One Day We'll Basque In Glory!

B.W.G

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cerud - Now now....play nice,they're the sole reason why Canada are half decent on my save.British Columbia have produced a bit of talent but Vancouver has produced zero :D

I'm also a bit mad you got first post on page 10 as I was going to use that for a major announcement regarding my youth Candidates :mad:;)

alexcharliemann - Don't think it will ever happen so don't worry :D We were rubbish......once!

Scarman - Cheers fella!I know,Australia has been hit pretty hard for talent and are having to rely on a lot of real players and any regens coming through tend to be playing in New Zealand's league system!

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - Youth Candidate Day 2024

The Candidates

CDVitoriaYouthCandidatesSquad_Players-9.png

The Hot Prospects

1. Oscar Etxebarria - The Ass. Man's pick

2. Yon Etxebarria

3. Andreas Savvidis - The second pure foreigner to come through (Reuter is the first!)

Manager's Thoughts

With regards to defence,this has been a good candidate day as I only needed a decent keeper.Oscar is that good at a young age he is already regarded as the third choice keeper but I only have four anyway!Yon look like he will be good right back in the future but we are that short at the moment nationally,I will take anything!As for Savvidis,not had a good defender who can use both his feet so he will be very useful in the future,I also noted he is the 2nd pure breed foreigner to come through the system.I'm not entirely sure at how foreigners like that can come through,maybe the Youth Recruitment is starting to pay off.

An interesting thing to note is that there are three Extebarria's at the club including me.The start of my date of birth is 29/09,Oscar is 28/09 and Yon is the 27/09.That to me is quite freaky overall three people with the same surname and born at the end of September!

Also one of them is my son but I will let you guess which one it is.Anyone who guess's right can have a cookie.

Of course the Americans have crap management XD

Thanks for posting the screenshots!

Don't worry,they will be good one day,it has to be the U.S.A turn eventually.Mexico and Canada can't hog all the talent :lol:

Part of me has to route for the U.S.A,my great-great-great Gran was from Frankford but I'm not sure which one has the 1911 census only says Frankford,America!

I know,I edited it as I remember the twins I went to school with.The girl was born 20th October at 23.45,the lad was born literally seconds after 00.00 on 21st October.Was funny listening to her boss her brother round as she was older then him :lol:

Sorry Rancer but my ass man lives up to being an ass :lol: It is Yon but I am worried that he has a short temper.

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx349/will2909/Basque-ing%20in%20Glory/YonEtxebarriaOverview_Information.png[/img]"]YonEtxebarriaOverview_Information.png

JackJCFC - That's is the best w've had in the last few years.Just need more attackers coming through to make it even!

Scarman - Good guess,luck is on your side!The Cypriot should become quite good,I'd easily have him the Spain u19s so Cyprus have got quite a talent on their hands.

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - March 2024

Fixtures

Untitled-23.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-68.png

Manager's Thoughts

With regards to the Champions League,we beat Twente 4-0 in the 2nd leg to record a 8-1 on agg victory,that easily could have been double figures if we finished our chances properly,this has also set up a tasty Quarter Final tie with Real Madrid with the winner going on to face Inter Milan or Man City in which I hope it's the latter.

The league saw us beat Sevilla 3-0 in which should have been more but for finishing,We destroyed Espanyol 8-2,the funny thing about this was Sola was sent off after 33 minutes so I took off Santamaria and put on Diez who also got two in the match!Sola got a three game ban and we did miss him against Real but we put in a brave performance and stole the points.We didn't have any trouble against Deportivo and Almeria in which the major highlights were Angelo Roman scoring a cracker against Almeria as well as Diez's hat-trick against Deportivo.

April sees two games against Real in the CL as well as two games against Barcelona with one of those being the Copa del Rey final.The league sees us face Barcelona and At.Madrid as our toughest games but we also face Betis who still haven't secured a win and have only got 9 games to do so!Sola scored 8 in 4 for the month and was banned for the rest so that wasn't too bad,he is on 117 in 43 games for the season.He is fully rested so good luck to Real Madrid who we face first in April!

That basically sums Sola up,scores a lot and gets banned a lot.In 11 seasons (roughly including this season),he has 9 red cards and 123 yellow cards.He once got 23 yellow cards and 3 reds in one season.Sola is basically a more prolific Balotelli :D

Do you need to be at a club for ages or something, as I've never had one, but the other example I can recall is FMAnderson's popular thread about it a couple of years ago (and he got a stadium named after him) so I was just wondering if there was a connection.

