Ri916's FM 12 Youth Academy Challenge!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like we've had a several more people join up, so welcome and good luck!

There sure is a lot of categories in the HoF, should be fun to shoot for those marks, especially the 100 league goals. I play pretty slow though since I like to watch the game in key highlights mode so not sure if I have much chance of reaching it :o

Hendon 2017/18 - Blue Square South

End of Season Update

League Table : delighted with the progress made as the season went on finishing very respectively. i feel we can no longer be classed as a mid table side and i will be pushing for the playoffs for sure next time

Fa Cup : not too bad this season out in the 4Qrnd to better opposition

Fa Trophy : out in the 2nd round

Squad : a much improved side, few injuries all season. 4 or 5 more players were brought in from the youth squad after some had reached 2-3.5star ca i promoted em.

U18's : looking good. looking good.

Key Player

Leke Ndah : after noticing he had 3.5st CA in the u 18's come november he was brought into the squad for sub appearances but scoring at the rate he did he was the first player on the team sheet every game

Finances: steady

And of course TRANSFERS

Next season

looking through the squad im hoping that some of the u18s can make the grade yet again and come the end off the season i can see the team have only 1-2 original players the rest will be all youth products. as i have said earlier i hope we challenge for the promotion. i will also look to increase he junior coaching aswell as and when i can, its still on good atm

Ooof, I do not like 2013!

Won my last game of 2012, and then a run of 5 straight defeats to start of 2013! Add in one botched team meeting, a suspension, a couple of injuries and no players to switch in with better morale and things are starting to look bleak.

Roll on youth intake and some fresh blood!

greyham- I think your update should say 2017-2018 season :D a great year for hendon, just missing out on the playoffs and i think you can make them next year :)

Braumiller-You should love 2013! it means you survived 2012 ;)

greyham- I think your update should say 2017-2018 season :D a great year for hendon, just missing out on the playoffs and i think you can make them next year :)

haha forgot to change that from my template. fixed now thanks mate. first game played of the new season and a 3-0 win over afchornchurch.

Season 2015/16 - Carshalton Atheltic

So it was a GREAT season. Not good enough to win the league but we secured a play-off spot. We were put up against Forest Green who we managed to scrape past. It was tight and very nerve-wracking in the last few minutes but we got through and went up against Ebbsfleet. They were tough but we had gone up against them recently with it ending in a draw. So here it came: The Final. It was a tight and nervy affair. Much worse than the semi and Anthony Freeman managed to further cement his place in Carshalton history.

So the League Table ended up like this with us being promoted. This was the squad that lead me to glory and a special shoutout to Ross Hale YP03 who managed a mammoth 37 assists in the season.

Our Finances were absolutely great so much so that, at the start of the season, we got over the £1million mark in the black. So with that I pushed the board for better Junior Coaching which they accepted. They are now excellent. I also managed to get better youth facilities and the board decided that it was time to expand the stadium as well.

This excellent Junior Coaching really helped the intake with the Youth coming through being great. Ibrahim Tran was given the YP tag and has already been given a U20 cap by Morocco.

Couple of other milestones: Paudi Kavanagh (who hasn't even got a YP tag) was the first one to be called up to a national squad of any kind.

Thanks to the Youth Intake I fielded a full team of Youth Players for the first ever time. A good moment.

Onwards and upwards! Bring it on BSP!!

Great job on the promotion, and Ibrahim Tran does look rather amazing. Was he an English/Morocco player that chose to play for Morocco, or was his original nationality Morocco already? Must have been a fun season looking at your goals scored in the league, good luck in the BSP!

Great job on the promotion, and Ibrahim Tran does look rather amazing. Was he an English/Morocco player that chose to play for Morocco, or was his original nationality Morocco already? Must have been a fun season looking at your goals scored in the league, good luck in the BSP!

Yeah exactly. He still hasn't completely decided but good to see him playing some international stuff. And the League was great but we could have done better if it weren't for our ridiculously slow defenders! Going to be tough next season, looking like we might lose our best striker, Freeman.

So it was a GREAT season. Not good enough to win the league but we secured a play-off spot. We were put up against Forest Green who we managed to scrape past. It was tight and very nerve-wracking in the last few minutes but we got through and went up against Ebbsfleet. They were tough but we had gone up against them recently with it ending in a draw. So here it came: The Final. It was a tight and nervy affair. Much worse than the semi and Anthony Freeman managed to further cement his place in Carshalton history.

