FM13: Everton F.C. - Featuring overused toffee puns

swisso

End of Season report -3rd Season

I finished 4th in the league, again! I did win the Euro Super Cup, World Club Championship and the Champions League (2nd year running).

Got Leroy Fer and Der Stegen in on bosmans and paid £16.5m for Bittencourt.

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How does Der Stegen look in FM13? I remember him being brilliant in my Viola save on FM12.

I picked up Butland after Season 1 and have a good looking English regen to eventually replace Howard. And like Moyes has mentioned earlier this season IRL, Howard benefits from a little competition and rotation.

How does Der Stegen look in FM13? I remember him being brilliant in my Viola save on FM12.

I picked up Butland after Season 1 and have a good looking English regen to eventually replace Howard. And like Moyes has mentioned earlier this season IRL, Howard benefits from a little competition and rotation.

He looks amazing stats wise, but only in friendlies at the moment so not proved anything yet!

Need a striker as backup for Jelavic, Gauye is currently backup but first choice AML. I have 10m. BA has already gone and suggestions would prefer someone up and coming.

I got Vicent Aboubakar and Sami El Amrani for less than £5m between them!

Season 4 Update "Millions of Dollars, Millions of Dollars"

So my first season with our new chairman, and nothing but a title challenge would be acceptable. Which seemed a very difficult task with only 70 million budget to transform an ageing squad that couldn't even get into the champions league.

Rodwell came home again, this time as an Everton player and after the tactics disaster of losing my wingers in came Adam Johnson to sure up the left wing as a replacement for the rapidly deteriorating Pienaar. With Distan gone and Duffy really only a rotation option another position that needed new blood was Defence and with my youth signings only looking like a good shot for a mid-prem team the 2nd player the check book opened for was Giuseppe Bellusci from Milan for 12.5M.

The final 2 positions of worry were RB with hibbert retiring and my other prospects still learning their trade, Coleman needed a rival so in came Nathaniel Clyne on load from my favotire parent club Man City while Howard, who was one of the main reason we missed out on the top 4 last year was replaced by young German goalkeeper Marc-Andre Ter Stegen.

The only first teamer to leave was the flop of a free signing Christian Benitez to Monaco for 5mil

evertontransfershistory.jpg

Premiership review

A slow start to the season quickly receeded and we went on a run of 18 games unbeaten including 7 wins in a row which saw even the likes of City, Spurs and the red side of the Mersey sunk before Fulham ruined the new year celebrations. After Fulham we went on another run, but shock draws with Sunderland and Swansea put us behind United in the final stages of the season. The race was on, we always seemed to end Saturday top, with United taking it back on the Sunday and defeat to City put our chances in serious doubt.

United however cracked, they also lost to City and a shock defeat to Norwich with 3 games to go handed us the lead which we held all the way to win the Barclays Premier League :applause::applause:

barclayspremierleagueov.jpg

Other competitions

After constantly challenging for the Carling Cup the past few seasons, it ended rather shortly as the kids lost on pens to Liverpool.

In the Europa league the weakend squad struggled out of the league stages before losing to Bordeaux in the 2nd round.

The FA cup though saw us reach Wembley and defeat the Blue side of Manchester on pens to win our first FA cup under my reign

evertonfixtures.jpg

Season 5 Preview

Season 5 so far has been improving and removing. Pienaar Hibbert, Howard and Neville have all retired and joined the backroom staff (along with Paul Scholes) Barry has also retired. Coleman, Oviedo, Will Hughes and Zimmerman have all left the club along with a few other young players who didn't look like making the cut and the top of the league while my main inbound signings were Gino Peruzzi for 33m and Nathaniel Clyne on a perm basis for 7.75m.

45m wasn't enough for my chairman though so i was forced to splash a further 85m players i didn't really need for the cash they cost but still improved the squad with Kevin Strootman for 45m and Mapou Yanga Mbiwa for 38m.

evertontransfershistory.jpg

evertonsquadplayers.jpg

Youth Signings

a lack of decent youth from our own academy so we have 3 new signings. Krill Blagov as a big future prospect and as an actual challenge to Ter Stegen since my other backups would stuggle for a championship start nevermind the prem.

kirillblagovoverviewpro.jpg

zbynekkadlecoverviewpro.jpg

federicogaggiottiovervi.jpg

Youth Update

Season 2

Yassine Benzia - 5 goals in 18 games but he is more the deep lying striker. Likely to push Jelavic out of the job this season

Tomas Ficek - 3 goals in 13 but he scored some wonder goals and is pushing leo for a first team slot this year. 2nd forced his way into 2nd choice striker

