FM12 Big Euro Nation: Small Club to Big Club Challenge

I now have save games up for All the nations on the day before reset. With Scotland I have loaded Clyde & Queens Park games (I have got each of these 3 times so far in 6 reloads), I will load any others I get as they come, if someone else gets one that would be great as well.

I am also looking at doing some new French saves as well, because the teams there are already decided as well.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really enjoying this save so far and it's only January 2013. Another quick update it seems as though I've got a team in the League that LLR played with last time around, One Haro. They're not doing that well though being in 18th although I could only get a draw against them at home.

Pacy_Vall__e_d_Eure_Football-logo-073211A9E1-seeklogo.com.gif

Pacy Football Pre-Season 2012/13

Friendlies

Pacy-ValledEureFootballFixtures_Fixtures-1.png

Transfers

PacyFootballTransfers_History.png

Happiest with Idriss Pongo i think, seems to be playing best out of the new arrivals. I'm hoping Freddy Drogba can score plenty too, none so far.

Overall i was pretty happy with the games played, surprised with the win against Tours FC and draw with Caen, but overall it seemed to go well. As expected though, the league started badly.

First 2 games were against recently relegated teams, losing both, 5-0 to Metz and 2-1 to Angers, followed by a draw with Colmar and a loss to Ajaccio. Hopefully things get better soon.

A lot of the players i got rid of wouldn't sign new contracts and they were using up valuable wages.

Quite like Pongo there on the left wing Charles, a bit of a worry starting off 0-1-3 though, Good Luck from here though.

As for Haro struggling, that doesn't surprise me Almondo, they are terrible without Des Tiny in the front room, and he is currently working hard with the crowd in Parla.

He isn't very strong, and you need him to get rid of the ball quickly too, but other than that could be useful...Well 6 games in Parla sit 4-1-1 (11-6) - Our loss was a 5-1 to Hospitalet, we have 4 clean sheets and a good tidy record I think so far given we have had injuries and suspensions to all our main strikers, I had to sign a young turk just for injury cover.

LLR - I would kill for a hat trick!

In general news, I'm in a right old scrap down at the bottom of the table. I'm poor, thankfully there are five teams who are roughly as bad as I am. Four get relegated. FFingers crossed everyone!

LLR - I would kill for a hat trick!

In general news, I'm in a right old scrap down at the bottom of the table. I'm poor, thankfully there are five teams who are roughly as bad as I am. Four get relegated. FFingers crossed everyone!

Good Luck PRDH. My Hat-trick wasn't a pretty one lol, it came from my central defender, wasn't even attempting to exploit corners, but the opposition were terrible against him. They had a short guy marking him and he was all over it on corners and free kicks, we won 4-1 (Their goal was a screamer, will post it later). We are sitting third after 8 games 5-2-1 (17-9), Valencia B lead us by 2, Castilla (RMadrid B) are in 2nd by 1pt. Time for me to head towards bed I think.

Saturday evening here (I'm off work til Thursday so should get at least one season done :p)

A goal of any kind! I've only scored 15 goals in 16 games.

Make that 16! What a goal! My striker, he's not scored in more than 900 hours of football, just executes a beautiful chip over the keeper.

Edit - That's more like it. Striker who scored the delicate lob has now just blasted over an open goal from six yards.

ChrisSmallNews_Inbox-3.png

How could i not sign him. Wages becoming a bit of a problem now though.

Things are still going badly though, i just can't seem to win. Just 1 in 13 now :( they all keep ending 3-1 too

I expect to be restarting this challenge by the end of the day in another country.

Hi guys. I wasn't planning on doing a 'small club-big club' challenge this year but seeing the great OP here with all the info, challenge history and save files uploaded made me realise what I've been missing. :)

Now to decide whether to go back to Turkey (which I did 3 years ago when it was still part of Gundo's) or Portugal (started here on FM10 but never finished). Decisions, decisions....

Just completed pre-season with Bursa, 4 wins, 1 draw and 4 defeats, not been too lucky with injuries so far, 3 players out for 4+ months one of which is out for the full season while several others are injured for up to 2 months including my 2 best attacking midfielders.

