[FM12] Kenco's World League

In the nation rules, go to General on the left hand side. Select the Transfer Rules tab and tick the boxes and add ages into the fields below:

Youth Player Min Age = 14

Youth Contract Max Age = 16

Full Contract Min Age = 17

I used these ages because Psycho1970 did in his DB and they seem about right. You'll need to add these into each Nation Rules file you are using.

I found on 2011, if you set the minimum age to 14, you got too many clubs having their youngest ever appearance maker be like 14 years old. Setting it to 16 made things a lot more realistic.

I'm looking forward to giving this league a try. You're the king of world leagues Kenco.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This game is great.

In March 2014, have won three Bermudan Premier Leagues, One Bermudan Cup, and finished 8th/4th and now am top of the Central American D League, with a decent chance of going up this year.

Starting to be able to sign people from outside Bermuda, have a Thai, a couple of Yanks and a Cameroonian with me.

New stadium comes in 2015, and hopefully we'll go professional at the end of the season.

Thanks Kenco :)

What is the weakest team to play with? Anyway I can go about finding it out?

Try Eleven Men in Swaziland, or for a festive game go with Santa Claus in Finland.

Works in 12.1?

Don't know, haven't upgraded yet. Not sure if I want to, scared that it may mess my game up.

This game is great.

In March 2014, have won three Bermudan Premier Leagues, One Bermudan Cup, and finished 8th/4th and now am top of the Central American D League, with a decent chance of going up this year.

Starting to be able to sign people from outside Bermuda, have a Thai, a couple of Yanks and a Cameroonian with me.

New stadium comes in 2015, and hopefully we'll go professional at the end of the season.

Thanks Kenco :)

Thanks. Glad you are doing well, keep it up. I remember on FM10 trying to get Eleven Men to expand. It took years, but after a while I could buy players from all over Africa!

My current game is going ok. After a shocking start with Liverpool where I lost 5 of my first 6 games in the Premier Elite, I managed to recover with a few good results and finished level on points with Man City and Spurs, but goal difference meant I was 6th. But my Silver League campaign was much better, always in the top 2 but just missed out on the league title, finishing 1 point behind City. Still got 2nd place and promotion, plus a good run in the first ever Kenco World Trophy saw me sweep aside the likes of Chelsea, Roma and Man Utd before losing in the final to R. Madrid.

On the whole not a bad season, but room for improvement. Now looking forward to the Euro Cup and the Gold League.

I know I am biased, but I love this db so far!

great work mate it would be really nice if u can show us a digran ofhow the leagues are divided as it would be easy this way

I'm not very good with diagrams, it would take me ages. It would be quicker to download the files and have a look at the structure.

More editor support looks unlikely, after last years fiasco wwhich took out your World League and now getting rid of advanced rules, they don't see to want more complex edit very much :(

They are trying to limit what we can do, as they are worried we might create dbs which are better than the default ones ;).

I'm sorry to inform you that i've started first with Chelsea and the game crashed at the end of season one.

After that ive tried an holiday game (unemployed) and it crashed again around januari.

Are you following the instructions step by step? Most importantly to load England all the way to Tier 8, as this is the most common reason for crashing at the end of the season.

I have a couple of questions regarding this league: does it still have the default end of season awards from the English leagues, or does it have new ones? I just like to poach the best players from leagues below me, but it's hard to do without there being a proper end of season award. Also, is Melbourne Victory in the world league? Any other Australian teams in it?

I haven't touched awards so the default ones still exist for the English leagues. Melbourne Vic are in along with a number of other Aussie teams such as Brisbane Roar, Perth Glory, etc. Can't remember off the top of my head and away from my PC right now so can't check. Will do in a few days. Merry Christmas to all my World League followers!

Do - it's really fun.

Am now in the North African C league (slightly weird for a team from Bermuda, but still), and it's a HUGE step up from the D league. 2000-1 to go up :D

We've gone professional though, which has got to help, and were only denied a perfect domestic season by a 0-0 on the last day.

Do - it's really fun.

Am now in the North African C league (slightly weird for a team from Bermuda, but still), and it's a HUGE step up from the D league. 2000-1 to go up :D

We've gone professional though, which has got to help, and were only denied a perfect domestic season by a 0-0 on the last day.

Well done on getting promotion and your professional status, but odd that you are now in Africa. There are a few problems with regions, but usually you would end up in a European league as all the African/Asian teams start sliding down the structure and filling their own leagues, while Europe has spaces as their teams are generally stronger and don't come back down.

