FM13 Arsenal Thread - Victoria Concordia Crescit

llama3

i would say he is unnecessary as you have plenty of quality in depth, although he would be an overall improvement. So depends how tight that gap is to your rivals.

Am second in the league after 24 games, 6 points behind United, with Spurs and City both within 2 points of me in 3rd and 4th. My goals have been really spread out so far. Podolski is leading scorer on 13, then Jack and Theo on 12, Ox on 10, then my two main strikers with Jovetic on 9 and Giroud on 8.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Am second in the league after 24 games, 6 points behind United, with Spurs and City both within 2 points of me in 3rd and 4th. My goals have been really spread out so far. Podolski is leading scorer on 13, then Jack and Theo on 12, Ox on 10, then my two main strikers with Jovetic on 9 and Giroud on 8.

Sounds like a well balanced team there. I always find it impressive to have a team with goals spread throughout the side.

Sounds like a well balanced team there. I always find it impressive to have a team with goals spread throughout the side.

Yeah, I like that too. Think I'm gonna pass on Falcao. Like you said, don't really need him and my other strikers score regularly, plus I have Walcott who can play there in an emergency.

Just brought in a new defender on loan as Vermaelen is out for the rest of the season with a broken leg. Didn't want anyone too amazing as he'll be fourth choice behind Mert, Kos, and Guillermo Burdisso. He's got 3.5 star rating and only worth £3.4m, anyone know if Alberto Botia is any good. Decent and solid enough to be 4th choice back-up at Arsenal for half a season?

Just finished my second season as manager of Arsenal. It's going very, very, very well.

The squad:

9hjthl.png

A very strong squad, if I do say so myself. Jack Wilshere isimmense as a CM > S with 'Runs from deep' set to 'often'. 21 goals in season 2! Mattia Destro is an incredible free transfer, scoring 25 goals in 32 games. Koray Gunter has turned in to an animal after I had him tutored by Thomas Vermaelen. In the summer of 2014, I'm contemplating selling Podolski, Poli and Cazorla and replacing them.

The history:

28lca3r.png

Only 2 losses in all competitions over the two seasons, and we've won every trophy we've been up for, winning two straight CL finals against Manchester United. Have that, Robin.

I am planning on starting a new Arsenal save this evening on the new patch. My main goals is to develop youth like Akpom, Gnabry, Bellerin, Eisfeld. I also want to limit myself to 2 over 21 signings a season. My main focus will be on young players. Hopefully end up bringing up some good English regens from the youth academy as well down the road. I will probably play a 4-2-3-1 like usual.

So, since my last update I got so engrossed in my save that I completely forgot to update! I have now finished the 2015/16 season but I won't bore everyone with a "Mega" update!

It was another season to remember for the Gunners however it wasn't all sunshine and roses! We lost in the 3rd round of the FA Cup at Cardiff. OK I played my "second" first 11 but we still should be comfortably seeing off a Championship side - tea cups were thrown. In the COC, it was a quarter final defeat at the hands of Spurs (grr) again it was our "second" eleven but we did take them to penalties.

In the league we were virtually unstoppable as we romped home to win the league by a whopping 21 points! We also only conceded 15 goals all season in the league so needless to say I was chuffed to bits with that. Finally, I was able to achieve the ultimate goal after previously going out in the semi final and losing a final, we went one step further and were crowned champions of Europe! On our way to the final we saw off Real Madrid, Chelsea and Valencia in the knockout rounds before seeing out what turned out to be a comfortable 2-0 win over Barcelona at the San Siro.

My outstanding player was Lukas Podolski, after being transfer listed at the start of the season, he proved me wrong by turning in a series of brilliant performances throughout the season, netting 13 goals in 30 league games from left midfield and finishing the season with an average rating of 7.34.

I've tried to take some screen shots but I can't seem to get any luck with them!

Finally I have a great dilemma. I now enter the final year of my contract and have won everything with Arsenal and wonder if its time to move on? I'm thinking about adding either Spain or Germany and waiting for the likes of Madrid, Barca, Bayern or Dortmund to become available and seeing how I get on.

Top work there Raymondafc - Podolski is an excellent player when used correctly.