So the League Table ended up like this with us being promoted. This was the squad that lead me to glory and a special shoutout to Ross Hale YP03 who managed a mammoth 37 assists in the season.

Our Finances were absolutely great so much so that, at the start of the season, we got over the £1million mark in the black. So with that I pushed the board for better Junior Coaching which they accepted. They are now excellent. I also managed to get better youth facilities and the board decided that it was time to expand the stadium as well.

This excellent Junior Coaching really helped the intake with the Youth coming through being great. Ibrahim Tran was given the YP tag and has already been given a U20 cap by Morocco.

Couple of other milestones: Paudi Kavanagh (who hasn't even got a YP tag) was the first one to be called up to a national squad of any kind.

Thanks to the Youth Intake I fielded a full team of Youth Players for the first ever time. A good moment.

Good to see someone else reach the BSP, fantastic stuff and I bet that final was nail biting!

Bet it was the longest game that season :) Finances looking great and got loads of decent YPs. Good luck in BSP.

So I've decided to dive into this challenge. I dabbled with it previously by taking over Cambridge City, and despite our best attempts, it wasn't enough to avoid relegation. So in that sense I've failed before I started...

Anyways, I've decided to start this again and make I sure I take a better approach to it. So after the first season of holidaying, I was left to choose the following teams:

2012-03-24_00001.jpg

I have decided to base myself in Carshalton Athletic. Hopefully over time I can tap into the player base in South London and move up the ladder. The club itself has decent facilities, and crucially owns its youth system and stadium.

2012-03-24_00002.jpg

Staff-wise, it's pretty threadbare. The backroom consists only of me and my assistant, so coaches and physios will need to be brought in. Squad-wise, it's also pretty thin, but compared to my Cambridge City team there's a bit more depth to it. Here we see the Carshalton crazy gang...

2012-03-24_00004.jpg

It's a team full of determination, and hopefully that should be enough to at least keep us in the hunt for staying up.

[edit] Screenie of my manager, not in June 2012 unfortunately, but start of September. Hope it's all okay.

2012-03-25_00007.jpg

Welcome to the challenge Conman, and good luck with Carshalton!

A quick little mid-season update for me before I make the final push. I have a fighting chance for a playoff spot largely due to Sam Reed and his ridiculous goal scoring. Hes scored 22 out of 41 team goals (16 out of 33 league goals) so far. I'm debating whether I should call him a monster, or Van Persie, or a combination of the two, something like Vamon Perster. I'm thinking Vamon Perster, but we'll see. I actually managed to get to 2nd at one point but the last couple months have been a bit up and down, with the worst time in Late November/Early December where I managed to get knocked out of both cups and post my worst league loss in 3 straight games. It should be a fun last few months to see if we can get promotion.

In addition, some amusing screenshots that I picked up, somehow managing to hit the post without a shot, and the first time I saw this comment where both goalkeepers had a good old time. Only had 3 shots each, and the only shot on target was the goal, so essentially the goalies never made a save :D

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQDdLTbSorRhybouLeI6aczFD7SKxmn_  MHEss4SHQgFL6-CzINJPg

So we had the usual Friendly get the biggest clubs possible to the rope the crowds in which we did and managed to beat Bradford City !! so things were looking good indeed s on to the first half of the season we go the team was playing well creeping into the playoffs at mid November until started to get a couple of injury's to key players which saw us go onto a awful run as we got into mid January players started to come back and the lad grouped together and started piling the results to push us back up to the table and closer to end of the season we went on a run of 8 games unbeaten and it came down to the final three games which if we won them all we would of won the league but we drew 2 and won 1 so we got into the play offs. played Welling beat them then we are into the Final against Truro

Finances

Finances were ok until now!!!!

Transfers - sick of getting players on loan from feeder clubs i don't want they don't even pay my club arghhhh!! I hope he liked the reserves haha!!

