Ri916's FM 12 Youth Academy Challenge!

Hendon 2017/18 mid-season update

Poor cup showing, but our league form is steady, consistent and good. 40 points has been reached already, so we should be safe already...no-one's particularly shining though :p

Also got offered a job at Walsall and Hereford, on the same day too....needless to say I rejected.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
While I'm at it, I'll stake my claim for a Hall of fame place.

Clean sheets by a youth keeper in a season - Bradley Power YP02-2. 17 in 2016/17 I'll upload the proof at the end of the season, but at the current rate, he could beat that record, as he has 15 already this season, and 5 games left to play (could be 7 or 8 yet, but it's looking doubtful we'll make the playoffs now.)

Bradley has now broken that record with 3 clean sheets in a row, and still 2 games left to play, so he could still set a decent benchmark for everyone to aim for.

Having finished pre season, a superb first two games of BSN life has come about. Firstly, beating relegated Braintree 2-1 away is a great result.

We then faced Worcester in our first home game, which was announced to be a fan day, and brought about a bumper 3263 crowd.

[video=youtube;fQksYqTxHKc]

To say that I could not have asked for a better scoreline and display would be an understatement.

Long may this continue!

I'm going to start over again, St Albans as i got it only has 7 subs of which 3 are GK so not much u can do with that.

Will update later

Could be worse, when I started with Northwich, I only had 17 players. Very frequently, I could only name 3 or 4 subs until I got my first youth intake.

Northwich Victoria - 2017/18

Cups first for a change ....

Competition   Round   Opponent            Location   Score    Attendance
FA Cup        Q2      Hemel Hempstead     Home        2-0     951
FA Cup        Q3      Stafford            Home        2-0     889
FA Cup        Q4      Stockport County    Home        0-0     2015
FA Cup        Q4 (R)  Stockport County    Away        1-2     1992
FA Cup        1       Fleetwood           Home        1-1     4028
FA Cup        1  (R)  Fleetwood (TV)      Away        p1-1    4540
FA Trophy     Q3      Hyde                Home        3-2     493
FA Trophy     1       Chasetown           Away        1-2     139
FA Trophy     2       FC Halifax          Away        1-2     812
FA Trophy     3       Tamworth            Home        1-1     571
FA Trophy     3  (R)  Tamworth            Away        1-1p    1155
FA Trophy     4       Chester             Home        1-0     674
FA Trophy     SF1     Mansfield           Away        Postponed
FA Trophy     SF1     Mansfield           Home        1-0     1848
FA Trophy     SF2     Mansfield           Away        3-3     1695
FA Trophy     F       Eastbourne Boro     Neutral     0-4     19362        WINNERS!

As you can see, an astounding season in the cups, ending in a top notch match at Wembley where BSP team Eastbourne Boro were demolished 4-0. The only downside was that with all those extra games, we had a lot of re-arranged matches which led to fixture congestion right through to the end of March. In the FA Cup, L1 side Fleetwood were taken the distance, with the replay being televised. Unfortunately, they were better at penalties than we were :(

In the league, our form was patchy, mainly because of all the extra cup games. It meant that the players were tired most of the time, so I had to keep chopping and changing the team to try and keep everyone as fit as possible. The fixture congestion at times was horrendous, especially at the end of March when the original SF 1st leg against Mansfield was postponed. That meant I then had a run of 7 games in 17 days (listed below).

21/3 Stalybridge (a) 2-0

24/3 Mansfield (h) 1-0

27/3 Mansfield (a) 3-3

31/3 Solihull (a) 2-1

2/4 Lowestoft (h) 3-1

4/4 Barrow (h) 1-0

7/4 Hereford (h) 0-2

For some strange reason after the Hereford game, I had 7 players who needed resting..... Anyway, the teams form was patchy through out the season, but once again, another strong run in meant we finished reasonably well, with 2 wins and 2 draws in the final 4 league games meant we finished 11th with 62 points. It wasn't quite what I was expecting, as my goal was to get into the playoffs again, but under the circumstances, I'm satisfied with how the season finished. The highlight of the season however, was 6 games in. We were away to Port Vale, and they were 1 of the favourites for promotion this season. At half time, the score was 1-1. It didn't finish that way ....