Thanks Llama, I've been playing him as bog standard left midfielder (WM) with a support role but getting him to cut inside, which is where most of his goals from open play came from. It does help that he is also my penalty taker.

I've just got the next season underway so I'll update transfers etc very soon!

That's quite a player Carmi88!

OK so here's the 2015/16 season review.

PL: WINNERS, CS: Runners Up, COC: Quarter Finals, FA Cup: 3rd Round, ECL: WINNERS v. Barcelona

Transfers etc! A busy window, well for me anyway! In came Douglas Costa from Juventus for £16m, Stephan El Shaarawy from AC Milan for £22m and a regen striker from Newcastle called Duncan Greenwood for £18.25m including all the add ons! Also coming in was a Spanish striker called Luis Javier on a free from Barcelona courtesy of Mr Brady.

Heading out of the exit door were Carl Jenkinson to relegated Villa for £1m accompanied by Ignasi Miquel who followed him there for £750k. The biggest outbound transfer was Santi Cazorla who is heading to the Bundesliga and Gladbach for £10m. I felt it was time to move him on as he is now 31 and Wilshere has kept him out of the side for a couple of seasons now. And the last big name to leave the club was Mikel Arteta who has called it a day and hung up his boots at the age of 34. He made 88 league appearances, netting 8 goals. Other familiar names leaving were Ryo Miyaichi, Benik Afobe and Hector Bellerin all on free transfers. We are ranked alongside United, Barca and Real as the most reputable clubs in Europe and we are also the most valuable club in the world at £1.13b.

I was offered a new 5 year deal by the chairman who took over half way through last season (no investments or anything so that's a case of "as you were") which, after much deliberation I decided to accept as I reckon I can turn the Gunners in the biggest club in the world before I leave. Right now, I think that this will be my last contract with the club but 5 years is a long time in football :)

I will try to post some screen shots as and when I figure out why my computer wont seem to take them!?!

Arsenal-FC11_zps43885b1a.jpg

I skipped two 'months' of updates

Season 2 November

Prem; 03/11/13; Emirates; Arsenal 3-0 Norwich: Podolski 17 , Giroud 32 , Cazorla 69

CL(G.S); 06/11/13; Emirates; Arsenal 3-0 Steaua: Vela 7 , Giroud 19 , Gnarby 62

Prem; 09/11/13; Madejski; Arsenal 1-1 Reading: Kebe 15 , Eduardo 68

Prem; 23/11/13; Emirates; Arsenal 5-1 Fulham: Eduardo 13 & 28 , Giroud 29 , Fierro 39 , Jones 42 , Fierro 78

CL(G.S); 26/11/13; Veltins-Arena; Arsenal 2-0 Schalke: Koscielny 82 , Vela 83

Prem; 29/11/13; Cardiff City Stadium; Arsenal 3-0 Cardiff: Gnarby 17 , Giroud 43 , Goretzka 78

Default Bad day at the office but won 2-0 away to WBA

So away to West Brom which is always a tough place to go and manage to get an early goal, scored by Giroud 9'.

I have a green + on Wilshere so as a precaution take him off ( 28') and bring on Walcott.

29' Walcott off injured ( torn hamstring out for 2-3 months) http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...ewsinbox4.png/

Bring on Podolski.

49' Diaby (yes I know ) injured broken wrist! 4 weeks http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...ewsinbox2.png/

62' Gibbs already has a green + after twisting his knee (2-3 weeks inj) and according to the ref elbowed a player. I have viewed the incident and the WBA seems to come charging in and the ball is behind Gibbs on the touchline and the player runs behind him. Elbow red card apparently.

I have appealed as "he's not that type of player" so expect a 4 match ban.

Lastly Vermaalen ot for a couple of weeks damaged elbow.

