[WIP FM2012] Re-Creating Europe

Booooooom

A few of you here are aware of my FM2012 project that I'll go through here. The idea is to divide and merge various European countries and create a new feeling around Europe. Any suggestions are welcome as it's a work in progress and the script is not fully written yet, just a basic idea with some elements already complete.

So far I've successfully created a Catalan, an Andalusian and a Basque nation. Only issue is Athletic Bilbao not being able to sign Basque nationals but only those who have Basque as 2nd nationality which I have no clue how to fix or even if it's a possibility.

To complete Spain I'll create an Aragon nation as well as a Galicia-Asturies-Cantabria nation and the rest of Spain will be either renamed to Castilla or will be left as Spain (will contain Castilla, Valencia, Extremadura, La Rioja, Murcia Canary Islands and Balearic Islands)

Basque nation contains Pais Vasco, Navarra and Basque parts of southern France. Catalan nation contains Catalunya and Andorra. Andalusian nation contains Andalusia and the tiny Ceuta and Melilla (was thinking of adding Murcia there too)

What I'll do next:

I'm torn on either doing Great Britain or splitting England in north/south. I'm more tempted to do the second as of now since it'd be unfair to have a large British nation and most of the rest of Europe to be split. It's much easier to do Great Britain though so it's a more realistic scenario. In that case England, Scotland and Wales will be merged. Otherwise, there'll be 4 seperate states. Wales, Scotland, Northern England and Southern England. Splitting point would be Birmingham most probably.

Ireland and Northern Ireland will be merged to create Eire.

Greece and Cyprus will be merged to create Hellas

Serbia, Croatia, Slovenia, Bosnia & Herzegovina will be merged to reunite Yugoslavia.

Bulgaria and FYROM will be merged (almost done).

Romania and Moldova will be merged to create Wallachia.

Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Finland will be merged to create one Scandinavian nation.

Germany will be split in a few parts so that Austria doesn't feel lonely ( :D ). Most probably: Bavaria, Baden, Hesse, Saxony, Lower Saxony, Rhineland, Brandeburg(PRUSSIA!) and 1-2 more. Haven't gone very thoroughly on Germany as it's going to be one of the last countries to mess with. Austria will remain as it is.

Luxembourg will be absorbed by a neighbouring German state. Liechtenstein will be absorbed by Switzerland.

Holland will absorb the "Flemish" speaking parts of Belgium to create a state called "The Netherlands", which is the official term (Holland is just a region in the Netherlands)

Belgium will therefore absorb some parts of northern France to create the nation of Flanders (or should it be Wallonia???)

The rest of France will be split in 4-5 regions. Alsace-Lorraine(and Franchecompte), Western France (Bretagne, Normandie, Pays de la Loire), Central France(Paris region, Burgundy, Loire, Limousin) and Southern France(the rest)... Might also create a smaller country between center and the southern beach if there's enough teams/cities in those regions.

The Czech Republic and Slovakia will merge to form the once great, football crazy, Czechoslovakia

Russia, Belarus and the Ukraine will be merged to create a new version of the Soviet Union. Another idea here is to cut Russia into 2-3 pieces, not sure how though.

Italy will be split in two halves, north and south. Rome will be on the southern part. San Marino will be merged with the northern part. Malta will be merged with the southern part.

I'm 50-50 on creating a Kurdistan nation within Turkey just to have more countries.

Latvia

Lithuania

Estonia

Poland

Israel

Iceland

Faroe Islands

Georgia

Armenia

Azebaijan

Kazakhstan

Portugal

Hungary

Austria

Switzerland

Albania

Those 16 countries will remain as they are.

List of new (in most cases) countries:

Catalunya

Andalucia

Euskadi (Pays Basque)

Castilla(Spain)

Galicia

Aragon

Hellas (Greece)

Bulgaria

New Belgium (Flanders vs Wallonia, what's the correct term here?)