Season          P    W    D     L     GF    GA    GD    Points   Pos.     Notes
2012/13         42   20   12    10    65    34    +31     72     6th      Not a bad first season.
2013/14         42   21   9     12    49    30    +19     72     5th      Lost in playoff semi.
2014/15         42   19   8     15    48    45    +3      65     7th      2 points shy of playoffs
2015/16         42   11   8     23    32    58    -26     41     18th     Disastrous season!
2016/17         42   21   12    9     63    40    +23     75     5th      Best season yet, mullered in playoffs though.
2017/18         42   17   11    14    63    45    +18     62     11th     Lot's of tired players. Having to chop and change too much.

A new chairman took over the club at the beginning of February, and the first thing he did was take out a loan of £215,000 to get the club back into the black. Thankfully, the loan repayments are only £1476 a month. I wasn't to disappointed, as despite 2 strong cup runs and a strong (financially) pre-season, we were on course to make a healthy profit, but would still be roughly £130,000 in the red (at the time of writing this). One benfit though, was that the new chairman agreed at the start of March to increase the clubs junior coaching to excellent. However, my youth intake was worse than the previous 2 seasons when it was only rated as good. However, Wally Weston (report card) and David Russell (report card) did stand out, so they will get the YP tags this year.

Youth Players

I've used a few more players this season, so here's a quick summary of how they have managed in the team this season (8 games minimum)

Player                    Pos.  Games   Con.  CS.  Goals  Assist  MoM  Red  Yellow  Av. Rating
Brett Comyn-Platt         GK    8       11    2    -      -       0    0    1       6.72
Bradley Power YP02-2      GK    49      46    20   -      -       0    0    0       6.65
Stephen Haddow YP04-2     D L   44      -     -    -      2       2    1    10      6.97
Frank Lenders YP02-1      D C   45(8)   -     -    6      1       5    0    3       7.09
Stewart Fisher            D C   12(8)   -     -    1      0       1    0    0       6.91
Hakin Tran                D C   9(9)    -     -    1      2       1    0    0       6.95
Daniel Jones              D R   42      -     -    1      3       1    0    3       7.14
Darren McCready           D R   8       -     -    0      1       1    0    1       7.05
Alastair Holsgrove        M C   10(11)  -     -    0      0       0    0    1       6.65
Aiden Jones               M C   24(19)  -     -    5      5       2    0    1       6.85
Ben Ryan YP01             M C   44(12)  -     -    4      11      4    0    5       6.88
William Pratt YP03        M C   32(16)  -     -    1      2       1    0    5       6.67
Christopher Rodgers       M C   6(2)    -     -    1      0       0    0    0       6.81
Ahmet Ozturk              ST    35(2)   -     -    10     7       2    0    2       6.89
Les Beck YP04-1           ST    48(1)   -     -    17     10      6    0    2       7.04
Jimmy Morton              ST    17(7)   -     -    7      0       1    0    1       6.73

Lenders and Beck are getting better and better with each season, while Daniel Jones has massively improved this year.

Special mention though for Bradley Power YP02-2. He kept 20 clean sheets during the season.

Transfers - I'm clean. There will be a lot more activity next season, as I'm having a massive clear out. I've currently got 73 players at the club.

Overall, a good, solid and unspectacular season. For next season, my aims are playoffs minimum, 2nd round of the FA cup, get the wage bill down (currently £330,000/year) and stay in the black. The future's bright. the future's Green :D

Sorry for the long post, but there has been a lot to report for the season. I've also taken the liberty of bolding the links to the screen shots to make them stand out a bit more.

Gratz Hawker a few straight for 1st team and a lot for the futur

I have a question: How can i put YP01 behind the names of the new youth players??

Go to player interaction (in the top right corner when you click on someone's name) and click on Set Nickname just above Keep players history and just put the full name in followed by YP whatever.

Avramski - Congrats on winning the FA Trophy. I could never do well in that competition, always failed at the first hurdle..

