Stadium: Valley Stadium

Stadium Capacity: 5,000 (400 Seated)

Corporate Facilities: Basic

Training Facilities: Basic

Youth Facilities: Minimal (Rented)

Junior Coaching: Minimal

Youth Recruitment: Limited

STOLEN FROM TACTIC MASTER PROPS TO HIS ACHIEVEMENTS

Giving this a go, on holiday now! Managed to get Salisbury City up through the divisions, but that was without a single decent player from my youth team and freedom regarding transfers. This will be tough, but congrats to those who have had success with this!

Holy moly, this is hard. I had a dreadful start but managed to win some games now and then. I was very luck to have 3 very bad teams to make sure I wouldn't relegate. Things weren't looking too good before March (When the youth intake occurred, yay!) And before that happened I managed to ask the board to increase the budget for junior coaching and they said yes! They also decided to expand the stadium by 50 seats... god knows why.

Here's my YP0X-(A-C) meaning:

A : Goes straight into the 1st team, best player from that year

B : Are put into the 1st team or rotation, I see their future at the club

C : Not so promising, hoping to get better talent next year.

And screenshots!:

My Squad (Every single one is a regen): http://i45.tinypic.com/ic02mc.jpg

Best player this year: http://i50.tinypic.com/eg7qcm.jpg

Pointless expansion: http://i48.tinypic.com/fxgx1z.jpg << Aint I the smartest, just noticed it was for League Requirements

The Table: http://i45.tinypic.com/of332o.jpg

Empty transfer table: http://i49.tinypic.com/2h5ms7k.jpg

As for my account balance, I lost 155k pounds this season with a 450 p/w wage budget -.-

My balance is now -130,136 pounds

EDIT: And the board has set the wage budget to 525 pw and a transfer bdgt. of 0.... Cant even offer new contracts to the players since its going above my limit. fml.

If you have followed this thread for a few months, you will know I have tried this challenge 5/6 times since around March time.

My latest go is with Weymouth. I haven't produced many updates because I have loved it and finally got promoted out of the Blue Square South.

Information screen, I have udpated my Youth Coaching a couple of times

I have had a couple of good players for the standard who are still with me

Matthew Cooper History Profile

Harry Dawes History Profile

Liam Wood is currently my highest rated by my Assitant Manager

Weymouth Youth Academy

Season        League      POS        FA CUP

2012-13        BSS        6th          1st
2013-14        BSS        13th        QUALF
2014-15        BSS        18th        QUALF
2015-16        BSS        19th        QUALF
2016-17        BSS        11th        QUALF
2017-18        BSS        8th          1st
2018-19        BSS        11th         1st
2019-20        BSS        14th         1st
2020-21        BSS        4th          4th
2021-22        BSP        7th          2nd        
2022-23        BSP        18th         2nd
2023-24        BSP        10th         3rd

Well last night I finished 2nd in the Blue Square Premier. Went on a great run and didn't lose a game in the last 13.

I then won the Play Off Semi Final against Lincoln and played Kettering in the Final. Outplayed them all game until the last 5 minutes and they scored in the injury time to win 1-0. GUTTED

Had my first England Under 19 call up and my first full international which I was quite excited about.

My latest star through the Academy is John King it looks quite useful and has started the new season well

Here is a list of the current squad

Had to start the new season last night before I went to bed. I've had a fantastic start and i'm unbeaten in the first eight games. Fingers crossed this is the season I get promoted into the Football League "proper"

Weymouth Youth Academy

2024-25        BSP        2nd          4th

Good luck Padders, well done on promotion. Gunna try to get back into my Cambridge City save today, but I'm not the most patient person and am finding this very challenging!

Cheers :thup:

It certainly is the most challenging challenge I have done on the game. Keep going, when you get it right it a great feeling and just want to play "one more game"

2025 - 2026 season update

After finsihing second last year and losing in the play off final I had to go up automatically this season AND we did it. Only lost 6 league games all year. TABLE

Here is a list of the squad at the end of the season

John King was my top scorer and also top scorer in the league.

The board decided to increase capacity of the stadium by a massive 1,040 seats. Put me in more debt (now nearly 500k)

Weymouth Youth Academy

2024-25	       BSP        2nd          4th
2025-26        BSP        1st          1st

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone still doing this atm? I know i'm slightly late in joining but i'm still gonna give it a try.

The interest has died a little with FM13 coming out soon. If you get the new game then you'll probably find the new thread a bit more active. It will probably be up in a few weeks :)

• 3 weeks later...