Netherlands

North Italy

South Italy

Soviet Union

Yugoslavia

Czechoslovakia

Eire(Ireland)

Wallachia

Western France

Southern France

Ile-de-France

Alsace-Lorraine

(+1 French?)

Turkey

(Kurdistan?)

Bavaria

Baden

Hesse

Badenburg (Prussia)

Rhineland

Saxony

Lower Saxony

(+1-2 German?)

Anyone who can provide with any assistance (already got some help by Unknown Hacker, cheers for that!) is more than welcome.

Suggestions and tips are more than welcome as I mentioned earlier.

Tomorrow I'll post screenshots of the Basque, Catalan and Andalusian national team. Might also have Galicia by then which I'm doing atm, which is the only reason I'm not posting screenshots as of this moment.

I've started this on Friday iirc, so having 3 leagues running smoothly by Monday morning is good enough I guess! I'm hoping to keep this up and have this done by early January.

P.S:

I will try and change the European club and national competitions if I can. I'd appreciate if anyone who knows if this would be possible tells me sooner rather than later!

I'll be also be making sure that competition reputations are kind of similar, I won't mess with club reputations though. What I'll be trying to do is make sure that countries like Hungary, Czechoslovakia, Switzerland, Austria and most of the German, French and Spanish states will generate enough quality regens/newgens to ensure that there's at least 20-25 strong teams in Europe to make qualifiers fascinating.

I do agree that Yugoslavia will have an amazing team.

Scandinavia will also have a solid national team with Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Dan Agger, Kjaer, Christian Eriksen, Bendtner, Riise, Gamst Pedersen, Skeljbred, Isakson, Olsson, Toivonen, Pasanen etc

Spanish states still have great teams. Basque for example have Xabi Alonso, Llorente, Arteta, Del Horno and Iraola among others. Catalans have Xavi, Puyol, Pique, Valdes, Raul Tamudo, Bojan, Thiago and many more great stars. Don't remember Andalusia that much.

I am considering that. But I'd figure a) Luxembourg was a German kingdom and b) it's easier to simply put the surrounding German teams into an existing Luxembourg nation, not that it makes a huge difference whether it's done this way, just 1 less thing to think about.

And also note that it's not going to be a Belgium-Netherlands merge, just Dutch speaking part of Belgium joining Holland, while the rest joins a French part to create a new state.

Btw, there will be no EU as most leagues will be using non-foreign rules rather than non-EU. Only nations using non-EU rules will be those that I won't change. Also changing the currencies back to the natural ones. So far every Spanish state uses Spanish Pesetas, the Germans will be using Deutsch Marks, the French would be using Francs etc. Would be a nice touch imo, since this year FM displays player's club home currency as well as domestic currency for incoming transfers (haven't sold a player yet to a non-Euro country in my Panathinaikos save so don't know if this happens vice-versa, I'm assuming it does)

the flemish part (flanders) may be absorbed by the netherlands.

the french part (wallonia) may be absorbed by france.(see you'r spliting up france also,call it northern france region or something like that).

actually we have also a german speaking part in dutch we call it the ooskantons),it could be absorbed by a part of germany.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fc/BelgieGemeenschappenkaart.png

the yellow part is flanders;the red part is wallonia;the bleu part are the oostkantons.

you see also a little seperated area in the flemish part,well that's brussels,i explained the situation already in the other thread.

or just the make it easier for you,you can absorb whole belgium into the netherlands to create the lowlands.

we are a small but very complicated country isn't it? :D

BETA Release?

I'll try to make it happen when I'm done with Galicia but Spain(Castilla), France and Bulgaria would definitely be unplayable.

Also, there was something wrong with the Basque league in which I tried to create a championship playoff as well as relegation playoff but only 2 games out of 3 were played and the game would advance with no champion or teams relegated other than the last one. Game was crashing in summer of 2013 because of that. I also had a League Cup for the Basque league which I might re-create coz it's just a 22 game season as it is now and feels quite empty. I thought it was the League cup's fault so I deleted it first but it wasn't it so I'll redo that as it made things more interesting. The big issue with the Basque league is Athletic Bilbao not able to sign players other than those I left as 2nd nationality Basque, which I'll try to address before uploading the BETA.

