Ri916's FM 12 Youth Academy Challenge!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First youth intake of BSP has brought me a English Liberian who has the potential to be a leading league 1 player boom!! According to my scouts sobill take that with a pinch of Salt also got 3 internationals now for luxembourg Canada and anguillia

Jus finished demolishing grimsby 4-0 now sitting in 13th after 38 games 10 points from play offs it will be done :)

Hendon 2014/15 Mid-Season report

After a shaky start, we have well and truly established ourselves in the divisions, and a play-off place may not be out of our reach. I also made it out of the 2nd quali round of the FA Cup for the first time, but didn't make it to the 1st Round proper, and our FA Trophy run ended abruptly too.

Our junior coaching budget has been increased too, which is vital as we do not own our youth facilities, and if we stay up, I'll be looking at rectifying that.

It is worth noting that, compared to Carshalton, Hendon are much more consistent and predictable. We have had one problem player however, but he has been dealt with. More details in my end of season report!

FC United of Manchester: Season 3 - 2014/2015

imgres.jpg

The 'Surprise Package' Season

Seasons: 1 | 2

Season round-up:

League: BSN

League Position: 5th (Play-Offs Winner)

FA Cup: 3rd Rnd Q

FA Trophy: 3rd Rnd Q

Top Goalscorer: Fowler (19)

Top Assists: Fowler (13)

Star Man: Fowler

Transferes

Fixtures:

P1

P2

Squad

Wow. We got promotion!

Over the summer the main focus was staff. I employed two new staff members to help my players develop. I appointed Alan Connell and Chris Cleaver due to their coaching Att/Def stats. The main ambition for the season was to push towards the top half. I was very disappointed that we only just beat our first season total of 50 points.

A win on the opening day vindicated my decision to stick with the 4-3-3 formation. Although its only a game, you could really see the squad maturing. We lost one game in August and we sat mid table. I switched between the 4-3-3 and a very attacking 4-5-1 where I played a very high line and a very high tempo. It worked and the players responded to it. September was like August, and we kept picking up points and wins, gone was the inconstancy of Season 1 and 2. Despite the embarrassing defeat to Kendal in the FA Cup, after 14 games we sat in 5th and very much in the mix.

In November we were knocked out of the FA Trophy, another season without a cup run. To coincide with this slipped down the table and we started to flirt with mid-table obscurity. We sat in the top 10 at the turn of the year and a few tweaks to tactics saw a fantastic run. We were undefeated in January and despite a small blip at the start of February we climbed the table. Undefeated in March we looked ahead. I knew if we got one or two regens in March that could make an impact we could certainly make a surge towards the play-offs.

March saw us fall and it looked like the young squad would falter. A 4-1 victory over Lowestoft and a draw vs Harrogate saw us going into the final day of the season with a chance of a play off sport. Solihull Moors were a point ahead of us and a point off the final play off spot. A 3-2 victory, and a little bit of luck, saw us clinch the final play-off spot.

Halifax finished 2nd in the table and I wasn't hopeful of a win. We got quite lucky. We equalized in the 92nd minute in the home leg and managed to scrape a 1-1 draw at The Shay, again with a late draw. We entreated extra time and scored in the 108th minute. The two late goal scores in both kegs were players who had regen'd only two months earlier.

The final was just like the semi's. Smash it and grab it. Barrow are a team I hate playing. However, we somehow managed to take them to extra time and in the final minute of extra time Mal Neale scored to take FC United into the Blue Square Prem.

Youth Intake

I seem to be getting some really good youth players. Three of the last crop has PA's apparently good enough to grace L2. It was my first season after updating Junior Coaching to 'Good'

YP03's

Frank Smith | Report

Mal Neale | Report

Ray Pearce | Report

Jordan Dunwell | Report

Phil Wilson | Report

Sean Pemberton | Report

YP's:

Martin Fowler: Record

Wayne Cope | Record

Lee Jarivs

Next Season:

Lets stay up!

EDIT: New stadium to be built and finished by 2017. Stadium will cost £5.25m and have 5500 seats.

hey guys wow a lot has happened since i last checked in. just to let you know my hendon are going strong but i have a lot of commitments this next week and then im off on holidays for 2 weeks after that. i will try and get one season done in the next week tho. dont worry i intend to play this file till fm14 :)

Trusler- Congrats on the promotion mate (a season before me :mad:) some good youth coming through for you now and its funny that we have exactly the same stadium being built at the exact same time. (is yours called the marginson stadium?)

Hypanimz- Welcome to the challenge. well done on completing dafauges challenge and hopefully you can now do well here :)

Tom- Good luck with Stafford. Havent had anyone playing them so far so it should be interesting to see how you do.

Drew - Congrats, Foulkes does look good. And Frew looks like he's going to be great.