In summary:

3 pts http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...ewsinbox7.png/

4 players injured

4 game ban (prob) for red card http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...ewsinbox6.png/

Tottenham away next!

right, big update from my second arsenal game (previous one i won the league and cl!)

transfers in

de sciglio - loan (big prospect rb as sagna was hurt)

cavani - 45 mill (quality player, most is over 48 months)

luis suarez - 50 mill (massive fee but again, mostly future fees, felt bad because he is racist but a great player)

nainggolan - 12 mill (great bwm and dm but injured for months and has just re-injured himself)

will hughes - 10 mill (mostly future fees and a real quality youngster)

kesces - 600k (great youngster)

chris smalling - 14 mill (want english players and need a cb!)

corchia - 18 mill (mostly future fees)

kevin volland - 15 mill (future fees)

a huge amount of money! 169 mill lol but the bottom 3 came in januray as i got 30 million extra

transfers out

gervinho - 12 mill (psg bought him for some reason)

arshavin - 4.4 mill (everton bought him and he flopped)

squillaci - 1.4 mill (fulham took him)

diaby - 9 mill (porto wanted him, i love him in real life but he's always hurt and not great imo on the game)

rosicky - 2.5 mill (wolfsburg took him)

total 29.5 mill

i think i want to sell a couple of players at the end of the year, podolski doesn't perform for me and giroud is wasteful. might offload mertesaker and go balls out for zouma as a brilliant prospect and i will need a good young sub keeper! fabianski will leave for free

tactics

at home i play an attacking 4 1 2 3, attacking and direct with more expressive movement, balanced

............cavani (p)...suarez (t)........walcott (p)

.................jw (dlp/s)....ramsey (cm/d)

.........................verm (am/d)

gibbs (fb/a).........kos (cb/d)...mert (cb/c)........sagna (fb/s)

..................................chez(gk/d)

away from home i play a diamond with wing backs and 2 strikers and it is really effective!

.................cav..theo

......................suarez

...........jw...................ramsey

gibbs................verm................sagna

....................kos.....mert

........................chez

it's very similair to my old formation with milan on cm00/01 lol

in the league i'm top after 24 games, 1 point ahead of utd and i have won 19, drawn 4 and lost 1! (away to west brom, lukaku killed me)

got dortmund in the cl second round and i have a replay with southampton in the fa cup! utd knocked me out the capital 1 cup 1-0 after giroud missed loads of chances!

Hey all, after reading all the posts, thought i'd share my arsenal save. I am just in my second season now, had a good first season i won the League Cup and the Euro Cup and finished 3rd in the league

My Major transfers where:

In,

Marc-Andre ter Stegan - £19.5M

Raul Albiol - £7M

Luke Shaw - £3.8M

Ryan Shawcross £12.75M (Controversial i know, but he been a rock in my defence)

Raheem Sterling - £15.75M

Miroslav Stoch - £12.75M

Marouane Fellaini - £23M

Samuel Umtiti £9.75M

Doria - £525K (sent on loan)

Total - £105M

Out,

Laurent Koscielny - £17M Chelsea

Vito Mannone - Loan Man City

Per Mertesacker - £12.5M Juventus

Sebastien Squillaci - £2M LOSC

Andre Santos £7M Man City

Gervinho - £20M Chelsea

Marouane Chamakh - £10M LOSC

Johan Dijorou - £10M A.C Milan

Andrey Arshavin - £4M Man City

Total - £87M

The Tactic i used was a 4-2-3-1 with a fluid style and attacking strategy

My Second Season has started of strongly am only still 3 month in, but still undefeated, my major transfers have been,

In

Will Hughes - £4.2M (sent on loan)

Micah Richards - £15M

Pato - £25M

James Ward-Prowse - £3.8M (sent on loan)

Total - £48M

Out

Lukas Podolski - £15M PSG

Abou Diaby - £15M SLB (who wenger is now manger of)

Bacary Sagna - £15M Newcastle

Lukasz Fabianski - £3.5M Southampton

Park Chu-Young - £10M Valencia (had a really good season last season)

Nicklas Bendtner - £14M Juventus

Vito Mannone - £2.1M ACF Fiorentina

Tomas Rosicky - £2.5M Fulham

Denilson - £7.25M Fulham

Joal Campbell - £2.8M Reading

Total - £87.15M

I will keep you updated on how my second season goes, as i am hoping to go for the treble...

(sorry for no screen shots, it wont let post them on for some strange reason)

How can you splash 169 million and only take back 29.5! You crazy! :D

i'm trolling the board! it's easily done with future fees! gonna offload a few players in the summer too!

i am not going for realism this game!