I made short seasons for most leagues since there's not that much quality in the lower teams, 12-16 team leagues so far. I'll try to make a Spanish cup for top divisions of all Spanish states and would look to do the same with Germany and France.

@dinamo_zagred: I was thinking of doing Austria-Hungary but that's -1 country and then I'm not sure what I'd do with the rest of the German states as I'm thinking of having a cup for all German teams which would include Austrians. I'll make sure that Hungary will become a force to be reckoned with in the future though, revive the legend of Puskas and Kocsis.

Btw, wouldn't you guys prefer the complete Spanish league before the launch of the BETA?

Galicia db is set. Now all that is needed is to arrange the league set up and have a test run and then I'm uploading it. National team will include David Villa, Santi Cazorla, Michel Salgado, Sergio Canales, Juan Mata and Zaragoza's (ex-Espanyol) Raul Garcia.

Andalucia (used FYROM)

Catalunya (used Andorra)

Euskadi (used Pays Basque)

Galicia (used San Marino)

Those are the playable Spanish leagues. I'm intrigued to separete the Valencian Community in addition with the Balearic Islands in order to have a seperate league since Murcia, despite relatively talented, it does not have that much club depth. As far as Athletic Bilbao is concerned, my apologies but I can't do much. I'll just make sure they generate many newgens so that they can remain competitive with Basque only players, even if they aren't allowed to sign Basque 1st nationality players.

Remember this is going to be just a BETA version. I will be editing more players' 2nd nationality that is set by default to Spain (eg Julio Baptista and Iriney, already changed, but there's more that need to be changed)

France, Spain, Bulgaria cannot be loaded with this BETA version.

REMOVED LINK AS I'VE UPLOADED A SLIGHTLY IMPROVED ONE

Here's the BETA version as explained above. You need all 4 db files to make it work. I was gonna post screenshots of the leagues and the national teams but can't seem to work. Please notify me if there's any issues, but I rushed a bit as the Galician league is slightly incomplete (no holders etc, not sure if it matters, just randomly selected them)

Also didn't change the transfer preferences so it might be a bit weird in Andalucia with all the former Yugoslav players they might wanna sign ;)

Issues noticed so far.

1) Catalan 3rd division teams do not get relegated even if they have the R next to them. I think I know how to tackle that.

2) Basque holders are displayed twice, will make sure it doesn't stay like that.

3) Galicia seems to run out of players for the NT. Not sure why. Perhaps it's because there's no NT manager to begin with.

4) Galician teams in Europe seem to fall far behind schedule in the league. Not sure how to tackle this as it's a small 10 team league (play x4 against each other)

5) Might need to recreate the Basque League Cup as their season seems very short.

6) Basque champion does not qualify to Europe but cup holder does... confuses the hell out of me. No idea why this is happening and what I can do to change it. I guess it's because there's 0 in all coefficients etc

Coefficients will rise eventually so that there's decent representation from each state in Europe but I'm mostly concerned about the Basque champion situation in Year 2

I'm doing something very similar to this so I can help you out if need be.

I've got the same issue with Athletic Bilbao and the 2 ways around (that I can see) is to either remove all the cities, players, clubs etc from Euskadi and move them to a defunct nation and make that nation Basque whilst keeping Euskadi as there second nationality.

Or the easier way would be to duplicate Athletic Bilbao, swap all the players and info into the new club and delete the old club.

However that will most likely remove the Basque Only policy that they have, which in my opinion is a nice unique thing to have

Wallonia should be the name for your new Belgium/North France in my opinion as its the name of the French speaking part of Belgium.

I've also got name suggestions for 2 of your countries: Occitania for South France (Occitan spoken as a second language there) and Padania for North Italy (Which is a possible name for an autonomous North Italy in real life)

I hope these suggestions help and good luck with the database :)

Thanks for the suggestions Lurk Lurkington.