Think it's extremely rare,read somewhere it was something like a 1 in 10,000 chance.I've not actually got a stadium named after me,still at the good old Vitoria Stadium.This is the first time I've had on in any CM/FM since I started playing them in 99!

Think it's extremely rare,read somewhere it was something like a 1 in 10,000 chance.I've not actually got a stadium named after me,still at the good old Vitoria Stadium.This is the first time I've had on in any CM/FM since I started playing them in 99!

I got one in FM09. Patrick. :cool:

You're son is talented which you should definitely be proud about. Some have mentioned that they have a son but they're crap. :D

You should be proud as well,not only did you have a son but he was capped by his country as well :D Thanks god for a bit of luck,all I need is a personal stadium which is a decent size and I should be set :lol:

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - April 2024

Fixtures

Untitled-24.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-69.png

Manager's Thoughts

Sola came back with a bang as he put Real Madrid to the sword in both legs as we went through 3-1 on agg but he did pick up a booking in the 2nd leg which ruled him out of the 1st leg of the Semi-final clash with Inter Milan.In the end we didn't need him as we put Inter to the Sword as we won 4-0 which put us in a fantastic position going into the 2nd leg.If we are to progress to the final then we will face Arsenal or Tottenham.

In the league,we basically finished things off.Beat Granada 7-1 after having Aranburu sent off after 9 minutes for two bookable offences!Destroyed the useless Betis 8-0 and they now have to finish with the lowest points total in Liga BBVA since the start of the save,we drew with Athletic which was a massive disappointment as we did enough to actually win the game but I guess it wasn't to be.Don't think I could have asked for a better way to clinch the title then by beating Barcelona 4-1,we absolutely dominated them start to finish and the winning margin could have been a lot bigger than three.Finished the month off by beating At.Madrid to carry on our domination over Madrid in general.

May bring's the Champions League semi-final second leg which we are in a brilliant position to reach our second CL final.We have a tricky tie against Barcelona in the Copa del Rey final,we may have beat them in the league but that means nothing in a final.The league I am not bothered about,we can win all our remaining games as Valencia is the most difficult of the ties we have left.Sola is now on 133 goals in 51 appearances and with the teams we have to face,I am expecting him to get to 140!

TheGreatTraveler - Cheers fella,we lost the battle but I won the war against Inter.We lost 1-0 but went through 4-1 on agg :D Sola isn't normal,he got 4 against Getafe and now has 137 goals for the season!

JackJCFC - Thanks :D We're into the final where we will face your nemesis......Arsenal.....they are currently 7th in the Premier League and make the final of the Champions League.

Right May is over and I am pleased to say that we completed a clean sweep.We out Barcelona'd Barcelona in the Copa del Rey final and I finally got one over Arsenal as we won the CL 2-1 :D

All that will be covered in the end of season update.I will be looking to get the build up for Euro 2024 and Euro 2024 update done next.

Right May is over and I am pleased to say that we completed a clean sweep.We out Barcelona'd Barcelona in the Copa del Rey final and I finally got one over Arsenal as we won the CL 2-1 :D

All that will be covered in the end of season update.I will be looking to get the build up for Euro 2024 and Euro 2024 update done next.

Congrats on the clean sweep. Good to see you got one over on Arsenal too :p

Thanks guys :D

Don't worry Sola is straight edge.He doesn't drink,doesn't smoke and doesn't do drugs.Being straight edge means he is better then us :lol:

Also he is chipped so if he does anything wrong then he gets shocked!

spainlogo.jpg

Spain - The wait till Euro 2024 is over!

The Chosen Ones

[b]Goalkeepers[/b] - Jose Zubillaga (Vitoria),David De Gea (Man Utd),Josep (Barcelona)

[b]Defenders[/b] - Inigo Santos (Vitoria),Ignacio Romero (Vitoria),Rodolfo Bodipo (Vitoria),Marcos Ruiz (Man City),Juan Jose Leal (Juventus),David (Porto),Angel Del Rio (Barcelona)

[b]Midfield[/b] - Francisco Gala (Barcelona),Markel Aranburu (Vitoria),Daniel Garai (Athletic),Miguel Angel Rodriguez (Vitoria),Ruben Hernandez (Real Madrid),Sergio Perez (Vitoria),
Aaron Alvarez Alvarez (Tottenham),Juan (Juventus),Unai Gurrutxaga (Vitoria)

[b]Forwards[/b] - Sergio Cardenas (Barcelona),Iker Sola (Vitoria),Ivan Vazquez (Valencia),Tomas (At.Madrid.)

