One Day We'll Basque In Glory!

B.W.G

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys :D

Don't worry buzz2k7,that is definitely on the agenda but we have the small matter of the Confederation Cup in 2025 as well as qualifying for the World Cup :D

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - End of Season 2023/24

2023/24 Transfers

To show that I am following the rules by not signing players from other clubs.Not much done really,those who left the club permanently were never going to make it.Loaned Azpiroz out again for the same fee to the same club,he is a good backup but with my players rarely getting injured,I felt loaning him would be for the best.Azpiroz has actually generated us £1.5 million in fees from loans so he has done quite well in my opinion!

Competitons

Liga BBVA

League Table

I failed at one of things I wanted to do and that was to go the season unbeaten,the team who ruined it was Barcelona as we lost 3-1 to them in December.We drew with Osasuna and Basque rivals Athletic.We set a new record for points and goals with the latter probably be never beaten by anyone.Sola showed his scoring abilities by scoring 86 league goals.As a team we scored 8 goals in one game twice,7 goals in a game once and 6 goals in a game unbelievable nine times!Not a single team really threatened us as At.Madrid didn't gel quickly enough,Real sold their best player to Man Utd and Barcelona were adapting to new ways under a new manager who hasn't got much time left as they appointed another manager who was over 60!The biggest shock was Betis getting two wins and two draws in their last 4 games,(one of the wins was against Real Madrid!) to avoid becoming the worst team ever to play in Liga BBVA by two points!

Champions League

Winners

Just total annihilation came from us competing in the Champions League,we finished top of the group with a 5-0-1 record,we lost to Inter 3-2 but that didn't matter.We scored 31 goals just in the group stages with the biggest win being 9-0 against Zurich.We had Twente in the Knockout round and they were no match for us as we beat them 8-1 on agg.We were given Real Madrid in the quarter final,how we came out with only a 3-1 agg victory is beyond me as we dominated them in both times.The semi-final saw us up against the only team to get something against us in the CL in Inter Milan,we destroyed them 4-0 in the first leg and that was without Sola playing!We lost 1-0 in the 2nd but it was more then enough to see us go through with relative ease.The final if we had lost it,I'd be demanding goal line technology,we had had balled cleared off the line no less the 4 times during the game,this was probably the easiest 2-1 victory I'll ever record.This victory confirmed three things,first being sola is unstoppable,2nd being we finally ended our Arsenal hoodoo and 3rd is that London clubs have now failed twice in a CL final at Luzhniki.

Club World Cup

Winners

This was easier then winning the Euro Super Cup against Sevilla,we beat Al-Ahly in the semi-final 9-0 in which Sola got 6.We then faced Velez who I would thought be more difficult but no,Sola destroyed them by himself as he hit 7 in the 8-1 win.Surprisingly this wasn't Velez's heaviest defeat in the CWC final as they lost 9-0 to Man Utd in 2019!Sola scored 13 in 2 games to show there is no team in the World who can stop him.

Copa del Rey

Winners

This was a lot easier then I actually expected it to be,we beat Ferrol 13-1 on agg in the 4th round.We were drawn against Real in the 5th round which I thought would be a very hard challenge but no we disposed of them 7-0 over two legs.Quarter finals saw us face At.Madrid and I made a decision of playing most of my 2nd XI and we disposed of them 3-1 on agg.We had a easier semi final against Zaragoza,I decided to play most of my 2nd XI but they did let me down a bit and especially in the 2nd leg but we still went through 4-1.As for the final,Barcelona didn't know what hit them.As you can see,we destroyed them from start to finish,my only problem was our finishing as well as Santos getting sent off for the third time in the season!

European Super Cup

Winners

The Europa League winners just couldn't cope and were lucky that it didn't hit double figures,I was disappointed we took the foot off the gas in the 2nd half but 6-1 was still a really good scoreline,Sola top scorer hitting three goals as well as the post.

Supercopa

Winners

They were more a threat then Deportivo were a season before but that doesn't even say a lot as our 2ns XI beat them 4-1 in the first leg before our main team finished them off in the 2nd leg to give us a 6-1 victory.

