One Day We'll Basque In Glory!

B.W.G

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oscar Exterbarria was the ass man's pick for the youth last season so it looks like he does know what he is doing.

Welsh Wizard - The only thing I really need now to are decent winger and another forward as those who been surpassed and replaced by youngsters are constantly moaning so I've been looking to sell them off.Another decent MC will be handy so I can rotate them more.With that,the team should be covered for the next 15-20 seasons.

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - October 2024

Fixtures

Untitled-33.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-73.png

Manager's Thoughts

Another two top class performances from the team in the Champions League saw us win 6-0 against Young Boys before showing Bayern a lesson in finishing on their own turf as we won 4-1.The league gave us no challenge what so ever,not even Real Madrid could cope with us,it has been far too easy.There is no way that we can't go the season unbeaten.We faced Sanse in the Copa del Rey,although my attacking force was near it's strongest ability,I decided to play a back five of Oscar Exterbarria (GK),Yon Exterbarria (DR),Inaki Aguirre (DC),Juan Prieto (DC) and Andreas Savvidis (DL).Out of those five Aguirre was the oldest at 18!Sola was his usual self as he bagged 17 goals in 6 games to take his tally to 52 goals in 16 games.

I don't see November being that challenging,we have home ties against Bayern Munich and Panathinaikos in the Champions League in which I think winning one of those will see us through.We have the 2nd leg against Sanse in which we have a 8 goal advantage so safe to the say that we are pretty much through.In the eague,we only have three games,we face Almeria,Getafe and surprise package Las Palmas.Not too bothered about Almeria and Getafe but I do have to be extremely careful with Las Palms,their manager is very shrewd and very rarely pays out over the top for players.The most he has paid for a player is £8 million for a Chilean international!I feel we can do it but I need to start stamping out complacency in the players during games.

Cheers fella :D I did,we conceded it in the first game of the season against Valencia and since then we have only conceded goals to Bayern in the Champions League!

Pretty normal for us,I think the Champions League was a tougher group then expected but we have gotten through with relative ease.As for the Copa del Rey,we went in for the kill straight off against Sanse but it ended up being overkill!

VitoriavSanseInformation_Overview.png

Was the first time I have ever hit double figures in a game for Vitoria (although I have done it three times with Spain!)

cerud - I have had more dominant games in possession wise but never have hit double figures before.

Scarman - We've been alright I guess :D

deltablue - I gave my youngsters at the back some game time,they were that bored of defending,they were providing assists!With the squad I have,I am actually quite surprised by it myself.

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - November 2024

Fixtures

Untitled-34.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-74.png

Manager's Thoughts

We did brilliantly in the Champions League as a brilliant win over Bayern was followed by a destructive performance by Sola in our 9-0 thrashing of Panathinaikos which has seen us through to the knockout stage and we've won five out of five.The Copa del Rey turned out to be a walk in the park as we won 14-0 on the night to clinch a 22-0 agg victory,we will now face Real Sociedad in the next round.The league had the good,the bad and the ugly,the good was beating Almeria in style,the bad was the performance against Las Palmas where they actually outplayed us but our counter attacking got us off the hook.The ugly was the draw against Getafe and now we have to deal with At.Madrid right behind!

December could end up being a busy month,we have tough games against Barcelona and Athletic as well as easier games against Jaen and Deportivo.The group stage finale against Young Boys in the CL as well as the CWC in which I will be looking to win it again.Sola has been Sola,he has scored 74 goals in 22 appearances which is absolutely staggering,I actually do believe he will beat last seasons record of 150!

In Liga BBVA related news,Barcelona have sacked Pepe Mel and hired Inter Milan manager Pep Guardiola!Guardiola has not been seen at the Nou Camp since 2012 and is thrown right into the deep end as his first game back in charge is against us in the league!

spainlogo.jpg

Spain - The road to Mexico 2026!

Fixtures

Untitled-36.jpg

World Cup Qualifying Group

Untitled-35.jpg

Manager's Thoughts

The usual has come from my Spanish side,the one who will go out the way to destroy teams in competitive action and then not really perform like they can in friendlies bar the exception which is Iker Sola.Needless to say,we have practically qualified for the World Cup in Mexico after performances like these,the only nation I have not faced in qualifying so far is Cyprus but I don't really see them being a threat and we should have qualification wrapped up in June 2025.Iker Sola was on fire as usual and now stands on 99 goals in 53 appearances for Spain so he needs just the one goal to become a centurion for his country in which he will more then likely get in 2025.