Herbert Brautlacht - 2nd Season on loan at Birmingham, good backup for LB behind Luke Shaw

Tian Pawson - Behind the main 4 strikers but could feature more in rotation this year (most successful academy player so far)

Brian Bowland - unlikely to make the cut

Frank Aljofree - looking good so far, looking to loan him out

Sean Jones - Capped for Wales already, spending season on loan at West Ham

Players who have left

francesco lovric

mattia perin

markel etxeberria

benvindo dabo

As for Ter Stegen this is how he did for me in the title winning season

marcandrterstegenhistor.jpg

barclayspremierleaguego.jpg

Best goals conceeded in the prem

Mentioned him earlier, but Vadis Odjidja has been immense for me so far. Picked him up for about $7m over 48 months in Jan of season 1 from Club Brugge. I play him as a DLP, defend in a 4-2-3-1 and he has been a constant for me. Very consistent and is a big game player. About 3/4 through Season 2 and he has a 7.5 avg rating, 5 goals, 7 assists, averages 6.7 tackles a game and has an 87% pass completion rate.

I haven't seen too many people on the forums going for him, but he has been class for me for relatively cheap. I think he's only on around $20k a week wages too. Haven't heard him complaining about wanting a new contract the way some of my other top performers have been doing lately either.

Season 4 Review

What a season for the Mighty Toffees!!

I started the season by brining in much needed quality, despite me winning the Champions League the past 2 seasons.

In came: Ter Stegen(free) Fer(free) Poli(12m) and Bittencourt(19m)

Out: Naismith(11.5) Casarini (13.5) Pienaar (1.2) Barkley (3.5)

The season got off fairly well, i was in the top 3 by Xmas. I'd lost the Euro Super Cup to Spurs but won the World Championships for 2nd time.

I was subject of a takeover in November and ended up with a massive cash injection, along with clearing all loans. This enabled me to get my long term target of Damiao(21m) he was listed and kicking up quite a fuss about leaving so I was happy i could get him so cheap!! :) Belhanda and Papastathopolous followed for 22m and 19.5.

I ended the season with Prem, Champs League, World Club and FA Cup.

Star Peformers:

Damiao: 27gm 25gls

Belhanda: 20gm 14ass 5gls

Miralles:40gm 21ass 8gls

Bittencourt: 49gm 12ass 11gls

Duffy: 38gm 8gls AvR: 7.69

Just Finished First Season and Won the Double. Beating Man City in the last few games of the season to win the EPL and beating Newcastle 6-0 to win the FA Cup.

Managed to bring in Falcao at the begining of Season to for a mere £39.5M (£5M upfront the rest over 48 Months) Cant believe it. He only wanted 120k a week.

Will post a screen shot soon :-)

I've found that Andre Ayew for 16m has been amazing for me (bar getting redcarded on his debut). Box to box, or AML, he tackles hard, dribbles excellently, and is willing to have a crack at goal. Great determination, so a good tutor too.

Here are some screen shots from my games as promised. Really enjoying it :-)

Transfers Season 1

evertontransfershistory.png

Champion Season 1

englishpremierdivisionop.png

FA Cup Win Season 1 - 6-0 vs Newcastle

evertonvnewcastleovervi.png

Transfers Season 2

Current Team - Bit thin on the ground after spending all my money.

evertontacticsoverview.png

Result of the Season - 5-0 vs Liverpool

evertonvliverpoolovervi.png

Star Man - Falcao

falcaooverviewattribute.png

Here are some screen shots from my games as promised. Really enjoying it :-)

Transfers Season 1

Champion Season 1

englishpremierdivisionop.png

FA Cup Win Season 1 - 6-0 vs Newcastle

evertonvnewcastleovervi.png

Transfers Season 2

Current Team - Bit thin on the ground after spending all my money.

evertontacticsoverview.png

Result of the Season - 5-0 vs Liverpool

evertonvliverpoolovervi.png

Star Man - Falcao

falcaooverviewattribute.png

Good going there Clarkster. Could you give a bit more info on your tactics? Can pick up the gist of the formation from your screenshots, but have you tinkered with the player settings much? Playing short passing etc?

Good going there Clarkster. Could you give a bit more info on your tactics? Can pick up the gist of the formation from your screenshots, but have you tinkered with the player settings much? Playing short passing etc?

Thanks, Tactics I just kept tinkering with until I got it right. Here is a screen shot.

evertontacticsteam.png

Also highly recommend getting Cryuijff come out with loads of comments to make tweaks. I got him end of Season 1

Wow, Falcao is a great addition. Unfortunately, now that I actually have some money to spend, he has already gone to Barca on mine and is doing very well.

