[FM12.2.2] • • • MiNiMaL_FuSS - FuSStidious V3 FINAL || FLAT 4-4-2 • • •

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You motivated me to play lower league team....a real good tac works also for lower league team....

Hey everyone been away over Easter and not even played one season of FM; went to Blackpool then after that to visit family in Grimsby

Off topic but this is me on a ride in Blackpool I'm in white that is fear not sexual elation.

Now back to FM :lol:

Thanks Yea true would of been nice to do all the official FM leagues of England but i'm a Grimsby fan and it's always more fun managing your home town team :)

If i don't get a good response from the player than i will do individual passionate & top option.

The tweak posted in the OP by Fuss (Here) i tend to use it on 65 minutes onward if i feel the match isn't going into my favour but if you read through page's 5/6 you will see me and Cragswfc discussing when to use & what to do. But the whole close down tactic is on the OP now so it's a easier than toning down sliders. (which i still do)

Thanks it really does make a difference when closing out games not much with my weak championship defence in the premiership though :rolleyes:

Purely just untick Hold up ball & roam from position.

Good luck Fuss, Shabani Nonda was a lower league god from me really slow but technically amazing! If your ever stuck for players i'll upload my transfers going through the leagues, Good luck! (Should be breeze with your tactic haha, no pressure but i want to see you win every division first season bar the Premiership)

100% Better with the Holdup Ball & Roam from position unticked.

Absolute wonders for me! Fabian Himchinschi is the PL top scorer ATM with 29 goals in 24 league appearances. (My team is media predicted 20th too)

Don't mean to sound rude but i don't think it's the tactic it's worked for me for 5 seasons in a row only thing i changed was started using the striker tweak in season 3.

I never have believed and still don't that there is "AI Cracking tactic" the only thing there is; is re-ranking which happens after Christmas.

I have had success every season & credit to Fuss the 442 is absolutely amazing but this is still only one part of the success.

A few tips to try and get to the premiership

• Always try and build a squad with a potential ability a few leagues above (prefrebaly 2 i'd take a lower ranked player current ability if he had a higher potential ability than the other player in question)
  • Always capitalize on the your four season long loan players you should be looking at getting players who are scouted as "leading player for this division" minimum. This also means you can knock four players off your wage build every year
  • With getting promoted every year your looking at re-building your squad every year which means you have blending problems/language problems/tactic familiarity problems. After my second season (i kept most my same squad for two seasons) my first half of season form was poor when judged against my second half season form this was because all the players we're gel'd speaking english and used to the tactic. (If you lose two games in a row call a team meeting, credit goes to cragswfc for this one)
  • Get your teamtalk's right i know this is hardone but player morale is always a key a happy team plays so much better than a sad team. I've posted my team talks within the thread & FUSS has his posted in the main Tactics & Training discussion.
  • Be realistic with your goals I've been lucky enough to go up every year but mostly my media prediction has been bottom of the league (i did get promoted) but i was thinking i'd be happy with mid table but aslong as i stay up i'd be happy. I'm finally in my premiership year and it's a lot harder i'm predicted 20th in the EPL currently sat middle table with a defence that is the same as my championship one.
  • When my team (especially in my fourth & fifth season) i realised that my weak point was defence so i thought attack attack attack whenever i was drawing id go all out attack and risk losing one point for the sake of three. Alternatively if your weak point is attack i'd use the "see game out" tactic soon as i went 1-0 up.

All above is all my opinion & advice and could be wrong. There's no proof AI Cracking does or doesn't exists just peoples opinions on it i guess only the people who code the game really know.

Good job i find when raising through the leagues your constantly chopping & changing your squad and in the second half of the season it will click and you will romp home with some really strong form.

That's me pretty much caught up with everything i've missed sorry for the monster post.

Well looks like I'll get lots of testing done today - I've put my back out, so can't get out of bed at all :( but no going to work :)

I've got a few minor tweaks I look the look of, will probably release a tester version for people to try, nothing major just fine tuning.

Fuss do you want me to test it out for you with Staines?! I will pm u my email address...thanks

Well looks like I'll get lots of testing done today - I've put my back out, so can't get out of bed at all :( but no going to work :)

I've got a few minor tweaks I look the look of, will probably release a tester version for people to try, nothing major just fine tuning.

