• Last Reply

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - October 2022

Fixtures

Untitled-5.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-53.png

Manager's Thoughts

Practically the same as the last two months,we finished the month with a 100% record.My favourite result was definitely the 4-1 victory over Juventus in the Champions League which has put us on course for the knockout stage.We beat Hercules in the Copa del Rey 6-0 which gives us a massive advantage in the 2nd leg.There was only one game in the league where we struggled and that was against At.Madrid it took a controversial penalty to get rid of them.Sevilla have been underachieving and their manager was sacked after the game.

November is actually a straight forward month as we don't really play the big teams till December (Real and Barcelona) and January (Malaga and Valencia).We're practically through in the Copa del Rey and there is no reason why we can't go November unbeaten as well.At this moment in time we are averaging 23210/23250 so we could be in a position to expand the stadium again at the end of season.Sola has continued with his run and now has 28 goals in 15 appearances.Hopefully he can keep that record up!

Thanks fella :D

I've been quite astonished myself.The only game we've messed up so far was the return game against Juventus as I got the tactics wrong but even then we drew 1-1.

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - November 2022

Fixtures

Untitled-6.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-54.png

Manager's Thoughts

Well that's all the easy games out of the way,the only thing we managed to mess up was the CL game against Juventus and that was my fault as I got the tactics wrong and we were very lucky to sneak a draw as we managed 4 shots in the entire the game,we also put another 6 past Celtic taking our CL tally to 22 with a game to go!The Copa del Rey was easy and we stuck another 6 past Hercules to claim a 12-1 agg victory.The league saw us play 4,win 4 and score 19 goals in the process,we are really too hot to handle at the moment,Sola is even hotter as he sits at 44 goals in 22 appearances!

December sees the start of a challenging two months as we play Malaga 3 times,Valencia,Real Madrid and Barcelona,I am hoping complacency hasn't set in yet as that may cause a bit of trouble considering I've won 14 on the bounce in the league so it is nervy for me.I know I can't win them all but I don't want too much damage done in the next couple of months as I normally make mistakes around the Christmas period.

Was a good run while it lasted,we drew against Barcelona 1-1 but what's more remarkable is that we finished the game with 9 men after some dodgy refereeing.Barcelona committed 15 fouls and get just two bookings while we commit 16 fouls and end up with 7 yellow cards and 2 red!

Was a good run while it lasted,we drew against Barcelona 1-1 but what's more remarkable is that we finished the game with 9 men after some dodgy refereeing.Barcelona committed 15 fouls and get just two bookings while we commit 16 fouls and end up with 7 yellow cards and 2 red!

Sounds like Barcelona uses their transfer money for refs and not players ;)

Only for not giving red cards,in 15 games Barcelona have had 38 yellow cards and 0 red cards while we've had 40 yellow cards and 3 red cards.They should pay for players as there not exactly setting the world alight :D

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - December 2022

Fixtures

Untitled-7.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-55.png

Manager's Thoughts

The month ended with less games then expected due to Real's participation in the Club World Cup.We finished our CL group stage with a bang as Sola hit 4 in our 5-1 win against RB Salzburg and we will now face a tricky tie against Inter in the 1st Knockout Round.The Copa del Rey was disappointing,we originally won 5-1 but due to a crash,we ended up replaying and drawing 0-0!The league game against Barcelona was a joke,we drew 1-1 but finished with 9 men and a further two suspended due to bookings!The win against Bilbao was impressive as we had four first teamers suspended,goals from Aranburu and Bodipo were enough for victory even if we were just hanging on by the end of it.

December also saw the World awards given and Iker Sola won a double as he won Balloon d'Or and World Player of the Year in what I can only describe as a sensational year!January brings 6 games,1 against Real,1 against Valencia and another 2 against Malaga and they go in the order of Malaga,Valencia,Real and Malaga which is quite a hardsh run!The other two games are Sporting and Las Palmas which both will be tricky due to their positions.

