One Day We'll Basque In Glory!

B.W.G

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SRL88 - Thanks :D We did indeed,was a good performance and the boys didn't take defeat too badly.

deltablue - We have done in style!After December's games,we are now sitting in 3rd place just 1 point behind 2nd!

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga Adelante - December 2016

Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-58.png

League Table

LigaAdelanteOverview_Stages-15.png

Manager's Thoughts

That was a brilliant month if I do say so myself.The game against Almeria was actually even but we were ruthless with our finishing with MAR being the star of the show as he scored two and also provided an assist in our only home game of the month.We then travelled to recently relegated Levante and I think we shocked them as we did out play them and was unlucky to come out of the match with only a point.As for the Castilla game,I don't think they know what hit them,we could have won 6-0 but we missed a penalty but 5-0 at their ground was more then satisfying with Goni being a hat-trick hero.

We end the month in 3rd place which is brilliant but we are one point behind 2nd which is the last automatic promotion spot.If we can keep our morale and good form up then there is no reason why we can't challenge for an automatic spot.The only thing which is difficult in this league is beating Alaves,18 teams including us have tried and 18 have failed.

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga Adelante - January 2017

Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-59.png

League Table

LigaAdelanteOverview_Stages-16.png

Manager's Thoughts

Three out of four games were away from home in which I have in the past struggled with,so to pick up two wins is brilliant.We were the better finishers in the game against Elche as they were better then us for most of it,we actually scored all three goals in the game against Ceuta in a game we dominated.A Carlos Goni doubled secured victory over Xerez with help from a controversial penalty decision favouring us.As for the last game of the month,I never seem to be able to win at their ground,it seems like some hoodoo mumbo jumbo magic conspiring against us when we play there!

With Alaves losing two games in a month,the league is now wide open.The league in general is quite close as even 22nd could mathematically win the league at just over the halfway point.If we can keep some good form up then we should be able to nick a playoff spot at minimum but February will be one of the tougher months along with March so these two months will definitely define our season.

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga Adelante - February 2017

Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-60.png

League Table

LigaAdelanteOverview_Stages-17.png

Manager's Thoughts

By our recent standards,I think that can be classified as a poor month as we didn't perform to how I know we can.The goalkeeping and defence was fine but the midfielders and strikers let us down as they cost us another 4 points.If we could finish then we could have beat Getafe and Gimnastic,the Rayo game saw us with two players suspended as well as a sickness bug affecting numerous players.The Murica win was what we needed to help keep morale up as well as keep being in touch with the top two.

We head into March in a playoff spot which will be an astonishing achievement for a club of our stature but March is another important month which will help define the season.March also brings Youth Candidate day,I am hoping for another DR as well as a ST who can put Sola and Goni under pressure as both have been showing complacency.Another plus from this month comes in the form of Ignacio Romero who made his debut for Spain u21 at the age of 17!

First time I have seen this....

XabierEtxebarriaNews_Inbox8.png

Obviously will be easier getting a game for Luxembourg as we could probably beat them ourselves!He's only 16 and made 11 appearances which he hasn't really impressed me anyway!

Coentrao - It is indeed,it's almost has priceless as my face when I fell for the April fools.....god damn SI :D

The Youth Candidate day has been and there was literally one talent who would make any impact on the first team.A ST by the name of Aitor Itturi and here he is!

AitorIturriOverview_Profile.png

What you see is his ability which is rated at 2* CA!He is also dubbed the next Fernando Llorente!His appearance against our u19's brought devastation to them:

VitoriaUnder19svVitoriaYouthCandidatesInformation_Overview.png

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga Adelante - March 2017

Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-61.png

League Table

LigaAdelanteOverview_Stages-18.png

Manager's Thoughts

We were supposed to play five games during the month but the match with Sabadell was postponed due to waterlogged pitch and will be played in April.We edged the Tenerife game which was too close for comfort but we won which gave us a vital three points in our quest for promotion.We dominated the game against Peurtollano which 2-0 flattered them more then us and we could had easily scored 4 or 5 and that would have been fair.As for the defeats,one was fair and the other was not so,the fair loss was against Valladolid as we didn't really show up to the races so it was a deserved loss.The 3-0 loss to Celta was a joke,I don't think it should had gone ahead to start with,I was missing 8 first teamers due to call ups and had to field a very weak side bar Diez,Uranga and Goni so wasn't really a fair match!That match could have been a lot worse then 3-0!

