[FM12.2.2] • • • MiNiMaL_FuSS - FuSStidious V3 FINAL || FLAT 4-4-2 • • •

Match

=====

- Fixed issue where having assistant manager in control of reserve team team talks didn't work correctly.

- Reserve/youth team now fill the bench with more players when playing the first team.

- Made AI teams use touchline instructions to target teams playing without full backs

- Fixed AI teams sometimes over-rotating team in important cup matches, or the last game of the season

Only "Match" changes, which is the ME I believe. Looking forward to this :)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Match

=====

- Fixed issue where having assistant manager in control of reserve team team talks didn't work correctly.

- Reserve/youth team now fill the bench with more players when playing the first team.

- Made AI teams use touchline instructions to target teams playing without full backs

- Fixed AI teams sometimes over-rotating team in important cup matches, or the last game of the season

Only "Match" changes, which is the ME I believe. Looking forward to this :)

Well done SI :) I'll download the update shortly and see what's what. Always start a new game this time of year anyway :)

First match of a new season on the new patch.

NorwichvWestBromStats_MatchStats.png

Yes it's only West Brom but I'm using the default Norwich squad and we completely dominated them (their goal was a terrible own goal deflection from a cross :()

Yes it's only West Brom but I'm using the default Norwich squad and we completely dominated them (their goal was a terrible own goal deflection from a cross :()

Hate it when that happens.

Any news on the tactic mate?

Hi.

Can you (or someone) provide me with a link for the first version of this tactic please? It worked very well on my previous save and I want to try it again. Unfortunately, I've lost the file so if you or someone can upload it for me I would be very grateful. :)

FuSS

So i've went against everything you have said, and am using this tactic with Charlton ;) This is my first results against QPR in the Carling Cup:

charltonvqprinformation.jpg

Now, we all know that one result doesn't mean anything, but for my Charlton league 1 side, it was an amazing result, and we certainly dominated the match, which against a premier league team, is no easy feat!

Steve

http://www.mediafire.com/?r34pwr1bulnc6j4

Okay, so this is just an initial idea, for big teams only at this point, will be working on this and making it applicable to all teams over the next week.

Do you expect the final tactic to be the same formation and similar in ideas? If so, then I will add this to my tactics so the team can't start learning it already so they are ready for the final version.

Do you expect the final tactic to be the same formation and similar in ideas? If so, then I will add this to my tactics so the team can't start learning it already so they are ready for the final version.

I do. At the moment I'm dominating most games with the tactic, it's fantastic against AI 4-4-2 and 4-1-4-1 (which I find to be the most common tactics). But when it comes against a 4-2-3-1 for me, it stops working completely. So there's definitely work to be done there.

I'd say it's currently less consistent than Hough's most recent tactic (which I believe is currently the best on the forum), but when it works, it works much much better.

I've got to iron out some major kinks, a flat 442 is always going to be harder to get working than other formations, but I'll get there.

No matter what tactic I use, what team I use or what instructions I use I pretty much concede with the first shot on target against me far too often so am I just extremely unlucky or does everyone else have the same problem? it seems to me for my players to score they need to be fantastic players whereas for the opposition all they have to do is hit the target. Using v.04b with Toulouse here and only in pre-season but not expecting much to change, playing Hoffenheim and they scored with their very first shot on target and the other two I conceded game against my reserves who had two on target and scored two goals, that's three shots on target so far with three conceded.

I'll try V2 when it's released fully but yeah tactics don't seem to matter much when you go the big teams, you either dominate every game or have three shots on target against you and concede them all and I've tried tons of tactics.

your latest tactic has been working really well for me, i have a game with tottenham in 1st season where i am top of league with a few games left, only lost 2 games and they were both to swansea lol and another game where im qpr and put it in after 20ish games, and im now top of the league after 30 and i rarely conceed soo all in all really good cheers

your latest tactic has been working really well for me, i have a game with tottenham in 1st season where i am top of league with a few games left, only lost 2 games and they were both to swansea lol and another game where im qpr and put it in after 20ish games, and im now top of the league after 30 and i rarely conceed soo all in all really good cheers

sounds good.

It tends to be passing teams using a strange formation that cause problems - i usually find qpr unusually hard to beat, so swansea dosnt surprise me!

Pics would be much appreciated!

Playing Real Oviedo, Season 3, midway, switch to try v1. BBVA & Europa League. Reason. drawing too many games which could have easily lost half of them.

1st game. Away vs Barcelona(41221) 1-1 [sTR scores from corner routine] Attack loads by Barca but defended well, passed well and countered but their defenders were too fast and good to cut out attacks.

2nd game. Home vs Villa(4231) 3-2 Dominated them but AI gave villa 2 goals close to half time within minutes.

3rd game. Home vs Betis(4231) 3-0 [sTR scores 2 from corner routine] Dominated them, good flow, defended and attacked well but they also did their defending, if wasn't for the corners, would be tight game.

4th game. Away vs Real Sociedad(442) 1-1 Dominated by them, didn't defend too well, was lucky and their goal came in injury time 90+1min, fair for them coz they played well but unlucky for us.

