[FM2013] FMUpdates EEE - England, Enhanced, Expanded *v7.4 Out Now

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm using 7.2 version and noticed the English Premier League does not have fixtures in first season (as previously stated by others),

My question is when you start the second season still using 7.2 will the Premier League have fixtures or will every season continue without them?

I understand easiest thing is to start new game using 7.4 now but I was using FM2012 and started with a small squad and when changed over to FM2013 I wanted to continue

so I recreated the entire English league (teams in current league, my teams current players and tried to add their history including previous seasons under my game) etc

Thanks

I'm using 7.2 version and noticed the English Premier League does not have fixtures in first season (as previously stated by others),

My question is when you start the second season still using 7.2 will the Premier League have fixtures or will every season continue without them?

I understand easiest thing is to start new game using 7.4 now but I was using FM2012 and started with a small squad and when changed over to FM2013 I wanted to continue

so I recreated the entire English league (teams in current league, my teams current players and tried to add their history including previous seasons under my game) etc

Thanks

The fixtures part of the file only adds fixtures for the current season so restarting a game on 7.4 will only give you this seasons fixtures and after 1 season you wil be in the same situation as you are now. The game will randomly schedule fixtures after the first season. (just as it would without this file)

The reason why the fixtures weren't correct is because you screwed around with the teams in the league.

So if i make a copy of the data file (so as not to alter the original) and edit this, say promote cardiff to the EPL and relegate Reading to the championship using the editor, and start a new game with my edited file, the game will not work as you have preset the premiership fixtures for the first season?

OK, but if I am not bothered about the real world fixtures (as they are only relevant for the first season anyway) I can make an edit to move the teams to their correct leagues for 2013-14, and the game should work

After achieving "every goal" in FM 2013 and FM 2012, I want to try an edited database.

I'm very grateful that people are willing to devote their spare time in this awesome project.

I'm in doubt however to start the FM 2012 or FM 2013 version, which one is the most stable version for a long term game(Until FM 2014 comes out)?

Thank you very much, I started a challenge with Ilford on FM2012(Couldn't convince my friend to buy FM2013).

This is the most fun I ever had in Football manager in a long time!

You can expect a small donation very soon, as I need to recharge my PayPal account.

Anyone tested if 13.3.3 is compatible with v7.4?

nv, nothing out of the ordinary happens after two years of play.

One minor bug:

For the regional super cups, Chester is shown twice in the past winners of the tournament history for Peter Swales Shield after the match

Some past winners for other super cups are missing, hope someone can provide them (I tried but no luck)

The quirks of the regional system... Scarborough Athletic promoted to the Northern Premier League First Division South when Northwich Victoria have transferred to the North from the South.

The Northwich transfer makes some sense. Seeing as they have moved base from Stafford to Flixton. But Scarborough... yes. They are the 3rd or 4th most Northernly team!

The quirks of the regional system... Scarborough Athletic promoted to the Northern Premier League First Division South when Northwich Victoria have transferred to the North from the South.
They did get promoted from the Northern Counties East League (which is a NPL1S feeder) but some of their squad (and manager too) are based in Nottinghamshire so it's not too bad. Plus they play in Bridlington, which is about 20 miles south of Scarborough.

They did get promoted from the Northern Counties East League (which is a NPL1S feeder) but some of their squad (and manager too) are based in Nottinghamshire so it's not too bad. Plus they play in Bridlington, which is about 20 miles south of Scarborough.

I forgot they play in Bridlington. But still, they should be in the northern section. They are comfortably one of the 22 most northernly teams at level 8, so if it was up to me and not the FA/respective divisions it would be done differently, as with the whole pyramid.

I forgot they play in Bridlington. But still, they should be in the northern section. They are comfortably one of the 22 most northernly teams at level 8, so if it was up to me and not the FA/respective divisions it would be done differently, as with the whole pyramid.
That's true, the leagues haven't been fully confirmed yet so there could be some changes. I think the NPL/SL Division Ones are expanding to 24 in 2014-15 (the Isthmian have expanded for 2013-14 already) so they could move to the North division the season after next. The pyramid works in some respects, but there needs to be some changes, like there's going to be a team in Northampton playing in the Southern League next season, they'll be playing Truro. Or even Stratford Town (in Stratford upon Avon), winners of the Midland Alliance (another NPL1S feeder) are going to be playing in Southern League Division One South/West.

