B.W.G

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - December 2020

Fixtures

DecemberFixtures.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-36.png

Manager's Thoughts

We've put ourself in a strong position in the Copa del Rey where we have a 3 goal advantage going into the 2nd leg against Sporting.Europa League saw us beaten badly against Borussia Dortmund but our fringe players did very well against M.Haifa as we won 2-0,we will face Wolfsburg in the 1st knouckout round.The league saw an easy win against Celta was followed by a shocking 5-1 win against Deportivo,we were also unlucky not to win against Malaga as we had a goal disallowed but in my opinion,a draw was a fair result.Brilliant end to 2020 as we top Liga BBVA!

January starts of easier with games against Sporting in the Copa del Rey and Granada in the league but then it get's really tricky as we face R.Madrid,Athletic,At.Madrid and Barcelona in that orders,looks like a very ugly end to January but if we get it out the way then it vastly reduces the number of quality teams we have to face later on in the season.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

spainlogo.jpg

Spain - World Cup 2022 Qualifying

Fixtures

SpainFixtures.jpg

Qualifying Table

WC2022Qualifying.jpg

Manager's Thoughts

So far so good,I do believe we have player the trickiest game in the group already which was away to Russia and we have a 100% record under my management which is pretty briliant.Tomas has been in brilliant goal scoring form and the even though he didn't score against Russia,it was his shot which led to the own goal.Next games are against Sweden at home and away to Belarus in the qualifiers.Before that we have a friendly against England which will be used to try different players out if possible as the age still needs lowering a bit even if I already have lowered it quite a bit.

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - January 2021

Fixtures

Januaryfixtures.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-37.png

Manager's Thoughts

This month saw our sloppiness let Real Madrid put more pressure on us.We were poor against Sporting in the 2nd leg of the Copa del Rey,it cost is victories against At.Madrid and Barcelona as well as almost costing us victory against Athletic as well.The only game we played well in was the 1st leg of the Copa del Rey against Zaragoza as we really did show our class.We lost against Real Madrid in controversial fashion in the Copa del Rey courtesy of a penalty which never should of have been,we could turn that round in the 2nd and we still haven't faced them in the league!

February is one of the tougher months we have left as we face Real in the 2nd leg of the Copa del Rey,a double header against Wolfsburg as well as games against Sevilla and Villarreal.We need to cut the sloppiness out otherwise it could end up costing us.

cswalk - We were but we chocked against Sevilla which has put us 2nd with Barcelona right behind in 3rd.

deltablue - I think the games against Real will be decisive which we will need to be at our best.

cerud - Thanks fella :D

Scarman - Thanks :D We play them on 3rd March at the Bernabeu then the 31st March at ours and I agree that it could decide the title.

SRL - Cheers fella :D

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - February 2021

Fixtures

FebruaryFixtures.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-2-2.png

Manager's Thoughts

The first three games of the month saw us choke quite badly,we crashed out of the Copa del Rey to Real in the semi-finals,we scored both of Sevilla's goal and we blew a lead three times against Villarreal which could possibly haunt us at the end of the season.Held a team meeting after the Villarreal game which helped enormously as we beat Wolfsburg 5-0 on aggregate and we will now face Deportivo (they beat Norwich!) in the next round.Sola has been the bright point of the month with his goal scoring return.The wins against Alaves and Zaragoza were vital so I am relieved to how got full points from them.

Next month is quite a tough month as we have Deportivo in Europa League,a double header against Real Madrid in the league as well as facing Valencia in the league as well.If we can get through Match without too much damage against Real and the others then we should be able to show we are title challengers but we are on course for the Champions League next season which is brilliant in itself.With March now here,this will also bring on the next batch of youth candidates through.The main areas I want are MC and AML and we should be set for the next 10 seasons.

Was always to be expected as I don't think we are at their level just yet but we are giving it a good go and that is all I can ask for.

In Europa League news,we beat Deportivo 5-4 on aggregate in the 2nd knockout Round.In the Quarter-Finals we will face the team who knocked us out in the same stage.....Lyon.Hopefully I can get revenge for last season!

