FM13: Everton F.C. - Featuring overused toffee puns

swisso

Results so far

1st Season: 2nd

2nd Season: 2nd

Pushed Utd and City all the way but just couldn't maintain momentum, odd losses at the likes of Wolves and Norwich after big winning streaks. Playing a very offensive 4-2-3-1 with wingers, Pepe, on loan from Juventus scored 25 from the right wing, Jelavic 23 up front on his own.

Champions League money helped massively, Board has expanded Goodison to 48,000 seats, Overdraft and Vibrac loan are paid off early (Board intervened) and we're left with around £33m in the bank after £14m and £2m was taken out for Goodison expansion and Finch Farm expansion.

Movers and shakers

Massive changes in the squad! Still keeping the core of the Coaching staff; Weir, Ferguson, Round, Irvine, Woods. Added oldboy Dave Watson to the U18 Coaching staff and tied down retiring Distin, Neville and Osman to Coaching roles :D

Coming in for 2014-2015: Matthias Ginter from Freiburg, centrehalf for £5.5m. Dennis Praet from Anderlecht for £5.5m, Julian Draxler from Schalke for £21m, Hernandez from Utd for £8m and i was lacking in a solid ball player in the middle so plumped for old favourite Steven Defour for £7m.

Going out:Heitinga for £7.5m, Oviedo on loan, looking to rid Naismith and Anichebe.

Squad for 2014-2015

GK: Tim Howard / Craig Gordon / regen USA keeper / regen Danish keeper

DL: Leighton Baines / -

DC: Shane Duffy / Phil Jagielka / Matthias Ginter / -

DR: Seamus Coleman / -

MC: Marouane Fellaini / Steven Defour / Leon Goretzka / John Lundstram / Gethin Jones

AM: Ross Barkley / Steven Pienaar / Landon Donovan / Kevin Mirallas / Julian Draxler / Branmir Hrgota / George Green / Dennis Praet

ST: Nikica Jelavic / Hernandez

Desperately need some regen cover for fullbacks as i can't afford to pay anymore senior squad wages. Will need another solid centrehalf next summer too!

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Results so far

1st Season: 2nd

2nd Season: 2nd

Pushed Utd and City all the way but just couldn't maintain momentum, odd losses at the likes of Wolves and Norwich after big winning streaks. Playing a very offensive 4-2-3-1 with wingers, Pepe, on loan from Juventus scored 25 from the right wing, Jelavic 23 up front on his own.

Champions League money helped massively, Board has expanded Goodison to 48,000 seats, Overdraft and Vibrac loan are paid off early (Board intervened) and we're left with around £33m in the bank after £14m and £2m was taken out for Goodison expansion and Finch Farm expansion.

Movers and shakers

Massive changes in the squad! Still keeping the core of the Coaching staff; Weir, Ferguson, Round, Irvine, Woods. Added oldboy Dave Watson to the U18 Coaching staff and tied down retiring Distin, Neville and Osman to Coaching roles :D

Coming in for 2014-2015: Matthias Ginter from Freiburg, centrehalf for £5.5m. Dennis Praet from Anderlecht for £5.5m, Julian Draxler from Schalke for £21m, Hernandez from Utd for £8m and i was lacking in a solid ball player in the middle so plumped for old favourite Steven Defour for £7m.

Going out:Heitinga for £7.5m, Oviedo on loan, looking to rid Naismith and Anichebe.

Squad for 2014-2015

GK: Tim Howard / Craig Gordon / regen USA keeper / regen Danish keeper

DL: Leighton Baines / -

DC: Shane Duffy / Phil Jagielka / Matthias Ginter / -

DR: Seamus Coleman / -

MC: Marouane Fellaini / Steven Defour / Leon Goretzka / John Lundstram / Gethin Jones

AM: Ross Barkley / Steven Pienaar / Landon Donovan / Kevin Mirallas / Julian Draxler / Branmir Hrgota / George Green / Dennis Praet

ST: Nikica Jelavic / Hernandez

Desperately need some regen cover for fullbacks as i can't afford to pay anymore senior squad wages. Will need another solid centrehalf next summer too!