April will be a busy month for us as we have six games to play,I reckon we could possibly get nine or ten points and that should be able to turn the pressure up on those above us.We are still in 6th but we have a minimum of one game in hand on teams which is at home against Sabadell and that to me is a must win to increase our chances.The pressure is turning up and I hope we don't crack!

Shame on the anticipation but still he is amazing!

Lacking anticipation seems to be a trait all my strikers have,Sola has anticipation of 8,Goni has 10 and Tena (my 4th choice striker) has 8.I hope the rest of his stats make up for it!

AK22 - April has been a very good month,we have won four out of five matches so far and we have one left to play.

deltablue - We now have a 10 point advantage with 7 games left to play.Iturri isn't the only decent striker to come through,Xerez just had this guy come through...

lexPajaresGarcaOverview_Profile.png

Thanks :D I actually think that this was our worse one yet,the only problem with being in the Basque region is that Athletic are always sniffing around the hot prospects.

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga Adelante - April 2017

Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-63.png

League Table

LigaAdelanteOverview_Stages-19.png

Manager's Thoughts

It was a brilliant month for us as we picked up 13 points,the month started off with a shocking win over Alaves as Goni netted the winner on 83 minutes.We won against Logrones,in which I thought the world was ending as Uranga netted a double which never ever happens,we followed this up with a convincing 3-0 win in our game in hand against Sabadell with both strikers getting goals.Numancia edged the game so the loss was fair but it didn't affect us too much as the teams around us slipped up as well.Itturri was the star of the match as he came on as a sub against Ponferradina as he hit a brace in a 2-1 win,the match against Recreativo saw us absolutely dominated and still walk out with a point which shows how much we don't give up.

We up to May and have six games left to play and I do feel quite confident of a playoff spot as four of the six are at our ground.We are not too far off second place either but Getafe do have a easier run in then us but either way we have done brilliantly this season but it isn't over by a stretch.May not have scored as many as last season but we have conceded a lot less than last season!

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga Adelante - May/June 2017

Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-64.png

League Table

LigaAdelanteOverview_Stages-20.png

Manager's Thoughts

Six games,five victories and one unbelievable promotion,I am absolutely ecstatic with what happened and pretty amazed with what we achieved.It was close and it went right down to the wire but head to head proved to be our saviour,it is unbelievable that we will be playing Liga BBVA next season in a 900 seater stadium!

Thanks guys :D Can't say I was expecting it,I was expecting Getafe or Tenerife to win their game and me get a playoff spot!

We've also finally moved up from 0.5* to 1.5* so we're moving up in the world and we are now a regional club :lol:

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga Adelante - End of Season - 2016/17

2016/17 Transfers

To show I'm following the rules of not signing anyone.The players who left were not going to cut it any more,the most notable to leave was Lekumberri who amassed 227 appearances for the club.Vera left on loan as he was never going to get first team action but no one would even offer me £0 for him to move permanent.Ayechu left to get more first team action,he will have some part to play in the future but will need action to improve.

Competitions

Liga Adelante

League Table

What an extraordinary season for us,after just missing the playoffs last season,I was only aiming for a playoff spot for this season.We were always one of the teams in contention for the second spot but I didn't expect us to reach it.We actually secured 2nd place on the last game with virtue of having the better head to head record against Tenerife.We didn't score as many as the previous season but we did conceded 27 less goals which was quite the improvement.The most memorable victory for us would probably beating the champs Alaves 1-0.Joining us and Alaves will be Almeria who beat Tenerife in the final.Last thing I can say is....YES,YES,YES!!!!

Copa del Rey

4th Round

Was an impressive showing from us during the games we were in.We were the much better side against Rayo in the 2nd round but it still took penalties to see us through to the 3rd round but a win is a win.The 3rd rounds saw us play Liga BBVA side Osasuna,a heroic performance saw us not only win but also a clean sheet as we knocked them out 1-0 to send us to the 4th round for the first time ever.We were up against it from the word go in the 4th round as we faced Sevilla,a heroic performance from the team led us to a historic victory over Sevilla in the first leg as we claimed a 2-1 win.The 2nd leg saw Sevilla's quality shine through as they won 1-0 to knock us out on away goals but we still gave them a massive scare.