Fixtures

Untitled-25.jpg

Manager's Thoughts

We've done what we can in the build up to the tournament and I am mighty relieved that we finally get some competitive fixtures as friendlies bore the hell out of me.We generally have a good squad with nine of the team coming from Vitoria,while the others are mainly youngsters who are impressing for the clubs.The fullback positions are a concern as of now but they will be sorted in the future with talent coming through the numerous youth systems.We should be able to get to the latter stages of Euro 2024.

If we are to succeed then it will be mainly relying on Sola as I do at club level,he only needs two goals to reach 60 for Spain but we tend to do better in competitive fixtures.We have a strong midfield with exception to the left wing as I had no choice but to use my own two wingers as no other club actually has Spanish left wingers so I had no choice but to select mine.Lets hope I don't crack under pressure as we are the hosts to the tournament.

SRL88 - That is brilliant :D

deltablue - They had no luck of the Irish,they finished 3rd in the group and qualified.In the 2nd round they only got drawn against us!We beat them 5-0 with Sola getting another hat-trick and we're now on to face France in the Quarter-Final.

I know,I'm not entirely sure how this whole format works from Euro 2016.I know the top two teams go through and then it's a number of 3rd place teams after that.Not even sure how the draw would work for that.

Cheers fella,we did beat France with a very difficult 2-1 victory.We face England in the semi-final with the winners facing Germany.My plan is to ruin any chance of the old rivals meeting up :D

spainlogo.jpg

Spain - Euro 2024

Group Stages

Group A                                             Group B                 
                 P  W  D  L  F  A  Pts                                  P  W  D  L  F  A  Pts
1st Italy         3  3  0  0  8  1   9                  1st Spain        3  3  0  0  13 1   9
2nd England       3  2  0  1  6  2   6                  2nd Netherlands  3  1  1  1  4  4   4
3rd Greece        3  1  0  2  4  7   3                  3rd Ireland      3  1  1  1  3  5   4
4th Bulgaria      3  0  0  3  3  10  0                  4th Hungary      3  0  0  3  1  11  0

Group C                                             Group D
                 P  W  D  L  F  A  PTS                                  P  W  D  L  F  A  Pts
1st Wales         3  1  2  0  3  2   5                  1st Ukraine      3  1  2  0  5  2   5
2nd Scotland      3  1  1  1  2  2   4                  2nd Czech Rep    3  1  2  0  4  3   5
3rd France        3  0  3  0  2  2   3                  3rd Romania      3  1  1  1  7  9   4
4th Switzerland   3  0  2  1  1  2   2                  4th Turkey       3  0  1  2  3  5   1

Group E                                             Group F
                 P  W  D  L  F  A  Pts                                  P  W  D  L  F  A  Pts
1st Croatia       3  3  0  0  5  1   9                  1st Poland       3  1  2  0  3  1   5
2nd Russia        3  2  0  1  5  1   6                  2nd Germany      3  1  2  0  1  0   5
3rd Serbia        3  1  0  2  2  3   3                  3rd Denmark      3  1  1  1  3  2   4
4th Motenegro     3  0  0  3  2  9   0                  4th Sweden       3  0  1  2  0  4   1

Knockout Stages

Untitled-26.jpg

Manager's Thoughts

We started off the tournament with a bang and it pretty much ended with a wimper.We eased through the group stage with a 100% record while knocking in 13 goals in the process.In the 2nd round we were drawn against Ireland which I didn't think was possible unless draw is random,we did better against them then we did in the group stage as we won 5-0 with Sola getting a hat-trick.

We had a tricky tie against France in the quarter final which was made harder by the ref,we went 2-0 up with ease then the controversial decisions started,we had a goal ruled out for a "foul",had Aranburu sent straight off for what should have been a bookable offence then he France scored from an offside position,thankfully we held on to mover to the semi-final.We were against England in the semi-finals and we gave a real Jekyll and Hyde performance,brilliant in the first half and terrible in the 2nd but a Sola double was more then enough to send us through.

We were a minute away from losing the final against Germany when Perez popped up and scored in the 3rd minute of injury time to take it to extra time.Extra time was more exciting than normal time but we couldn't finish our chances to win it so it went to penalties.We held our nerve and won 3-2 on penalties but the penalties were really poor,there were five penalties from fourteen converted!

Sola was the top scorer with 15 which set a new Euro Championship record,this also puts him on 73 goals in 47 caps which puts him 1 goal behind Torres's record of 74 goals for Spain so he is 99% likely to break it by the end of the year!

Archived