That's true, the leagues haven't been fully confirmed yet so there could be some changes. I think the NPL/SL Division Ones are expanding to 24 in 2014-15 (the Isthmian have expanded for 2013-14 already) so they could move to the North division the season after next.

Have they had a change of heart then? As the NPL/SL refused the opportunity which the IL did take up.

24 team divisions are crazy though, there are far too many problems with 42 games a season. If anything the league sizes should be smaller across the board not bigger! But of course, turkeys don't vote for xmas after all...

Part of the reason why Scarborough are so isolated is because the Northern League hasn't promoted many teams recently due to various reasons, one of them because a newly promoted team would be massively isolated themselves. Hopefully a "bigger" team like Darlington taking the plunge will encourage more teams and make the northern division more balanced.

The pyramid works in some respects, but there needs to be some changes, like there's going to be a team in Northampton playing in the Southern League next season, they'll be playing Truro. Or even Stratford Town (in Stratford upon Avon), winners of the Midland Alliance (another NPL1S feeder) are going to be playing in Southern League Division One South/West.

I know all about the MFA.. hehe, I research the league after all. It's footprint is far too big but don't get me started on that....

Halesowen have gone from playing Tiverton/Bideford (potentially Truro if they hadn't rose up the leagues) in the S1SW to provisionally playing Scarborough in the N1S the upcoming season. How can that happen!

That's true, the leagues haven't been fully confirmed yet so there could be some changes. I think the NPL/SL Division Ones are expanding to 24 in 2014-15 (the Isthmian have expanded for 2013-14 already) so they could move to the North division the season after next. The pyramid works in some respects, but there needs to be some changes, like there's going to be a team in Northampton playing in the Southern League next season, they'll be playing Truro. Or even Stratford Town (in Stratford upon Avon), winners of the Midland Alliance (another NPL1S feeder) are going to be playing in Southern League Division One South/West.

You say that but Kettering (which is 20 minutes from Northampton), Brackley Town, Oxford City etc play(ed) in the Conference North. They get to travel to Workington and Barrow!

That's what you get for living in the centre of England I guess.

You say that but Kettering (which is 20 minutes from Northampton), Brackley Town, Oxford City etc play(ed) in the Conference North. They get to travel to Workington and Barrow!

It's two levels higher so a little more reasonable, but that is because the whole of the english pyramid structure is biased towards to the south, the South-East in particular. Bishop's Stortford are an even more extreme case at this level but they have been moved back to the South after favorable conference premier relegations/step 2 relegations/step 3 promotions.

Have they had a change of heart then? As the NPL/SL refused the opportunity which the IL did take up.

24 team divisions are crazy though, there are far too many problems with 42 games a season. If anything the league sizes should be smaller across the board not bigger! But of course, turkeys don't vote for xmas after all...

Part of the reason why Scarborough are so isolated is because the Northern League hasn't promoted many teams recently due to various reasons, one of them because a newly promoted team would be massively isolated themselves. Hopefully a "bigger" team like Darlington taking the plunge will encourage more teams and make the northern division more balanced.

I know all about the MFA.. hehe, I research the league after all. It's footprint is far too big but don't get me started on that....

Halesowen have gone from playing Tiverton/Bideford (potentially Truro if they hadn't rose up the leagues) in the S1SW to provisionally playing Scarborough in the N1S the upcoming season. How can that happen!

I'm only assuming they'll switch for 2014-15, but we'll see.

It is yeah, 42 games is plenty at Level 7, but that's been increased to 46 for 2013-14 too. 46 at Level 8 is too much as well. They are thinking of scrapping the Isthmian League Cup because of the league expanding to 72 teams. Talking of the Isthmian, Egham (who won the Combined Counties League) got promoted into the Southern League Division One Central when that league (CCL) is part of the Isthmian feeder leagues (Guernsey did get promoted to the Isthmian One South).

Yeah, that's true. Spennymoor won the league the last three seasons before this season and should really have got promoted. I think Darlington will do well next season.

That's unbelievable.

Step 5 (Level 9) leagues are told to have a minimum of 20 teams too, which is what they should say at Levels 7 and 8. Then you can have a couple of league cup competitions alongside.

The Northwich transfer makes some sense. Seeing as they have moved base from Stafford to Flixton. But Scarborough... yes. They are the 3rd or 4th most Northernly team!

Surely Sheffield FC would have been a better team to transfer to the Northern division or Scarborough Athletic go straight to the North and Northwich stay in the South.

I'm looking forward to my trip to Guernsey next season!

