From Young Men to World Beaters

dafuge

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bourneview Young Men - Carling Premiership - 2028/29

Things had been going superbly as we continued to make progress in Europe and dominated domestically.

League Table

This was the only improvement possible on last season, we absolutely smashed the league. More interestingly though, Linfield seemed reinvigorated under new manager Jonny Evans, making the Europa League group stage and managing three draws from the six games.

Mid-Ulster Cup - even with fielding my weakest team I won this with ease.

Irish League Cup - it was the same story with this one. Sorry Nep.

Irish Cup - this was a huge win as Linfield made a great attempt to steal our crown.

Setanta Cup - this win over our rivals was a bit more convincing.

UEFA Champions League

Qualifier - I'm not quite sure why we entered at this stage, but this first leg win settled the tie. We won the second leg 4-2.

Group Stage - it was just Juventus that took points off us as we topped the group.

1st knockout round - we recovered from a 2-1 away defeat, but it was damn close.

Quarter final - after a 2-0 home win, we sealed the win in this fiery match.

Semi final - after a 1-0 away loss the game was in the balance, but a dramatic winner sealed the win seconds before it went to penalties.

Final - things looked bleak after the early goal, but the sending off gave us hope. Minutes before defeat, our star striker popped up to send it to extra time where he grabbed the winner before missing a penalty that turned out to be irrelevant.

Squad - I've managed to keep a great squad together for a while, but the contract situation means I will have to sell a number of key players.

Transfers - there wasn't much action, but the big news was that I managed to get work permits for a couple of signings.

Key Player Profiles:

Dejan Vukojevic - he wants to leave, but he's still a legend.

Alexandru Vlad - a superb stand in for Vuko, but his contract is up soon.

Levent Fil - another superb season, but another player who may leave soon.

Emanuel Granata - had a great year filling in the AMC role.

Habib Nwankpa - the second player who managed to win a work permit, and well worth it.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13   Championship Two         1st         Championship Two, Mid-Ulster and Intermediate Cup winners
2013/14   Championship One         1st         Championship One, Mid-Ulster and Irish Cup winners
2014/15   Carling Premiership      2nd         Irish Cup winners
2015/16   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster and Setanta Cup winners
2016/17   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2017/18   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League and Setanta Cup winners
2018/19   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, League and Setanta Cup winners
2019/20   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, Mid-Ulster and Setanta Cup winners
2020/21   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, Mid-Ulster and League Cup winners
2021/22   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2022/23   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2023/24   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2024/25   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish and Setanta Cup winners, Europa League finalists
2025/26   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2026/27   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2027/28   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2028/29   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners

Next Season

This season is almost impossible to repeat, so the only improvements I can hope for are off the field. Over the next two or three years there are a number of key contracts expiring, so the squad will need to be rebuilt yet again. With the new ability to gain a work permit once in a blue moon, there is hope that I can can rebuild this squad, but only time will tell.

Nicely done mate. That will give Linfield yourr automatic spot next year right? So 2 teams in the ECC. If they cant boost the coefficient a bit Northern Ireland might become a more attractive propositon to move/stay.

I hadn't even thought of that, provided the CL spots are correct this year that could be huge.

Bourneview - Werder Bremen 9:1. Words fail to describe this result.

How did Ojeda do since his January arrival?

After I had agreed a deal to sign him he got injured for five months with a hip injury. When he finally returned he sprained an ankle on his debut, missing another four weeks.

He eventually made seven appearances without really setting the world on fire. Hopefully this season I can get him a bit more involved.

Now that you have won Champions League, maybe you could buy some fringe players from other NI clubs for couple of millions, to help them progress? In a way they would become your feeder clubs. Unless you consider that cheating.

I have considered that, but I'd really like the other NI clubs to be able to progress without any input from me at all.

Until now they have been pretty pathetic but with Linfield in the group stage of the CL there is a chance they will kick on.

Fantastic achievement in winning the Champions League dafuge :thup:And great to see Linfield making progress as well. How did the other N.I. teams fare in the Europa League?

Linfield made the group stage last season, that's the best that any of them have managed. Usually they all lose in the qualifiers.

Something like this bugs me abit, you have a stadium of around 13,000 and probably sell out every European match but in the Final of the CL you and Madrid sell out 90,000.

I assume every final is a sell out on FM but I'm not to sure you'd get around 40,000 Bournview fans going to the CL final.

Something like this bugs me abit, you have a stadium of around 13,000 and probably sell out every European match but in the Final of the CL you and Madrid sell out 90,000.

I assume every final is a sell out on FM but I'm not to sure you'd get around 40,000 Bournview fans going to the CL final.

Based on last year's final at Wembley, the two clubs get an allocation of 25000 tickets. I think we could sell that considering we are selling out our 16000 capacity stadium for CL and bigger league games.

How much did you earn from that Champions' League campaign then? Surely you must have a mindblowing amount of cash in the bank now?

Since we not considered a big club, we don't get a huge share of the CL TV money, but we still got around £27m in prize money last season.

We have a balance of £181m :cool:

Bourneview Young Men - Carling Premiership - 2029/30

Things couldn't get any better than last season.

League Table

We did the clean sweep, in even more emphatic fashion that last season.

Domestic Cups - we won them all as usual, I'm going to cut the separate screenshots from now onwards.

UEFA Super Cup - it took extra time, but we took the win we deserved.

FIFA Club World Cup - absolutely gutted, the was the win I needed to remove the ? from the thread title.

UEFA Champions League - no problems in the group stage, but after beating Manchester United we lost out on away goals to Porto in the quarter finals.

Squad - as you can see by the values, things have really moved forward at this club. This really is starting to feel like a big club.

Transfers - we still made a profit, but this was a huge transfer window for us. This sort of spending was unheard of for our club.

Key Player Profiles:

Dejan Vukojevic - he missed a lot of games through injury, but the big news was the signing of a huge new contract.

Edson - one of a number of new strikers who were signed to replace Vuko.

Teté - a great return from the midfielder, but he will probably be sold soon.

Ricardo - another great striker.

Tony Okeke - one of the recent work permit winners.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13   Championship Two         1st         Championship Two, Mid-Ulster and Intermediate Cup winners
2013/14   Championship One         1st         Championship One, Mid-Ulster and Irish Cup winners
2014/15   Carling Premiership      2nd         Irish Cup winners
2015/16   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster and Setanta Cup winners
2016/17   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2017/18   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League and Setanta Cup winners
2018/19   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, League and Setanta Cup winners
2019/20   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, Mid-Ulster and Setanta Cup winners
2020/21   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, Mid-Ulster and League Cup winners
2021/22   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2022/23   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2023/24   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2024/25   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish and Setanta Cup winners, Europa League finalists
2025/26   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2026/27   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2027/28   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2028/29   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2029/30   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners

Next Season

This was a disappointing season in Europe, but the club is making huge steps forward. If the stadium can continue to grow we could really claim to be one of the big guns in Europe.

Archived