Players,Stats and Awards

Best XI 23/24 - Overall Best XI

A quick look at the Players Stats!

Iker Sola

Noone will be surprised by the revelation that Sola was top scorer as he hit 150 goals in 57 appearances.His performances saw him land absolutely every award possible barring the ones MAR and Aranburu won.There isn't a striker close to his ability who can play up front on his own like he can do.He broke the record for league goals with 86,20 in Cup Competitions and absolutely destroyed Continental Competitions as he netted 44 in 15 games.He even scored 30 in 15 international appearances which would have take his overall tally to 180 goals in 72 appearances!The scary thing is that he is only 25 so he can possibly play till around 33/34which will give many defenders and goalies nightmares for years to come!

Miguel Angel Rodriguez

To absolutely nobodies surprise,MAR topped the assist chart with 65!That isn't only a record for the Club and FM12 but also on any FM as my previous best was 62 on FM11!He assists,he scores and there is literally no more then I can ask him to do!He played 55 times,scored 22 and provided 65 assists while averaging at 8.24 for the season.His performances saw him land Jugador Espanol del ano in a Vitoria 1-2-3 ahead of Aranburu and Perez.He still has about two years to his peak but he should be able to keep going into his 30's as he doesn't really have any major challenge to his position.

Markel Aranburu

My assistant manager now rates him as the best MC in which I think he is showing bias as I believe Reuter is.Never the less,Aranburu is definitely in the top two MCS for the club,made 54 appearances this season,scoring 15 times and providing 28 assists which was a brilliant return.His performances saw him pick up Jugador joven del ano in what was a Vitoria 1-2-3 as Perez came 2nd while Roman came 3rd.

Special Mention - Sergio Perez

This youngster has gone and taken over the spot of Unai Gurrutxaga in the AML,he's normally been a back up but when Gurrutxaga got injured at the start of the season,Perez took the opportunity by both hands and it was next to impossible to find a reason to drop him.He has more caps at International level then I would like but we got such a shortage of wingers that I actually had no choice but to call him up.Played 49 times and scored 11 goals and provided 28 assists while averaging at 7.89 which was pretty brilliant for him.He is one of two youngsters (other being Angelo Roman) to have usurped the old guard.I would also like to take this opportunity to laugh at Athletic Bilbao scouts for failing to pick him up,Perez was born in Bilbao but cam through our system,not bad considering most of the team come from Vitoria!

Overview

Now how can I top this season,we won everything in style and I have very little left to achieve with Vitoria,we are the 4th biggest team in the World behind Arsenal,Bayern Munich and the number one team.....Real Madrid.If we can repeat the feats of this season then I see no reason why we can't move up the board into the top three or possibly even higher.My stadium cannot be expanded any more so it is a case of waiting for a new one which will probably be around 2035 if I've done my maths right.It was a brilliant season and we practically owe it to Sola who scored 150 goals,there will never be a more deadly lone striker.

It's took me a long time to do this report as I have actually been considering my future,I have a contract till 2027 which will see a lot of plyers at their peak but I have the English leagues loaded and I have seen something really scary,Liverpool languishing in League 2!It's the end of the 23/24 season,there is no way they should be down there.I was actually contemplating doing to them what I've done to Vitoria so far,only in Liverpool's case it would be restoring them to glory.I do feel that I have unfinished business as I want to get Sola to as near 1000 goals as possible and needs 442 goals to do so if you include international goals under my management.

Season        Division            League       Cup       Continental      Avg.Att              Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12    Tercera Div.Grp 4       2nd         N/A           N/A            418              Promoted!  
2012/13    Segunda Division B3     9th         N/A           N/A            646              Survival!
2013/14    Segunda Division B2     9th         N/A           N/A            712          Copa RFEF Runner Up
2014/15    Segunda Division B3     3rd        1st Rnd        N/A            827          Won Promotion Playoff!
2015/16     Liga Adelante          7th        3rd Rnd        N/A           1487        Self-Proclaimed Entertainers
2016/17     Liga Adelante          2nd        4th Rnd        N/A            900              Promoted!
2017/18      Liga BBVA            12th        5th Rnd        N/A            900              Survival!
2018/19      Liga BBVA             5th        5th Rnd        N/A          11771        Europa League Qualification! 
2019/20      Liga BBVA             6th        WINNERS      Quarters       11343            Won a trophy! 
2020/21      Liga BBVA             1st         Semis       WINNERS        11838             Won Double!
2021/22      Liga BBVA             1st        WINNERS       Semis         17450           Domestic Double!
2022/23      Liga BBVA             1st        WINNERS      WINNNRS        23066             Won Treble!
2023/24      Liga BBVA             1st        WINNERS      WINNERS        28854            Clean Sweep!