Just the one friendly against the Dutch before we have qualifiers against Cyprus and Lithuania.We will also compete in this years Confederations Cup which should be straight forward with us,Argentina,Germany and Mexico making the semi finals!Hopefully my players will treat it seriously and not like the matches in friendlies!

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - December 2024

Fixtures

Untitled-37.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-75.png

Manager's Thoughts

We did what we do best and that was winning.We finished off the CL group with a 4-1 victory over Young boys which gave us a perfect record,we face PSG in the Knockout round.The CWC was it's usual walk in the park,we scored fifteen in the competition in which Sola scored 7 of them while own goals was the next highest with 4!The league was simple as,we beat Athletic and Jaen with ease and I decided to give my entire first XI the day off against Deportivo,even our 2nd XI can match some Liga BBVA sides with Diez getting the only goal of the game.

January is here and we've sold two more players,Alfonso Azpiroz was sold to Sevilla for £5.75 million which is good considering I had loaned him to Athletic for the last two seasons for £750k a time.The other player to leave was Eriz Uranga who was sold to Valladolid for £1 million,Uranga made 373 appearances for Vitoria,is sad to see him go but it's only fair that he gets first team games.Three more could be leaving during the window,Iturri will be going out on loan to Bayern,AC Milan or Porto,youngster Borja Santano could be going on loan to Girona.Finally 4th choice goalkeeper Daniel Lekue could be leaving,accepted a loan offer from Elche but also accepted a bid of £750k from Las Palmas and £450k from Sporting.I am half expecting a bid for Javier Barandiaran has he handed a transfer requested and is wanted by Valencia.

As for competitions,the Copa del Rey kicks off again,we face Real Sociedad,I will field a strong squad to get it over and done with.At.Madrid is the toughest game we have to face in the league and it is a must win to get rid of them from challenging us from the title.We also have games against Villarreal,Zaragoza and Valencia but I'm not exactly threatened by any of those teams.Sola currently sits at 90 goals in 28 games which is phenomenal and has only missed the one game so far this season.

Sola, brilliant, etc. :D

Btw make sure to go by the records thread because at the moment Sola leads with only 106 goals there, 150 is a better figure. :D Making it 53 goals more than the 2nd placed player. :D

[c] - Not a tactic I created.....I personally can't stand Cena!I was glad Rock whooped his and ass :D

buzz2k7 - I seriously doubt it,maybe in the 2040's but it will be 6 years in charge of Spain when I leave which is long enough for now.It will take along time for the next Spain manager to mess it up.We've mainly been number one in the World since 2022,we did have a spell between January and June 2024 in 2nd.

cerud - I have tried,Aitor Iturri doesn't seem to be able to play as the lone man up front as he seems to be a support striker.Ander Diez normally can and is the 2nd choice lone striker.

Rayvon2 - I got the tactic from someone else but it doesn't appear that it's downloadable where I got it from.I'll put it on a site and pm you the link.

rancer890 - Try for 0 goals conceded!!I've not even had an unbeaten season yet.There are no words for Sola though.

noikeee - He is definitely one of a kind :D I forgot about the records,I'll wait till the end of this season as I feel he can get more then 150 goals this season.

SRL88 - Awesome isn't he :D Seeing as your a Liverpool fan,I'm going to tell you straight,you may see me end up at Anfield sooner rather then later,a lot of financial difficulties have led to a serious downfall,all the way to league 2.Have been tempted to take them over and continue with my youth only policy.

deltablue - ssssshhhh!No one must know.

In a bit of sad news relating to Vitoria,I have decided to sell Javier Barandiaran to Valencia for £6.5 million (only because I have a good relationship with their manager

:D)

Untitled-38.jpg

It was also quite touching as he then responded with this

Untitled-39.jpg

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - January 2025

Fixtures

Untitled-41.jpg[/img]

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-76.png

Manager's Thoughts

Brilliant in the league and 2nd leg of the cups,poor in the first legs of the Copa del Rey.We put five past Villarreal and Zaragoza in the league while I have no idea how we only scored two against Valencia when we could easily have had five.Real Sociedad were no problem for us in the Copa del Rey,a late equalizer from rodriguez in the first leg against Valencia spare our blushes before Sola single handedly destroyed them in the 2nd leg to see us through to the semi's where we would face Real,suspensions to two players and injuries to both of my 1st choice DC partnership saw us put a weakened side out against Real,we should have won.We had the better chances,hit the post and had two disallowed.I can't blame Sola as he was suspended and Diez had no luck with the officials who were complete ***** to sum it up nicely.We are now without another 3 players who are suspended for the 2nd leg!