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - March 2021

Fixtures

MarchFixtures.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-38.png

Manager's Thoughts

What a month for us,we knocked Deportivo out of Europa League 5-4 on agg and now we get a shot at Lyon in the same stage they knocked us out last season.In the league,we started off badly as we lost to Real Madrid but after that we looked unstoppable as we disposed of Sporting,Valencia an Espanyol with relative ease.The last game of the month came against Real Madrid,the return game and one that could possibly help decide the title.Aitor Iturri could not have picked a better time to end his 18 hour goal drought while Miguel Angel Rodriguez scored the vital 2nd to give us a priceless 2-0 victory in a frantic battle.

Our destiny is now firmly in our hands,we have the easier run in as we have already faced the top seven twice.We have a Europa League rematch with Lyon,if we want to finish on a high then we need to treat every game like a cup final and play to our best.Our efforts have been massively helped by Iker Sola who has scored 36 goals in 45 appearances which is already a new club record.We can do this,I know we can!

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - April 2021

Fixtures

AprilFixtures.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-39.png

Manager's Thoughts

The major talking point of the month was knocking out Lyon in Europa League quarter finals,I'd rather have knocked them out outright but winning on away goals is still a brilliant achievement.We've already played the first leg of the semi-final and we narrowly missed out on a draw but we could give a fright when play at home so all is not lost yet.The league saw us win four out of five matches including a historical first victory over Malaga.We slipped up against Deportivo but having one slip up is better then having two like Real Madrid who lost to At.Madrid and drew with Villarreal.

May is the final month,we have four league games left and if we win them all then we will be league champions,we also have the second leg of the Europa League semi final in which I am confident we can overturn if we play to our best.Sola and MAR have been keys to our success,Sola has scored 44 goals in 53 appearances while MAR has 43 assists in 54 appearances.

Thanks you kind sir! :D

To top off any performances,I bring this beauty from the Europa League Semi-Final 2nd leg

VitoriavChelseaInformation_Overview.png

In the final we will face Chelsea's fierce rivals Tottenham.Oh dear,I stopped a London derby final :lol:

Think I won the match/battle/war!

VitoriavTottenhamInformation_Overview.png

Think the ref was a bit out of his depth,16 yellow cards and 3 red cards.More impressive is the fact we scored with 9 men against a side who will be in the CL next season!

Thanks :D Don't worry we've already won it so that is a double for me.Unfortunately my achievements this season have been overshadowed by Arsenal who won the CL,Premier League,CWC and the Carling Cup!

Forget about Real's bum squeaking,they've become serial chokers this season.They choked in the league and lost to us,chocked in the Copa del Rey and lost to Malaga then chocked in the Champions League as they lost to Arsenal!That is choking in some style!

Not posted one since pre-season so here he is now

IkerSolaOverview_Attributes.png

49 goals,59 appearances and no less then 15 yellow cards.....Mario Balotelli eat your heart out!International football kicked on his development which was good to see.

spainlogo.jpg

Spain - World Cup 2022 Qualifying

Fixtures

SpainFixtures-1.jpg

World Cup Qualifying Group

WorldCupQualifyingGroup.jpg

Manager's Thoughts

Only three additional fixtures from December,we fought valiantly against England but we came up short against the World number 1.The game saw Iker Sola's first international goal for Spain with now At.Madrid striker Tomas getting the other.The qualifying games saw us absolutely destroy Sweden,I was honestly expecting a harder challenge,we were lethal up front as Tomas and Sola scored 5 between them.Belarus was a tricky game and they would not give up right till the end,a first goal for Ruiz and Tomas hitting his 28th was enough to secure victory.

Not too bothered with the defeat to England as we fought well and I was trying out a new tactic.I am thrilled with having a 100% record in qualifying,with the four fixtures remaining,we are at home to Macedonia and Russia while we are away to San Marino and Sweden so there is a very good chance we could finish with 10/10.

Walking things in qualifying.