Although he has been playing well, I think I really need someone a touch of class above Jelavic to really take me to the next level. Finished 2nd and 3rd in first 2 seasons and made it to Round of 16 in Champs league before going out on away goals to Juve.

Most of the big name players aren't willing to move or would cost too much for me to obtain. I have been looking at Seydou Doumbia of CSKA, Jelle Vossen of Genk, and Giuseppe Rossi of Villarreal.

Doumbia, seems to have slightly the best stats and best historical performance, but my scouts rate him as inconsistent. Vossen looks a perfect clinical finisher, but I just don't know much about him. Rossi looks class as well, but I play a 4-2-3-1 and I'm not sure he can lead a line. That formation is also what worries me about Doumbia if he is inconsistent. I also have Ademilson as backup who has performed slightly above average when Jelavic was injured, but from what the consensus seems to be, he really needs a striker next to him to excel. I don't really want to change my formation if I don't have to, as I like the solidity it provides and the ability for Fellaini to bomb forward into attack from midfield. With two strikers, I'm not sure I'd feel as comfortable giving him that license.

Any thoughts or additional suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Wow, Falcao is a great addition. Unfortunately, now that I actually have some money to spend, he has already gone to Barca on mine and is doing very well.

Although he has been playing well, I think I really need someone a touch of class above Jelavic to really take me to the next level. Finished 2nd and 3rd in first 2 seasons and made it to Round of 16 in Champs league before going out on away goals to Juve.

Most of the big name players aren't willing to move or would cost too much for me to obtain. I have been looking at Seydou Doumbia of CSKA, Jelle Vossen of Genk, and Giuseppe Rossi of Villarreal.

Doumbia, seems to have slightly the best stats and best historical performance, but my scouts rate him as inconsistent. Vossen looks a perfect clinical finisher, but I just don't know much about him. Rossi looks class as well, but I play a 4-2-3-1 and I'm not sure he can lead a line. That formation is also what worries me about Doumbia if he is inconsistent. I also have Ademilson as backup who has performed slightly above average when Jelavic was injured, but from what the consensus seems to be, he really needs a striker next to him to excel. I don't really want to change my formation if I don't have to, as I like the solidity it provides and the ability for Fellaini to bomb forward into attack from midfield. With two strikers, I'm not sure I'd feel as comfortable giving him that license.

Any thoughts or additional suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Two strikers I feel are potentially the best all rounders in the game.... Falcao and Damiao ... go for Damiao

Two strikers I feel are potentially the best all rounders in the game.... Falcao and Damiao ... go for Damiao

Tried Damiao, but he wasn't interested in signing. I've tried praising him some in the media since, and will take another shot at it, but not hopeful.

Thanks, Tactics I just kept tinkering with until I got it right. Here is a screen shot.

evertontacticsteam.png

Also highly recommend getting Cryuijff come out with loads of comments to make tweaks. I got him end of Season 1

Have the players been tinkered with? I copied what you have but it is very hit and miss. Gotta say, I love the limited defender stopper. Such a simple idea but effective.

I tinker with it a bit really. Change LB to Full Back Attack, RB to Fullback Defend and use Hibbert against harder teams. Fellini is usually BWM Defend,(this needs to be on the left to compliment Baines going forward) The other Midfield spot depends. If its an easy team or your at home I use AP Support and play Anderson, Sometime use Gibson as centre Midfield Support or if its a really hard fixture use Fellini there as BWM Support and Sissoko as BWM Defend. I also get better results with Barkley if I put him in the AMC role as a IF instead of AP Attack.

Hope this makes sense. Tactics should be changed to suit the players

So I took over Everton on New Year's Eve 2012, with the club languishing in 18th position in the Premier League, despite not having sold either Baines or Fellaini. Unfortunately by the time I got there, both had requested transfers and were already listed.

First couple of games were a bit ropey, but then went on a great run of form, and ended up finishing 7th and winning the FA Cup.

Baines was turned around by this, and asked to be taken off the transfer list. Sadly, no such luck with Felli, so I couldn't really do much when Man City came in with a £35m offer in the summer, and off he went :(

Now I really need to sign a replacement Defensive Midfielder, but there's not exactly a plethora of great options. M'Vila is interested in joining, but can't for the life of me get Rennes to accept a bid.

Anyone got any suggestions for potential Fellaini replacements?

Anyone got any suggestions for potential Fellaini replacements?

M'Vila would be perfect and I had the opposite situation to yours. Rennes accepted $48M over 48 months, but he wouldn't come. A friend of mine was able to bring Rodwell back after the first season when he didn't get much playing time at Man City, wages were high, but price was around $15m IIRC. Although, I don't have him, I'm 3 seasons in and Sandro has turned into a beast on mine. Not sure his price after first season, but can't be that far off of M'Vila's.