I am aware of Padania and that indeed would have been the name for north Italy, but I'm not really sure if I'll use Occitania as I'll seperate France in a different way. It's an option of course in case I don't split Occitania in half.

As for Bilbao, I've decided for the time being to just let them be. There are Basque coaches all around Spanish nations and I've given the team top class youth recruitment and youth facilities so that they can be self-sufficient in a way.

As of now, I'm trying to remove the duplicates which include: Spanish language listed 3 times for Andalucia, Spanish-Basque-French listed twice for Euskadi, and champions of Andalucia listed twice. Hopefully I didn't duplicate (by accident) more than that :D

Has anyone tried the game btw?

EDIT: Fixed the languages, now off to remove the 2011 holders duplicate :)

Uploaded the newer and slightly more improved version. Haven't tested it but fixed some cosmetic issues such as two 2011 holders in Euskadi and the x3 Spanish situation in Andalucia

Only other issue at this point is x2 national preferences for some countries which I'll carefully fix when everything else is done on the database

edit:

Oops :D here's the new file http://www.fileserve.com/file/85HhMCV/Spain.rar

edit 2: also forgot to add Galicia to the list of not counting as foreign. Might be an issue if you actually wanna play a few seasons with the first beta

What you call "Macedonia" is a Bulgarian speaking state that used to be part of Yugoslavia. What I, correctly, call Macedonia, is part of Greece and has nothing to do with either Bulgaria or Yugoslavia.

United Nations consider FYROM's language to be Bulgarian, I know that they are pretty much the same race, hence I find it fitting to merge them.

The idea of copying Athletic is not really a bad one, I did it everytime when making a Basque league. I always imagine that if Basque country have its own league, Athletic - the country's biggest club - will drop that policy altogether, they will opt to maintain their dominance by every possible way since having an all-Basque team will no longer have the same importance or uniqueness as when they play in the Spanish league.

I don;'t have that much time unfortunately these days. If I had the same time as the week I started this, I'd have finish Great Britain and Yugoslavia by now as well as completed the Spanish puzzle. For Spain, I will also include a Valenciana country, most probably including Valencia and Balaeric Islands and since I have strict foreigner rules in Baskonia, I will duplicate Athletic Bilbao and they'll be able to stick with at least Spanish born players anyway (as new Spanish countries will count as non-foreign). I will try to make sure that Basque teams won't sign many non-Basque players as well.

Two requests now for you guys.

1) Anyone who tried the file have any comments? I'd like to know before continuing with any more editing.

2) I know this can and should wait until there's more leagues completed, but can anyone suggest competition reputations, nation reputations etc for each new competition and state?

I was thinking of having Castillan, Basque and Catalan leagues the most popular Spanish leagues/countries, then make British, Scandinavian, Yugoslav, Soviet and some German plus the two Italian leagues really popular as well. Then next tier would include Dutch, some French, rest of Spanish, Greek, rest of German, Portuguese, Hungarian, Czechoslovakian and Swiss (I count Austrian as part of German states btw so they are included). Then next tier would be Belgian, remaining French, German and Spanish (if any), Turkish, Polish, Bulgarian and Irish and last tier would be Lithuania, Estonia, Latvia, Iceland, Faroe, Armenia, Albania etc (not same reputations of course, would sort things out to make it look like real life here)

I really like your project.

May I do some suggestions?

• You could also make bigger regions, like Iberia (which will contain all nations of Spain, Portugal and Andorra) for Champions League like purposes. The champion of the Iberia CL will then qualify for the European Club Cup, where only the winners of the regional Champions Leagues will participate. (Same as the World Club Cup which has the winners of the continental Champions Leagues playing eachother.)
  • You could add overseas territories to the European nations. The Netherlands, for example, could not only contain Holland and Flanders, but also Aruba, Curaçao, Bonaire, Sint Maarten, etc.
  • Austria and Hungary could be combined to the Austro-Hungarian Empire (a Monarchy which existed for 51 years and had big parts of the central European nations in it)
  • The State of Tirol (Parts of Austria and Italy)
  • Russia could be combined with other states to form the Sovjet Union, or be divided into federal districts (there are 8) like European Russia, Kaukasus nations, Siberia and Far Easter Russia for example
  • France has 27 regions (22 in France, 5 overseas). You could use them to create your new France

Wikipedia is your friend :)

BTW, all suggestions are for fun and fantasy purposes only.