Players,Stats and Awards

Best XI 16/17 - Overall Best XI

Quick look at the Team Stats.

Carlos Goni

Goni was top scorer once again as he hit 20 goals in 43 appearances which is just below the one goal every two game mark.He would have done better but like the rest of my attacking force,he had a slow start to the season.Carlos Goni now has 75 goals for Vitoria so is only 25 away from 100 goals!At the age of 19,he is already regarded as a club legend,where as the guy who has led them to two unexpected promotions i.e. me can't even make favoured personnel!Life isn't fair....

Unai Gurrutxaga

Gurruxtaga once again topped the assist chart with 21 which is still a brilliant tally even if it is less then the 15/16 season.He did play less due to quite a big injury which kept him out of the start of the season and didn't start playing till end of September.He actually performed better then the previous season which is always good to see.I think Gurrutxaga is one of those players,who doesn't loo amazing but always does a solid job when he is called upon.

Rodolfo Bodipo

Had a fantastic season for the club as he played 43 times and scored 7 goals and averaged at 7.40 over the entire season.He played a key part in defence alongside Romero and helped concede nearly half the amount of goals we did the season before.His performances saw him pick up Fans Player of the Year and net himself a place on favoured personnel.

Special Mention - Ignacio Romero

Played a key role in defence alongside Bodipo,he performed brilliantly when he wasn't injured or suspended and his performances saw him become the first player in our team to receive a Spanish u21 cap!Hard to believe he is only 17 as he has already racked up 96 appearances for the club.He should have no problem in making the step up to play in La Liga.

Overview

Not in my wildest dreams did I think we would get promoted automatically which for a club of our size is nothing more then a dream for us.We performed better as team this season and basically laughed at the media's prediction of 22nd place!Even in the Copa del Rey we did brilliantly as in we knocked out Liga BBVA side Osasuna before giving Sevilla a almighty scare as we lost on away goals to them.In the league we were very even with the majority of teams with exception to very few games where they were a lot better then us and the two where we were missing alot of players due to international call ups.Next season will be interesting for us as we will be playing in top flight in a 900 seater stadium!Hopefully the togetherness of the team will shine through and we survive.

Not much will be done in pre-season as there is no option for Youth Recruitment to be extended,I think we are at the top level for Junior Coaching and the facilities are too expensive at the moment but hopefully that will be sorted in the near future with more money hopefully coming into the club.We have another year to wait before we move into the Vitoria Stadium so hopefully we can survive next season and build from there.

Season        Division            League       Cup       Continental      Avg.Att              Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12    Tercera Div.Grp 4       2nd         N/A           N/A            418              Promoted!  
2012/13    Segunda Division B3     9th         N/A           N/A            646              Survival!
2013/14    Segunda Division B2     9th         N/A           N/A            712          Copa RFEF Runner Up
2014/15    Segunda Division B3     3rd        1st Rnd        N/A            827          Won Promotion Playoff!
2015/16     Liga Adelante          7th        3rd Rnd        N/A           1487        Self-Proclaimed Entertainers
2016/17     Liga Adelante          2nd        4th Rnd        N/A            900              Promoted!

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - Pre-Season - 2017/18

Club Information - Facilities - Board Overview - Expectations - Finances

Pre-Season Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-65.png

The Team

Team Report - Tactics

Key Players

JoseZubillaga - GK

Was once dubbed the next Manuel Alumina but is now dubbed the next Andoni Zubizarreta which is the first time I have seen that label change.The youngster has already made 100 appearances for the club and with no real threat to his position,he could easily quadruple it.Really showed what he is capable of last season as he kept 13 clean sheets in 43 appearances and still has room for improvement.

Rodolfo Bodipo - DC

Like his namesake,he is also Spanish-Basque-Equatorial Guinean but ours plays in defence as well as choosing to play for Spain at the moment but that could still change.Bodipo has become the best defender in the team and was the Fan's Player of the Year last season.He is a vital piece of the puzzle and will need him to put in some big performances during the season to help us fight for survival.