Bigman, how on earth did you end up spending so much on Will Hughes? He's always been cheapish for me!

Hey all, after reading all the posts, thought i'd share my arsenal save. I am just in my second season now, had a good first season i won the League Cup and the Euro Cup and finished 3rd in the league

My Major transfers where:

In,

Marc-Andre ter Stegan - £19.5M

Raul Albiol - £7M

Luke Shaw - £3.8M

Ryan Shawcross £12.75M (Controversial i know, but he been a rock in my defence)

Raheem Sterling - £15.75M

Miroslav Stoch - £12.75M

Marouane Fellaini - £23M

Samuel Umtiti £9.75M

Doria - £525K (sent on loan)

Total - £105M

Out,

Laurent Koscielny - £17M Chelsea

Vito Mannone - Loan Man City

Per Mertesacker - £12.5M Juventus

Sebastien Squillaci - £2M LOSC

Andre Santos £7M Man City

Gervinho - £20M Chelsea

Marouane Chamakh - £10M LOSC

Johan Dijorou - £10M A.C Milan

Andrey Arshavin - £4M Man City

Total - £87M

The Tactic i used was a 4-2-3-1 with a fluid style and attacking strategy

My Second Season has started of strongly am only still 3 month in, but still undefeated, my major transfers have been,

In

Will Hughes - £4.2M (sent on loan)

Micah Richards - £15M

Pato - £25M

James Ward-Prowse - £3.8M (sent on loan)

Total - £48M

Out

Lukas Podolski - £15M PSG

Abou Diaby - £15M SLB (who wenger is now manger of)

Bacary Sagna - £15M Newcastle

Lukasz Fabianski - £3.5M Southampton

Park Chu-Young - £10M Valencia (had a really good season last season)

Nicklas Bendtner - £14M Juventus

Vito Mannone - £2.1M ACF Fiorentina

Tomas Rosicky - £2.5M Fulham

Denilson - £7.25M Fulham

Joal Campbell - £2.8M Reading

Total - £87.15M

I will keep you updated on how my second season goes, as i am hoping to go for the treble...

(sorry for no screen shots, it wont let post them on for some strange reason)

Oh nonononooo, in real life Shawcross is controversial. In the game he's a beast. He's generally my go to captain or vice captain. I usually pair him up with Vermaelen or put him at CB with Vermaelen and Alerweireld either side as ball playing defenders.

I'm into season 2 and 13 points clear. On track to take home SEVEN trophies too :D I'm wondering though, all of you Fierro lovers. Are you having the same issue as me? He seems to be the same as last year in that for the first 2-3 years he SEEMS to bang in loads of goals (currently 11 goals, 7 assists in 14 apps and 7 sub apps). 18 times he's been on the park and he's got 3 hat tricks and a double which means the other 14 times he's not scored. Even lookin at the assists he's still not productive regularly.

it's future fees etc, they qouldn't accept anything else

i decided on this game i would go mad with money, usually i am very reserved but the board threw cash at me and like in real life, i wanted to spend it lol!!

this game is so frustrating and unrealistic

just gone out on a 5-5 aggregate away goals rule to dortmund, their 3rd goal at the emirates to tie it....in the 89th minute mertesaker just stands on the ball and waits for lewandowski to tackle him, then 1 on 1 and goal! what a load of rubbish! i do wonder if some games are scripted, drew 2-2 away then they went 2-0 up in 20 mins, i changed tactics was winning 3-2 and then that bs happened

i am playing a direct style and he dwells on the ball and walks toward lewandowski? really?

Has any of you tried setting the opposition tactics on a goalkeeper to hard tackling, closing down and showing onto the weaker foot? If so, does it actually do anything? The version of it working in my head has my team giving shaky Dave in the Man U goals a horrid day and causing many wonderful blunders.