What testing Fuss? Still tweaking the 442?

There's a couple of minor tweaks coming to the 442, striker tweak will be a permanent edition and I'm quite likely a lower defensive line at the moment (9) as well as a little less time wasting and a slightly lower width, basically a couple of notches here and there.

I'm also working on the coterminousity reboot at the moment, which used Fusstidious V2 as a base, but switches it to a 4-1-2-2-1 which is proving very solid.

Tell us then who is the master of the 4-4-2 system

;)

Fuss do you want me to test it out for you with Staines?! I will pm u my email address...thanks

No thank you, I only really do my own testing as I need to see the matches unfolding to assess what to change. I swap ideas with Mr Hough quiet often though.

So I'm FC united, who begin life as a non-league team, and are now newly promoted to the Blue Square Bet North League.

FA 3rd round, we take on Wigan - 10th in the Pemier League. That's 5 Leagues above us!

(That's Blue Square North, Blue Square Prem, League 2, League 1, Championship, Prem!)

WiganvFCUnitedInformation_Overview.png

Hi all,

Been a busy busy week, should be getting bad to some FM though.

Many thanks to Wes for keeping things moving in here and fielding questions, much appreciate your efforts.

No probs; awesome tactic! So I like to get involved in your thread and try and help out (hope it's okay)

will try it with Man Utd

anyone hat any luck with that

and thx for the Tac FuSS :thup:

I think once it settles in you should be bordering unbeatable specifically second half of the season once every thing is settled.

You motivated me to play lower league team....a real good tac works also for lower league team....

I love a good lower league save, just find it so rewarding trying to turn your club into an absolute force just finished my first premiership (will upload screens later) so for the first time we've updated our youth & training facilities & we're moving into a new stadium only 17,000 capacity though :confused:

FuSS, you probably know but give a little trial to taking the forward runs off the wingers make the tactic really solid! I also started playing with the defensive tactic towards the end of my first premiership season against the stronger opposition (tottenham & above I.e) Managed to win 8 in a row out of my last 9 games but lost 7-0 to Man Utd last game of season lol.

Courier just delivery my new p280 and it's totalled. Not happy. Angry letters on their way!

What's a p280? A Laptop?

So I'm FC united, who begin life as a non-league team, and are now newly promoted to the Blue Square Bet North League.

FA 3rd round, we take on Wigan - 10th in the Pemier League. That's 5 Leagues above us!

(That's Blue Square North, Blue Square Prem, League 2, League 1, Championship, Prem!)

That is an OUTRAGEOUS result i take my hat off to you sir! Never hit anything like that in the lower echelons of Football your finances must be good!? I'm finally in profit for the first time in 5 seasons now im a premiership outfit lol.

WiganvFCUnitedInformation_Overview.png

Is that the tweaked 442? Or your 41221?

Just Finished My 5th Season Using This Amazing Tactic! First season in the premiership was expecting a real rough ride but was surprised to see the tactic perform with my very much Championship team with a few good signings.

Amazing league results considering the amount we spent on wages compared to the rest of the premiership!

leaguesalarypa.png

I knew with my championship defence i'd struggle so i never played for a draw if i was drawing towards the end of the game i was going all out attack.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Player stats these we're my best players as you can see no world beaters there.

playerstatsl.png

Sold Adam Le Fondre as he couldn't cut it in the premiership but here was his replacement an absolute god!

mainman.png

I talked a few posts back about the tactic settling in and always having a better second half of season and this season was a shining example of that; in my last 9 games i won 8 in a row although man utd knocked me off my perch with a 7-0 drumming.

How you managed to get european football with Grimsby in your first season in the premiership...I will never know ... :s

Just finished my friendlies now, so the season is about to begin in my newcastle save :)

Tactic, Morale, Team talks, Over-attacking football (i conceded 72 goals), bit of luck too i guess.

Good luck with Newcastle i fancy you to get champions league football

Tactic, Morale, Team talks, Over-attacking football (i conceded 72 goals), bit of luck too i guess.

Good luck with Newcastle i fancy you to get champions league football

Cheers mate!