League Table - Need to score more goals - but my team is set to defensive so that's maybe my problem :lol:

Youth Player intake - players from last year got released without any warning

Gage

Gage Report

Enzanga

Enzanga Report

Key players

Mcintosh - My key striker whenever he plays the other strikers play better

Jamal Henry - to play over 50 games in a season and still get a rating of 6.98 is awesome :D

U18s - Still looking good considering they lost there best players at the start of the season

FA Cup beaten in the 1st proper round by York

FA Trophy beaten in 3rd round by Guisley

Play Off Final

[video=youtube_share;hFx4tzAZlCY]

Mini mid-season update

Currently sitting top with 2 games in hand over 2nd and 3rd. Defensive play has really played it part with only 15 goals let in even with having to play my back up GK double the games than my 1st choice who has been hit hard with injuries. In terms of the cups only left in the F.A Trophy

I think I have my own "Vamon Perster" in the form of Jamie Rainford who just pours goals from all directions. Has played a few AML when needed and still finds the net.

Junior Coaching and Youth Recuritment have been improved.

Most depressing January ever! Fixture congestion, loads of injuries, and I can't bring anyone in to bolster the team? This no-signing lark is taking some getting used to. We're doing quite well in the league but I doubt it's going to last...

FC United of Manchester: Season 1 - 2012/2013

imgres.jpg

The 'Just Survive' Season

Saw this thread a few days ago and thought I had to get in on the act. You may know the starting stats of FC United already so I wont bother posting all that.

So, a quick season round-up:

League: BSN

League Position: 19th

FA Cup: 3rd Round Qual

FA Trophy: 3rd Round Qual

Top Goalscorer: Wolfenden (13)

Top Assists: Grimshaw (18)

Star Man: Dean Stott

I'm not a crook: Transferes

Fixtures Pt1 (sorry for the Steam chat!)

Pt2

Squad that ended the season

What a great idea. Love this challenge so far, despite its frustrating nature.

I picked FC United just because I liked the idea of taking them to the Prem. Squad was OK, facilities also, and the Stadium is good. So, off we went.

I thought this challenge was so easy at first. Started the season like a house on fire! In our first ten games we had amassed six wins, three draws and only one defeat, and we sat proudly on top of the Blue Square North table. Not bad, or so I thought. My start was so good, I finished runner-up in the September MotM! I started with a simple 4-4-2 and it was effective. Then we started our cup campaign. I wanted a decent cup run and when we were drawn against Chester I thought it was very doable. We drew the first game and then won the replay to progress. From here it was all downhill.

Our first game of October was a draw with Histon that left us joint top. It would be the start of a twelve game winless streak in the league, fifteen if you count cup comps. In October we fell out of the FA Cup to Bradford PA, and in November we were pushed out of the FA Trophy by Droylsden. We slid down the table picking up the odd point here and there. To be honest, I never thought we'd be relegated. We had a big total of points and all we needed to do was go on a mini-run and we'd be fine.

The mini-run never happened.

We started 2013 with a good win away at Darlington, but followed this with a loss to Hyde. Then another win, followed by a five game winless run. A win vs. Droylsden, a loss vs Histon and a win against Hinckley at the start of March left is around seven points cleat of the drop zone with 40 points. But then another five game winless run caused panic as we slipped back towards the relegation zone.

April was a huge month. We started it only four points clear of the relegation zone. A draw vs. high flying Lowestoft was a good start, but yet again we followed it up with a defeat. However, we finished the season strongly with two wins - vs Altrincham & Harrogate - and a draw vs Chester left us six points clear with a game to play. Safe.

Youth Intake

Martin Fowler : I like the look of this fella. He was the highest rated regen and stats look 'OK'. He was one of four that I instantly made part of my first team squad and he didn't do to badly at all!

Wayne Cope : Another promising player. He also went into the first team and played quite well in his few apparences.

Warren Pollard: Didn't play a huge part, but my assistant rates him. One to watch.

Next Season:

I now have four decent strikers and four decent central midfielders. With this in mind, I'm thinking of using 4-3-3 next season. As you can see, we didn't lose many goals last season, but I think we need to score more. A cup run and a told half finish would suit me...