Expecting more next month as we have a very strong first eleven but it's a bit weaker below and if we beat Malaga in the CDR then that will give us another two games and a must for rotation.

spainlogo.jpg

Spain - The long wait till Euro 2024

Fixtures

Untitled-8.jpg

Manager's Thoughts

Due to Spain hosting Euro 2024,I am stuck playing friendlies for a couple of years which I am using as a opportunity to give youngsters coming through their chance as well as giving Sola the chance to break Spains goal scoring record legitimately (no playing weaker nations over and over!) which stands at 74 which was set by Fernando Torres of all people!Sola has 36 goals in 28 appearances so he does stand a very good chance of doing so.As good as the Ecuador result was,my proudest was actually against Scotland as they have quite a few good players,their number one keeper players for At.Madrid and their best defender plays for the Premier League Champs Tottenham!

scarman - Thanks fella :D

Raware - Thanks!I think Sola is the 2020's version of Messi for his goalscoring :p

SRL88 - As good as they are,I think they can be better but I still need more defenders to come through as we are lacking in that area,especially at right back.

cerud - Inigo Santos (13 yellow cards by mid-January!) literally kicks everyone's ass and I just take the names :D

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - January 2023

Fixtures

Untitled-9.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-56.png

Manager's Thoughts

I am pleased with how we played in the Copa del Rey so far have I have been giving fringe players the opportunity to show what they can do,normally the Copa del Rey team as been 6 first XI players and 5 fringe players which has left us in a good position for another final which looks to be against Athletic!Our performance in the league has been diabolical,we were poor at finishing against Valencia,poor against Malaga and even worse against Sporting.I changed the formation back to one up front against Las Palmas and it paid off but we are now under a bit of pressure to shake At.Madrid off our tails.

February doesn't look too difficult bar the At.Madrid game which is a must win and the Champions League tie against Inter Milan.We have the 2nd leg of the Copa del Rey in which we have a two goal advantage which is very handy,this month doesn't look too long and hopefully we can start picking up points after January's blip!Sola has been player of the month has he scored 9 in 6 to take his tally to 58 in 30 for the season!

Scarman - There was no one who came out of that match without the hairdryer treatment.Sola was banned for the match as well!We had to pick up form after that,think it's just a coincidence that Sola was back from suspension.

rancer890 - He's brilliant,just wait till you see his performances in February as deltablue once said 'Sola Power!'

deltablue - As you said,giving the opposition a Sporting opportunity even if it wasn't my intention!Can't say we were Real Sporting during the match as we did our best to injure their players :D

Scarman - As you said,giving the opposition a Sporting opportunity even if it wasn't my intention!Can't say we were Real Sporting during the match as we did our best to injure their players :D

I guess if you can't win...destroy! ;)

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - February 2023

Fixtures

Untitled-10.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-57.png

Manager's Thoughts

Crash,bang and wallop....that's the sound of devastation left by Iker Sola,there was only At.Madrid who managed to stop Sola and even Inter Milan in the Champions League fell victim to his goal scoring abilities.Sola scored 19 goals in 6 games,talk about Sola Power.Sola now stands at 77 goals in 36 appearances!He only needs two goals to break the record he set last season and we still have a lot of games to play!

We breezed through into the final of the Copa del Rey as we won 8-1 which meant we recorded a 10-1 agg victory over Real Oviedo.We are in a strong position in the Champions League as we won 3-1 at the San Siro which was very impressive,the only problem is Sola is now suspended for the 2nd leg but I'm pretty sure we can finish them off without him.In the league,there was only Espanyol who gave us any problems in a game which we just edged.Even the game against At.Madrid,we found it pretty easily but our finishing let us down.I don't think Deportivo knew what hit them,they scored from there only shot on target and it was from the penalty spot.

March is now here and we kick it off with a big game as we face Real Madrid,the only other major game in the month comes in the 2nd leg of the Champions League against Inter but no only do we hold a 3-1 lead but we also have home advantage which is good news for us.We also have games against Sociedad,Granada,Zaragoza and Sevilla which I am hoping we can get a few more goals and wins.The last thing is that it's Youth Candidate Day and I am hoping for some defenders and a priority is right back as we actually only have two players who can play there so it is a very weak area.