Hmm something very strange is happening here...Im...still...quite...perplexed!

mancityvnewcastleinform.png

Final score 6-0 (5-3 in favour to me in terms of CCCS and all this was at the Etihad)

Cheers mate!

Hmm something very strange is happening here...Im...still...quite...perplexed!

Is this just using the original (with the striker tweak)? And did you change to defensive version after the 65th min or keep playing with the original?

Is this just using the original (with the striker tweak)? And did you change to defensive version after the 65th min or keep playing with the original?

Yeah original tactic + striker tweak, as Wes_Coulam instructed to me a few posts earlier. Nope, I'm not using the striker tweak- simply because I feel Newcastle and the original tactic is a good enough to see off games.

Next fixture:

newcastlevchelseainform.png

Yeah original tactic + striker tweak, as Wes_Coulam instructed to me a few posts earlier. Nope, I'm not using the striker tweak- simply because I feel Newcastle and the original tactic is a good enough to see off games.

Next fixture:

Brilliant results there! I can't get it too work, every game I'm getting dominated. Morales superb, I've been there for a few years winning things so the players know me, I'll be lucky to have 3 shots on goal (most the time from corners) and the opposition, regardless of their morale/rep, will be 15+, it's so frustrating going from being one of the top clubs to a laughing stock. I played a game against the team in bottom, at home, and in the first 30 minutes alone they had 12 shots, 1 from long range, 4 ccc's and I had 1 shot, from range so I ended up rage quitting. Really getting tired of this game now..

EDIT: SI please sort the officials out, how can they give 2 penalties in one game for two dives (said in the commentary) and then disallow one of my goals harshly and book my player for diving to deny a penalty?!

Brilliant results there! I can't get it too work, every game I'm getting dominated. Morales superb, I've been there for a few years winning things so the players know me, I'll be lucky to have 3 shots on goal (most the time from corners) and the opposition, regardless of their morale/rep, will be 15+, it's so frustrating going from being one of the top clubs to a laughing stock. I played a game against the team in bottom, at home, and in the first 30 minutes alone they had 12 shots, 1 from long range, 4 ccc's and I had 1 shot, from range so I ended up rage quitting. Really getting tired of this game now..

EDIT: SI please sort the officials out, how can they give 2 penalties in one game for two dives (said in the commentary) and then disallow one of my goals harshly and book my player for diving to deny a penalty?!

Well to be fair, its only early days for me as I'm only 7 games into the league. There is still ample time for this tactic to just "magically" stop working after 10 games/January like SI seem to think happens in real life. However, no tactic should be giving you those kind of results.

Make sure you follow this:

Match prep: Defensive positioning very high until fluid, then change to average (although i might change this to attacking movement cause im not converting cccs)

Put in the striker tweak to both strikers ( untick hold up ball and roam from position)

Team talks done by assistant

Assistant to do pre match talk

Do team meetings yourself (a) to stop bad runs if you lose 1 or 2 on the bounce (b) to keep up morale and deter complacency

Pitch size: I selected standard (Im a standard team so standard pitch size eg. man utd big team -> max pitch size)

Latest Result:

tottenhamvnewcastlestat.png

Would have scored more if Ba decided to use the 2 on 1 opportunity rather than going for goal himself. ( This to me is the difference between attacking movement and defensive positioning)

Would have scored more if Ba decided to use the 2 on 1 opportunity rather than going for goal himself. ( This to me is the difference between attacking movement and defensive positioning)

I don't think so, I always use attacking movement and this happens as well, even for players with high teamwork, creativity, decisions, etc, and even with the "looks for the pass rather than attempt to score" preferred move. But it seems that when given very high creative freedom players tend to pass more on these situations.

I don't think so, I always use attacking movement and this happens as well, even for players with high teamwork, creativity, decisions, etc, and even with the "looks for the pass rather than attempt to score" preferred move. But it seems that when given very high creative freedom players tend to pass more on these situations.

Nooo, not so much the passing to the free player, I mean actually converting chances (in any which way)

I believe Att. movement helps create more fluid moves and therefore attacking chances and convert more.

Defensive positioning helps create a more sturdy defensive structure and therefore help possession and concede less.

