From Young Men to World Beaters

dafuge

'Average' :(

It does seem possible to upgrade it once the facilities get improved though.

I'm surprised its so low, in my Wales save i was able to upgrade it year on year without any sucess from the 1st team. Once you get that up you should start producing some good players.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bourneview Young Men - Carling Premiership - 2038/39

The big news last season was the takeover which saw a huge pile of money dumped onto the club. I've got no intentions of spending it, so perhaps it will be saved for a rainy day.

League Table

This is our fourth successive unbeaten season. Elsewhere, Linfield managed to regain their second spot.

Domestic Cups - international call ups meant we faced Linfield with just four real players, and lost. The Irish Cup final was fun though.

UEFA Super Cup - despite an early setback we cruised to victory.

FIFA Club World Cup - it was a tight game settle by two second half goals.

UEFA Champions League - we had a tough group stage but cruised through the knockout rounds. We met Atletico Madrid yet again in the final, with the usual result (just).

Linfield in Europe - they made it to the group stage, which was crucial. They were unlucky not to qualify, but at least got one match in the Europa League.

Glentoran in Europe - unlike Linfield, they managed to beat Celtic. But that was it.

Squad - I'm struggling to improve the squad with value players, so the transfers are definitely slowing down.

Transfers - I brought in a new left winger and swapped a striker.

Key Player Profiles:

Dejan Vukojevic - injuries ruined his season, it looks like he is well past his best now.

Federico Araujo - he was brought in to score goals. He did just that.

Admir Juric - another great season for the winger.

Hiltinho - the new winger was brought in as backup, but has pushed himself into the first team.

Amedeo Damiano - he's sat in the reserves for years but he is a great player to have.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13   Championship Two         1st         Championship Two, Mid-Ulster and Intermediate Cup winners
2013/14   Championship One         1st         Championship One, Mid-Ulster and Irish Cup winners
2014/15   Carling Premiership      2nd         Irish Cup winners
2015/16   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster and Setanta Cup winners
2016/17   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2017/18   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League and Setanta Cup winners
2018/19   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, League and Setanta Cup winners
2019/20   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, Mid-Ulster and Setanta Cup winners
2020/21   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, Mid-Ulster and League Cup winners
2021/22   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2022/23   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2023/24   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2024/25   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish and Setanta Cup winners, Europa League finalists
2025/26   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2026/27   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2027/28   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2028/29   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2029/30   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2030/31   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2031/32   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2032/33   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2033/34   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2034/35   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2035/36   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and CWC winners, Champions League finalists
2036/37   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Europa League winners
2037/38   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2038/39   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners

Next Season

Things are slowly taking shape off the field, but we are a long way off being able to produce youth players capable of playing in this division.

Another great season dafuge :thup:.

Could you include your finances into the end of season report? I like to see how it changes from season to season.

Nice to see Glentoran & Linfield get into the Champions League group stages. Must have had a decent effect on the Uefa Co-eff's?

Another great season dafuge :thup:.

Could you include your finances into the end of season report? I like to see how it changes from season to season.

Nice to see Glentoran & Linfield get into the Champions League group stages. Must have had a decent effect on the Uefa Co-eff's?

I could stick the finances in there, but there's usually not a lot to say. Most seasons we break even thanks to the odd player sale, occaisionally we will make a decent profit if a number of players are sold.

Having three clubs in the group stages is massive, but we really need the other two clubs to start winning a few more games.

Reputations

Carling Premiership - 12th in European competitions (3 stars) - up 2

Bourneview - 1st in UEFA coefficients - no change

Northern Ireland - 11th in UEFA coefficients - no change

Northern Ireland - 92nd in FIFA rankings - down 11

Linfield - 47th in UEFA coefficients - up 1

Glentoran - 62nd in UEFA coefficients - up 3

Hey Daf, why has Hiltinho never had a call up internationally even for the U21's? He looks more than a good enough prospect to at least make the U21 side.

Here's the comparison with the player keeping him out of the side. Not a lot in it really, it is strange he's not been capped at all.

I am making a career thread on a save where I am doing something similar to you. Just like yourself, I want to take a northern Irish second division team to the top but I am doing it with youth only. I kind of want to copy your thread title but change it a little. Instead of 'From Young men to World Beaters' I want to call it ' Making Young Men World Beaters' would this be ok? I would understand if it's not. :)

Bourneview Young Men - Carling Premiership - 2039/40

With the facilities slowly improving, all we could do was keep trying to win trophies and hope that the other NI clubs would join in.

League Table

We drew our second game of the season to second placed Glentoran, but our tight defence meant we were never going to be beaten.

Domestic Cups - international call ups cost us the Mid-Ulster Cup, but we won the rest.

UEFA Super Cup - a bit of a strange game, but we won.

FIFA Club World Cup - a comfortable win.

UEFA Champions League - just a minor blip in the group stage as we stormed our way to another title.

Linfield in Europe - they did well to finish third but they still can't progress in the Europa League.

Glentoran in Europe - they lost out in the playoffs then failed to shine in the Europa league.

Squad - the only new player is a youth product. He isn't that good but I'm going to start building a reserve squad of local players.

Transfers - just a couple of sales as I trimmed the squad.

Finances - loads of money, but nothing to do with it.

Key Player Profiles:

Dejan Vukojevic - he was doing well but then suffered a bad injury. His career is really coming to an end.

Federico Araujo - not quite up to the standard of last season, but still pretty good.

Amedeo Damiano - the reserve is starting to look my best striker.

Admir Juric - another superb year for the right winger.

Robert Roche - another great winger.