I really like your project.

May I do some suggestions?

• You could also make bigger regions, like Iberia (which will contain all nations of Spain, Portugal and Andorra) for Champions League like purposes. The champion of the Iberia CL will then qualify for the European Club Cup, where only the winners of the regional Champions Leagues will participate. (Same as the World Club Cup which has the winners of the continental Champions Leagues playing eachother.)
  • You could add overseas territories to the European nations. The Netherlands, for example, could not only contain Holland and Flanders, but also Aruba, Curaçao, Bonaire, Sint Maarten, etc.
  • Austria and Hungary could be combined to the Austro-Hungarian Empire (a Monarchy which existed for 51 years and had big parts of the central European nations in it)
  • The State of Tirol (Parts of Austria and Italy)
  • Russia could be combined with other states to form the Sovjet Union, or be divided into federal districts (there are 8) like European Russia, Kaukasus nations, Siberia and Far Easter Russia for example
  • France has 27 regions (22 in France, 5 overseas). You could use them to create your new France

Wikipedia is your friend :)

BTW, all suggestions are for fun and fantasy purposes only.

Thank you for your input.

I think I can build on something similar to the 1st suggestion you made. Perhaps create various regional competitions, like Iberian Cup, German Cup, UK & Ireland cup etc, and the winners of all these competitions would play in a small tourney at the begining of the new season or something. This is something to be considered at the end. Not sure if this is exactly the same thing as you've suggested, it seemed to be that you were talking about an Iberian league instead of splitting Spain up for example. Don't wanna change Spain as I'm almost done splitting them up and they're basically the first country I'm editing

As for the Netherlands, it'll be tough to have Ajax travel to Aruba then play at home and then travel to Surinam for example... It can happen on FM, but it's gonna be as unrealistic as possible. If you could elaborate a bit on how this could be achieved I'd be more than welcome.

State of Tirol is something I have not considered. Didn't cross my mind. I'll see the territory and might consider applying it as soon as I find how many Italian clubs can be involved. I'm assuming it's going to be quite bad teams but that doesn't matter a lot, we need bad leagues too :D

I won't be merging Austria and Hungary. Hungary has a nice football culture and I want to give them a chance to reinstate them as top power. And I'll be using Austria hopefully for German cups.

France, I'm not really sure yet on how to split them up since a small part went to Basque, some part will go to Belgium and not sure if I'll give Alsace-Lorraine to a German state yet.

I'm also unsure on Russia/Soviet Union as well. Would be great to have Soviet Union but Ukraine co-hosting the Euro makes it harder for me to do the unification. If Ukraine gets renamed and changed wholely into a German or French state for example, will the tournament be played in Kiev and Donetsk etc like supposed to, or will the games be moved to the new state?

Once again, thanks for the input. Some nice ideas there.

@ kingpug, Great Britain is the way to go. Yugoslavia, Great Britain, Scandinavia and Czechoslovakia are the definite (large) unions so far.

• I meant exactly what you said at first. So Catalunya League, Basque League, and Iberia Cup. Wales League, England League, Eire League, and UK Cup. Then the league winners advance to the cup and the cup winners advance to the world tourney.
  • You are right. Not quite realistic, but the whole project is fantasy too ofcourse. :) Only thing you could do is change the location of those overseas territories to become closer their new countries. But that would make it even more unrealist. Perhaps just forget this idea...
  • Tirol would be a nice region I think. Could participate in the German Cup.
  • Austria and Hungary could function perfectly as one nation and just as good as two nations. So that is up to you.
  • If you give those regions to the other countries, you could do something similar with the normandy and bretagne to England. I am still thinking about an idea for the rest of France.
  • One giant Russia / Sovjet Union could function, but I have no clue about what the game will do with the European Championship. Perhaps you better divide Russia into regions and then create a Sovjet Cup.