Looking good Swisso. I bought stefan Strandberg first season for centre back.....pretty cheap, young and got all the stats for a good ball playing centre back. Averaging 8 for me half way through 2nd season :)

Season 2 update:

Well since getting into the champ league, we've had european syndrome. We lost 4 of the next 5 games and onlt managed a draw with southampton and were sitting 2nd from bottom in the league.

Que a making my tactics more simple and we're currently on a 9 game unbeaten streak with 7 wins and 2 draws including a 2-1 win over Liverpool :cool: leaving us 8th in the prem after 10 games

Champ league started with a loss at home to spartak but a draw away to juventus and 3-0 win over PSV has put me in 2nd at the half way point

Kenwright has dug deep and given me an extra 1mil transfer budget leaving me with 3mil for january :D

and then the downside. My already small squad is now smaller with De Bruyne and Hibbert out for 3 months, thanks to bloody Suarez :(

Finished 6th with Everton again.

Played 38, won 14, drew 15 and lost 9. Jelavic had 11 in 34 but these were towards the end of the season. Rest of the squad was fine all averaging above 7. Decided I need better competition for Jelavic so brought in Darren Bent for £3.5m and Javier Hernandez for £8.75m. Reckon if I get a good offer for Jelavic he's gone.

Made it through the group of death (Read Madrid, Sporting, Fiorentina) and am up against Metalist Karkhov in knock out round.

In comes Steven Defour and Steven Caulker in the january window (Defour to tutor Barkley).

Jelevic very hit and miss, but am now giving Ademilson more game time (now classed as wonderkid - seriously need to get someone in to tutor him though)

Great stuff that... Much lie real life I have won a trophy with Everton for years without the help of an editor... Maybe 2002 version (maybe)... You got that league cup monkey off our back there Tug as well!

Are you the same Tug of tactics fame? If so, sir I thank you for being the basis of many a seasons fun for me

I think the best team I played in my cup run was Stoke. Was very lucky in that respect. In contrast I crashed out in the third round of the FA cup against a Championship side.

And yes, we are one and the same :D

Well in Tug.

Same question that goes to most of the posters in here, what tactics you using to get the best out of barkley/Jelevic

I've been playing a 4-2-3-1, with the wingers and AM all playing as Inside forwards.

Jelavic has been patchy, I've got him playing as a lone striker and complete forward. He'll grab 8 goals in 4 games and then go on a run of 5 without scoring. Best success I've had at making him perform consistently is with Dzagoev behind him as a trequartista, stretching out the defence and playing through balls.

Jelavic's best performances have been flashes of individual brilliance though.

It's Mirallas I'm having issues with, the sheer amount of clear cut chances that end up going out for throw ins!

After pushing on desperately for a Champions League spot in my first season, I hit a patch of bad form which saw us take 6 points from 5 games we really should have been winning. However, a few changes to the way we play saw us beat Liverpool 2-1 :D and put 4 past Spurs and 3 past Wigan.

Last game of the season to play now, at home against QPR and it's incredibly open at the top.

Liverpool dropped points against Norwich in a 0-0 draw and going into the last day the top 5 looks like this:

Chelsea 81 pts (+31 GD)

Man City 80 pts (+59 GD)

Man Utd 73 pts (+32 GD)

Liverpool 73 pts (+23 GD)

Everton 72 pts (+21 GD)

Liverpool play Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. If we leapfrog them to seal 4th, I will be absolutely over the moon :D

We did it. :D

A scrappy 1-0 win against QPR, left it all up to Chelsea. Liverpool went 2-0 down, but made my heart stop when they pulled it back to 2-2. Fortunately though, John Terry popped up with the winner late on sending Liverpool down to 5th and claiming the League title for Chelsea.

Here's the final table:

jsJO2.png

And the squad with avg. ratings:

FVbUR.png

Jelavic finished the season with 19 in 38 league apps, a few slumps of form in the middle but otherwise he was ferocious.

Oviedo was my surprise of the season, turning in performance after performance from the wing once I realised his ability late on.

Barkley ended up on 9 goals, a lot of which were match winners which is brilliant.