Trusler - Great season! :thup: And with a few adjustments you'll be fine with BSP especially with some of the youth coming through. Very jealous.

Conman - Keep it up. Seem to be doing well, look forward to the update!

My Youth Intake was no way near as good as I expected considering my facilities. Only one decent player, being Steve Jones, and one average guy signed just to pad out the squad. Oh well, still have a good chance of getting promoted so on with that.

Well, pre-season was a disaster. Drew my first game 1-1 with BSP Hereford, then got smashed by Aston Villa, Aston Villa Reserves and Bolton. Decided to set up two easy wins against Venture and my U18's but i drew the first giving away a 2 goal lead and then lost 2-1 to my U18 side.. this will be challenging.

Hypanimz, you'll have fun regardless. My side only got 5 points from the first 10-12 games. But once they got comfortable with my (lack of) style of play we've improved a lot.
Im definately having fun. Played 3 league games so far, a 2-0 defeat, 1-1 draw and a 3-0 victory. Im trying to get my team to play my Champions League winning FC United formation, which is based of Barcelona.. going to play attractive football all the way :D

Edit: Just beat Halifax 4-0 away, My formation seems to be gelling now.

Because surviving relegation is in the BSN/S (touch wood) only a step away from the Barclay's Prem I was wondering what the rule is for when your chairman brings in Fernando Torres (or his Grandson in 2063) for £50m?

Does one stick him in the reserves until he can be sold or play normally?

Carshalton Atheltic

In My view we had a good pre season beaten the likes of Bolton Barnsley and drawing with Blackpool and Birmingham. So with those results i sort of knew we had what it takes to stay up Started off great with 3 games on the bounce and looking to be heading to Npower League 2 but after couple of injurys again!!! and a thin squad i could see that we weren't quite ready for the next step up so i am extreamly pleased where we finished and this season will push us onto the the play offs next season.

Finances - looking really healthy

Transfers

League Table - Respectable finish inside the top 10

Player Stats

Team Stats

Youth Player intake

(YP01)

Gage

(YP02)

Doe - i am hoping i will be able too keep hold of this kid for a long time signed up till 2020

Doe Report

Key players

Nicholls - i was going to name this kid (YP1) but he wasn't as good as Gage when he came in but it just shows watch match experience does for you

Baah - no not Demba its Super Merrick ;)

U18s - Looking good considering the teams they have to play

FA Cup beaten in the 1st proper round by Yeovil Disappointing this result

FA Trophy beaten in 1st round by Salibury another dissapointing cup game

International Players

Next Season Ambitions : Play offs or better

9889.png

HENDON FC

2014/15 Season

Blue Square South

Media Prediction - 17th

Finished - 18th - Table

Top Scorer - Elliott Godfrey (13)

FA Cup

2nd Quali Round	Newport (Isle of Wight) 1-3 Hendon
3rd Quali Round	Hendon 4-3 Eastleigh
4th Quali Round	Bromley 5-2 Hendon

FA Trophy

3rd Quali Round	Hendon 4-0 Sholing
1st Round	Hendon 0-2 AFC Telford United

Transfers - I'm no fackin' wheelah dealah

Final squad v Wealdstone Pt 1 - Pt 2

My first season at Hendon has come to an end, and I'm afraid to say that I'm worried it may turn out the same as Carshalton. Yes I kept them up, but our end of season form was horrendous, only one win in the last 12 games. I've ensured that I've kept most of the experienced players for next season, to keep some bulk in it. I still haven't had a proper cup run yet either, which is extremely disappointing.

I also had a minor revolt to deal with - centre midfielder Matt Daniels deciding he was bigger than the club. His contract was terminated, and he's subsequently found himself at Billericay.

Welcome to Hendon

Class of 2015

Considering the quality of the facilities, we have some good players waiting in the wings.

Matthew Reeves - ST. A 6'9 beast of a striker, but with stats more akin to a poacher. Kinda like Peter Crouch I guess! Gave him a run out in the last few games due to a lack of goals from other strikers, and seems to be a shoe-in for a starting role next season.

Apps	Gls	Asts	MoM	AvRat
14/15	7(1)	3	2	0	6.90

Damien Foster - ST. Looks more like a target man than Reeves. If our striking problem continue, he may form ap artnership with Reeves at some point. One to watch.

Christos Alexandrou - DL. Nice to have a decent prospect in an area which has been a problem all season. Gave him a game towards the end, and didn't screw up anyway. Definitely getting more game time next season.

Apps	Gls	Asts	MoM	AvRat
14/15	1	0	0	0	6.70

Next season

After the shambles of Carshalton, I'm only aiming for safety again in 2015/16. Anything more is a bonus. Continued improvement of youth facilities would be nice, and the board have just announced the capacity is to be increased by 1000 (although we still do not own the stadium). A long term plan has to be moving into our own place. Maybe a good season next year will make that happen.

