburgh Riverhounds — Toronto FC

Phoenix FC — Real Salt Lake

Richmond Kickers — Vancouver Whitecaps FC

Rochester Rhinos — Montreal Impact

VSI Tampa Bay FC — Portland Timbers

Wilmington Hammerheads — New York Red Bulls

http://www.uslsoccer.com/home/690369.html

have you added this paul in your update

I'm using this update with the 13.3.0 patch and database, but I noticed Belgian U-19 coach Sandy Martens is the Reserve Team Manager at every MLS team? But when I click on him he's U-19 coach at AA Gent, like he is in real life. Anyone else noticed this?

I hadn't noticed this myself before, but sure enough on recent build he's everywhere. How on earth have SI not fixed this, I remember this bug being in the game years ago.

I seem to have solved the problem with the US Open Cup. Because of the way I've coded the PDL to ensure only US teams qualify for the cup, I just realized at the last minute that if somebody wasn't loading the PDL and NPSL in their saves, then the US Open Cup would be wrong as it wouldn't have enough teams. It would appear that I've done it now so that it wouldn't make a difference which leagues someone was loading, but I'll do one more long test for overkill just to be sure.

Oh, no worries Paul, was not a criticism of your setup at all which is accurate. I just see the college and some of the lower league as being active mainly for player feeding, probably not too much fun to manage in. The actual setup is accurate and great!

Thanks for the feedback, as I say even PDL and NPSL seasons are too short in games for me. New NASL format looks interesting with two split season winners meeting for final. Means the winner of the comp will have too work hard to get into SoccerBowl, while sometimes with 8 teams in a playoff a team with a mediocre league season can win the playoffs.

Version 30 uploaded and OP updated: http://www.mediafire.com/?bpbj1d9tsz4ch4f

Changes include:

- fixed start date for Spring NASL Season

- updated team names for Minneapolis United, Virginia Cavalry and Ottawa Fury

- USL PDL teams updated to 2013 format

- NPSL teams updated to 2013 format

- US Open Cup redone for 2013 season and beyond

- Ottawa Fury added to Canadian Championship from 2014 season (playing a playoff against FC Edmonton)

- some other minor changes

Please let me know if you notice any issues with this version.

Thanks to willz71172 for helping me test this release.

There are also some color mistakes. For example, Wake Forest and Central Florida are both black and gold in real life, in your DB they are both green:

jiclqofe1twyygfg6d1f.png

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTKxcUT43J3f8bm4bXxJRuOuYbmr4zo3JZ05TGyPEvq9Mi2NYbaEQ

6139_wake_forest_demon_deacons-primary-2007.png

ISTSTLULGJYGIXH.20111121030102.JPG

Also, Syracuse is more of an orange and blue:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTin9uxLwij2vKRkBJgxVkksw4CaBb1vEMNzsqkH66RcfPpTw2V

I'm not trying to nitpick, just trying to help make your file more authentic.

There are also some color mistakes. For example, Wake Forest and Central Florida are both black and gold in real life, in your DB they are both green:

Don't worry, I appreciate the help. NCAA teams were mainly based on data I did for FM11 and wasn't researched in any great detail.

Hello can u tell me :

I can start only game in 17.7.2012 in europe and 17.1.2012 in America can i have crash etc ?

All team is really ? NY are joing really to NASL ? all squad really ?

There should be no crashes.

NY Cosmos are in the NASL starting in the Autumn season in 2013. They do not play in 2012. Staff/players are added.

By the way, can you let me know with kit is home and away as it's difficult sometimes to tell from the pictures on the website's for men's soccer teams.

When is the next release coming, Paul?

You're doing a great job with this.

Can't say yet depends how much I do but next release will most likely be the final version.

So far only major difference to game code is the MLS Reserve league for 2013 and removing reserve teams for Philadelphia Union, SKC, DC United and New England.

Other changes are updating stadiums, team colours and I've begun updating some transfers for MLS, NASL and USL Pro. I won't attempt any player changes below this.