He is and according to my assistant,he still has room to grow so exciting times ahead!

Definitely cant complain there. Will be great to see how he is when in his peak at 28yo.

Bloody hell BWG - how do you do it? I remember following your Welsh save on '11 and that was impressive, but taking a relegation-threatened third tier team to champions of Spain and Europa League winners in nine seasons without any signings? It's outlandish.

It's actually been 10 seasons as I played in the Tercera Division as well and even then we were relegation candidates.

Spain seems to be blessed with talent so far in the save alongside England so we've hit the jackpot with Youth Candidates (Although there wasn't any this season!).I have use two tactics,for games where we face the bigger sides such as Real and Barcelona I use a 4-3-3,if it is against teams I think I'm similar to or better than then I use a 4-2-4.

My 4-2-4 tactic is similar to the one I used for Bridgend Town in my Welsh save although I've not quite got the scoring part to the same level yet!

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - 2020/21 - End of Season

2020/21 Transfers

To show I'm following the rules of not signing anyone.The players who left didn't have a future and were never going to make the grade even as backups.

Competitions

Liga BBVA

League Table

You can clearly tell that I took advantage of Real Madrid chocking at the end of season not that any football lovers would care.To my surprise,we were the top scorers in the league with 94 goals and in my opinion we could have easily hit three figures.We conceded more goals then Real Madrid and Barcelona but that was to be expected as my tactics generally concentrate on attacking play as I always look to outscore the opposition.At one stage Real had an 8 point lead over us but things changed from the end of March as they started chocking and we too advantage as we played our absolute damn best to claim the title even if 8 points is quite a big gap.I am expecting much more serious competition next season.

Europa League

Winners

We disposed of Rad in the qualifiers as we won 7-1 on agg.We finished the group stages with a record of 5-0-1 to top the group which contained Borussia Dortmund.We were up against Wolfsburg who I thought would cause us problems but we brushed them aside as we won 5-0 on agg.Next up was Deportivo,thankfully our finishing saved us as we edged the game 5-4 on agg,I was very disappointed in our performance against our league rivals.Quarter final pitted us against Lyon and we were looking for revenge,it looked all over in the first leg as we were 3-1 down after 80 minutes but they switched off and we hit back to claim priceless away goals,these away goals came into play as we drew 2-2 in the second leg and 5-5 overall which meant we went through!The semi final saw us against English giants Chelsea,we narrowly lost the first leg 3-2 but they had no answer to our superior finishing in the second leg as won 3-0 which sent us through to the final with a 5-3 aggregate victory.The final was brutal and we found ourselves down to 9 men after 29 minutes!Even with that handicap,Sola knows how to ruin the script and scored the only goal on 45 minutes,heroic performance from the team in the 2nd half saw us claim a priceless victory in the Europa League!

Copa del Rey

Semi-Finals

Granda gave us a tough tie in the 4th round but we got through 4-2 on agg.The 5th round saw us against Sporting,I am thankful we were dominate in the first leg and won 3-0 as the 2nd leg,we were lucky to escape with a 3-3 draw which gave us a 6-3 victory.The quarter finals against Zaragoza were played under similar conditions,we were dominate in the 1st leg as we won 3-1 and the 2nd leg saw us escape with a 2-2 draw to give us a 5-3 victory and another semi-final against Real Madrid.Real deserved to win 1-0 in the first leg as we didn't show up but we blew our chances in the second as our finishing let us down and it finished 0-0 which sent us out in the semi-finals.Real Madrid would go on to choke against Malaga in the final.

Supercopa

Runners-Up

This was a case of Could of,should of but didn't.We were the better side over two legs and we missed out and failed to take advantage of a At.Madrid side who were gelling.Needless to say I was very disappointed.

Players,Stats and Awards

Best XI 20/21 - Overall Best XI.

A quick look at the Player Stats for the season.