Conman14 - hendon is one of the toughest teams to start with, your doing well, i got rid of most of the players that were in the team in the first season and relied on all youth and you should manage a nice mid table. im in the 18/19 season now and dominating the league. you can see my progress through this thread if your interested. chin up and good luck

Season 2 is in the books and talk about going from one extreme to the other.....

Full season review later tonight when the kid is in bed.

Just wanted to post to ask a question, although the_greyham seems to have inadvertently answered it for him in the post above.

My main player is my FC, but he is on 575 a week (highest at the club by 200) and is entering his last year. He will renew, but not without taking a lot more from me. Have others just given in to existing players and put themselves in financial difficulties or sold them off to let the youth push through?

Currently thinking of letting him go this summer and seeing if I can get anything for him (value is 16k currently). Even if he goes on a free, it saves me 29,640 in wages for the upcoming season.

Wanting to play this as real as possible, and with the club now 20,000 in the red I want to try and keep us afloat.

Toonbalmy - Doing well there. Doe has very good mental attributes.

Conman - Matthew Reeves looks immense. 6"9 is massive, lets hope he can become massive :D

Braumiller - I have a similar situation apart from my guy won't renew. He is such a key player that I would pay anything to keep him and try and do other things to keep afloat. It really comes down to how much you need him and whether you have a good replacement for him.

Yeah I'm not sure whether to convert him to a Target man or just run with being a poacher....

He's got decent physical stats you just need to train up his heading. It all just depends on what suits your formation and tactic best.

braumiller - if you dont think you have the youths to cover his position keep him other wise get rid, i have 4 players from the original squad still but only because i havent had good mc's come through, there on 200-475 per week whereas my youths are between 30-200. if you can play without him, do if he is too key keep, also in pre season run 2-3 cup friendlies against some prem/championship sides this generates around 500k

Just wanted to post to ask a question, although the_greyham seems to have inadvertently answered it for him in the post above.

My main player is my FC, but he is on 575 a week (highest at the club by 200) and is entering his last year. He will renew, but not without taking a lot more from me. Have others just given in to existing players and put themselves in financial difficulties or sold them off to let the youth push through?

Just had the same situation with a central defender. He was on £675/week. He would renew, but as £675/week was all I could offer, he wanted all sorts. 20%/year wage rise, insane (for a BSN club) loyalty bonus, £100 appearance bonus and £150 clean sheet bonus. Oh I forgot to mention the sell on bonus and promotion wage rise of 25% !!!!

I quickly figured it would be more benficial in the long run to let him go, although we have struggled a bit so far this season ....

Trusler- Congrats on the promotion mate (a season before me :mad:) some good youth coming through for you now and its funny that we have exactly the same stadium being built at the exact same time. (is yours called the marginson stadium?)

Yep, i'd rather it was called something else!

ToonBalmy- A very good job to almost get playoffs in your first season up. some great youth coming through and I think you may even go a step further next year!

Conman- Well done on survival in the first season. Just look to improve a little each season.

After having attempted this challenge on FM07 and managing promotion to the EPL in just 35 short seasons (although I couldn't manage to stay in the EPL), and having had completed pretty much every other FM challenge, I'm thinking of taking this up again, although I will be doing it on FM11 (as I didn't get around to purchasing FM12) - let me know if this is ok.

Thanks,

Mark

Drew. Lowestoft Town. Blue Square Prem. 2016/2017

Table - Decent season, we never troubled the play-off places, and there was no way that we were going to get embroiled in a relegation battle, just a mid-table average side, though next season will be tough as the sides in and around me are getting better, and buying half decent players.

The Squad

Aradavan Dobinson YP1 had a decent season, I doubt he'll improve any more, so I'm hoping we get a half decent goalie in soon.

Callum Foulkes YP2 had a good season, 19 goals scored, taking him past 50 for the club, just a shame he had no decent partner up front, will be looking for him to lead the line next season.

Rob McVarish had a pretty poor season, only 6 goals scored, I'll use him as backup next season.

Glen Franks YP4 was a star at the back, and chipped in with a few goals, he will be pivotal at the back for us next season.

Ollie Driver YP5 had an okay season I guess, 9 goals from the 16 year old, I'll try and get him some more game time next season alongside Foulkes.

Christian Frew YP6 I'll try and get him as much game time next season as I can, and try and make a tactic that will suit him the best.

Finances - Pre-season money spinners help a lot during the summer.

Proof that I'm not cheating

I had a lot of injuries in the last couple of months of the season. Still no excuse for losing the last 9 games when I only needed 1 point to survive. It was still a load of fun though.