Running into a big issue with the Cosmos. Initial budget seems to be set to 400K a year, which may be in-line with other NASL clubs but is obviously far below what the actual Cosmos will be operating with. They've already signed a few players away from MLS clubs (Hunter Freeman most notably) and I know they're on far more than 48K/year.

I did a couple transfers to bring in some money to the club to try and more accurately replicate their budget. I've got a 3 million dollar annual payroll budget after the transfers, still can't offer over 52K/year. At this stage I can't even compete with other NASL clubs, let alone MLS for players, makes the campaign near unplayable.

I'm putting together a logo pack for the NCAA, the only problem is going to be that each user is going to have to manually set the config.xml themselves because the unique id's for created teams are dynamic, meaning they will change for each new game setup.

Running into a big issue with the Cosmos. Initial budget seems to be set to 400K a year, which may be in-line with other NASL clubs but is obviously far below what the actual Cosmos will be operating with. They've already signed a few players away from MLS clubs (Hunter Freeman most notably) and I know they're on far more than 48K/year.

I did a couple transfers to bring in some money to the club to try and more accurately replicate their budget. I've got a 3 million dollar annual payroll budget after the transfers, still can't offer over 52K/year. At this stage I can't even compete with other NASL clubs, let alone MLS for players, makes the campaign near unplayable.

They do have Saudi backers with $$$. They might do with having a sugar daddy.

They do have Saudi backers with $$$. They might do with having a sugar daddy.

Possibly, but they will definitely be on significantly more than 400K a year. I'm not sure if this maximum salary is something on the backend or an issue with the initial budget being set so low.

I'm putting together a logo pack for the NCAA, the only problem is going to be that each user is going to have to manually set the config.xml themselves because the unique id's for created teams are dynamic, meaning they will change for each new game setup.

I have old NCAA logos from FM11 and I've changed the id's to fit my edit, only done teams not competitions. I'll try to upload it soon.

What would you suggest for the Cosmos's starting budget. To be honest I'm not sure what figures to use when it comes to NASL and USL Pro to try and replicate them accurately so any help would be appreciated. Any info on TV money, prize money, loans etc would be great to get.

I have to add that in general contract types and demands etc are a big headache in the game in the US. Young players demand ridiculously high wages for example. Also what exactly is the situation regarding PDL teams. In the DB many of them are listed as semi-pro.

What would you suggest for the Cosmos's starting budget. To be honest I'm not sure what figures to use when it comes to NASL and USL Pro to try and replicate them accurately so any help would be appreciated. Any info on TV money, prize money, loans etc would be great to get.

I'd say starting with something comparable to an MLS budget (2.7ish range) given their ambitions, would be a good start. TV money is way up in the air. Their roster is still pretty light but they've made some signings that would break the 400K/year budget. Hunter Freeman was on 105,000 last season in MLS and was lured away from NE.

I'd say starting with something comparable to an MLS budget (2.7ish range) given their ambitions, would be a good start. TV money is way up in the air. Their roster is still pretty light but they've made some signings that would break the 400K/year budget. Hunter Freeman was on 105,000 last season in MLS and was lured away from NE.

Any idea what other clubs in NASL or USL would be like?

Any idea what other clubs in NASL or USL would be like?

I know NASL expects teams to spend 2-3 million on salaries. MN Stars had the lowest payroll in the league when they won at 1.2 million. USL Pro is trickier and varies bbut is usually in the 500K-1.1 million range, with a club with Orlando City being higher.

I have to add that in general contract types and demands etc are a big headache in the game in the US. Young players demand ridiculously high wages for example. Also what exactly is the situation regarding PDL teams. In the DB many of them are listed as semi-pro.

In real life the PDL is essentially a semi-pro league. It gives college players the opportunity to play games without forfeiting their amateur status, which they must maintain in order to play college (NCAA) soccer. That's why in FM the MLS Superdraft has always drawn from the PDL.

Impossible to replicate in this game, obviously.

Archived