I'd also have a look at Nainngolan (SP? Genoa I believe) or Vadis Odjidja if you want to keep the Belgian flair of the team going. Wanyama was available on mine for about $9m and looked like a good enforcer with some playmaker ability. Leon Goretzka, Andrea Poli, and Cirigliano are also good shouts if you want to look younger with a lot of potential. Although I'm not sure how'd they'd do in the role, Kara, from FM12, still looks good on the game and was an immense DMC for me on that version and I've heard Stefan Strandberg can be turned into a very effective one as well. Much more on the defensive side though, and would need some playmaking next to him in the middle.

Took over Everton at the end of the second season after they had been relegated to the Championship. The Championship season was relatively easy and we won it with a record of;

P46, W32, D9, L5, F102, A43, GD+59, PTS105

Unfortunately Baines & Fellaini had already gone, so with a bit of wheeling & dealing the squad is now as follows;

GK – Handonivic / Lealli

DCR – Mazuch / Duffy / Brooke (Limited Defender/Stopper)

DC – Matic / Duffy / Brooke (Ball Playing Defender/Cover)

DCL – Hanley / Duffy / Brooke (Limited Defender/Stopper)

WBR – Isla / Coleman (Wingback/Attack)

WBL – Masilela / Mattock (Wingback/Attack)

MCR – Lazovic / Campbell (Advanced Playmaker/Support)

MCL – Gibson / Strasser (Ball Winning Midfielder/Support)

AMC – Barkley / Gueye (Trequartista/Attack)

STCR – Jelavic / Fuentes (Poacher/Attack)

STCL – Guidetti / Velios (Complete Forward/Support)

I set a target of avoiding relegation to be on the safe side, but so far it looks like we will exceed expectations by a long way;

EnglishPremierDivision_OverviewStages-3_zps9db227da.png

M'Vila would be perfect and I had the opposite situation to yours. Rennes accepted $48M over 48 months, but he wouldn't come. A friend of mine was able to bring Rodwell back after the first season when he didn't get much playing time at Man City, wages were high, but price was around $15m IIRC. Although, I don't have him, I'm 3 seasons in and Sandro has turned into a beast on mine. Not sure his price after first season, but can't be that far off of M'Vila's.

I'd also have a look at Nainngolan (SP? Genoa I believe) or Vadis Odjidja if you want to keep the Belgian flair of the team going. Wanyama was available on mine for about $9m and looked like a good enforcer with some playmaker ability. Leon Goretzka, Andrea Poli, and Cirigliano are also good shouts if you want to look younger with a lot of potential. Although I'm not sure how'd they'd do in the role, Kara, from FM12, still looks good on the game and was an immense DMC for me on that version and I've heard Stefan Strandberg can be turned into a very effective one as well. Much more on the defensive side though, and would need some playmaking next to him in the middle.

Cheers for the advice mate.

Probably could have gotten M'Vila for the price you mentioned (about £32m) but didn't want to spend nearly all the Fellaini money on one player (especially since, as good as M'Vila is, he'd still be a downgrade from Felli). PSG had already signed Nainngolan unfortunately, and Wanyama had gone somewhere too. Is Vadis Odjidja really good enough to fill that void?

In the end, I couldn't get anyone I was particularly keen on for anything approaching a reasonable fee, so ended up signing Javad Nekounam (sp? Iranian DM) for £1.5m. 32 years old, so not exactly a long term option, but he's got great stats, and should do a solid job for this season, until I can the right deal for a long term replacement.

Is Vadis Odjidja really good enough to fill that void?

I wouldn't say he could fill the void, but it depends on who you set him up next to. I actually play him and Felli together in MC because I like the steel with a bit of class. He's not as tough as Felli, but has a bit more playmaking ability, while still being good at the defensive side. Stats wise, I would say he's a lesser version of M'Vila. However, over just shy of two seasons with him next to Fellaini, Vadis has an average of approx. 7.4, averages about 6.6 tackles per games, and has gotten a fair few goals and assists.

I would also take a look at Moussa Sissoko and Etienne Capoue. Hope this is helpful.

Hi guys,

I have had some good success with Everton, I won the Champions League back on '08 and want to replicate this. Currently in my fourth season and won the EURO Cup last year and Super Cup this year:

Finished third season with Everton:

2v0jsi0.png

Best results in Europe:

2nvgehi.png

e004r5.png

To top it off:

29nhv1g.png

2e6heso.png

Fourth season transfers:

1z4i9lz.png

Okay so I'm exactly halfway through the PL now, 19 games in. I started this save with transfer disabled in order to hold onto Baines and Fellaini for a 6-month period minimum. I also felt comfortable using the players at my disposal so I didn't see any need to bring anyone in.