5th game. Home vs HSV(4222) 2-1 Either side could have won, stats all too close to each other. We were more clinical.

Observations: Plays like a no hurry, nice build up, good pass and move typical classic 442. Defends well if under heavy pressure. Corner routine setup on STR.

too late now, will play more on it after work tomorrow and feedback.

6th game. Home vs Osasuna(4132) 5-1 [sTR scores 2 from corner routine] 1st goal came in initial attack in 36secs. The 2 MC scored. Only 13 shots, 8 on target, 4 ccc. Had my left footed left back who has 19 attribute for corner contributed to 4 assists.

Note: Left footers on taking right corners and right footers on taking left corners had already been in place since 1st season.

7th game. Away vs HSV (4222) 1-2 Either side could have won. Was down 1-0 during 40th min and HSV is gonna win on away goals, coz my 2 strikers have bad day, esp right one who got 5.5 so subbed both out, then my MR started running more, and became a poacher and got the 2 goals in 78min and 90+1 min. MR = MOM.

Seems lots of close games with close stats, if any of my players were to make mistakes or play badly, AI will probably punish us i think.

No more games, ciaos.

i finished 2nd in league with qpr and won fa cup then won community shield second season and was sitting second 3points behind uniter when real madrid came in for me so i took the real madrid job lol so far the beta has been the best tactic i have used on fm12 and i have used every single possible one lol

i finished 2nd in league with qpr and won fa cup then won community shield second season and was sitting second 3points behind uniter when real madrid came in for me so i took the real madrid job lol so far the beta has been the best tactic i have used on fm12 and i have used every single possible one lol

much appriciated :)

It's absolutely dominating for me. Currently testing with some smaller teams.

The only two things that are likely to change are possibly the d-line and whether or not I use offside trap.

There's also a small issue playing against lively AMC's (or very attacking central midfilders) - if one of my Centrebacks closes down a deep striker, sometimes the AMC is able to latch onto a last ditch pass and catch the CB out of position (as he pushed up when he closed down). Nearly all my conceeds (which isn't many) seem to come from this.

This could be combated in a few ways, I could drop a CM to DMC, so he makes the first tackle against a deep opposition striker, but I don't really want to do that. I could alter the DC's closing down, but he did his job and stopped the striker shooting. My favourite option is to try and make the fullbacks provide better cover, this probably has something to do with marking settings.

In short, I love the beta I upped and have got a lot of good pm feedback, I can clearly see the flaws in it and am working to resolve them.

It's absolutely dominating for me. Currently testing with some smaller teams.

The only two things that are likely to change are possibly the d-line and whether or not I use offside trap.

There's also a small issue playing against lively AMC's (or very attacking central midfilders) - if one of my Centrebacks closes down a deep striker, sometimes the AMC is able to latch onto a last ditch pass and catch the CB out of position (as he pushed up when he closed down). Nearly all my conceeds (which isn't many) seem to come from this.

This could be combated in a few ways, I could drop a CM to DMC, so he makes the first tackle against a deep opposition striker, but I don't really want to do that. I could alter the DC's closing down, but he did his job and stopped the striker shooting. My favourite option is to try and make the fullbacks provide better cover, this probably has something to do with marking settings.

In short, I love the beta I upped and have got a lot of good pm feedback, I can clearly see the flaws in it and am working to resolve them.

Ah okay, this all sounds very good. I was initially worried about testing the beta as I thought it would be far from finished. Judging by your response and the feedback from the user who used it with QPR, i now how no doubts in giving this ago.

However, one question I might ask is: For the meantime, until you release a final version, do you recommend playing with the beta as it is, or using the 10 notch def. line tweak? (btw i will probs test this with manchester united)

Honestly jimmy if u use it with united u wont be dissapointed, I am not real Madrid manager and have been destroying teams 3-4 nil, hardly ever conceed. It was really good defensively and in attack for qpr and it's unreal with a superior team! Give it ago as it is or with the 10notch def tweak either way it's unreal

Honestly jimmy if u use it with united u wont be dissapointed, I am not real Madrid manager and have been destroying teams 3-4 nil, hardly ever conceed. It was really good defensively and in attack for qpr and it's unreal with a superior team! Give it ago as it is or with the 10notch def tweak either way it's unreal

cheers mate :) Was just loading up a new save before i saw your msg. You have convinced me even more to give this a go.

Did you use the 10 notch tweak? or did you keep it original? if you have used both, which do you recommend ?

It seems the 442 is really a powerful formation in this patch. This results are from my Stoke save in 2015, with the tactic I'm currently using (also a 442):

stoke_table3.jpg

can you give link with your tactic please ?

I posted the screenshot just to show the kind of results I was getting with a 442. Please don't ask for links in this thread.

It's a tactic I'm still tweaking and testing, and if the results keep up, I may post it in another thread.

what's very interesting is that against solid build up teams (Liverpool/United) offside trap works best. Against fast winger team (Arsenal) turning the offside trap off works best!

Tough one!

Archived