I have made 18 signings so far with 5 leaving mostly on free transfers, there are some surprisingly good free transfers available in Turkey willing to go to lower league teams who have been released from the top premier league clubs. My new number 1 goalkeeper Atilla Polat released from Galatasary has 5 star potential rating from my club coaches and is only 18yo. I also signed a 4.5 star potential 23yo Kazakhstan international striker who is showing a lot of promise for the team.

I will be trying to speed through my first season and will get a season review up as soon as I am done.

Edit: Just finished first game and Polat was amazing, could have been 3 down by half time if not for him, they got a player sent off and things seemed a little more even, we got a lucky goal with 2 minutes left to record a very lucky win.

The board decided to make our homegame vs Renate a fanday. Of course we lost the game, but the attendance more than doubled rising from aroud 1900 to 4100! Hopefully some of the new spectators will be returning.

Edit: Next game, away to probably the best side in the league:

1319281915.png

In addition both Gandelli(DC) and Melchiorri(ST) played their first games for Cìtta di Pontadera.

160px-Alicante_cf_128px.png

Alicante Club de Fútbol

Manager

Info

Team

Overview

Squad Info

Squad

Well here i am, Alicante Club de Fútbol, ill post a pre-season update soon :)

good luck danger_mouse. Alicante were one of the other two teams i was going to go with. good luck.

DodgeeD - good to see you back. good luck with whoever you go with

charlesbeams - tough start mate. hopefully you can make a breakthrough and turn it around.

Long Islander - welcome and good luck with Clyde. hope it goes well.

Possible bug found in Turkey, foreign players are not allowed to be signed in the second division never mind play matches, yet you are able to bring them to the club on trial, the ability to play trialists in Turkey lets me play foreign players who are on trial at my clubeven though I could not actually sign or play them normally. Am I going to be breaking the rules of this challenge if I play any of these players because I have Faty Papy in my team ready to play and better than any of my current central midfielders but do not want to if I will be cheating.

Possible bug found in Turkey, foreign players are not allowed to be signed in the second division never mind play matches, yet you are able to bring them to the club on trial, the ability to play trialists in Turkey lets me play foreign players who are on trial at my clubeven though I could not actually sign or play them normally. Am I going to be breaking the rules of this challenge if I play any of these players because I have Faty Papy in my team ready to play and better than any of my current central midfielders but do not want to if I will be cheating.

i don't think there are any restrictions in any leagues for friendly matches. it's just you obviously can't play them in comprtitive games. it's not cheating to play them in friendlies - if anything it just hampers you as another, eligible player could play instead.....

I really think i'm going to end up giving up come the end of the season, 7 points from 18 games, just 12 goals scored. A defender just got a 3.00 rating, never seen that before in any FM haha. I'm calling it quits now instead, i feel like i'll be wasting my time if i carry on now.

I will try another league though, and i'll think more about my signings i think, that was one of my problems.

This could just keep happening though :p hopefully not though, even just winning a few more games would be nice.

i don't think there are any restrictions in any leagues for friendly matches. it's just you obviously can't play them in comprtitive games. it's not cheating to play them in friendlies - if anything it just hampers you as another, eligible player could play instead.....

The problem is it is not in friendly games, the Turkish second division lets you play trial players in competitive games, this circumvents their rule about no foreign players which is why I was wondering about the rules of this challenge about it...

Edit: Just to clarify, they are able to be scouted by me, they were released by higher league Turkish sides and other lower league Turkish sides tried to sign them but were unable to due to them not being of Turkish nationality.

i see. i think in previous games some countries have let you do this also. not sure if a bug or permitted under the league rules? i wouldn't say it's against the rules or anything - up to you to decide if it feels right to do. i would probably not do it if it was me but down to personal preference i guess.

Okay, thanks for the reply, will probably not play him then unless I have too many injuries in his position and need him to fill in, my squad does seem very injury prone so far which might hinder my progress this season.

Edit: France 7-0 Italy in the European Championship Final, thought that was a bit crazy :confused:

Scotland won "my" European Championship, also a bit crazy :D

They also won it by qualifying second in the group stages...leaving Spain with zero points and out of the tournament. Del Bosque is gone and Guardiola is now in charge of the national team.