Team work to me does a bit of everything and builds into the wider framework of team gelling and understanding

Am playing with staines, however I have several problems:

1) Cannot attract any decent players once I got promoted

2) Only 500 ppl turn up to watch my home game. No money comes into the club. How many attendence do you have in EPL?! Will the stadium auto upgraded to 20k and 10k supporters just turn up from nowhere?!4

I have tested several other tactics which were released in the last 10 days however none work as good as this one. My Staines team looking for playoff spot despite expecting only 22nd. By the way I have 50 pounds transfer fee for me to spend!!!

Just Finished My 5th Season Using This Amazing Tactic! First season in the premiership was expecting a real rough ride but was surprised to see the tactic perform with my very much Championship team with a few good signings.

Amazing league results considering the amount we spent on wages compared to the rest of the premiership!

leaguesalarypa.png

I knew with my championship defence i'd struggle so i never played for a draw if i was drawing towards the end of the game i was going all out attack.

Player stats these we're my best players as you can see no world beaters there.

playerstatsl.png

Sold Adam Le Fondre as he couldn't cut it in the premiership but here was his replacement an absolute god!

mainman.png

I talked a few posts back about the tactic settling in and always having a better second half of season and this season was a shining example of that; in my last 9 games i won 8 in a row although man utd knocked me off my perch with a 7-0 drumming.

@Jimmyrh94 - Great job with Newcastle! Keep up the good work!

Am playing with staines, however I have several problems:

1) Cannot attract any decent players once I got promoted

2) Only 500 ppl turn up to watch my home game. No money comes into the club. How many attendence do you have in EPL?! Will the stadium auto upgraded to 20k and 10k supporters just turn up from nowhere?!4

I have tested several other tactics which were released in the last 10 days however none work as good as this one. My Staines team looking for playoff spot despite expecting only 22nd. By the way I have 50 pounds transfer fee for me to spend!!!

• Yea attracting players is always a bit of a nightmare! When i was in BSP, L2 i always looked for players who current ability wasn't great but was still "decent/good" for the division i was in but had good potential as a league or two above to see me through, i found it hard to get players in BSP,L2,L1 but in Championship some good ones started to be interested. Do you want me to upload my transfers from Blue square prem / League 2 see if you can sign any of the same?
  • With regards to finances i never had any money in the club till i got in the premiership i was always in the red anywhere from 500k-1Million in debt. With fans i always had an okay following with Grimsby but i believe the way FM works is as you win more your reputation as a club goes up and so should your fans.

Still doing really well with staines look at your media prediction you should be getting relegated but your challenging for playoffs! As i was always predicted relegation by the media i had my pitch size as minimal.

Edit: Just got the England job in my save :D / Made 19 new signings and sold on nearly as many players so im expecting another shaky start to my season.

Thanks, I have problems with 2 positions:

DL/R: According to OP, defensive stats, then physical then attack should be applied?! So in order I should look for: 1) tackling 2) Position 3) Marking 4) Pace 5) Acceleration 6) ....or what would you suggest?!

MC: I have someone with 1) Workrate 2) teamwork 3) passing 4) tackling 5) position....

@Jimmyrh94 - Great job with Newcastle! Keep up the good work!

• Yea attracting players is always a bit of a nightmare! When i was in BSP, L2 i always looked for players who current ability wasn't great but was still "decent/good" for the division i was in but had good potential as a league or two above to see me through, i found it hard to get players in BSP,L2,L1 but in Championship some good ones started to be interested. Do you want me to upload my transfers from Blue square prem / League 2 see if you can sign any of the same?
  • With regards to finances i never had any money in the club till i got in the premiership i was always in the red anywhere from 500k-1Million in debt. With fans i always had an okay following with Grimsby but i believe the way FM works is as you win more your reputation as a club goes up and so should your fans.

Still doing really well with staines look at your media prediction you should be getting relegated but your challenging for playoffs! As i was always predicted relegation by the media i had my pitch size as minimal.

Edit: Just got the England job in my save :D / Made 19 new signings and sold on nearly as many players so im expecting another shaky start to my season.

Thanks, I have problems with 2 positions:

DL/R: According to OP, defensive stats, then physical then attack should be applied?! So in order I should look for: 1) tackling 2) Position 3) Marking 4) Pace 5) Acceleration 6) ....or what would you suggest?!