Arsenal-FC11_zps43885b1a.jpg

Season 2 December

CL(G.S); 04/12/13; Emirates; Arsenal 3-0 OM: Dede 13 , Balzaretti 57 , Shawcross 82

CWC(S/F); 12/12/13; Stade Du Prince Moulay Abdallah; Arsenal 4-1 Wydad Casablanca: Squillaci 12 , Fierro 27 , N' Guessi 43 ,

Eduardo 54 , Fierro 56

CWC(F); 15/12/13; Stade Du Prince Moulay Abdallah; Arsenal 2-0 Sao Paulo: Eduardo 34 & 61

C1C(Q/F); 18/12/13; Emirates; Arsenal 3-1 Man Utd: Rooney 2 Gnarby 17 , Eduardo 52 , Squillaci 89

Prem; 21/12/13; Emirates; Arsenal 6-4 Spurs: Eduardo 7 , Adebayor 13 , Giroud 16 , Eduardo 17 , Giroud 23 , Siqueira 32 , Defoe 62 , Holtby 67 , Oxlade-Chamberlain 83 , Dede 87

Prem; 26/12/13; Hawthorns; Arsenal 0-0 West Brom:

Prem; 28/12/13; Loftus Rd; Arsenal 2-2 QPR: Giroud (Pen) 16 , Zamora 25 ,Fierro 53 , Milosevic 68

hi

I'm starting a new save shortly , when I first start I always like to improve the staff training area , but I find it incredibly difficult to find the best staff who are willing to sign for the club, and it feels a chore having found someone only to find they are not interested most of the time.

Do you guys improve this also when you start , if so could you help me out on who to get and who to get rid of?

many thanks

so, another big spending window! missed out on neymar who i wanted, imagine a front 3 of cavani/suarez/neymar?

but i got potentially an even better player lol

transfers in

serge diakite - 4 mill (quality lb to potentiall usurp gibbs)

falcao - 29 mill (i wanted another superstar lol, i'm going mad with money this save)

kurt zouma - 24 mill (plan to sell mertesaker)

transfers out

bendtner - 2.5 mill to monaco

denilson - 2.5 mill to norwhich

giroud - 12.5 mill to psg

podolski - 5 mill to dortmund

chamakh - 3.7 mill to juve

monreal - 6 mill to lazio

plus is free transfered alot of the youngsters and owen hargreaves who only played 3 times!

feel like i have a complete squad now

gk - chez, fabianski

lb - gibbs, diakite

cb - smalling, mert, kos, smalling

dm - coq, verm

cm - ramsey, wilshere, arteta, nain, hughes

am - cazorla, ox, suarez

st - theo, cavani, falcao, volland

alot of versatile formations available and some excellent players to utilise! i am worried that neymar will make utd unbeatable though#!

arsenalthebest, is eduardo worth picking up?

Hello bigman, sorry to highjack your question but I would say he probably isn't. I brought him back in my first season on a season long loan which I cancelled in January. I really like him, but he's very injury prone (got injured 3-4 times) and scored twice in about 15 games, tbh mostly sub appearances.

I just like signing players sometimes in a sentimental way because I am a Gooner.

IE just signed a 36 year old Gilberto Silva for £45k, he probably won't play but will be a good tutor & possible coach :)

Hello all,

Has anyone had any luck with Stephan El Shaarawy at all? Just signed him for £20m part exchange with Chamakh (why Milan would want him I don't know) at the start of my 2nd season. With a front 3 of him, Jovetic & Javier Hernandez it could be interesting.

fair enogh! i think we would have won the league in 08 if that blues clogger hadn't smashed his ankle! could've been a legend here :(

anyway, just sold off djourou and park for cheap....sagna wants to leave so i am negotiating a 10 mill transfer to porto or psg, who want to buy all my players

Hello all,

Has anyone had any luck with Stephan El Shaarawy at all? Just signed him for £20m part exchange with Chamakh (why Milan would want him I don't know) at the start of my 2nd season. With a front 3 of him, Jovetic & Javier Hernandez it could be interesting.

looks a big talent! 3 strikers or 2 ams and hernandez uptop?

Sorry man, front 3 is misleading - Jovetic AML as Inside F/Support, El Shaarawy AMR as Winger/Attack and Hernandez as Poacher I reckon. Not normally keen on having 1 striker as first season I played a 4-3-1-2 but like to mix it up a bit.

anyway, just sold off djourou and park for cheap....sagna wants to leave so i am negotiating a 10 mill transfer to porto or psg, who want to buy all my players

Did you manage to sell Park without having to pay a part of his wages? I'm paying him about £9k a week until the end of his contract, sold him for £4.8m to Werder Bremen.