Looking forward to the new season now, I feel I've got a great platform to build on, just need to see if Kenwright gives me anything to build with!

Into November now and heading into my really tough stretch of games - Newcastle (A), Spurs (A), Brighton (League Cup), Man Utd (H), and Liverpool (H). Drew at Newcastle 2-2. Fellaini's brace was wasted as Hibbert had a nightmare allowing Cisse to beat him to score the equalizer. Still lead the league by 4 points over City and Spurs with United in 4th.

Injuries are becoming an issue as Baines and Howard's absences are hurting the squad. Oviedo has been solid, but Gordon has been inconsistent. Fellaini continues to be dominant for me though :)

So my forced season restart has not started so well.

We started out with Chelsea away, and got battered by their new signing Jovetic (grr) he scored a hatrick on his debut to send us down to a 4-1 defeat.

Second game was against Man Utd at home, and again..debut signing van persie put us to the sword repeatedly losing again 4-1!

Third game was capital one cup and we lost to Leeds 1-0......shameful but not overly bothered!.

Forth game Arsenal away drew 1-1

Fifth game Sunderland home ...and maybe just maybe we're about to get going, smashed them 4-0.

Currently in 10th place..onwards and upwards, most difficult games out the way though!

That looks pretty attacking - what's your away tactic like?

Also, what kind of team instructions are you using?

Away tactic is the same but with counter, rigid and Coleman as a full back (defend).

Team instructions are default, except I've set marking to man and dropped the width slightly. Most of my tactical management comes from touchline shouts and player instructions.

Right, so just started my first 'proper' game with Everton. Whenever I play FM I always want to play a really long-term game with a focus on youth development and a good backroom.

Staff-wise I cleared out a lot of crap and brought in some really good people. Particularly happy with the senior positions (DoF, AssMan, HoYD and Chief Scout). Will probably need a Champions League level wage budget before I can do better than this:

screenshot20121106at125.png

On the player front - I prioritised clearing out some high earner who weren't worth the wages - along with getting in some cash to help the bank balance and my own transfer budget. Out goes Heitinga who just doesn't have the physical abilities to play CB in this ME, along with the overpaid Mucha, old/slow/weak Osman and the annoyance that is Anichebe (Who I couldn't quite offload, though wages + 75k p/m will do for now). Bidwell went after a cash upfront offer - he was never going to be a first teamer anyway.

In came some really good young talent. Fede Vico is a quality left-wing inside forward with 4.5 stars potential, well worth the 4.7m. Bakkali and Schrijvers are two really good 16 year old strikers, both with 4.5 stars potential who are both ripping it up in the U18's with George Green. Strandberg comes in as a one-to-one replacement for the utility that Heitinga provided and Gordon is in as Mucha's replacement on less than half the wages. Okore is a really good, athletic young centreback who's already good enough to step in when needed. With 4 stars potential, he'll probably replace Distin within the next 2-3 months. Didn't really need Selnaes but decided to enquire after getting the scout report back, and he was an absolute no-brainer at that price, 3.5 star potential DLP, good competition for Gibson.

Also in after this screenshot was taken was Hitzlsperger on a free. Mainly because I couldn't resist the realism and he's a terrific tutor for Barkley.

Hitzlsperger's professionalism is 20, which has always been the primary factor in fulfilling potential

screenshot20121106at125.png

Lining up a bit like Tug does above, with Mirallas playing as a winger to stretch the defence a bit more. He's doing really well for me there, and have noticed that Vico and Barkley find a lot more space when he's dragged the 2 left-sided defenders out towards the touchline.

screenshot20121106at131.png

Probably not playing with strictly my strongest team, but from a long-term point of view this is a transition season for Everton with the new TV deal next season. Trying to give Vico, Barkley and Okore some real first team exposure to develop them into the world-class players they can be while also making sure we qualify for Europe next season.

Barkley has 4.5 star potential, so probably nearer the roof of his -9 potential

In the medium-term I probably need a better right-back and in the long-term I'll need another centre-back to partner Okore (Not sure Duffy will cut it). May offload Pienaar in January depending on how happy he is on the bench and bring in a young GK to develop under Howard/Gordon.