MC: I have someone with 1) Workrate 2) teamwork 3) passing 4) tackling 5) position....

To be honest I never really followed the OP for player attributes i just followed the best my scout could find (beggars can't be choosers & all that) with CM's i just tried to get like a more defensive minded on what my scouts found. Same with FB's whatever my scout finds but hopefully some good tackling. Just starting my Europa league qualifier got 10 Debutants in the side.:eek:

Try & get seasons loans for your struggling positions normally players better than the division available to loan.

Attracting players is a nightmare. My rep after 4 seasons (and winning Euro Cup) is three gold stars, so it's higher by half a star from where I started.. I beat big teams left and right, but finding players who want to play for me is a nightmare.

You still got roam and hold up ball unticked

Certainly have my right striker always averages more goals then games played so can't complain! Do you?

Attracting players is a nightmare. My rep after 4 seasons (and winning Euro Cup) is three gold stars, so it's higher by half a star from where I started.. I beat big teams left and right, but finding players who want to play for me is a nightmare.

I always find that once your at this stage its best to get your scouts to hit south america amongst other places and sign players with 5 star potential! You can't take a horse to water and all that bring the water to the cow or something :p

I always find that once your at this stage its best to get your scouts to hit south america amongst other places and sign players with 5 star potential! You can't take a horse to water and all that bring the water to the cow or something :p

Yeah that's what I'm going to do soon, but I was kind of hoping for more fluid reputation boosts so I wouldn't have to resort to building a mutant Messi-like regen team. But if the game forces me to, I will.

@ Jimmyrh94

You'll leak a lot less goals if you do the team-talks yourself.

As a rule of thumb if I have less than 8 players on green banding after a team talk then I consider it a failure. Even as ass man with 20 motivation can't get team-talks right, the AI sin;t up to it, give it a go yourself, you'll pick it up quickly enough.

@ Jimmyrh94

You'll leak a lot less goals if you do the team-talks yourself.

As a rule of thumb if I have less than 8 players on green banding after a team talk then I consider it a failure. Even as ass man with 20 motivation can't get team-talks right, the AI sin;t up to it, give it a go yourself, you'll pick it up quickly enough.

Hmm, i've always left that to the assistant! It just seems a bit too complicated but I'll give it a try :/

Just had a quick read through your team talk guide- it seems simple enough, so I will use it. (Also noticed your little spat with cleon in there, quite a funny read if you don't mind me saying) :p

do you do positional team talks? and also you said that you do individual team talks when a player is unaffected or negatively effected, does this just mean when the body language section reads "nothing specific noted" ?

Amazing....although AIK is not a strong side, however certainly Grimsby is even weaker....let us know how many fan turn up for home game....5000?! :)

First Group Game In Europa League; Grimsby's First Ever European Adventure

58302383.png

whats the advised pitch size to use?

There isn't anything quoted in the OP, but i think it depends on your team. If your a lower team use minimum , mid table team standard & Class team top 5 use maximum pitch size. That's what i've been going with and it's working.

hey mate where is the team talk guide ? Ive just taken over a aging man utd side in the 4th season after winning everything with spurs for 3 seasons in a row and now Im gonna try this tactic but the guide would be helpful

cheers in advance

If your talking about FuSS's HERE they are.

Amazing....although AIK is not a strong side, however certainly Grimsby is even weaker....let us know how many fan turn up for home game....5000?! :)

9-0 is good against any team me thinks.

Will be easier for me to show you my Avg Attendances over the year (this is only taken from Home games)

avgatt.png

2016/17 - New Stadium so bigger capacity.

I'm really enjoying my time with FC united. Our finances are now brilliant, we got to the 5th round of the FA cup! Got knocked out by Southampton (whom then beat Arsenal in the next round - so no hard feelings). We're also into the final of the FA Trophy and I fully expect promotion to the BSP at the first time of asking.

It's also the best board I've ever had, I've asked 3 times this season for the percentage of transfer revenue to be increased, and they've increased it every time! it's 95% now (started at 45%), which is brilliant for a BSN club, they've also upgrading the training and youth facilities, and increased my coaching allowance. Love um!

Back to back promotion, not bad for a non-league club. BSP here we come :)

Archived