Career Overview

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13   Championship Two         1st         Championship Two, Mid-Ulster and Intermediate Cup winners
2013/14   Championship One         1st         Championship One, Mid-Ulster and Irish Cup winners
2015/16   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster and Setanta Cup winners
2016/17   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2017/18   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League and Setanta Cup winners
2018/19   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, League and Setanta Cup winners
2019/20   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, Mid-Ulster and Setanta Cup winners
2020/21   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, Mid-Ulster and League Cup winners
2021/22   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2022/23   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2023/24   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2024/25   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish and Setanta Cup winners, Europa League finalists
2025/26   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2026/27   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2027/28   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2028/29   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2029/30   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2030/31   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2031/32   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2032/33   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2033/34   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2034/35   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2035/36   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and CWC winners, Champions League finalists
2036/37   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Europa League winners
2037/38   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2038/39   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2039/40   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners

Next Season

As the youth facilities continue to improve, the chances of getting some decent players increases. If I can slowly build up a squad of local players then I'll give them the cups to play in.

It isn't the most exciting game at the moment, but we are a few years away from being able to produce decent youth players (hopefully) and maybe 12-15 years away from a new stadium. At the moment I'm just trying to zoom through the seasons as quickly as possible while trying to win everything.

Reputations

Carling Premiership - 15th in European competitions (3 stars) - down 3

Northern Ireland - 10th in UEFA coefficients - up 1

Northern Ireland - 64th in FIFA rankings - up 28

Linfield - 55th in UEFA coefficients - down 8

Glentoran - 62nd in UEFA coefficients - no change

Bourneview Young Men - Carling Premiership - 2040/41

Things were going well at the club with the youth facilities slowly improving, we just had to keep up the winning.

League Table

The usual story, with Glentoran taking points off us.

Domestic Cups - back to the usual clean sweep.

UEFA Super Cup - this result was a bit harsh on us.

FIFA Club World Cup - straight forward as always.

UEFA Champions League - we were looking great until we had a shocker in Lyon. The second leg wasn't much better either.

Linfield in Europe - a few wins but a disappointing season.

Glentoran in Europe - they were really unlucky not to qualify from the group, but managed to pick up a win in the Europa League.

Squad - there's a handful of youth products in there now, they won't make the first team but they will get the odd cup game.

Transfers - I think too many big changes cost me this season.

Finances - looks like a hefty loss, but I took a few transfers payments in instalments.

Key Player Profiles:

Dejan Vukojevic - time is starting to run out for him.

Federico Araujo - he was the top scorer, but not as impressive as a couple of seasons ago.

Amedeo Damiano - playing really well as a supporting striker.

Flávio - I splashed the cash on him in the hope of goals. He looks good so far but I can't help but think I've wasted money on him.

Robert Roche - one of four superb wingers.

Career Overview

2039/40   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2040/41   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and CWC winners

Next Season

As the improvements to the facilities keep coming, the youth players look like they are slowly improving. Hopefully in a few years time I'll have a few in the first team.

The most important thing for next season is winning the CL again, NI suffers every time we lose in it.

Reputations

Carling Premiership - 11th in European competitions (3 stars) - up 4

Northern Ireland - 10th in UEFA coefficients - up 1

Northern Ireland - 84th in FIFA rankings - down 20

Linfield - 49th in UEFA coefficients - up 6

Glentoran - 58th in UEFA coefficients - up 4

Bourneview Young Men - Carling Premiership - 2041/42

We lost out in the Champions League last season, so it was crucial we improved.

League Table

The usual draw at Glentoran, who are looking like a decent side this year.

Domestic Cups - there was a shock in the Irish Cup final, as Glentoran beat us.

UEFA Champions League - we cruised through to a final where we met the team that beat us last year, Lyon. Things did not start well, but we turned it around to take a narrow win.

Linfield in Europe - pathetic.

Glentoran in Europe - a superb year, with some great results and a decent run in the Europa League. That's two years in a row that they've finished third by just a point now.

Squad - I'm having to start replacing players as they get older, but the squad is still great.

Reserve Squad - I'm trying to get a group of local players together, they aren't great but hopefully that will change in time.

Transfers - Coronel wanted to leave, which was shame but at 31 I had to cash in.

Finances - a decent profit.

Key Player Profiles:

Flávio - our top scorer.

Antonin Guillot - a bargain at £3m, he's played superbly.

Admir Juric - a superb return for the winger.

Hiltinho - another great winger.

Hyun Jung-Ho - solid in midfield as ever.

Career Overview

2040/41   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and CWC winners
2041/42   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners

Next Season

Things are looking good with Glentoran improving, just shame that Linfield seem to be going backwards.

Reputations

Carling Premiership - 12th in European competitions (3 stars) - down 1

Northern Ireland - 9th in UEFA coefficients - up 1

Northern Ireland - 84th in FIFA rankings - no change

Linfield - 56th in UEFA coefficients - down 7

Glentoran - 43rd in UEFA coefficients - up 15

Looks like Glentoran are quickly becoming the 2nd team in NI.

Have other NI clubs besides the top three ever qualified for the group stage of Europa League?

No, none. Ballymena made it through the first two qualifying rounds this season but got stuffed by Fiorentina in the next round.

Can you post screenshot of nations sorted by UEFA coefficients. I'd like to see how far you are from reaching at least top 5 spot.

Nation Coefficients

Qualification Places

There's a fairly big gap to the next two clubs, which we can't really make up until multiple NI clubs progress in Europe on a regular basis.

The Liechtenstein situation is pretty interesting, FC Vaduz had an outstanding season last year which has propelled Liechtenstein up the list since they only have one club!

they cannot qualify through the swiss league daf, they always get entered for the europa league representing liectenstien. IRL, the winner of the Liechtenstien cup qualifies but as the game doesnt have this cup included vaduz just qualify automatically. Or thats how i understand it.

Archived