Anyone have any suggestions for any good, long-term right-back options?

Yeah, I've actually switched to Coleman now - he's putting in some great performances and has really improved defensively, which I was worried about.

About halfway through the season now, and doing exceptionally well, unbeaten in 16 games.

screenshot20121108at145.png

screenshot20121108at145.png

Jelavic has been on absolute fire, scoring goal after goal - including 2 hat-tricks (One of which was away to Arsenal in the previous game). Fellaini has been a beast, completely dominating the midfield in nearly every game. And the creative trio of Vico, Barkley and Mirallas has been making things happen assists-wise along with chipping in with goals pretty regularly.

Okore has take Distin's place too and has been rapidly improving his attributes. Already the second best defender at the club, could even be better than Jagielka by season's end. Vico has improved massively too, and Barkley is doing well. The main tutorings are going very well too: Vico, Barkley and Okore being tutored by Pienaar, Hitzlsperger and Distin and all of their Determinations have shot up.

screenshot20121108at150.png

Really hopeful that I can keep this run going and secure Champions League football next season - and perhaps sneak in with a Cup win or two.

3rd season in. 8 games in coming 14th with only 2 wins, 2 draws and 4 losses. Season doesnt look too good. Fixtures next chelsea (H), arsenal (H), Manchester United (A). Been losing against teams like milwall and bolton. Win the next 3 fixtures 2-1, 5-4 and 4-2. Incredible!

Gutted isn't the word......My PC has given up the ghost, may take me a few months to get a new one.

Was on my 2nd season, in March 2014 - top of the league by 3pts (Man City hot on my heels) with 3rd place at least 12 points behind.

Was through the group stages of the Champions League, and had won the first knockout game 5-1, so already had a foot in the next round.

I'm guessing save games save to the PC rather than "Steam"?

Season 2 update

Well after the wonder that was season 1 and 4th place season 2 was a bit of a let down

The good points were reaching the 1st knock out round of the champions league and the finals of the Carling cup, but between an early knockout in the FA cup and missing out on europe in the league due to missing chances we should have taken the board was satisfied but not delighted.

barclayspremierleagueov.th.jpg

Thankfully the money from the new TV deal, and the champ league cash left me with a nice 30mil budget to improve the squad this year, though i've only spent half of it, and most of it on future players. I have however still improved the squad this year. Vellios Osman and Anichebe have moved on, Neville retired and joined my coaching staff while coming into the club are Marko Marin for 5.5mil Christian Benitez on a free and a certain player by the name of Jack Rodwell has returned on loan with a 5mil transfer fee agreed :D

evertontransfershistory.th.jpg

As for the future, here are the kids i've signed to be the future of the club

francescolovricoverview.th.jpg

mattiaperinoverviewprof.th.jpg

yassinebenziaoverviewpr.th.jpg

lobonatinioverviewprofi.th.jpg

markeletxeberriaovervie.th.jpg

tomasficekoverviewprofi.th.jpg

benvindodabooverviewpro.th.jpg

herbertbrautlachtovervi.th.jpg

As for our wonderful academy. Well not much has happened with it, but this lad did pop up :cool:

tianpawsonoverviewprofi.th.png

And finally the first team squad for the 2014/15 season

evertonsquadplayers.th.jpg

To those who don't know about Newgens appearing in the Academy:

- Max out the 'Junior Coaching' as far as it'll go every season, keep asking the Board to increase the spending.

- Make sure the staff person responsible for 'Bringing youth players into the club' (not the same same as signing youth players) has at least 18-20 Judging Potential Ability.

Both of those factors will heavily influence the quality of the Newgens coming into the Academy every March :)

I signed Ralf Rangnick, a German Director of Football and gave him the responsibility and the first batch of Newgens under him was very promising, 2 x 4* players and 1 x 3.5*, obviously these stars are relative and will change over time, but it's promising :D

Just at the end of January now, first in the league and into the Carling Cup final.

In January and out went Tony Hibbert for 750k after a transfer request and Vellios and Gueye out on loan because they just weren't getting enough gametime.