I'll start a new game tomorrow.

I'm all too familiar with injuries ruining something. I'm currently on course to get promoted, or at least I was until I was hit with massive injuries to my best players. Now i'm struggling to pick up points and it looks like I've pretty much thrown the title away..

Anyway good luck with the new game. Will you start over again or continue and pick a team that comes up?

Tcfc.png

FM11 - Truro City FC 2011/12 Season - Blue Square Bet South - Marky Mark!

2011/12 - BSS, 14th

42 Pld, 13 Won, 14 Drn, 15 Lst, 55 For, 64 Ag, -9 GD, 53 Pts

League / Domestic Cups

Inheriting squad on the older side, I was hoping to be able to make the most of an experienced squad and maybe push for promotion in the first season, and after the first 6 games I was sitting in the playoff spots, but after that things went downhill, and by the midpoint of the season I was very close to relegation!

I managed to pick up a few wins towards the end of the season, but still finished a disappointing 14th (although the board were rapped with that result).

2012 League Table and Graph

In the domestic cups, I was knocked out of the FA Cup in the 2nd Qual Round by lower division side St Albans, however did a bit better in the FA Trophy, reaching the 2nd round before losing 3-6 to BSP side Hampton & Richmond

Star Players / Team Summary

Fan's Player of the Season - Stewart Yetton

In a disappointing opening season, the Fan's Player of the Season was 26 year old striker Stewart Yetton, who topped the scoring for Truro with 12 goals from 31 appearances at 6.88 - not amazing reading, but it goes to show how the rest of the team performed (no-one managed to average over 7)

Best U18 Player - Royston King

There were several U18 players who were given starts in the senior side, but one player stood out from the start of the season, and that was 17 year old central defender Royston King, who was so impressive he managed to play all 48 games for the season, and I am expecting big things from him in the future

Seasonal Best XI

Finances / Facilities

Finance wise, I obviously didn't spend any money on transfers, and was $300 per week under the wage budget, however I still managed to lose $70k - which doesn't sound like a lot, but given my sponsorship deal is only worth $7.5k / year, it's not a good start.

2012 Finances

Obviously haven't had a chance to improve the club facilities, so they currently stand as follows:

Corporate Facilities: Fairly Basic

Training Facilities: Adequate

Youth Facilities: Average

Youth Recruitment: Basic

Despite never really threatening to make the playoff spots, I managed to get a lot of games into some of my U18 players (more than I would have liked, but it was more out of desperation), and hopefully this will result in an improved performance next season - only time will tell!

I'm all too familiar with injuries ruining something. I'm currently on course to get promoted, or at least I was until I was hit with massive injuries to my best players. Now i'm struggling to pick up points and it looks like I've pretty much thrown the title away..

Anyway good luck with the new game. Will you start over again or continue and pick a team that comes up?

I'll start a new game with only the English leagues selected. I selected way to many in this save.

I know you can remove leagues now but it feels unnatural. I'd probably keep going if a promoted team was without a manager, but I don't think that will be the case.

Good luck on getting your best players back fit and gaining promotion.

Edit: Cor blimey, that was a quick season Mark. Congratulations on staying up.

Edit 2: So long sweet prince. :( I would have would have followed you, my brother...my captain... my king. Shane Stockwell (YP1): Be at peace, Son of Morden (London).

Best U18 Player - Royston King

There were several U18 players who were given starts in the senior side, but one player stood out from the start of the season, and that was 17 year old central defender Royston King, who was so impressive he managed to play all 48 games for the season, and I am expecting big things from him in the future

This guy looks like an absolute beast! Should be a 1st team player next season for certain. Well done on 14th place and i'm sure with the youth intake you will do better next time round!

Donald- Damn thats unlucky. You only needed 1 point in the last nine games! hope to see you back with another challenging team as I think you can keep them up :)

Drew- A solid midtable finish is very good. I think you can make the playoffs next season

Mark- well done keeping Truro up. With you playing fm11 your game will be a bit different (no youth intake, team meetings ect.) but I am still happy for you to post updates :)

TM- Our first football league player! I love the video update and I think you should keep doing it but could you still at least include the screenshots required in the OP :)

Guys, It would be really helpful if you could include a 'code' with your progress from each season in updates. This makes it easier for me to give relevant replies because I sometimes forget how someone did in their previous seasons!

TM- Our first football league player! I love the video update and I think you should keep doing it but could you still at least include the screenshots required in the OP :)

Guys, It would be really helpful if you could include a 'code' with your progress from each season in updates. This makes it easier for me to give relevant replies because I sometimes forget how someone did in their previous seasons!

Glad you liked it, I already uploaded the screenshots, so I will add those in soon and I will add a code in :)

Archived