Miguel Angel Rodriguez - AMR/AMC

Another youngster who is becoming quite the talent,at the moment he is the best midfielder in the team and can only get better as he gets older.Had his best season for the club last season as he averaged 7.04,scored five and provided twelve assists.He has done well with first team experience,with better facilities then he will probably be one of the leading players at the club.AMR is quite a strong position with three players all at 1.5* CA or above but MAR will do his best to see them off.

Iker Sola - AMC/ST

Didn't have the best of seasons last season after making an impact the season before.Scored one every three games last season as he hit 13 in 39 but my attacking force had a very slow start last season.Sola is still the best striker in the team for now but both he and Goni will need to be playing their A game in the new season with hit prospect Itturi waiting in the wings.I will be hoping he scores 10-15 goals this season in our bid for survival.

Overview

I am fully looking forward to this season as we will be playing in the top flight in a 900 seater stadium!The board however have amped up the pressure by saying I have to avoid relegation,in a situation like this,I feel that having a attempt to avoid relegation would be a lot fairer seeing as we have only just gone up to being a regional club.I think we may struggle but I think we can survive but a lot depends on our home form as in the first season in a division,our home form is always better then our away.The main aim is to get 40 points as that should be enough for survival then we can work on things from there.

The one thing I am happy for is that we are making every month due to the large amounts of TV money,if we can continue to make money like this then we should be able to afford a facility upgrade by January.We are also in our last season at the San Martin before we move to the Vitoria Stadium in July 2018.Let the fun and games begin in what I hope is an eventful season!

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - August 2017

Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-66.png

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages.png

Manager's Thoughts

Just the one game for the month.It was a cracker of a match and a very even game.We missed a penalty when the game was still at 0-0 and we had a let off as Betis had a goal disallowed shortly after,it was frantic with very few chances for the rest of the first half.2nd half saw MAR score to take the lead in the 54th minute,we then were reduced to ten men after Sola was sent off on 71 minutes for two bookable offences,Betis were then reduced to ten on 80 after receiving a straight red.Goni finished the scoring in the 94th minute.

September sees our first big test as we face Valencia,right now I will be delighted with 4 points from the month as it does look quite tough.We also set a record for lowest attendance with 900 so that's one record down even if it's not really one you want!With three points on the board,we need 37 points from the next 37 games to ensure survival,will also find out who we face in the Copa del Rey in which I hope to get an easier team!

Tactic Master - How quick I play and update normally depends what mood I'm in :lol: Thanks fella,will be hard but I like a challenge and will go all out.

acidmonkey - Thanks :D We've also added the scalp of Villarreal in what can only be described as a controversial win for us.

deltablue - Thanks :D However I am relieved I've not had to play Barcelona or real yet seeing as they have not conceded yet!

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - September 2017

Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-67.png

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-1.png

Manager's Thoughts

Can the seasons just end now please.We are overachieving and I really do know it,we were terrible against Valencia and even a 2-0 defeat flattered us.We very unlucky not to win against Racing as we were the better side but we couldn't finish our opportunities off.It was a win but it was a controversial win as Villarreal never should have been reduced to ten men in the first place,even with ten men,they were vastly superior but it was our finishing which won the match.The downside for us in this match was that we lost Santamaria to injury.The final game of the month was against Almeria,Iker Sola scored the only goal of the game off a rebound.This was a fairly even contest and one goal was going to decide it either way.

October will be a very important month for us,we face both rival relegation battlers Zaragoza and Real Sociedad,both games we will need results from to help our bid for survival.The other games are against Espanyol and Sevilla and I'm not really expecting anything from them.

noikeee - Thanks :D We have had some truly brilliant youths but my only worry is them reaching their potential as our facilities are not so great.Also Spain and England on my save seem to be rolling in talented youths.

arinceo - Thanks :D I am half expecting it but we've made a good start to October with drawing against Zaragoza and Real Sociedad but after that it looks like we will struggle.

deltablue - We'll see how we'll do,I've got a lot of harder games to play.At this moment in time we are 4th after 7 games while Malaga top the table.

Tactic Master - Thanks :D We've taken points off other relegation battlers so far,the last two games for October are both away,we face Espanyol and Sevilla to end the month.

Archived