Ri916's FM 12 Youth Academy Challenge!

Finally finished my first season with Northwich!

I finished 6th in the end, but I'm disappointed with that. 8 games to go, and we go top, and the team is flying. A draw away to Stockport means we drop a place back to second, then cam the highly contraversial match against Hyde. Not only did they injure 4 of my players, my goalkeeper was sent off for handball, which even the match report and ref overview after the game said was wrong. Red card still not rescinded though! To cover for the unavailable players, I had to call up 4 players from my youth team, and the season fell apart basically....

Anyway, despite getting a couple of decent prospects in my youth intake, I wasn't impressed overall. The positions I desperately needed cover for didn't produce, so I've got to retrain my best prospects. I just hope it doesn't affect them.

Ben Ryan is the youth player with the highest potential (report card), so accordingly, he gets the YP tag.

Last but not least, transfers ....

Edit :: In the cups, we didn't do that good, but everything matched the boards expectations. We needed a replay to beat Stourbridge Town in Q2 of the FA cup, before beating Vauxhall 3-0 at home. In Q4, we drew at home to Hyde, before losing the replay 4-1. We didn't have a run at all in the FAT, as Telford spanked us 5-1. However, with only having 17 players, I wasn't too concerned as it meant we had less games to play, so I was able to keep the players rested a bit more.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

End Of Season Report 2013/2014

This season, we would be challenging in the Blue Square Premier, after a successfull Play-Off Final in the Blue Square North against Darlington! The BSP would definately provide us with a huge challenge and it's down to the players to prove that we deserve to be here...

Squad Stats

We were inconsistent all season really, with only one or two players with consistent form and the rest picked up AVMR's between 6.60 and 6.80! Gary Beckford YPO1 was arguably one of our best players, despite his awfull AVMR, picking up 15 goals to become the top goalscorer for the club this season, whilst assisting 9 goals, which was the second best after Matt McGinn. Ryan James was our star at Centre Back and when he got injured, the squad fell to pieces and we couldn't win matches, so he's been very important and the best player in the squad by far. Manuele De Petrillo YP02 stepped in late on in the season to provide 4 assists in just 5 games! If he can hit that sort of form next season, we might just better ourselves!

Squad Training

Just a quick note on our training. We have brought in 2 new coaches during the season, after the board allowed us 2 extra. This has allowed us to bring fantastic training to our players and i'm sure you would agree if you have a look at the star ratings for coaching above.

Squad Tactics

Here are the tactics I used in April and what I intend to use next season. I'm hoping that with a few tweaks to player instructions, I might be able to get something better out of the squad. At times it was painfull to watch the team, so this is why I made swift action to change things tactics wise.

Transfers

The "Transfer Proof" for the season!

Finance Summary

Overall, for the season, we've struggled with outgoings, but we've ended with £77k in the bank on the 1st June. Hopefully this will improve next season, but I wouldn't put a bet on it!

Blue Square Bet Premier

17 wins, 13 draws and 16 losses... We can't complain at our 13th place this season as we were very much expected to be in a relegation dog fight! An amazing finish to the season, saw us keep the spot that we have rarely vacated all season! The only thing that has worried me a lot this season is the amount of goals we concede and i'll be looking to rectify that for next season.

FA Cup

4th Qual Round: Southport 1 - 2 Chester

1st Round: Chester 3 - 1 Gloucester

2nd Round: Chester 1 - 1 Swindon

2nd Round Replay: Swindon 3 - 1 Chester

Overall, very pleased to have reached the second round and pushed Swindon right till the end. They are a League 1 side, so we can be very proud of our draw and we weren't bad in the replay either! It definately brought in some money and is key to the fact that we still have money at the end of the season.

FA Trophy

1st Round: Chester 1 - 1 FC United

1st Round Replay: FC United 1 - 1p Chester

2nd Round: Northwich 1 - 2 Chester

3rd Round: Chester 0 - 2 Macclesfield

I was hoping for a longer run, but we came up against an extremely strong Macclesfield side and we were never expected to beat them! Hopefully next season we can go a bit further...