I sold Barandiaran to Valencia and then we lose both Romero and Bodipo to injuries both of which are three weeks.I've had to play Yon Extebarria at right back,moved Inigo Santos to centre back and play Inaki Aguirre at Centre back as well while Andreas Savvidis has had game time and really impressed in the Copa del Rey game against Real Madrid.February has one really difficult game and that is against Real Madrid,we have the Champions League kicking off again and we have the easier tie of P.S.G.League games are not really that threatening as there is only really Malaga who stand the best chance against us due to the formation they play.As for Iker Sola,he has scored 103 goals on 34 games by the end of January and has missed two more games this month (rest against Real Sociedad - 2nd leg and suspended against Real Madrid).

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - February 2025

Fixtures

Untitled-42.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-77.png

Manager's Thoughts

We were absolutely fantastic in the cups,we finished Real Madrid off in style as we won the 2nd leg 4-1 and will now face their City rivals At.Madrid in the final of the Copa del Rey.We have a massive advantage going into the 2nd leg of the CL as we took apart P.S.G 7-1,what made it sweeter was the fact that it was at their ground so we have seven away goals.I have mixed emotions about the league,I was over the moon with the Espanyol game as Sola scored 4 and set up Perez,I was also satisfied with the Malaga game as their keeper keep it down to three.We were very poor against Sporting,all that victory did was paper over the cracks of the poor performance.Then there was the Celta game,I do not even know what to say other then their goes my ambition of going the season unbeaten.We were complacent in Midfield as they messed everything up and didn't care and that left me feeling bad for Sola who had to try and conjure something up out of nothing!

March is here and we have two very tough games in the league,we face At.Madrid on the 5th before facing Real Madrid on the 8th.I need to get something out of these games as At.Madrid are only 6 points behind us so it is pretty close going into March.The rest of the league games shouldn't be too challenging,but as you saw against Celta then complacency could screw us over again.We have the 2nd leg of the CL and I it's pretty safe to say that we are through to the quarter finals after our first leg performance.With March being here,it brings my favourite day with us....Youth Candidate day.Would love some attacking players to help bring the next generation through,no specific positions just attacking players.For Sola watch,he has 40 appearances and also 116 goals,at international level he passed the 100 goal barrier as he netted a hat-trick against the Netherlands to take his tally to 102 goals for Spain.

cswalk08 - He doesn't always score with every shot :D He has scored 29% of his shots this season,he has hit 124 goal out of 420 shots but probably has had about 20 goals disallowed on top of that!

Scarman - Also lost to At.Madrid in March which turned the pressure up slightly but it was embarrassing losing to Celta.They were the performances we should have put in!

JackJCFC - It ranks up there as one of my favourite victories in the CL :D

I lost two this season but ssssshhh,can't let the chairman here you :D

He is pretty much unstoppable when he is up front on his own.When there is two up font,he doesn't always seem to play as well as he can!

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - Youth Candidate Day 2025

The Candidates

CDVitoriaYouthCandidatesSquad_Players-10.png

The Prospects

1. Israel Alcantara

2. Jose Luis Bueno

3.Igor Calvo

Manager's Thoughts

Alcantara is definitely the undisputed choice of the Youth Candidates especially seeing as he has a rating of 1 gold star already,he is also one of 12 MC's the club where he is the 7th best so that tells me all those below are getting sold off as I have too many.Up next is Bueno,it is a rarity to see a player who can play both AML and AMR as well as having either for his favoured foot so he will be very useful in the future.Calvo is the first striker we've had through in three intakes I think,he will make a useful backup in the future,he is described as a poacher which is interesting as I've not had one before,I will get Sola to tutor him as he has the same personality.....short tempered!

A thing which interest me is Alcantara is the first pure Spaniard through as there is no Basque in him.Another interesting fact is that they all have hair,earlier in the save they were mainly coming through bald as young as 15 and now they are coming through with hair!I honestly think we are set for a long time and in some cases like the MC position,I will be looking to sell some players as we have far too much competition for two spots.

Archived