Hopefully next season you'll get moved back to the North American division.

Just some ideas for later versions/FM13:

Try to increase the amount of reserve and youth games, currently the reserves play only 14 a season and the youth 14 plus the cup, which is way too few. Maybe either get them to also follow the World Leagues, or have them compete in larger national leagues.

Have the sizes of lower league become adaptable, maybe from between 12 and 20, to help with the issue of African and Asians teams sliding down whilst European ones rise up messing up the regions. Also check the structure - teams ending up in the wrong region of the right continent is no biggie and quite realistic because where to place the boundary is subjective in the first place, the issue is when you end up in the wrong continent. The only way this becomes imbalanced is between the Bronze Leagues and Super Leagues (when the leagues first go across continents.) However, at the start of the game there is only one African and one Asian representative in the Bronze Leagues, and two of each will come up, so you are guaranteeing a problem from the start. After correcting this, you could look at programming it two relegate the worst two teams from each continent, which would fix the problem entirely at the expense of fixing the number of teams from each continent at the top three levels, and I am unsure how much of this is feasible in the editor.

Just some ideas for later versions/FM13:

Try to increase the amount of reserve and youth games, currently the reserves play only 14 a season and the youth 14 plus the cup, which is way too few. Maybe either get them to also follow the World Leagues, or have them compete in larger national leagues.

Have the sizes of lower league become adaptable, maybe from between 12 and 20, to help with the issue of African and Asians teams sliding down whilst European ones rise up messing up the regions. Also check the structure - teams ending up in the wrong region of the right continent is no biggie and quite realistic because where to place the boundary is subjective in the first place, the issue is when you end up in the wrong continent. The only way this becomes imbalanced is between the Bronze Leagues and Super Leagues (when the leagues first go across continents.) However, at the start of the game there is only one African and one Asian representative in the Bronze Leagues, and two of each will come up, so you are guaranteeing a problem from the start. After correcting this, you could look at programming it two relegate the worst two teams from each continent, which would fix the problem entirely at the expense of fixing the number of teams from each continent at the top three levels, and I am unsure how much of this is feasible in the editor.

Unfortunately the reserves and youth just follow the primary divisions and not the secondary divisions. I chose the option to use main divisions which is why they are in small leagues, perhaps I will look at this for the next release.

Having leagues vary in size is not currently possible and to be honest I wouldn't like it to happen. It's annoying when teams end up in the wrong division, especially on different continents, but there is nothing more that can be done.

Only one team from each of the African and Asian Super Leagues get promoted to Bronze League, not two of each as you mention.

Have the sizes of lower league become adaptable, maybe from between 12 and 20, to help with the issue of African and Asians teams sliding down whilst European ones rise up messing up the regions.

I think this option in the editor dosent work. I have set this to vary between 12 and 22 yet every season the number of teams in the division is always the same as when you start. I have holidayed my edited leagues for upto 20 seasons and the number of teams in the divison is constant and it still sends teams to other regions instead.

I think this option in the editor dosent work. I have set this to vary between 12 and 22 yet every season the number of teams in the division is always the same as when you start. I have holidayed my edited leagues for upto 20 seasons and the number of teams in the divison is constant and it still sends teams to other regions instead.

The min and max no of teams is just there for when you have a number of sub-divisions with different numbers of teams, but is not meant to allow division sizes to fluctuate. I think it's a little misleading which is why a lot of people get it wrong.

Very weird, the format in my game is four teams going down from both Bronze Leagues with each Super League promoting two.
Oh I think you're right actually, I've been away from the game for a while. The problem is that the teams from those continents are a lot weaker than Europe so can't compete at that level and just get forced down the leagues. I've increased the reputation of their leagues but it doesn't help the clubs that much, although a human manager should be able to compete with all the finances they get.

Quick question in case I'm being slow: When loading up these files, all Scottish teams have no reserve or youth teams ever. All other countries seem to have the teams but not the Scots.

I mean that when you normally have a team, where it says senior squad and has an arrow to show the other squads, there is no arrow - all players are in the senior squad. If you manage one of them (with Scotland loaded of course) there is no option to move players to other squads, no way to do youth training etc. Regens still get added, just they stay in the senior squad always.