Verdict: A fantastic season for Chester really and I couldn't find much fault, especially for a team that has brought 0 players in and relied on youth intake. As shocked as I was, I have been voted 2nd for Manager Of The Year!

Goal Of The Season - Wes Baynes

[video=youtube;8ss-CjWtKaM]

Love a challenge and this is a massive one. Normally rely on transfers to complete small club to big club challenges so this will be a nice change. Hope to get a feel for it before giving it a good go on 13.

Gone to the dark side and decided to go Chester(I know I should be shot along with the other Wrexham players here:lol:). Wanted Chippenham but did not come up after many reloads.

Manager Profile

General Info

Facilities

Current Squad

Backroom Staff

Finances

Drew. Lowestoft Town. 2012/2013

Managed to finish a very respectable 9th, never had a chance at making the play-offs, but never in any danger of getting embroilled in a relegation battle.

Here is the Squad, quite a few players will be leaving which will free up a lot of wages, so hopefully I won't be losing too much money during the season; lower wages > more income > improve Junior Coaching/Youth Facilities > Profit.

My Finances took a pummeling over the season, but a lot of money spinning friendlies have sorted that right out.

Youth Player Number One had an impressive two games, keeping two clean sheets in the process, will be one to keep an eye on imo.

My best player

Proof that I'm not cheating

Junior Youth Coaching has already been improved this season, will try and do the same next season.

wow- so much activity over the day! will start replying now and updating the table.

Welsh Wizard- Welcome to the challenge! good luck with chester and maybe you can get them promoted.

Forest- Good season making the playoffs. You were unlucky to fall in the semi-final but you should be proud of what you have done. Good luck for next season.

Avramski- Unlucky just missing out on the playoffs. However, it was still a great effort despite being top of the league. Playoffs next season ;).

Tactic Master- In your first 2 seasons what you have done is nothing short of incredible. If I'm honest, I thought you were going to go straight back down so a midtable finish is great :)

Drew- A nice safe season with a respectable 9th place. The future looks bright for Lowestoft.

Forest, very unlucky to fall just near the end :( Hopefully next season you can push for the title maybe and bring those youngsters through to be regular 1st teamers! Best of luck!

Slich, keep on going mate :D Keep the focus! Drill it into your teams heads!

Avramski, that is so annoying, you were so close aswell! Unlucky mate, now you need to do the same again but make sure they don't become complacent, I think this will be your season :)

Welsh Wizard, glad you chose Chester, my favourite team for this sign up! If you need any advice on the team, just ask.

Drew The Cookie Eater, fantastic first season, keep up the good work mate :)

wow- so much activity over the day! will start replying now and updating the table.

Tactic Master- In your first 2 seasons what you have done is nothing short of incredible. If I'm honest, I thought you were going to go straight back down so a midtable finish is great :)

Thanks :D I never believed we would get relegated, but I never believed we'd fight for mid-table either and the annoying thing is, we could have done so much better aswell. We got too many draws in the end.

One fact for you: I've never been relegated with a team since I started playing football manager in 2007 :)

Second game into the new season, and I'm already in a lot of trouble, despite beating Boston Utd 4-0 and title favourites Tamworth 1-0

The reason is, both strikers got injured in the Tamworth match, 1 is out for 6 weeks, the other for 8 months with a broken leg, this is going to be fun ....

FC United of Manchester- Season 3 2014-2015

Welcome to an update on the goings on of my third season in charge of FC United.

Finances- Very good with 350k in the bank. This is down to having a large stadium that i can pack by organising a high profile friendly.

Facilities- No improvements but I havent posted them in a while. Junior coaching is up to average.

League Table- An Average Season in the BSN, but it brought us our highest ever finish! Only an improvement of 1 point on last season and scoring even fewer goals led to us being nowhere near the playoffs and 11th place was flattering.