Iker Sola

Had a rather disappointing season in which he only scored 49 goals in 59 appearances.Who am I kidding,that was an amazing season and I don't expect that record to be broken for many years unless he realises his potential and can probably give the highest scores such as Gerd Muller a challenge.The fact he is only 22 makes things even better and he already has 178 goals in 306 appearances and on top of that he has 3 in 5 for Spain.I have no idea about how many he will actually score in his career but it could possibly be in the 500-600 region.His amazing finishing saw him pick up European Golden Shoe and Maximo Goleador Espanol.

Miguel Angel Rodriguez

He had an amazing season in which he topped the assist chart with 48 which smashed the previous record of 31 set by Unai Gurrutzaga in 2015/16.He also helped the goalscoring by scoring 12 in his 59 appearances,he was also the highest rated player averaging at 7.61 over 59 games which helped him net Fans Player of the Year.He also won Jugador espanol del ano and Jugador del ano.

Daniel Reuter

He was our first outright foreign youth player and undoubtedly will be our best.He is really starting to show his quality and had a remarkable in the middle of the park as he helped the team with a contribution of 15 goals which is his highest return to date.His performances saw him pick up Jugador joven del ano.With 17 caps to his name,he only needs 98 more to set a new record so has a bit of time yet!.

Honourable Mention - Rodolfo Bodipo

He is literally a physical beast with very few players who can get the best of him as well as being the one of the most consistent performers as he rated at 7.47 which means it was his 6th season averaging above 7.His call up to the Spanish squad had nothing to do with bias but rather his performances merited him being called up and he didn't disappoint as he scored on his debut against San Marino!I am now worried as he has a buyout clause of £20 million and has three teams watching in PSG,Bayern and AC Milan and they will be able to afford him.

Overview

What a absolutely brilliant season,never in my wildest dreams did I think we could pull this off and we owe it all to Real Madrid who chocked very badly in the closing stages of the season.What this means to me is that we are guaranteed home games for the first and last game of the season next season!The Europa League was a miracle as well,we could have lost to Lyon and Chelsea as they failed to finish us off in the first legs while the Tottenham game was nothing short of a war.My only concern is that we were not the outright best team as we failed to beat Barcelona who messed up badly so we really do need to up our performances to a consistent basis.

Next season will begin the rise of Vitoria,our youth recruitment has finally been improved and we are now rated at 3* and at a national level in which we are not far off 3.5* and continental reputation.To top all this off we are having a stadium expansion which should take it to around 22,000 - 23,000 not quite sure what though.I will not stop to we are regarded as the worlds best and have won the World Cup with Spain as well as a stadium named after me.After that,well who knows what can happen but there will be a hint after next seasons pre-season report.

Season        Division            League       Cup       Continental      Avg.Att              Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12    Tercera Div.Grp 4       2nd         N/A           N/A            418              Promoted!  
2012/13    Segunda Division B3     9th         N/A           N/A            646              Survival!
2013/14    Segunda Division B2     9th         N/A           N/A            712          Copa RFEF Runner Up
2014/15    Segunda Division B3     3rd        1st Rnd        N/A            827          Won Promotion Play11111off!
2015/16     Liga Adelante          7th        3rd Rnd        N/A           1487        Self-Proclaimed Entertainers
2016/17     Liga Adelante          2nd        4th Rnd        N/A            900              Promoted!
2017/18      Liga BBVA            12th        5th Rnd        N/A            900              Survival!
2018/19      Liga BBVA             5th        5th Rnd        N/A          11771        Europa League Qualification! 
2019/20      Liga BBVA             6th        Winners      Quarters       11343            Won a trophy! 
2020/21      Liga BBVA             1st         Semis        WINNERS       11838             Won Double!

Even though we had a successful season,it doesn't stop there.My u19's were on top form this season as well and here is what they pulled off.

SpanishUnder19sGroup1History_PastWinners.png

Under19sCupHistory_PastWinners.png

That's right my u19's pulled off their very own double.Ander Diez (Youth Candidate Day 2020) was top scorer hitting 58 goals in the league and another 13 in the cup giving him a higher total of 71!

Would rather have shown the actual league table and cup but it won't allow to look at a previous season!

Archived