Champions of Europe 2012/13 Thread

Philip Rolfe

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do we? With Hazard, Mata, Oscar, Lampard etc in the team I'd have thought the best option would be a Hernandez/van Nistelrooy/Huntelaar type player just to poach.

I think we're definitely trying to play in a way where ALL of the attacking players are involved in the buildup. Personally I don't mind as long as he scores but I don't really like Hernandez anyway and there's no way he joins us either.

Thoughts on Javier Hernandez? United have an over abundance of strikers, so might be open to leave. No footballing ability whatsoever except he knows to finish.
Huge fan of Chicharito, imagine having a #9 who knew how to finish!?

Oh you poor naive souls... can't have him though, I don't care if he's crap atm, I still love him.

Ya found this news.

http://thechels.net/2012/08/anderlechts-kouyate-linked-with-chelsea/

The latest news comes from DH, who suggest that Blues scout Tony White (who does a lot of work in France and the Benelux region) is looking to finalise a deal for Senegalese defender Cheikhou Kouyaté.

The 22 year-old, who wore the number 8 for his country at the London 2012 Olympic Games, would not currently qualify for a work permit but DH claim that he is in the latter stages of finalising paperwork to acquire Belgian citizenship.

A fee of €7m has been floated for the 6’4″ youngster, who can also play in midfield, with talk that some or part of the fee would be bonus/incentive-based. Roma, Arsenal, and Tottenham are all also believed to be interested.

it was a tap-in in an empty net though :D

but aside from the goal he was decent, in spite of his bad ball control

Eden Hazard was also decent but not up to his high standards. Courtois was excellent as always (and hopefully became the definite number 1 for the qualifiers) and De Bruyne was also very good, especially his ridiculous pass that led to the 4-2.

Hutch has gone to Forest. Really exciting move for him.

Down to 24 players. And that includes Malouda and Benayoun who look like they may be leaving.

Pleased for Sam, assuming Azpilicueta is close now from the media stuff and if we're letting Hutch leave. Do we have any idea what Malouda and Benayound's destinations will be? Haven't heard much about either for a little while

Hutch has gone to Forest. Really exciting move for him.

Down to 24 players. And that includes Malouda and Benayoun who look like they may be leaving.

Delighted he's going to be getting a chance for regular football, but a little disappointed a Premiership side didn't take him. He's got the talent to hold his own at a mid-table side IMO, although perhaps Chelsea want him to prove his fitness at a lower level first. Nottm Forest have spoken about how highly Chelsea rate him though (on the BBC page) so hopefully he'll have a future with us, even if he'll be about 24/25 before he gets the chance to make his mark.

Thoughts on Javier Hernandez? United have an over abundance of strikers, so might be open to leave. No footballing ability whatsoever except he knows to finish.

ESPN understands that Manchester United have rejected an approach from Chelsea for Mexican striker Javier Hernandez.

That Essien video is great, but the thing that annoys me about that is how Shaun Wright-Phillips grabs him and pulls him down before he gets the chance to run off and celebrate with the fans. I reckon he was cleary about to dive right into the front row and start a mini riot, haha. Great goal though, just ashame about that bellend ruining his moment.

Archived