Squad - Wolfenden still got top scorer by playing fewer games but walcott ( who it turns out has some pace :p) pushed him all the way. The big shock is Billy Smith, who didnt even get a YP tag. I had him tutored which increased his determination to 18! He has since made rapid progress and pushed up to 4.5 stars CA. This is more than his inital PA. He will be a regular starter next season and i think he can develop into a star for us.

Youth Squad- Some decent prospects in there but none deserved the YP tags. I gave tags to 2 players this season. Conor Deasy YP06 is a left back and Ryan Lovell YP07 is a Centre Midfielder. Still no strikers have gained a YP tag but Billy Smith should have one.

Transfers- Im clean!

YP Watch

Joseph White YP01- Has Progressed nicely making quite a few league appearances. His improvement in tackling is definately the stand out increase.

David Roberts YP02- Has also done well making plenty of appearances and has improved well.

Kristian Colbourne YP03- Has made great strides despite no first team action and he will be starting next season

Jordan Ling YP04- Has Played but hasnt improved much

Louis Jordan YP05- Not had as many games a Ling but has still got better

Player of the season- Greg Stones. Solid at Centre back and has led to us only conceding 33 league goals.

Targets for next season

- Get into the playoffs

- Score more goals

- Improve Youth Facilities/coaching

Decided I would put more effort into my updates in an attempt to drag the standard up ;).

P.S please remember to include all the things stated in the OP in your updates :)

I have very much enjoyed reading through this challenge thread so far, and now that I have entered that 'comfort zone' with my career save I am ready to take on the ultimate FM challenge myself!

Weymouth_Badge_2011-2012.jpg

June 24th 2012, Weymouth FC announce that they have hired Ben Talbott.

Some notable screenshots at the start of the game;

General Information

Starting Finances

Starting Facilities

A starting squad of just 20 players and a media prediction of dead last (22nd) make this a sizeable task.

My long term goals for this game break down as such;

A four year plan per league:

* Year 1, survive

* Year 2, mid table

* Year 3, challenge

* Year 4, promotion

Looking at the squad, I think I am going to be playing narrow and block up the middle, but going very attacking when I have the ball. Conceding goals will happen regardless, so we are going to try and go out and put a few on the scoreboard ourselves.

I couldn't resist the lure of Weymouth when they popped up, their reputation isn't complete challenge suicide and the town is where we vacationed when I was a kid back in the day :thup:

*fingers crossed* and here goes :D

Bury Town: Mid-Season Cup Update

So far, we've had some success in the FA cup, as we managed to work our way into the first round proper to face a BSP side Forest Green. We lucked out big time when we faced lincoln in the 4th qualifying round because 3 of their best attackers couldn't play because they were on loan and not cup eligible. Managed to squeak out a 1-0 result because of it

Fixtures

Amusing thing is that Bury Town managed to actually reach the same round last year while they were still in the Isthman premier before losing to the League 1 side Huddersfield

2011 Fixtures

Should be interesting to see if we can advance any further

It's good to see that we keep getting new people in here, best of luck to Braumiller! Should be interesting as we haven't had that team yet :)

Slich, it's all money spinners from now on, so hopefully you can go far in the FA Cup! It will be worth it.

AS FOR ME! It's been an interesting start to the season for sure, with Petrillo YP02 squeezing us past Hayes and Yeading, who we couldn't even get close to last season, then a massive and impressive defensive display against York to grab a 1 - 1 draw (nice corner :D) and then the only result that baffled me was a 2 - 2 against Blyth, who I would have expected to beat.

Tactic Master- You are setting the standard. Your career thread is looking great!

Braumiller- Welcome to the challenge! I have a feeling that weymouth are going to be a very hard challenge. Dont dismiss trying to be tight at the back, I had my team concede just 33 goals in my third season! It's a good way to go if you have crap strikers because otherwise you may struggle to score and still concede. I'm changing to a more attacking tactic next season because I have learnt my team and I'm fed up of scoring less goals then the amount of games we have played :D. sorry for the rant on the value of defence ;)

What are your policies with players you tag? I immeadiately put them in the first team and give them games. Not sure if this is the right approach but my players seem to develop well.