That's season 2 in the book with Northwich. Despite losing my best striker to a long term injury very early on in the season, we managed to finish 5th, even after a horrific run in January, February and early March where we only gained 9 points in 13 matches, scoring a paltry 7 goals in the process. Before that, we were looking good for a title challenge, as the team was keeping within 5 points (usually closer) of then leaders, and eventual champions Darlington. However, our form improved drastically from mid March with 6 wins and a draw in the last 8 matches, including 6 clean sheets in the final 6 games of the season. Into the playoffs we go then, and we're drawn against Telford. 1-1 in the first leg, before they get a 118th minute winner in the second leg to go through 2-1 on aggregate. I'm not that disappointed though, as Telford were the toughest team to be drawn against in the playoffs, plus with the squad I have, I doubt I would have been able to survive in the BSP anyway.

In the FA Cup, we made it through to the 1st round, beating Vauxhall 4-0 in Q2, Colwyn Bay 2-1 in Q3, before dumping rivals Crewe out 2-1 :D But .... Brackley (who?) beat us 3-2 (after a replay) in the 1st round proper!

In the FA Trophy, we comfortably beat Cammell Laird 4-0 in Q3, before Telford (I hate that team!) beat us 4-3 in the 1st round.

March 13th rolled round, and following an increase in my junior coaching several weeks previously, I had high hopes about the quality. Although I didn't quite get what I wanted (a striker with a good PA), I did have several good prospects, with 3 players having 5 stars for PA. However, 2 of those are goalkeepers! On looking at the report cards, Frank Lenders (report card) just shades it, so accordingly, he gets the YP tag, although I'm tempted to give 1 of the goalies a YP tag as well.

Last but not least, my transfer history for the season. The only player to depart was my former backup goalie, and at £400/week I wasn't that sad to see him leave.

Your updates were interesting Conman14 (surely no need to delete them), but I think you'd burn out before even getting into the League. So far I've found Vines andd McDonald to be my main men - indeed I played 28 games before failing to find the net!

Your updates were interesting Conman14 (surely no need to delete them), but I think you'd burn out before even getting into the League. So far I've found Vines andd McDonald to be my main men - indeed I played 28 games before failing to find the net!

I didn't see that the updates should be seasonal. Plus I don't think I'd keep up with them anyway!

just finished trekking through the thread. There has been so much activity!

It has been a great day for this challenge, with two people leading Carshalton to promotion after a few years sitting in midtable.

TWFL- a great season for you there! Ibrahim tran looks immense. He is certainly no BSP player, so watch out for the poachers! I reckon you can survive in the BSP with the extra experience you have had.

Conman- Good luck with carshalton. As you can see, there has been some positive news from fellow challengers recently ;) hopefully you can replicate their success. When you post screenshots could you post them as direct links please. The intructions on this are in the opening post if you dont know how to do them, we do it to stop the thread taking ages to load and because it clogs it up.

Trusler- Finally I have someone to compare notes with! good season with FC United and keeping them up is the main aim in S1 and you maanaged that so well done. It will be interesting to see who takes the most seasons to get promoted ;)

Avramski- Could you give your updates a bold title please, it makes it a bit easier to pick out ;) A breakthrough season for Northwich with you getting them into the playoff spots. Hopefully next season I will have to update the table to say you are in the BSP ;)

Donaldoholic- Welcome to the challenge mate and I think tooting and mitcham is probably the hardest team that has been taken so far. If you can keep them up, It will be a great achievement and the start of a great save!

Thanks a lot ri.

I probably shouldn't have ended the pre-season with a game against Barnet...

Lost 6-0. My assistant was in charge like. I got sick of waiting after the first two games.

I think I'm going to struggle. Ah well, should be fun while it lasts...bring on magical March.

Chester - BSN - 2012/13 End Of Season Report

Chester-FC-2010-Logo-300x300.png

League Table | Squad Stats | Transfers | Finances | Facilities

Great season finishing as Champions and going up but could it be too soon? Strange season! Some games we would dominate and smash teams where as others we would find it hard to get a shot and would look like a different team. Rainford finished as our top scorer as well as the leagues seemed to slow way down after I mentioned him (Forum jinx at work again?) But still got a very decent amount and we will need his goals next season if we are to stay up. Finances not looking too good. Think there was only one month were we made something other than the Big money friendlies.