It is odd how they've done the restructuring this season, Sittingbourne could've been put from the Isthmian Division 1 South into the North but with Thurrock having been deducted points in the Premier they have been relegated unless they are successful with an appeal. Godalming, Guildford and Fleet aren't happy with being placed in the Southern South & West, their mileage has been doubled to over 4,000 miles, plus they could have a potential trip to Wales on a Tuesday night!

I'm looking forward to my trip to Guernsey next season!

It is odd how they've done the restructuring this season, Sittingbourne could've been put from the Isthmian Division 1 South into the North but with Thurrock having been deducted points in the Premier they have been relegated unless they are successful with an appeal. Godalming, Guildford and Fleet aren't happy with being placed in the Southern South & West, their mileage has been doubled to over 4,000 miles, plus they could have a potential trip to Wales on a Tuesday night!

Look out for Egham Town too, ive been to a handful of games this season and they pipped Guernsey to the title by a point!

Look out for Egham Town too, ive been to a handful of games this season and they pipped Guernsey to the title by a point!
Egham are in the Southern Division One Central, not Isthmian One South, for some strange reason when they're in an Isthmian feeder league. Egham finished two points ahead in the end.

Luckily Egham have been placed in the Southern League!

I can see Guernsey finding it tough in our division, it's a lot harder than people think

Evo-Stick D1S 2013/14 constitution agreed. http://www.gresleyfc.com/news/article/3239

as with all developments this summer, this has been noted already! but thanks anyway.

first division south is looking very tight to get out of.

apparantly the NPL maybe be splitting into West/Eastern sections after next season. (2014/15)

• 2 weeks later...

What is the real lowest level in the English football pyramid that any team can promote from all the way to the Premier League?

English wiki says Mid-Susses Football League Dvision 11 A and B. Dutch wiki says it is Bristol Downs Football League Division 4. Both are stated as being the 24th level.

Who knows this?

What is the real lowest level in the English football pyramid that any team can promote from all the way to the Premier League?

English wiki says Mid-Susses Football League Dvision 11 A and B. Dutch wiki says it is Bristol Downs Football League Division 4. Both are stated as being the 24th level.

Who knows this?

I'm not sure how up to date it is but here's the full pyramid:-

http://thepyramid.info/asp/pyramid3.asp

It shouldn't be seen strictly as a pyramid as such as very low down levels overlap and don't particularly feed into eachother. The leagues from level 10 and below don't have a promotion/relegation structure in place neither, with any suitable teams applying for "promotion" as league places etc allow it, although winning a division probably would help matters.

Who knows this?

On a related note, this is not entirely accurate but the idea is pretty neat and fun for your eyes & brain when you first get a look... (I'm not 100% GaZ hasn't posted this in here already though)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/244143_476174129107082_237536834_o.jpg

Who knows this?

Mid-Sussex League Division 11 A and B are the lowest leagues in the system, both at Level 24. The Bristol Downs League is a stand-alone league and doesn't feed into the pyramid. Some clubs do move to the Bristol and Suburban League though, but they have to find a pitch to play on to do so.

It's from the start of 2012-13, but some leagues aren't included.
It shouldn't be seen strictly as a pyramid as such as very low down levels overlap and don't particularly feed into eachother. The leagues from level 10 and below don't have a promotion/relegation structure in place neither, with any suitable teams applying for "promotion" as league places etc allow it, although winning a division probably would help matters.
Some leagues from Level 12 downwards do have promotion/relegation places with other leagues. I've seen clubs move up to other leagues for the coming season.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I would like to give everyone an update regarding EEE for FM2014. It is my plan to get it out to you - however I cannot guarantee on a time frame (it could be early 2014) - there are improvements I'd like to make, much testing is needed and time constraints will limit development time (due to University).

I have a couple of people helping me out on some tasks - these involve adding histories for teams, leagues, cups etc. There is a lot of work and I would like to ask that anyone who wants to help out to contact me on Steam, where I will hopefully be able to delegate work to you when it is required.

Otherwise just sit back and let us get the work done - it might take longer as more of our time is taken up due to work and university, but we will get the release out hopefully - also dependant on factors outside of our control (editor features etc).

This is probably a silly question but I guess you can't use this and something like the FMWeegie database together? My squad and the divisional make-up for the Evo-Stik Prem is up to date on Weegie but due to clashes in leagues etc I'd assume I'd need to start over with just this one and untick FMWeegie at the start of the game?

• 2 months later...

Archived