dafuge's FM12 challenge

Daf, can I suggest a table in the OP or somewhere nearby with information on where people are in their saves? I'm willing to use one of my early posts for this if you want......

If you want to keep one updated then please go ahead. I've done it in the past and it took a lot of time, which I don't really have at the moment.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New version of FM bought and installed. First save is going to be an attempt at Daf's challenge with my favourite club St. Albans City!

I've been on holiday through the first season and just need to load to see if St. Albans City come up!

I'll be logging my exploits in this challenge on Twitter @Crouchy_SACFC (see http://twitter.com/#!/Crouchy_SACFC)!

COYS! :cool:

you running it again this year?

Thus far haven't been able to download the game. Forged, pirated and stolen products are easy to get hold of here, but as i wanted to obtain the game legitimately, it will take a bit more time. I'll have to get someone to open up a game and email or phone me with the activation code. At least that's going to be my story when the security Police kick down my door tomorrow and arrest me on suspicion of being a spy and receiving coded instructions to subvert the hamony of the nation.

SI - Please note, there's lots of potential customers here. if you haven't figured out how to obtain the necessary licenses for China, may i suggest a trip to your local stationers to purchase a few relatively large envelopes.

In any case, I'm probably doing something based in and with Scotland this year, but i will be interested in this thread to see if it's deemed to be more difficult this year / version, especially at the start of the challenge. I made a couple of tiny, mostly inadvertent, transgressions last year, so if i think it would be worthwhile, i might start the challenge at some point and stick to the rules religiously this time.

I've done pretty reasonably with signings so far I think. My back line in particular looks solid and I've managed to stay under the wage budget with some cutting of the fat. Had some crap players on ridiculous money.

Does anyone else, have problems getting a parent club for the additional cashflow? if you did manage to get one, how? :o

My board are amazingly tight! couldnt get a parent club or increase my scouting area. Sufficient resources.... Yeah right!

I'll have another crack at this, I've only completed it once and I want to see if I can repeat the challenge.

This time I have taken over at St Albans City

The profile was taken yesterday and so far today I've signed a few players, including a few that came to the trial day and a couple of newgens that will be used as backup and more if they live up to the potential that my ass man thinks they have. I've even given one of the U18 newgens a pre-contract agreement.

I am about to take control of my first game with a money making pre-season game against Blackburn.

New version of FM bought and installed. First save is going to be an attempt at Daf's challenge with my favourite club St. Albans City!

I've been on holiday through the first season and just need to load to see if St. Albans City come up!

I'll be logging my exploits in this challenge on Twitter @Crouchy_SACFC (see http://twitter.com/#!/Crouchy_SACFC)!

COYS! :cool:

Good Luck with your challenge mate!

i've added you on twitter :) Created an account also for FM Exploits... twitter name KeithyMcC

:)

My board would let me have a trial day :( I've signed a host of players though and I think I'll be able to stay out of the relegation zone. I found a really good 18 year old nepalese striker but couldn't get a work permit. He was exactly what I needed too...

Season is about to get underway: Let the pain begin!!

My board would let me have a trial day :( I've signed a host of players though and I think I'll be able to stay out of the relegation zone. I found a really good 18 year old nepalese striker but couldn't get a work permit. He was exactly what I needed too...

Season is about to get underway: Let the pain begin!!

My scout came up with a fantastic Brazilian on day one who had been at man city - couldn't get a WP for him. Signed a Tank in defence which could bring new meaning to the steam achievement park a tank in front of the goal :D

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279165-FMF-Exclusive-Logos-for-FM2012 Using them currently

sortitoutsi has metallic ones I think so likely get them.

Thanks, im currently downloading the metallic ones. Is anybody else noticing the amount of injuries or knocks? Getting about 2/3 per game and im only in my 2nd league game!

My scout came up with a fantastic Brazilian on day one who had been at man city - couldn't get a WP for him. Signed a Tank in defence which could bring new meaning to the steam achievement park a tank in front of the goal :D

You got a name for your tank? FC united need a brick wall to help them this season :p

Friendlies arranged, training schedules created, 1st team selected, 1st tactic created..............oh ****, time for work. Closes down the game and switches off the computer.....

Did I save the game?........

Like heck did I!!!

Friendlies arranged, training schedules created, 1st team selected, 1st tactic created..............oh ****, time for work. Closes down the game and switches off the computer.....

Did I save the game?........

Like heck did I!!!

Oh Lawd :'(

Due to losing a couple of matches in a row my assman suggested a team meeting to raise morale. Did so, and everyone disagreed with me and moral went even further down. Damn....

Due to losing a couple of matches in a row my assman suggested a team meeting to raise morale. Did so, and everyone disagreed with me and moral went even further down. Damn....

Wow thats not good!

I've noticed with my team that im scoring alot of goals in the first 3 minutes of a game, twice scoring in under 20 seconds. In other news my CB Frank Sinclair has become the BSN oldest goalscorer at 40 years and 276 days.

Just to clarify after the above post 189, which is the first real "update" - I will only be linking the participants table to END OF SEASON reports. So if you want to put friendly information in the end of season report then fine, otherwise that wont be linked to the table on page 1.

Trying a few more times to load them, then i might have to take the easy way out and use the save, want to play the game and so far all i have done for hours is reloads :(

I hope you get them soon, i had to Reload for 6 hours last night for Banbury who are slightly lower rep.

I'm still reloading :( Think who goes down has a big impact as Chippenham came up another 5 times after that.

hmm stupid question but to get differnt people going down would mean i would need to do a totally new Holiday Manager save?

hmm stupid question but to get differnt people going down would mean i would need to do a totally new Holiday Manager save?

Yeah you would have to. Think I've done 3 or 4 and was the 2nd one I got Chippenham when 2/3 different teams went down than the 1st. Also if you go to 23rd make sure it's 0.00 or the same teams keep coming up.

Archived