You are welcome :thup::)

[*]A huge

would it be possible to merge the islands of teh different countries to make up european ones like french overseas territories and dutch overseas territories? that would get around the problem you metioned and it would give you a few extra nations. only problem i can think of with this is it weakens the other areas of the world.

So . . . you're gonna split Spain, France, Germany, England, and Italy into a bunch of small nations, and recreate Yugoslavia. do you even know why yugoslavia split? you're going to unite a bunch of countries that have immense cultural differences and split countries that have miniscule cultural differences? also, why greece with cyprus? cyprus is closer to turkey; you're prolly thinking of crete in which case crete is already part of greece.

Personally, I would do the following:

Germania - Holland + Germany + Austria

Iberia - Spain + Portugal + Andorra

Great Britain - North Ireland + Ireland + Scotland + Wales + England + Faroe Islands

Yugoslavia - Bosnia and Herzegovina + Croatia + Macedonia + Montenegro + Slovenia + Serbia

Czechoslovakia - Czech Republic + Slovakia

Scandinavia - Finland + Sweden + Norway + Denmark + Part of Russia

France - France + Belgium + Luxembourg

Austria - Austria + Hungary

Switzerland - Switzerland + Liechtenstein

Ukraine - Ukraine + Moldova

Baltic States - Lithuania + Latvia + Estonia + Russian Exclave

Italy - Italy + Corsica + San Marino

Greece - Greece + Part of Turkey

Turkey - Turkey + Cyprus

European Map

Europe with only nineteen countries instead of fifty. It crosses many cultural, ethnic, linguistic, and religious boundaries but it is consistent. in it's boundaries, unlike in the OP.

Gusano....they speak Greek in Cyprus so why put it with Turkey? what about the rest of Europe....Moldova has more in common with Romania than any other country. Many people argue here in Bucharest that Moldovian is just a dialect of Romanian!!

Would you not include the Netherlands, Romania, Bulgaria, Poland? to name a few.....

I think it is a great idea to re-create Europe...its hard to please everyone but if people are that concerned about stuff then they can make their own edit...good work from Booooooom on his highly ambitious project....If you need any advice on my part of the world just give me a shout....

Nice project mate I'm doing something similar (but no dividing just merging):

Yugoslavia = former yugo states + Albania and Bulgaria

Scandinavia = all Scandinavian count.

Central Western European fed = Ger + Bel + Hol + Swis + Lux + Lin + Aust

Central Eastern European fed = Pol + Rom + Hun + Mold + Czech + Slovak

UK & Ireland = GB + all of Ireland

Iberia = Spa + Por + Ando

Italy & France = name speaks for it self

Mediterranean Federation = Tur + Gre + Isra + Cyprus

USSR = Former Soviet states together again

Gusano....they speak Greek in Cyprus so why put it with Turkey? what about the rest of Europe....Moldova has more in common with Romania than any other country. Many people argue here in Bucharest that Moldovian is just a dialect of Romanian!!

Would you not include the Netherlands, Romania, Bulgaria, Poland? to name a few.....

If you saw the map and/or read the rest of my post, you would notice that I payed no consideration to what language, ethnic, cultural, or religious background they have other than their geographic placement.

I'm just saying, if he's gonna divide Spain, why reunite Yugoslavia when there's such large cultural differences?

I'm not a fan of merging big leagues into one, doing so with Spain and Portgual or Holland and Germany doesn't work in my opinion, I'd rather see the smaller or lesser leagues split into one, like what he mentioned in his first post, it doesn't matter whether it's true Europe or whatever else but there's alot of leagues that ain't exactly good quality so it would be much better to merge them and keep the big leagues separate.