I was thinking of replacing Sagna with Davide Santon who I've got a transfer confirmation for. Was Sagna moaning about wanting a new challenge?

Gents, loving some of the posts here about Arsenal, some great saves going on so kudos to you all. I've noticed that there are a lot of 4-3-3/4-5-1 or 4-1-2-2-1 formations there, its a formation that obviously is played IRL with the gunners but i've always found on FM that the wide areas are exploited a lot, fullbacks don't get a lot of cover....maybe i'm just doing it wrong :lol:

I'm looking to start an Arsenal save I think, but I want to go back to the Invincibles era and start a flat 4-4-2 and work from there. Naturally there will need to be some personnel changes to accommodate but there are a lot of young players at the club who it would work well for too.

Has anyone tried this with Arsenal in FM13, i've seen a few with AML/R that seemed to be ok but for me gives the same issue as the 4-3-3 with what could be a huge gap between fullback and winger.

Has anyone tried this with Arsenal in FM13, i've seen a few with AML/R that seemed to be ok but for me gives the same issue as the 4-3-3 with what could be a huge gap between fullback and winger.

Hello mate, I have tried 4-4-2 a couple of times and had more success with that than any other formation I think.. I would tinker it a bit for certain games so - have a kind of 4-4-1-1 with an AMC behind a ST or similar but with a winger as AMR or AML on one side only. Looks a bit odd but the last time I tried 4-4-2 (think it was FM12?) I won Champions League & FA Cup in first season.

arsenalthebest, is eduardo worth picking up?

Yes.

I got him for 5.25m(transfer listed) 1st season 11assts , 28gls , 50 apps , 7.46 amr, 2nd season (in feb) 7assts , 24 gls , 30 apps , 7.56 amr.

I play as DLP-A with Giroud to his left as an AP-A & Pod on his right as a Poacher

Sorry man, front 3 is misleading - Jovetic AML as Inside F/Support, El Shaarawy AMR as Winger/Attack and Hernandez as Poacher I reckon. Not normally keen on having 1 striker as first season I played a 4-3-1-2 but like to mix it up a bit.

He's been really good for me so far. Picked up in Jan, got injured 3 bloody times then scored a double on his return. Finished 13 games, 5 goals and 2 assists with an average rating of 7.68 and pass completion of 84%. Would have picked up a bunch of man of the match awards had Bender not been notching up 8's right left and centre. I'm playing Shaarawy on the left as an attacking IF though, so i dunno how he'd do on the right as a winger.

WillyBroadband & Bigman i'd seriously suggest picking up Peruzzi from Velez. 30 games, 9 assists and a final rating of 7.60 for the season. He's been a total rock at right back for me. His first encounter with Bale was poor, but since then he's gone from strength to strength and just keeps getting better. He was cheap and i'd only really picked him up to be a back up RB.

So, started as Arsenal with a 4-4-2 formation. Done exceptionally well so far.

1024x585.resizedimage

only one flaw is that in the league i've had 5 shots on target against me, all resulted in conceding goals. Either Woj is actually that bad that he has a 0% saves to shots ratio or this highlights an issue in the ME.

So, started as Arsenal with a 4-4-2 formation. Done exceptionally well so far.

only one flaw is that in the league i've had 5 shots on target against me, all resulted in conceding goals. Either Woj is actually that bad that he has a 0% saves to shots ratio or this highlights an issue in the ME.

Wow, nice one! What other kind of tactics are you using? I might give it a go for my 2nd season.

Wow, nice one! What other kind of tactics are you using? I might give it a go for my 2nd season.

I'd post up another few pics but steamcommunity.com seems to be down (or at least taking ages to load) so i'll just describe it.