I'm the 3rd manager to win the FA Trophy. Quite a nice payout for a day at Wembley as well :D

Oops haha my bad :o You got quite a big attendance for a BSN team at Wembley. Must have been covered by Tv as well which must have meant more money! :D

Yeah. I may just put out a team of youngsters for Q3 this season, as I was having to make 3 or 4 changes for nearly every match. Out of the 2 cups, I much prefer a half decent run in the FA Cup, as you get better prize money and more people through the gates. 2nd round will do me, as that will generate quite a bit of money.

Mind you, I'll not say no to Man Utd away in the 3rd round :D

EDIT :: Nicely timed boost for the team. It has been announced just before the start of the season that 3 of the favourites for promotion (Hereford, Port Vale ans Stockport), have been deducted 10 points for going into administration.

Northampton 4 - 5 Chester

The most amazing match i've ever been involved in! At half time we were 2 down, so for the first time in a while I re-introduced the hair dryer treatment! Soon enough we were 3 down, but 8 minute later Sarcevic turned up with a special goal as he has done so often. Then it appeared to be all over and looked to be getting worse 4 minutes later as Jack Smith scored his 4th for Northampton, bringing the score to 4 - 1... I moved some players around and introduced Lewis Jones for the 12th time since his career began in 2011! It was desperate times with Petrillo and Smart away on International duty and some how we won 5 - 4!!!

[Edit] My Assistant Manager and my Captain have both praised my post match, whilst Kyle Pope has revealed my anger from the half time teamtalk :D

I got Fulham on the 3rd round heat them and then played Wigan but got beat by them wtf haha!!

What's everyone's biggest scalp?? In the cups

So far a 5 - 1 victory over Championship side Hull City, then lost to Premiership side Wolves in the 2nd round in League Cup.

I got Fulham on the 3rd round heat them and then played Wigan but got beat by them wtf haha!!

What's everyone's biggest scalp?? In the cups

I'm appalling in the cups but I can't complain really, I play all the youth players that don't get a look in as my squad is tiny and cannot cope with the league games as it is, never mind the cups.

Hastingsunited.jpg

Hastings United - Blue Square South - 2012/2013

League Table - A good first season, we did hit the relegation zone, but from March our form got a lot better!

FA Cup - Lost in the 2nd Qualifying Round against Dover.

FA Trophy - I made it a bit further in this, beating Margate & Chelmsford 1-0 before losing 1-0 to Hinckley in the 2nd Round.

Squad - We have a good squad even though we are a little top heavy.

Key Players:

Joe Barney (D C/R)

Jason Tillen (YP1) (ST) - He joined us in March, 9 games 6 goals, his stats dropped a bit but hopefully good things will come next season.

Transfers - or lack of.

Season      Division          Position     Achievements
2012/13   Blue Square South     17th       Survived

Ok so 2nd season in League 2 and I'm in 4th and just 2 points off 3rd (automatic promotion place) with 3 games to go. Squeaky bum time as SAF would say! :D

So we crumbled under the pressure but got a play-off place where we played Accrington Stanley who we beat 4-2 on aggregate so not too nervy. We now have Bournemouth in the final at Wembley. We lost to them in the last game of the season which prevented us getting an automatic promotion and resigned us to more games in the play-offs, so we are out to seek revenge!

Edit: Arghh! Both of my main strikers have had to go off in the first 10 minutes! We're one nil up but it's very nervy already..

haha! Promoted! League 1 baby, here we come!

Full update later.

Match preparation of defending set pieces should help to some extent.

It's been set to that since one of the first games when we conceded from multiple set pieces haha.

Good luck TWFL!

Amazing work with Carshalton TWFL!

Halfway through my first season with Lowestoft, after a good start we are playing awfully. We've been really unlucky with injuries, losing our 2 best players for 4 months each.

I'm just hoping for some good youths.

Fantastic stuff TWFL!!! Look at that attendance!!!

Haha thanks! I'm pretty certain that most of the fans came from Bournemouth though! ;) Congrats about De Petrillo. He must be a huge improvement to most of the Sammarinese players?