I'm not a fan of merging big leagues into one, doing so with Spain and Portgual or Holland and Germany doesn't work in my opinion, I'd rather see the smaller or lesser leagues split into one, like what he mentioned in his first post, it doesn't matter whether it's true Europe or whatever else but there's alot of leagues that ain't exactly good quality so it would be much better to merge them and keep the big leagues separate.

At some point your right but it would be unfair to the rest of the world to bring back yugo because they become a dominant force once they get united again

Personally, I would do the following:

Germania - Holland + Germany + Austria

Iberia - Spain + Portugal + Andorra

Great Britain - North Ireland + Ireland + Scotland + Wales + England + Faroe Islands

Yugoslavia - Bosnia and Herzegovina + Croatia + Macedonia + Montenegro + Slovenia + Serbia

Czechoslovakia - Czech Republic + Slovakia

Scandinavia - Finland + Sweden + Norway + Denmark + Part of Russia

France - France + Belgium + Luxembourg

Austria - Austria + Hungary

Switzerland - Switzerland + Liechtenstein

Ukraine - Ukraine + Moldova

Baltic States - Lithuania + Latvia + Estonia + Russian Exclave

Italy - Italy + Corsica + San Marino

Greece - Greece + Part of Turkey

Turkey - Turkey + Cyprus

first of all, Turkey + Cyprus is a disgrace, even just as a suggestion, coming from someone who wants to play the politically correct & knowledgable card ;) I know you mean no harm by saying that and that it's just a proposal, but telling that to someone whose family has lost its home 6 times in 8 different places because of Turkish aggression, well sorry to come back at you like that but I hope you understand what you just said to me indirectly :) ... I do like your ambition in Greece + Part of Turkey as it's something that is historically correct and I wanted to use that, but I don't want Turkish teams and Turkish names in the new Hellenic league. I was going ot move AEK, PAOK, Panionios, Apollon Smirnis, Niki Volou etc back to their homelands, which now is Turkish.. But it's hard to implement.

Rant mode off :D

The problem with so few countries, is the Euro and the World cup qualifiers etc. I'm not sure how I can change all that without ruining the game. Would prefer to keep a large number of states out there.

Yury, thanks for the offer. I will consider it of course but I saw that you did not change the nationalities of the players to Soviet. Are clubs and cities located in Soviet Union then? It doesn't do me much if the former states are still out there.

As for why split many countries and merge others and making it unfair, wel consider that the new countries will be at the level of Portugal, Czech Republic and Sweden in most cases(talking long term), while they are replacing Bosnia, Malta, Finland, Northern Ireland and Wales type of teams. Plus, I'll be editing Austria, Hungary, Poland and a few other countries so that they will become good teams in the future.

I might consider the overseas territories of France and Holland being a seperate nation and if possible I will be merging the Baltic league which is something I wanted to do to begin with but wasn't sure if I'd be allowed.

SRKI, will you be merging just the competitions or will you also be creating new national teams?

P.S: I'm going to get fully done with Spain by the end of the weekend for sure and going to upload the full new Spain version. It will still be a BETA version as transfer preferences, rivals etc won't be sorted (they multiply everytime I move on so I'll just do them at the end)

Perhaps a mistake here on my part, as Balearic Islands could have been joined with Catalunya as they speak Catalan there too. Would have had an even nicer league with Mallorca around but Valencian national team would have been slightly weaker and still Mallorca's presence wouldn't have stopped Barca's dominance.

Valencia will be merged with the region of Murcia and the Balearic Islands to form Valenciana. Teams will include Valencia, Villarreal, Mallorca, Murcia, Hercules and Levante.

That would leave Castilla with teams like Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, Getafe, Extremadura, Rayo Vallecano, Las Palmas, Valladolid, Numancia and Salamanca.