RedditchUnitedFCCrest.png

REDDITCH UNITED 2012-13 (SEASON 1)

END OF SEASON REPORT

THE STORY OF THE SEASON

Going into this challenge, I didn't know quite what to expect, and was surprised at what I found out about the way I play. I got through a season a lot quicker without worrying about transfers, and found myself tinkering tactically a lot more than I would usually. I even looked over the training schedules for probably the first time ever. Hmm- this could be interesting.

Anyway, moving on. A mixed pre-season saw us pick up a couple of wins over non-league teams and an honourable 1-0 defeat to Nottingham Forest. Then the season started, and the reality set in. After seven games, we had 5 points from 21, and were second-bottom. And quite a lot of the blame lay at the feet of our first-choice keeper, Dean Coleman. It was pretty much that if the opposition could get a shot on target, they'd get a goal.

A drastic re-think saw me scrap my long-favoured 4-1-2-1 diamond, turning to a brutal 5-1-3-1. Out went sexy football, in came "defend, defend, defend"- I figured that if we didn't have the talent, at least we'd have the bodies blocking the goal to try and scratch out a clean sheet. Shockingly, it worked for a short while, and from 12 games through September and October, we picked up five wins, including one in the FA Cup. It was ugly football, kicking our way through matches, and the cards piled up, but slowly the points began to pull us out of the dogfight and towards a more comfortable midtable spot.

But from that point on, consistency went out the window- we had patches of four unbeaten, but also five without a win. In the league, we teetered on the edge of getting sucked into the relegation battle. We dropped out of the FA Cup in the 3rd Qualifying round to non-league Stourbridge, whilst BSP Kidderminster Harriers dumped us out of the FA Trophy 3-2 in a combative First Round replay.

Up front, Gambia international Omar Koroma was fighting a one-man battle to try and keep us afloat, including all four in a 4-0 win over Boston United, but as March rolled around, eyes turned to the youth intake to try and give us that final push over the finish line, to keep us up. On March 13th, we were 19th in the League, six points ahead of Boston in 20th, with a game in hand and marginally better goal difference. Above all else, we desperately needed a keeper to challenge/replace Coleman, with our backup, 16-year-old Graham Swales, only known as a GK because the game says he is. For his stats, he may as well be one of the half-time cheerleaders.

In came the youth intake: not one goalkeeper among them. Oh dear. As we approached the end of March, we were firmly in a slump- our last win was on February 2nd, with no wins in eight, and a run of three heavy defeats against Histon, Alfreton and Southport. In just those three games, we'd scored one, and conceded twelve. But still we were hanging onto survival at 19th in the table, despite our goal difference taking a battering- still Boston were not capitalising or closing the gap.

It was time to roll the dice, to try anything to get some points back on the boad and secure our safety. The match was away at fourth-placed Hinckley. In came a previously untested 3-4-3, along with debuts for four fresh-faced youngsters not yet ground down by the morale-sapping hammerings. At half time, we're 2-0 down, but somehow we claw our way back to record a valuable 2-2 draw. With five games to go, we still sit 19th, with Boston six points below us.

But then, four more losses follow, in which we score two and concede twelve. Somehow, Boston still can't make up all of the ground- with one game to go, they've only managed to cut the gap to three points. The mathematics becomes very simple: one point from the final game, and we're safe. But if we lose, and Boston win, we're down. The odds are in our favour- Boston's final game is against the League Champions, Alfreton Town. However, we've taken just four points out of the last 39 available, and our opponents, Droylsden, sit 7th, needing a win to sneak into the Playoffs...

DROYLSDEN (Red) vs REDDITCH UNITED (White)

Final score: Droylsden (2) 2 - 2 (1) Redditch United

--

Final Table

Squad Stats

Finances (oops!)

Transfers

Youth Squad

Youth Prospects:

Frankie Williams - My assistant manager doesn't particularly fancy him, and his physicals are certainly nothing to write home about, but for my money he's got the start of a half-decent right winger about him. His physicals are perfectly fine for this level, and if we hadn't found ourselves in such a dogfight, I could see myself tinkering with him to see what he has to offer.

Adam Bartley - This is the guy tipped by my Ass Man, and I am fond of his versatility, I have to admit. That said, outside of his aerial ability, I'm not yet convinced- to my eyes it's a slightly odd combination of strengths and weaknesses. There's development to go, but he's more of a wait and see.

Season League POS FA CUP TROPHY

2012-13 BSN 19th 3Q 1st

Archived