Weymouth_Badge_2011-2012.jpg

Weymouth FC Summary - Season 2015-16

Season 4 Targets

* Promotion! Not as big a reach as once imagined, but still a tough ask right now Achieved!! Finished 2nd, won the play-offs

* Maintain wage bill. Original YPs are now signing new contracts and original players are now leaving. A balancing act. Achieved, ran most of the season at around 1,900 pw

* A decent cup run. Would definitely help finances. Achieved. Made it to the FA Cup 3rd round

* Operate in profit again. Achieved, but only just and thanks to the 2 play off home games with bumper crowds

What a year and where oh where did my fingernails go!

For the second year in a row we got out of the gates at a slower than expected pace, but we were able to gradually build our momentum and challenge for honours. Ultimately we fell short of claiming the first piece of silverware of my reign, but 3 very good play-off games saw us promoted!

Play-off semi final opponents were one of our listed rivals, Dorchester. Going into the game we had won only 1 of our previous 9 encounters, but a gutsy 3-2 away win in the away leg was followed by a tight 1-0 home win and we were going to be playing in theclubs biggest game for quite some time.

Play off final opponents were Welling, who we had also struggled against. One win in 6 meetings against them. This night though was nothing short of spectacular and the best Weymouth performance of the season was saved for the last game of the season. A mammoth 5-1 result and a fitting MoM finale for Sam Bryant with 2 goals and 2 assists.

Final League Table

The FA Cup run provided the fans with a lot of entertainment as well, including our first ever league scalp when we traveled to Kenilworth Road and beat L2 Luton Town in round 2. Round 3 saw a home tie against top of L2 Port Vale and reality set back in with a comprehensive 0-4 loss.

The FA Trophy run was short lived and best forgotten!

Youth Intake

The pre-season saw the board agree for the 4th pre-season in a row to improve our junior coaching, this time resulting in it being ranked as 'Excellent'. It is now costing us just over 21,000 per month in youth set-up costs, so financially we are set up to live or die by the (youth) sword.

This years intake of youth was again pleasing. Four players were tagged YP 4x, with the top prospect being Nathan Clark (YP 4a) Report Card | Starting Attributes. A natural DM or MC, I am hoping he will form a long lasting partnership with last years uber talent Sam Bryant (YP 3a).

For the first time I did not just sign all of the youths to youth deals, infact more than half were let go once their youth trials expired.

Additionally, around a dozen youth players from the first couple of intake are being let go when their contracts expire this summer.

I am very happy with the midfield and attack for the years ahead (barring any talent poaching from higher reputation clubs), but I am beginning to become very concerned about my defence and goalkeeping situation.

I have always had a leaky defence, but the initial year 1 youth intake defenders I received are failing to live up to the immediate excitement.

My GK has been the same for all 4 seasons and is constantly the brunt of my backroom staff's advice to drop him due to poor form, with not one good youth intake option to appear.

As it stands in my first year in the BSP coming up, I need to score more than I concede. Sounds blatantly obvious, but I do not see (m)any clean sheets in my future.

Weymouth Progress

Year   Season   League   Target Description  Target Positions   Final Position  Wins   Draws   Losses   For   Against   GD   Pts
 1    2012/13    BSS     Avoid Relegation       14th-19th           13th        17      5       20     70       78     -8    56
 2    2013/14    BSS       Consolidate           9th-14th           15th        13     13       16     51       49     +2    52
 3    2014/15    BSS       Challenge             2nd-8th             4th        21     10       11     82       55    +27    73
 4    2015/16    BSS       Promotion             1st-5th             2nd        25      8        9     95       65    +30    83

Former Youth Intake Players Performance - 2015/16

===============================================================================================

Season 4 - 2015/16

Youth Name       YP Tag   Position  Apperances   Goals   Assists  MOMs   Yel   Red  Avg Rating
Sam Bryant         3a       DMC MC    47          12       29       6     4     0      7.40
Mark Keddie        2d       DC        46          15        0       6     3     0      7.33
Jake Jordan        1a       AMLC      34 (5)      15       11       5     1     0      7.15
Geoff Pritchett    2b       FC        41 (5)      25       18       4     5     0      7.14
Rob Neal           1b       AMR       48 (1)      14       16       5     4     0      7.11
Charles Robinson   2a       AMC FC    44 (9)      24        3       4     2     0      7.08
Dominic Michie     2c       AMRL      35 (1)       4       12       2     6     0      7.08
Nathan Clark       4a       DM MCR    10           0        3       0     0     0      7.07
Callum Moore       1e       DL        37           0        6       1    16     0      7.03
Paul Brown         1c       DR        51           1        4       2    10     0      6.99
Martin Richards    1d       AMC       14 (18)      3        4       0     2     0      6.90
Elliot Hobbs       4b       DM MC      0 (3)       0        0       0     0     0      6.60
Jon Gibson         3c       AMR FC     0 (5)       0        0       0     0     0      6.60
Nathan Rae         3b       DRC        4 (18)      0        1       1     3     0      6.51
Rob Bridges        4c       DC         0           0        0       0     0     0      0.00
Adam Doyle         4d       DM MC      0           0        0       0     0     0      0.00