No idea on how these two national teams will shape for the time being. Castilla will definitely have Casillas, Fernando Torres, David Silva, Negredo and quite a few others.

the flemish part (flanders) may be absorbed by the netherlands.

the french part (wallonia) may be absorbed by france.(see you'r spliting up france also,call it northern france region or something like that).

actually we have also a german speaking part in dutch we call it the ooskantons),it could be absorbed by a part of germany.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fc/BelgieGemeenschappenkaart.png

the yellow part is flanders;the red part is wallonia;the bleu part are the oostkantons.

you see also a little seperated area in the flemish part,well that's brussels,i explained the situation already in the other thread.

or just the make it easier for you,you can absorb whole belgium into the netherlands to create the lowlands.

we are a small but very complicated country isn't it? :D

I will most probably be merging Oostkantons with Luxembourg and some western parts of Germany :)

Could you give me a list of cities that lie in that region?

I have Eupen, Moresnet, Malmedy, Butgenbach, Waimes so far but I'm not 100% sure if it's accurate.

I'm leaning towards having Corsica join the Italians. Not sure if it's the north or south as it lies on the "border" and it's mostly north, but it's also just over Sardinia which is south.

I might even create a completely new state using Sardinia and Corsica alone.

CORSICA E SARDINIE used to be a Roman province. Could be something like a European Trinidad & Tobago or something (two names and all that :D ) and language will be Franco-Italian. Basically both. Good teams there would be Cagliari, Ajaccio and Bastia. Could have a semi decent league with just 1 active division and a semi decent national team. Legends would include Gianfranco Zola and Marco Materazzi while the national team would be composed of players like Andrea Cossu, Andrea Pisanu, Salvatore Sirigu and Francesco Pisano. Not exactly world beaters, but better than the San Marinos and Maltas of the world. Plus Alex Song would be eligible here if it wasn't for Cameroon NT.

Spain might be completed earlier than promised :)

And since Bulgaria and Greece have played a part in Spain's completion, I might have them semi-playable as well but I doubt it as I want to look into them with more detail.

Great Britain will be up next, so expect that to be done by Friday next week or even earlier. (followed by Jugoslavia)

edit: don't wanna ruin EU totally so I'll keep a few countries in it probably. Might change my mind and rip it out, but I'm thinking of Britain, Ireland, Netherlands, all German and French states, all unchanged countries that are part of EU and Scandinavia to be the countries in the EU. Probably won't have the EU though at all and make sure that each league has its own identity as much as possible (min, 2-3 foreigners in starting 11, max 8-10 foreigners in a match squad)

first of all, Turkey + Cyprus is a disgrace, even just as a suggestion, coming from someone who wants to play the politically correct & knowledgable card ;) I know you mean no harm by saying that and that it's just a proposal, but telling that to someone whose family has lost its home 6 times in 8 different places because of Turkish aggression, well sorry to come back at you like that but I hope you understand what you just said to me indirectly :) ... I do like your ambition in Greece + Part of Turkey as it's something that is historically correct and I wanted to use that, but I don't want Turkish teams and Turkish names in the new Hellenic league. I was going ot move AEK, PAOK, Panionios, Apollon Smirnis, Niki Volou etc back to their homelands, which now is Turkish.. But it's hard to implement.

I recognize that just like I recognize the bloody wars that have plagued the region Yugoslavia resided on.

Corsica + Sardinia is giving me more options in order to create a nice Meditteranean competition (like Med Games)

Hellas (Greece + Cyprus)

Israel

Lebanon

Syria

Egypt

Libya

Morocco

Tunisia

Algeria

Andalusia

Catalunya

North Italy (Padania?)

South Italy (includes Malta)

Valenciana (Valencia-Murcia-Baleares)

Corsica e Sardinie

Turkey

Jugoslavia

Albania

Lower part of France (Marseille-Nice etc)

+ 1 not sure if it's going to be French or just a filler like Castilla or Bulgaria(includes FYROM)

that makes it 20 teams, could have a tournament with 4 groups of 5, versing once, top 2 qualify etc. U23 tournament or something.

Archived