4D46BED6818532809150136EC5AA4F9456B41167

Some great results in there, especially Arsenal (shown above). I'm a bit annoyed with the recent slump towards the end of the first half, but it was a very tough few fixtures so I can't be too upset with it. I was pretty furious with Liverpool beating me considering I was leading them 1-0 and then it was 1-1 at HT. But hey ho.

All of this means that the PL table looks like this:

60BF459BF472CBE769E051BD43141804C32DCC17

B3D83C8662A29C749A77311A392263B0BCE5264A

Probably my used tactic.

I started a new game as Everton the other day. Off the top of my head I will try and remember my ins and outs:

Heitinga - Fulham £10m

Osman - Norwich £2m

Mucha - Forest (?) £1m

Gueye - Reading £3m

Brought in:

Raul Albiol (loan)

John Guidetti (loan)

Jordan Ayew (loan)

Oskar Hiljemark (£1m)

Jores Okero (£1.3m)

Wellington Nem (£3.5m)

Ademilson (£5m)

Timo Horn (£1.6m)

In FM11 I had great success with a 4-3-1-2 formation, but I was struggling in an earlier game with this, so have gone for a 4-2-4 and so far we are unbeaten in the first 4 games.

I started a new game as Everton the other day. Off the top of my head I will try and remember my ins and outs:

Heitinga - Fulham £10m

Osman - Norwich £2m

Mucha - Forest (?) £1m

Gueye - Reading £3m

Brought in:

Raul Albiol (loan)

John Guidetti (loan)

Jordan Ayew (loan)

Oskar Hiljemark (£1m)

Jores Okero (£1.3m)

Wellington Nem (£3.5m)

Ademilson (£5m)

Timo Horn (£1.6m)

In FM11 I had great success with a 4-3-1-2 formation, but I was struggling in an earlier game with this, so have gone for a 4-2-4 and so far we are unbeaten in the first 4 games.

You'll regret selling Heitinga I think, I sold him for £10m third season as he was 32 so first season you should have got much more for him.

I sold him for £10m third season as he was 32 so first season you should have got much more for him.

I got about $25m for him in the January window after decent, but not stellar performances. This allowed me to fight harder to hold onto Baines and Fellaini.

I brought in Strandberg for a pittance who has been immense next to Jags and pops in with a decent number of goals too. Also very handy as an anchorman in the DMC if you're trying to close down the game at the end.

I'm looking dead-set for top 4 in my first season with Everton :D

Newcastle are also looking destined for relegation and the likes of Cheick Tiote, Davide Santon, Papiss Cissé, Demba Ba and Tim Krul are all most definitely on my radar. I might even target Yohan Cabaye if he's still at the club (i've paid literally no attention to other team's signings ha).

Big summer coming up if I do indeed secure top 4.

e: just checked and all of the above are still there. As is Vurnon Anita who looks good. I might look into signing him too. Of course, these are all just wishes. I might get none of them.

You'll regret selling Heitinga I think, I sold him for £10m third season as he was 32 so first season you should have got much more for him.

In FM11 and FM12 I have always sold him! Prefer Jags and Distin as they are better in the air. Albiol has been immense with Jags so far, and I have Okore and Mancienne on loan as back up. Kinda wished I had off-loaded Distin now too as I offered him a new contract as Backup, and he asked for £49k per week which isn't happening. May look to ship him out in January if his demands are still high.

I brought in Ignacio Camacho on loan, as back up for Fellaini, and whilst he hasn't set the world on fire yet, he has done a job. Mirallas is an enigma for me too. Playing him on the left now and he seems to be settling in. Destroyed Man Utd 3-0 and he scored 2 and set up the 3rd. Currently top of the league after 5 games. Beat Chelsea 2-1 the week before the Utd game, so was very chuffed!

Finished 3rd and I've been set a provisional budget of £2.6M with only 75k in spare wages.

I got a bit more when I finished 2nd in the first season, but not a huge amount. I had moved some to trim the wage bill and hadn't asked the board for any costly upgrades, but the first season still takes a toll on the finances. Once the TV money and Champs league money gets set in the summer, you should see that number go up some, mine did. Luckily, you should also be able to free up a decent amount of transfer and wages with outgoing transfers in the summer. And of course, if you can stay in the Champs league for the 3rd year, then I got a quite decent transfer budget the following summer.

Archived