I holidayed a season and the reserve/youth squads weren't added in the second season either. Is this just happening to me or a known issue? Thanks in advance

Hi Kenco, are you going to release a World Club Cup, like you did on previous games. As i like playing the leagues as they are with the champions playing in the World Club Cup because that was amazing.

No.

I would rather get rid of all the continental Champion's Leagues and replace them with a World Champion's League, but it's impossible to replicate those kind of systems with qualifiers and proper seedings so I felt I would leave them as they are, because they work very well. I will try again in the New Year for something a little different, but if I can't get it just right then I won't release it.

The only reason I created a World Club Cup for FM11 was because I couldn't do the World League, so it was a poor substitute.

Firstly, thanks for all your hard work Kenco. This world league looks great, and I'm looking forward to starting a career game with it.

Just one quick question though: has anyone else noticed the South American continental comps (Libertadores etc) aren't working after the end of the first season? I haven't looked too much into the issue, I only noticed it in a holiday game I was running as a test. Any chance it's something to do with the custom nation rules for Brazil, Argentina etc? My first guess is that it might be something to do with the national leagues which feed the continental comps, perhaps they've been replaced or something - but like I say, I haven't had a chance to look into the problem in any detail.

Any thoughts / suggestions would be appreciated!

Cheers.

Nesy, I have encountered a similar issue however with a custom made Dutch league set up - the first season works like a charm however from the second season on no more domestic league fixtures are planned (domestic and continental cups just go on). I am really wondering what went wrong in the Editor - there are some other guys on the forum with this issue as well however nobody has come up with a solution yet.

Kr

Erik

Firstly, thanks for all your hard work Kenco. This world league looks great, and I'm looking forward to starting a career game with it.Just one quick question though: has anyone else noticed the South American continental comps (Libertadores etc) aren't working after the end of the first season? I haven't looked too much into the issue, I only noticed it in a holiday game I was running as a test. Any chance it's something to do with the custom nation rules for Brazil, Argentina etc? My first guess is that it might be something to do with the national leagues which feed the continental comps, perhaps they've been replaced or something - but like I say, I haven't had a chance to look into the problem in any detail.Any thoughts / suggestions would be appreciated!Cheers.
How far into the season have you holidayed? Because I think the Copa Lib gets scheduled in January, so you should go until late in that month to see if fixtures are generated.

erikvandoezum - All the other competitions, both domestic and continental, seem to be working fine. It's only the South American continental ones that don't work. Even the World Club Championship still works, although I'm not sure how it manages to pick a South American representative!

Kenco - I've holidayed to 2023 in one game, and 2028 in another - neither one has Libertadores fixtures. In a couple of other games I tried, I went to Feb 2013, but the "Overview" tab just states that the Libertadores was supposed to start on 30/01/2013.

Well I am loving the game. Am in my fourth season with Utulei Youth (Only American Samoan side in the structure) and am finally getting a high enough reputation to get some decent players, most of whom are young south americans and are very good, so am expecting to get promoted from the D League as I have been close in recent seasons but with some decent players I will be out of it quickly.

My finances are amazing, around £5m in the black and I'm making a profit monthly because of the great TV deals. And on the domestic front I have completed my first, and all time most, dominant season where I won every single game and conceded a spectacular 2 goals! Very handy having a few Brazilians around!

erikvandoezum - All the other competitions, both domestic and continental, seem to be working fine. It's only the South American continental ones that don't work. Even the World Club Championship still works, although I'm not sure how it manages to pick a South American representative!

Kenco - I've holidayed to 2023 in one game, and 2028 in another - neither one has Libertadores fixtures. In a couple of other games I tried, I went to Feb 2013, but the "Overview" tab just states that the Libertadores was supposed to start on 30/01/2013.

Same here, it doesn't seem to schedule - maybe something to do with funny Latin American league structures with first and second halves being used to pick teams, when this obviously no longer happens?

I'm sorry this is happening and I didn't notice it before. In my bid to get this out quickly I didn't think to check if all the continental comps worked, I only checked the European ones as this is the one I usually play.

If it's because of opening and closing stage qualification then it won't be possible for me to fix, unless I recreate the cups with a more straightforward qualification system.

That could be an idea, but you may have to also remake the club world cup if you do that to make sure the new winners qualify.

According to wiki, all nations bar Brazil (European style league) and Mexico (entry by invitation) base entry on various stages of the season, usually two but sometimes more, which would certainly explain why it doesn't work.

Archived