GK - Sweeper Keeper (d)

RB - Fullback (s)

RCB - Central Defender (d)

LCB - Ball Playing Defender (d)

LB - Fullback (a)

RM - Defensive Winger (a)

LCM - Deep Lying Playmaker (d)

RCM - Central Midfielder (s - home, d - away)

LM - Defensive Winger (s)

RF - Deep Lying Forward (s)

LF - Advanced Forward (a)

Rigid

Counter/Control (depending on opposition)

Default Passing

More Expressive

Press More

Default Marking

Default Tackling

More Roaming

I look to change a lot of the play using shouts which is why i've left default on most things. Exploit flanks and play wider against Man City's narrow formation for example.

Signings

James Tomkins

Gino Peruzzi (January)

Adam Le Fondre (January)

Neal Maupay

Yann Sommer

Will Hughes

Viktor Fischer

I would like to play a 4-4-2 , its an area that would need bolstering at the start if playing 2 up front , who do you get in Gary , if anyone?

cheers

*Also what do people do about assistant manager at start of game , do they stick with Bould or get someone else? , his stats dont look that great?

I would like to play a 4-4-2 , its an area that would need bolstering at the start if playing 2 up front , who do you get in Gary , if anyone?

cheers

*Also what do people do about assistant manager at start of game , do they stick with Bould or get someone else? , his stats dont look that great?

I've kept Bould on, mainly because I couldn't find anyone who's suitable to replace him yet. I had a huge game at Southampton on FM13 previously and Andy Crosby was my assistant then. I've brought him in as a coach with Arsenal, hoping he'll get a few qualifications and become my new assistant in time.

As for players, I have Giroud and Podolski there just now. Fischer, Walcott and Gervinho can also play up front, just needs to alter the combinations. Maupay has played there few times in the cup games, done very well as a DLF. Le Fondre will join in January to provide support/competition. His stats are good in all the right areas and Reading seem to throw him away easily. £775k for me.

I'm on the lookout for another striker to bring in, someone who's a good young DLF, Ongenda from PSG is high on my list now.

Player of the season for me has to be Walcott though, 20 games, 15 assists, 7 goals.

I'd post up another few pics but steamcommunity.com seems to be down (or at least taking ages to load) so i'll just describe it.

GK - Sweeper Keeper (d)

RB - Fullback (s)

RCB - Central Defender (d)

LCB - Ball Playing Defender (d)

LB - Fullback (a)

RM - Defensive Winger (a)

LCM - Deep Lying Playmaker (d)

RCM - Central Midfielder (s - home, d - away)

LM - Defensive Winger (s)

RF - Deep Lying Forward (s)

LF - Advanced Forward (a)

Rigid

Counter/Control (depending on opposition)

Default Passing

More Expressive

Press More

Default Marking

Default Tackling

More Roaming

I look to change a lot of the play using shouts which is why i've left default on most things. Exploit flanks and play wider against Man City's narrow formation for example.

Signings

James Tomkins

Gino Peruzzi (January)

Adam Le Fondre (January)

Neal Maupay

Yann Sommer

Will Hughes

Viktor Fischer

Cool, thanks for that dude. Do you use Theo as a Defensive Winger? In my first season I played him as an Advanced Forward or Poacher and he got about 2 goals in 24 games.. it really is my tactics! :D

I've kept Bould on, mainly because I couldn't find anyone who's suitable to replace him yet. I had a huge game at Southampton on FM13 previously and Andy Crosby was my assistant then. I've brought him in as a coach with Arsenal, hoping he'll get a few qualifications and become my new assistant in time.

Johan Cruyff is a great assistant manager that you can get from the start!

They use the Dutch spelling of his name in the game though, so he's easy to miss, I think it's Cruijff :)

As for players, I have Giroud and Podolski there just now. Fischer, Walcott and Gervinho can also play up front, just needs to alter the combinations. Maupay has played there few times in the cup games, done very well as a DLF. Le Fondre will join in January to provide support/competition. His stats are good in all the right areas and Reading seem to throw him away easily. £775k for me.

I'm on the lookout for another striker to bring in, someone who's a good young DLF, Ongenda from PSG is high on my list now.

Player of the season for me has to be Walcott though, 20 games, 15 assists, 7 goals.

cheers Gary . so do you change the roles up front depending who plays there? , Giroud makes a good DLF.

Archived