F.A Cup

2ndQR Chorley (H) 4-1

3rdQR Ashton Utd (H) 4-0

4thQR Wrexham (A) 0-1

Decent run but stopped by major rivals Wrexham and should of been more than 1-0

F.A Trophy

3rdQR Vauxhall (A) 1-3

1stR Workington (A) 0-0

1stR Replay Workington (H) 1-0

2ndR Braintree (H) 4-0

3rdR Droylsden (A) 1-2

4thR Mansfield (A) 1-0

Another Great run but got well out played vs Mansfield and 1-0 was very bad for them as we rarely touched the ball :lol:

Season   League   Position   Achivements 
12/13    BSN      1st        BSN Champions & Manager of the Year

Youth Intake

Youth Candidates

Decent in quality rather than quantity.

Just the two players signed up and given the YP tag. Plan to retain Hoskins to AMR and Collis will likely get in to the starting line-up long term quite soon.

Lee Hoskins - Report

George Collis - Report

YP Watch

YP1 - Lee Hoskins - ST

Initial Profile - Coach Report

Season      Games    Goals    Assists       Average Rating
[url="http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/578951702762105034/3979F495620CC2F099025580CCEEAAC1E2E805A0/"]12/13[/url]       0(7)       2        2                    6.88
13/14

YP2 - George Collis - CB

Initial Profile - Coach Report

Season      Games    Goals    Assists       Average Rating
[url="http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/578951702762103877/9130CB599E700875316D3935B9A3D0165DAC03CF/"]12/13[/url]       9        0        0                    7.07
13/14

Welsh Wizard- Well done on the promotion! :D some decent youth prospects and I think you can guide Chester to a safe position in the BSP. How do you do the 'code' thing, that shows your previous league positions and achievements ect.?

Welsh Wizard- Well done on the promotion! :D some decent youth prospects and I think you can guide Chester to a safe position in the BSP. How do you do the 'code' thing, that shows your previous league positions and achievements ect.?

Thanks. hopefully can :)

For code it's the # icon in the advance reply. Set the text up in Notepad or something similar to get the spacing right.

Test

Season  Division  League Position        Achievement
  1       BSN        16th            Avoiding relegation

nice! will be using it to track my progress and I would recommend other people use it as it is really good. Set it out in notepad how you want it to look and then paste inbetween the

signs. It doesnt look right but when you send it it will appear right in the thread.

[url=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/ea/FC_United.png][/url]

Its fantastic see we keep getting new people in here and the post counts have been brilliant! Although I can't remember everyone who's new, I'd just like to say, welcome to the challenge :)

Ri, don't worry, i'm sure you will catch up! Have a good birthday. Also that news could be bad or it could be good, you will have to wait and see what type of chairman you get!

Finally, if anybody is interested, take a look at my FA Cup Action, with a full post on my career thread which can be found here!

[Edit] For the images update

visit my career updates thread!

Season 2014/2015 - 3 Month Update

As you all know, we started the season in brilliant fashion, with several good results. I have since played on for another 3 months and it's time to see where we are at! You may have already noticed my FA Cup update, which I intend to update as we go along, if we get further. We have since played against Cray in the 2nd round, so you will find the result in the Novemeber update below.

September Update

September Fixtures

After a fantastic August, we moved into September with high hopes, but knew we had to play against some very difficult teams. Dag & Red, Dartford, Gateshead and Bath were 4 extremely difficult matches to tackle and was made worse as they were one after the other! This could have caused problems with morale, but luckily we some how came out with 2 wins out of 4. We expected our victories over Boreham Wood and Welling, so it was fantastic to pick up maximum points from those matches, to put us in good stead in the league!

October Update

October Fixtures

October saw us go unbeaten, probably for the first time ever in an entire month (I think i'm right!), which we can be very pleased with considering the opposition yet again, on par with last month! This month also saw us go face to face with self made rivals Alfreton (self made, meaning I believe them to be rivals!), dipping out toes into the FA Cup for the first time this season and beating them in the replay in their own back yard! Unfortunately, we found out on the 30th that we would play League 1 opposition in the 1st round...

November Update

November Fixtures

This month was devastating for our Blue Square Bet Premier charge, with a defeat to Stockport and 3 draws! I would like to say, I think that we have had the toughest start to the season out of any clubs and I believe December could possibly be an easy month after getting all these difficult matches out of the way. Despite the heartache in the BSP, we found ourselves in the FA Cup! An abolsute cracking and shocking match against Port Vale, beating them with 10 men over 80 minutes (3-1) and then moving on to non-league Cray, budging ourselves into the 3rd round for the first time ever!