===============================================================================================

Sam Bryant proved his class all season long with fantastic performances, capped off by a MoM in the play off final 5-1 win, with 2 goals and another 2 assists.

Dominic Michie saw a large drop off in performance this season, over last seasons player of the season performances, hoping for a rebound next year.

Jon Gibson barely saw any action due to a 7 month lay off just weeks into the season after breaking his leg.

Season 4 Transfers

Season 5 2016/17 Targets

* BSP Survival

* Operate on a profit

* Minimize wage bill increases (a lot of youth intake renewals coming up)

Quick side note, my updates will probably slow down a little here for the near future. Started a new job today and going to cut into playing time. Still playing, still grinding ;)

While I'm at it, I'll stake my claim for a Hall of fame place.

Clean sheets by a youth keeper in a season - Bradley Power YP02-2. 17 in 2016/17 I'll upload the proof at the end of the season, but at the current rate, he could beat that record, as he has 15 already this season, and 5 games left to play (could be 7 or 8 yet, but it's looking doubtful we'll make the playoffs now.)

Bradley has now broken that record with 3 clean sheets in a row, and still 2 games left to play, so he could still set a decent benchmark for everyone to aim for.

That's actually not a bad idea, having a Hall of Fame where we can talk up our youth products - although sadly I haven't had any youths of note yet :(

Well mid way through season (Jan 1st) the board gave me the chance to change my objectives. So I have, from avoid relegation to Mid Table finish. I am actually aiming for playoffs as I am currently about 3 points off them but I didn't want to set expectations too high! Also changed my tactics, they are still just as attacking as before but now my players are allowed a bit more freedom. by statistics we are one of the best defences in the league so It was time for a change as this season I have no prolific top scorer (Best at 7 and he is a winger!) So I changed my defensive forward to a poacher!

Drew. Lowestoft Town. League One. 2021/2022.

Table - We survived, that's the important thing, we were doing quite well until Christmas and then it kind of fell apart, but we won just enough games in the final seven or eight games to get enough points to beat the drop.

Squad

Aradavan Dobinson YP1 played a few times, was rubbish, will be released.

Glen Franks YP4 was solid, nothing special.

Ollie Driver YP5 again, solid but nothing special, didn't get as much goals as I had hoped.

Christian Frew YP6 solid enough, chipped in with some goals and assists.

Kenny Stockwell YP7 recurring them here, solid but nothing special.

Luke Southgate YP9 hardly played, will be sent out on loan next season.

Ollie Hooper YP10 impressed with this kid, I have a feeling he'll be vital for us for years to come.

Finances

Proof I'm not cheating

Year   Season   League   Final Position  Wins   Draws   Losses   For   Against   GD   Pts
 1    2012/13    BSS         9th         18      9       15     50       45     +5    63
 2    2013/14    BSS         4th         23     10        9     59       37     +22   79
 3    2014/15    BSS         3rd         20     16        9     50       40     +10   76
 4    2015/16    BSS         1st         21     17        4     64       37     +27   80
 5    2016/17    BSP        10th         15     18       13     55       45     +10   63
 6    2017/18    BSP        17th         14     14       14     45       57     -12   56
 7    2018/19    BSP         1st         24     17        5     67       42     +25   89
 8    2019/20	   L2         5th         22     10       14     59       49     +10   76
 9    2020/21     L2         1st         23     19        4     59       36     +23   88
10    2021/22     L1        19th         11     18       17     51       60     -9    51

Archived