Braumiller- Welcome to the challenge! I have a feeling that weymouth are going to be a very hard challenge. Dont dismiss trying to be tight at the back, I had my team concede just 33 goals in my third season! It's a good way to go if you have crap strikers because otherwise you may struggle to score and still concede. I'm changing to a more attacking tactic next season because I have learnt my team and I'm fed up of scoring less goals then the amount of games we have played :D. sorry for the rant on the value of defence ;)

Heh, thank you for the welcome.

Isn't that the beauty of this game, the many different approaches that can be taken? :)

Well, I got hooked and stayed up way too late last night and I am 22 games into my Weymouth career now, and it is fair to say we should be called 'The Entertainers'! We have only kept 3 clean sheets, but we have only failed to score in 1 game. Only 1 DR, playing a DC at DM full time, no true MC cover and a 1 star FC scores for fun while the slightly better option refuses too..... The beauty of non-league :D

What are your policies with players you tag? I immeadiately put them in the first team and give them games. Not sure if this is the right approach but my players seem to develop well.

Once I get mine, the youths with the potential will be in the first team squad immediately. First team action = development

Going to give this another crack after my Hendon relegation, reloaded a few times as I wanted a team that nobody else was using.

BedfordTown.png

Bedford Town F.C

24th June 2012 - Bedford Town have appointed rookie manager Ant Fletcher by giving him a 2 year deal worth £325 p/w.

Bedford Information

Facilities

First Team

We have a tiny squad, of which we have 2 goalkeepers, 4 defenders in total, 5 midfielders and 7 strikers..

Ant- Good to see you back having another crack and Bedford look to be a massive challenge. Only 18 Players at your disposal is worrying but I'm sure you can steer them clear of relegation.

Drew- Callum Foulkes looks great but unfortunately the 'big heading target man' (like andy carroll) are quite ineffective in fm. This is because of its nearly impossible to score headed goals from crosses with strikers set to target man. he could still play that role and score with his feet, but headed goals will be few. Still looks well above this level so he will be effective.

I'm in!

Having just won the Premier League with Droylsden I'm looking to put aside my main game and try something else so a bit. Ramping up the difficulty I'm going to give a shot at running this challenge alongside jimbowmanuk's

Big Club, Small Country - Challenge. Erm, perhaps that should be Small Club, Small Country then.

I initially holidayed to 2013 and reloaded a few times hoping to get Sheffield FC, but then I decided that I wasn't sure if that would even work and I was getting tired of reloading so I went back to 2012 and picked Carshalton . Didn't realise that a number of other people had chosen them as well! Ah well, at least we can compare notes.

I won't post the club details as others have done so already, but step forward Charlie Nguyen.

I loaded up all the game's Vietnamese players, all players in the Vietnamese league and all the Asian leagues in addition to the challenge's required database.

And here's the Carshalton squad.

I expet its going to take a very long time before there's anything even approaching success in this game, and the inability to sign players makes it difficult for me to really engage with my team at present, so I'm going to hammer through the early seasons pretty quickly.

p.s. Imo it would be a big improvement if people posted the stats of their AM when posting youth intakes. There's not much point getting excited about a YP with 5 start for ability and potential if your AM only has 1 in JPA/JPP, is there? My AM has 14 for both stats.

Edit: By the time I've won the Premier League I hope I'll be spelling my team's name correctly...

Charlie- Welcome to the challenge and it's an interesting twist to do a 2in1 combo! Good luck with carshalton. You may find you dont get any vietnamese players for ages and this is because of the low youth recruitment of clubs at this level. You may still get lucky as I think Tactic Master got a Sammarinese player through in his second season. As for assistants, I think most people get an assistant with good stats (mine has 13 for CA and 19 for PA) but the stars are only a rough guideline. Thats why people post the players stats so you can see if they are really good or not ;)

Edit: saw your edit. If you win the premier league I wont care how you spell your teams name! I'll be two busy inducting you into the hall of fame :D

The HoF looks good!