FA Cup 3rd Round Draw - Interesting Matches

Chelsea Vs Man Utd

Fulham Vs Aldershot

Reading Vs Dag & Red

Middlesbrough Vs Man City

Plymouth Vs Arsenal

Newcastle Vs Gateshead

Chester Vs Fleetwood or Bath City!!! (Both BSP)

Chesterfield Vs Derby

We got the easiest draw in the entire FA Cup draw!!! There will only be 4 lower league teams and none are lower than the BSP, with all 4 being from the BSP, (Ourselves) Chester, Dag & Red, Gateshead, & Fleetwood or Bath City! If we can manage to get into the 4th Round and we get a decent draw from League 1 or below, I believe we could be in with a good chance!

League Table

Blue Square Bet Premier

Despite a difficult month in November, we have only played 20 games, compared to some teams above us who have played 21 and 22 games and our league position might be 11th, but there are only 4 points between 11th and 4th! I think if we can start scoring and winning these games that we keep drawing, then we could push for a play-off position!

Donaldoholic, stick to it and it will eventually come good, but that injury is very unfortunate! :( I believe you can steer clear of relegation.

Drew, whats your current league position and how many games left?

We're 3rd, with 15 games left, but we're constantly drawing games.

Just need someone who will put the ball into the back of the net.

[Edit] For the images update

visit my career updates thread!

Season 2014/2015 - 3 Month Update

As you all know, we started the season in brilliant fashion, with several good results. I have since played on for another 3 months and it's time to see where we are at! You may have already noticed my FA Cup update, which I intend to update as we go along, if we get further. We have since played against Cray in the 2nd round, so you will find the result in the Novemeber update below.

September Update

September Fixtures

After a fantastic August, we moved into September with high hopes, but knew we had to play against some very difficult teams. Dag & Red, Dartford, Gateshead and Bath were 4 extremely difficult matches to tackle and was made worse as they were one after the other! This could have caused problems with morale, but luckily we some how came out with 2 wins out of 4. We expected our victories over Boreham Wood and Welling, so it was fantastic to pick up maximum points from those matches, to put us in good stead in the league!

October Update

October Fixtures

October saw us go unbeaten, probably for the first time ever in an entire month (I think i'm right!), which we can be very pleased with considering the opposition yet again, on par with last month! This month also saw us go face to face with self made rivals Alfreton (self made, meaning I believe them to be rivals!), dipping out toes into the FA Cup for the first time this season and beating them in the replay in their own back yard! Unfortunately, we found out on the 30th that we would play League 1 opposition in the 1st round...

November Update

November Fixtures

This month was devastating for our Blue Square Bet Premier charge, with a defeat to Stockport and 3 draws! I would like to say, I think that we have had the toughest start to the season out of any clubs and I believe December could possibly be an easy month after getting all these difficult matches out of the way. Despite the heartache in the BSP, we found ourselves in the FA Cup! An abolsute cracking and shocking match against Port Vale, beating them with 10 men over 80 minutes (3-1) and then moving on to non-league Cray, budging ourselves into the 3rd round for the first time ever!

FA Cup 3rd Round Draw - Interesting Matches

Chelsea Vs Man Utd

Fulham Vs Aldershot

Reading Vs Dag & Red

Middlesbrough Vs Man City

Plymouth Vs Arsenal

Newcastle Vs Gateshead

Chester Vs Fleetwood or Bath City!!! (Both BSP)

Chesterfield Vs Derby

We got the easiest draw in the entire FA Cup draw!!! There will only be 4 lower league teams and none are lower than the BSP, with all 4 being from the BSP, (Ourselves) Chester, Dag & Red, Gateshead, & Fleetwood or Bath City! If we can manage to get into the 4th Round and we get a decent draw from League 1 or below, I believe we could be in with a good chance!

League Table

Blue Square Bet Premier

Despite a difficult month in November, we have only played 20 games, compared to some teams above us who have played 21 and 22 games and our league position might be 11th, but there are only 4 points between 11th and 4th! I think if we can start scoring and winning these games that we keep drawing, then we could push for a play-off position!

Wow great stuff in the FA Cup. Must really be helping the coffers!

Archived