In came Andreas Cornelius for 3.5m over time and in various fees. Scored 2 in 4 with an assist added in for good measure. Bodes well for the future and is giving Jelavic much needed rest with important games coming thick and fast.

Also managed to get Ibrahima Mbaye on a pre-contract to join for free in July. 18 years of age, 4.5 star potential, positions all along the back four and in defensive midfield and good defensive and physical stats. Really happy that I managed to get him. Will probably come in to be tutored by Neville before being shipped off on loan.

Squad is *possibly* stretched a little thin with Duffy, Vellios, Gueye and Anichebe out on loan. However Duffy especially has really grown as a player and should be ready to step into the first team next year. Gueye would probably be getting some first team game time now, but he definitely needs a regular 90 minutes and only one of himself or Vico can start.

In comes George Green who's been performing very well when called upon. Like Barkley he seems to perform beyond his attributes would have you believe.

Vico, Barkley and Okore are developing brilliantly. All of them are taking really well to their tutorings. Barkley also seems to be getting those little indicators that his professional has shot up (Professional approach to his fitness, 'seems professional' as in-game motivation). Coleman, Howard and Mirallas are all surprise improvers too. Coleman especially is now a 3 star RB and defensively way more solid.

Okore is a great buy - once given a chance in the first team he's just made the position his own and has continued to improve and improve.

Strandberg is a good rotation buy, got attributes in all the right areas, will perform well when called upon. Also performs well at DM and MC, giving you that extra defensive midfield cover that Heitinga gives you.

assuming your in season 2, try get Marco Capuano. i got him for 5-6 mil and despite being young, he's got plenty of potential still and did the job for half the season when i only had jagielka as my only other fit CB. infact he finished with the highest rating of the 3

Capuano has a fixed potential i think, he can reach around the same level as Jagielka is at the start, but no more :)

There's a Chilean centreback at Fluminense in Brazil, starts off aged 20-ish, i've got him in season 3 and he's doing well.

Capuano has a fixed potential i think, he can reach around the same level as Jagielka is at the start, but no more :)

There's a Chilean centreback at Fluminense in Brazil, starts off aged 20-ish, i've got him in season 3 and he's doing well.

Got Brazil league loaded, and a large DB, and I can't find that Chilean centre back

Season 3

Things started well after 5 games and then went downhill badly :D

Had a LOT of trouble with playing an AML and AMR in the 4-2-3-1, the fullbacks were having to deal with wingers AND forwards moving into the channels and the majority of goals i conceded were from throughballs or crosses. Coleman's form dipped horrendously as a result and Baines was only saved by his assists.

Had to look again at the tactics and how i could null the threat from wide. Decided to drop the AML and AMR down to ML and MR and drop the 2 MCs down to 2 DMCs instead.

23lia87.jpg

Allowing Dennis Praet a lot of creative freedom and allowing him to roam (not set by default) is proving useful and he's working well with Javier Hernandez!

2s0k29c.jpg

Still a very thin squad, lacking in real quality out wide and centrehalf.

Board is in the middle of a takeover with a Consortium so here's hoping they clear some debts or invest!

Would Defour not be a better DLP?

Also I've found over the years having a small squad with players who can play in multiple positions is the best way of managing the clubs finances. Even saving 50k a week in wages through having a small squad saves over £2.5m a year (plus the saved money on signing the player, agent fee etc.)

I've customised a lot of the instructions anyway so the player roles are just for show :)

Barkley isn't developing as I'd hope, seems to be excelling at certain attributes while others have stalled, time to look at his training! Hoping to involve George Green next season and maybe send Jelavic on his way.

March 2015 and Kenwright has stepped aside and Chris Cheshunts Consortium has taken over :D

He's consolidated 2 remaining loans into a long-term £38m one, invested £22m (we were -£14m) and upgraded the Training and Youth Facilities. Club reputation has also gone up from 3.5* to 4* so we've jumped ahead of AC Milan, Dortmund and Arsenal :D

For some reason the stadium expansion says 'maxed' at 48,000 (when i know i set it at 50,000) and he won't build a new stadium :(

Archived