I know that VN players will be extremely scarce - it may be that the two challenges end up running one after the other, as I doubt anything will happen with VN until Carshalton are extremely well established. Well, it'll be fun finding out.

The HoF looks good!

I know that VN players will be extremely scarce - it may be that the two challenges end up running one after the other, as I doubt anything will happen with VN until Carshalton are extremely well established. Well, it'll be fun finding out.

I'm doing the same :) First season we didn't get any Sammarinese players, but second season we got a really good one, who could probably become a legend for San Marino, playing for U21's at 16 years old :)

Tactic master- Added your ideas, let me know if you have anymore :). Was thinking all the most goals and appearances awards would be decided just before the next version comes out with everyone entering their youth player with the most appearances and goals and seeing which player has the most.

P.S- did you see who the first member of the HoF is? ;)

Tactic master- Added your ideas, let me know if you have anymore . Was thinking all the most goals and appearances awards would be decided just before the next version comes out with everyone entering their youth player with the most appearances and goals and seeing which player has the most.

P.S- did you see who the first member of the HoF is?

Yeah I saw :D Hopefully I can get my name in other places too :) I'm confident of a better finish than 13th this season, we seem stronger at the back with the new tactic, just still struggling for goals.

First Youth Player In World Team Of The Year

First Youth Player To Win Golden Ball

Most Golden Ball

First Youth Player To Win World Player Of The Year

Most World Player Of The Year

Most Team Of The Year

Biggest Sale Of Youth Player (meaning how much you received for selling a youth player you brought up)

Most FA Cup's

Most League Cup's

Most Champions Leagues

Most Premier Leagues

Most Community Shields

Most Super Cups

Most Club World Championships

First to win Community Shield

First to win World Club Cup

First to Win Super Cup

Most Capped Youth Player

I Could go on :D

TM- WOW. When you say most capped, do you mean international? Theres so many ideas, not sure which ones to put in? I probably wont include the 'most' (insert competition) because the challenge is only to win the Pl and CL once. Will include the others though :)

TM- WOW. When you say most capped, do you mean international? Theres so many ideas, not sure which ones to put in? I probably wont include the 'most' (insert competition) because the challenge is only to win the Pl and CL once. Will include the others though :)

Yeah, most Internation Caps :) Thats fine, was just throwing around ideas :D

done. The hall of fame is looking quite big, might have to make it a hangar of fame!

Is there a way to see how many posts someone has had in a thread? was thinking of doing 'most active poster' award?

done. The hall of fame is looking quite big, might have to make it a hangar of fame!

Is there a way to see how many posts someone has had in a thread? was thinking of doing 'most active poster' award?

Wouldn't have thought so, without counting, but theres me, you and a few others close enough.

Drew. Lowestoft Town. Blue Square South. 2013/2014

An improvement on last season, this time, instead of finishing outside of the play-offs, we were able to Finish 4th, not bad really, Truro were just too strong for us in the play-offs, but next season we should come back stronger.

The Squad, we will be losing a few deadwood in the summer, saving us about £900 a week in wages, which is improtant for us.

Aradavan Dobinson YP1 was fantastic at the back for us, 23 clean sheets in total, wow.

Callum Foulkes YP2 came in during the newest batch, he along with four others will by fighting for starting places in the side, he has already shown he has a killer touch in front of goal already.

To prove I'm not cheating

Pre season friendlies helped us to a healthy balance over the course of the season, we've already made £300k in the summer for next season, so improving our Junior Coaching is a must.

Junior Coaching is at Adequate at the moment, I'll try and improve that over the course of next season.

I'm doing the same :) First season we didn't get any Sammarinese players, but second season we got a really good one, who could probably become a legend for San Marino, playing for U21's at 16 years old :)

That's awesome news! I can't wait for my first Viet.

Archived