Iker Sola - The race to 1000

Season          Apps      Goals     Av.R
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14           9          5       7.07
2014/15          45         12       6.90
2015/16          43         35       7.48
2016/17          39         13       6.94
2017/18          36         20       7.15
2018/19          24         15       7.33
2019/20          51         29       7.27
2020/21          59         49       7.46
2021/22          58         78       8.11
2022/23          55         106      8.57
2023/24          57         150      9.00

International    47         73

TOTAL           523         558  

He needs 442 goals to reach the 1000 goal mark and he is 25 so it is going to be a close run thing unless he can reproduce his form in the last two seasons which should help.If he scores around 60 goals for the next 8 seasons then he will definitely get it but he still has two seasons roughly till he hits his peak.We will know better in a couple of seasons time whether he will actually hit the mark but I will keep playing him till he retires.At Spanish level,he needs one got to equal the Spainish goal scoring record and two to beat it,the holder is Fernando Torres with 74 goals!With the group I have for World Cup qualifying,there is no way he won't finish 2024 being the all time top scorer for Spain!

The guy is unstoppable and will probably reach the 600 career goal mark in less then half a season.I can't expect too much off him though as he is now one of the old heads of the team :lol:

JackJCFC - The guy is insane from top to bottom.He was bald at 15,he is a dangerous as Balotelli when it comes to doing stupid stuff,he is the most prolific goal scorer I've ever had and he just terrorises anyone he plays against!

SRL88 - Cheers fella :D Still want that unbeaten season though :lol:

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - Pre-Season 2024/25

Overview - Facilities - Boardroom Overview - Expectations - Finances

Pre-Season Fixtures

Untitled-27.jpg

Not much to say here,we won these fixtures with ease,to make things sound even better,the friendlies didn't even feature Sola who will be 100% fit ready for the seasons opener.

The Team

Team Report - Tactics

Key Players

Jose Zubillaga

Ignacio Romero

Daniel Reuter

Iker Sola

Just the one change to who I have dubbed as my key players,I've taken Rodriguez out and put Reuter in as most of our attacks actually start with Reuter,so he not only starts attacks but he can provide assists as well as score and will more then likely be the next entrant into the '100 Club' as he needs 5 goals to reach 100,also needs 21 assists to get to 100 as well.The rest of them are they best in the positions and will do what they always do and that is play to their best.

Overview

All there is to do is to carry on as we do,the main objective is to go unbeaten in the league to claim the tag 'invincibles' as we have never done that and that is the only thing to do.Our youth facilities are being upgraded as due to technological advances,it originally downgraded but the board agreed to upgrade them straight away.We've had under soil heating installed which is weird considering I've never had a game postponed at Vitoria Stadium.Maybe when a new stadium is built,I may get a roof!With only using youth players,it has helped build funds up which currently stands at £140 million and will probably increase as the seasons progresses so that will help in the future.

Still got three years left on my contract and that will see most of the players hitting their peak which will get me started on bringing the next lot through the system to keep things going.Perez and Roman are the youngest in the teams but we have very good defensive youngsters coming through,hopefully we will get some attacking youngsters through in the next couple of seasons and that will keep us going with ease till 2035!The last interesting thing to note,we've had Reuter capped by Luxembourg,Roman capped by Canada and now last season hot prospect Andreas Savvidis has been capped by Cyprus at the age of 16 years and 239 days!Let this season go off with a bang by beating Barcelona in the Supercopa!

deltablue - I think your right with that,even Barcelona could't cope with him in the Supercopa,we won 9-0 on agg with Sola getting 7 of them,the only thing stopping him getting more was Josep who is Barca's number one as well as the Spanish number 2!

cswalk08 - To be fair I did go easy on them,Philly scored from their only shot on target from the penalty spot in the 90th minute!If I had played Sola then it would have been double figres no doubt about it.