We may be using Sola Power at the end of the season for building the stadium expansion as it should save on costs :D

I don't pity the first opponents of next month,it's Real Madrid.Hopefully Sola will score the winner though!What I did forget to mention is that between the Villarreal and Deportivo games,Spain had a friendly against Croatia (ranked 3rd in the World!) We won 6-2 and Sola scored five!

TheGreatTraveller - He is indeed and he leaves the opposition defence having sleepless nights :D

JackCFC - I probably will do but he should be good for another 9-12 seasons!

deltablue - He's quite a weird one,from what I have seen he plays better up front by himself.I have tired to play him with Aitor Iturri and Ander Diez.Sola doesn't play too badly with Diez but he isn't really effective with Iturri.

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - Youth Candidate Day 2023

The Candidates

CDVitoriaYouthCandidatesSquad_Players-8.png

My Top 3 Picks

1.Inaki Aguirre

2.Aitor Vallejo

3.Juan Prieto

Manager's Thoughts

Not too bad,there has been a lot of potential come through especially in the defensive area of the team which will help massively in the future.I think Aguirre,Vallejo and Prieto just edged being the best youth players but it's good for the future.Our u19's did beat the Candidates 2-1 but with the attacking force of my u19's,I am quite surprised the game was so close which shows the quality of defence in the candidates.Think I will grade this candidate day at a A- due to the lack of a standout star.

Hi there BWG I have been reading this thread since the start and have been astounded and impressed by your rapid progression! But I was just after a favour could you show me a screenshot of the stats and history of a former YP of yours. I cant quite remember his name and it will take a long time to browse through this thread. I believe his name was Angel something and you rated him as a prodigy but he never seemed to develop as well as you thought he would. I'm just interested to see what turned out of him, cheers

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - March 2023

Fixtures

Untitled-11.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-58.png

Manager's Thoughts

A 1-1 draw with Inter Milan saw us go through with a 4-2 aggregate victory which sets us up a quarter final tie with the English Champs Tottenham,hopefully it will be cleaner than the Europa League Final in 2021.In the league,March finished quieter then it started.We destroyed Real on their own patch and gave massive beatings to Real Sociedad and Granada.The game against Zaragoza was fairly disappointing as only Sola really turned up and we need to pick it up against better teams.The game against Sevilla was better but 3-1 flatters Sevilla as we missed a penalty and hit the woodwork three times!

April is here and we have a big CL tie against Tottenham in which I feel we can be confident on going through.The league sees us with a tough to the Month as we face Barcelona and Real Madrid but that is dependant on whether we get through to the semi finals.Hopefully we can get full points against At.Baleares,Almeria,Celta and Osasuna which should see us be on the verge of the league title.Sola is Sola and is still scoring,he currently stands on 89 goals in 41 appearances.

I hope so,I don't want to put a curse on myself but I think we are in for a glorious end to the season.Through to the CL semi-final where we will face Chelsea,the winners will face Arsenal or Real Madrid in the final!

SRL88 - Thanks fella :D

Scarman - I hope so,we beat Chelsea 3-0 in the first leg of the semi-final whereas Arsenal hold a 1-0 lead over Real.

JackJCFC - My aims are to bring a next gen of youth players through,I will definitely be playing till Sola retires and we get a 2nd new stadium which should be 2035-ish!After that I may look to do the same in England as I do have the English leagues down to level 8 loaded.

Hi there BWG I have been reading this thread since the start and have been astounded and impressed by your rapid progression! But I was just after a favour could you show me a screenshot of the stats and history of a former YP of yours. I cant quite remember his name and it will take a long time to browse through this thread. I believe his name was Angel something and you rated him as a prodigy but he never seemed to develop as well as you thought he would. I'm just interested to see what turned out of him, cheers

Only just seen this,I'm guessing you're on about Angel Diez.Your right he didn't develop quite as well as he could of,still at the club but will probably leave in 2026.He has made 246 appearances and scored 32 goals but with the emergence of younger and better talent,it left Diez at the wayside.He never wants to go out on loan and clubs are never interested in a permanent move.

Edit: At the end of the season I will do a brief section of the best Youth Players to come through for both past and present.

Archived