I figured. MLS doesn't seem to progress much relative to big Europeans clubs (not including the edit I use in my career thread), Philly especially. You should make them your feeder club! Send some of your young players to develop over the summer months instead of them doing noting. :thup:

In other games,I have actually seen Philly win the CWC but I'm guessing that was a freak save.The edit your using is quite brilliant,I played it with Manchester Mavericks.Will try and make Philly my feeder club eventually,might help with the marketing side of things to bring in more income.I guess I could loan some of the younger players out :D

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - August 2024

Fixtures

Untitled-28.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-71.png

Manager Thoughts

Well that turned out to be a lot easier then I originally expected.We beat Barcelona 9-0 on agg,we won 4-0 in the first leg after having Perez sent off after 3 minutes!The 2nd leg was too straight forward considering Barcelona fielded a strong team,if it wasn't for the keeper then we could have hit double figures.Valencia looked like a tough opener as they finished 5th last season,played a match and found they were really poor,Sola scored six while MAR and Reuter both scored from 35 yards out.We were really poor against Schalke and they took the lead but we somehow went in 2-1 up,we then completely dominated the 2nd half with Sola getting his trademark hat-trick.

September is here and there is not much too think of it as Malaga looks to be the most difficult game,we also face Espanyol,Sporting,Celta and Real Sociedad in the league so I'm not exactly too threatened by them.The Champions League has been drawn and we face Bayern Munich,Panathinaikos and Young Boys which should be a straight forward group really,we kick off away to Panathinaikos which is the only CL game in September.

Iker Sola has been on fire hitting 16 goals in 4 appearances at club level while no internationals have been played.He wants a new contract but I've refused so far as he has one till 2028,probably give him one the end of the season with a decent payrise.

Sola is a one man army,it's the rest of the team letting him down!

In other news I gave full debut's to Oscar and Yon Extebarria in a 5-0 win against Malaga.They both impressed me enormously,Oscar scored a 7.10 in goal and Yon played a 8!They are also both capped by Spain u21!The defence we have coming through can probably be better then the defence we currently with have and Roman will probably the old head in the next gen defence.

I don't think he is happy at beating Torres's record,he literally wants to destroy it.Sola scored 5 against Bulgaria to take his Spanish tally to 86 in 49 appearances :D

cerud - He is indeed.This is the tactic and player instructions I am using for him.

Untitled-31.jpg

Untitled-32.jpg

buzz2k7 - I hope so,the more he gets in the next couple of season,the easier to hit a bigger target.

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - September 2024

Fixtures

Untitled-30.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-72.png

Manager's Thoughts

Well,that month was easy.We played six games,scored 28 goals and conceded 0.Sola was the main scorer as usual as he scored 19 month (as well as 13 in World Cup Qualifiers which meant he scored 32 in September!).I was that confident I even played Oscar and Yon Extebarria in the games against Malaga and Real Sociedad,if these two play like they did in the games then it is only a matter of time before they barge their way into the first team.The toughest match was against Sporting in which Sola destroyed them.

October brings to really tough games,Real Madrid in the league and Bayern Munich in the Champions League in which I will definitely need to play full strength teams to beat them.We also have a CL game against Young Boys who stunned Bayern Munich in the opening game so we have to be careful.In the league we have Osasuna,Sevilla and Jaen,I reckon we could win all three but we can't get complacent.Sola is the in-form man and is basically dragging this team behind him,he is up to 35 goals in 10 games.If we include his international goals it stands at 48 goals in 12games!.

deltablue - Both of them have been pretty redundant during the games.

AdamFitz and cerud - I would say he is definitely one of the best players I've had on FM12.To top off it off,he only has one attribute at 20 which is agility which is pretty impressive in itself as well.

buzz2k7 - For 24/25,as of 2nd October he has 38 goals in 11 games.In 23/24 at that point he had 30 goals in 10 games so he is just doing better then last season.

SRL88 - Cheers fella :D

Archived