Almost halfway through the season, will update shortly!

T24

December 2012, Haro struggling to get by in the Segunda B. I send my useless scout around the country to see if he can find me a decent goalkeeper (both of the ones I use keep making amateur mistakes), and, after three days, he says he is done "scouting the country". He comes back with these many reports:

Picture1-2.png

However, one of these two actually is a goalkeeper...after a couple of days of negotiations, he actually signs for us.

Allow me to introduce, Haro's new, 3 months short of 40 years old, goalkeeper.

This guy

We'll see, but I am moderately optimistic that we can actually get out of the danger zone now.

Edit: Conceded a goal two minutes into his first game. Never mind.

Lost his first match 1-3. This guy hasn't played in four years--it's going to take a while. We just may not have that time he needs. We need results now.

Edit 3: And I just realized that he has spent the past year looking for a team. This may not be a very good decision here.

LLR - Looks like you got a good first team squad there. Good luck with the season, I see you're off to a good start! And great job on getting all those saves up already to.

global1 - Good job staying up. If my memory serves right mostly anyone that tried Russia last season was struggling against relegation in the first season. It's a tough place.

Charlesbeams - It's tough to turn things around when you get on a losing stream. Morale is really important, sometimes I think a bit to important in this game. I'll cross my fingers for you getting a better start in your next adventure.

danger_mouse - Best of luck in Spain!

Long Islander - Good luck in Scotland!

I think I'm gonna have to make myself a list of people doing this and where everyone is playing. There's to many to keep track of for my tiny brains. :eek: That's a good thing though! If anyone is still on the fence about joining this challenge, jump off and come on in!! :thup:

US%20Pontedera%201912.gif

Città di Pontedera

After losing all (!) of our matches in the cup, we have started our campaign in the league positively.

1319298514.png

Really satisfied with our goaldifference, but I don't think we are playing as well as the goaldifference would indicate.

We have had some cracking wins against better teams, but also some devastating losses against teams we should be able to get a result from.

I've decided to come and try this challenge, I have attempted some in the past but they have been cut short due to work and laziness, also I spent almost 25 days on one save with African Warriors trying to win the African Champs League in FM11 so didn't have time for another save.

I feel very up for a challenge this year again so I have chosen Russia to go to because I remember enjoying a brief save there with Torpedo Moscow, although at the time they were in the Russian Premier Division and hadn't spectacularly fallen from grace.

After doing about 30 reloads and lots of wikipedia reading I have chosen Torpedo Armavir who are a team close to the Georgia border and Armenia, by whom it was originally founded. The area looks rather built up and there is a small airport less than 2 miles away that will hopefully allow my team to travel on some European adventures. The stadium holds 5000 according to the game and is all seated, Stadium 1, Stadium 2, Stadium 3. Also the team has a bus stop down the road that has the teams name and badge on that someone has kindly uploaded onto google earth.

The board would like me to avoid relegation, which the media predict me to do by finishing 17th, and they have given me £55k transfer budget and £14.25k p/w wages. There isn't a lot of history with the team as they have only ever won the Russian Amateur Cup in 2008, their only other claim to fame being a runners-up place in the Russian Second Division in 2010. So I hope that the challenge will bring good tidings and I will possibly update after pre-season has finished. Manager Profile, Club Overview, Club Information.

The board decided to make our homegame vs Renate a fanday. Of course we lost the game, but the attendance more than doubled rising from aroud 1900 to 4100! Hopefully some of the new spectators will be returning.

And return they did! 10 matches later and our average attendance has been stable at around 3000 spectators. Anybody else having positive results from fandays this year?

Charlesbeams - I'm afraid the first season in this challenge is quite often a tortuous experience! I've not pulled up any trees first time out of the box since my first attempt back on FM09.
Charlesbeams - It's tough to turn things around when you get on a losing stream. Morale is really important, sometimes I think a bit to important in this game. I'll cross my fingers for you getting a better start in your next adventure.

Cheers, hopefully i can get a game going again soon. Would have liked to get Montevarchi in Italy, but i think i'd have to wait 2 seasons :( will keep looking through the saves i downloaded and hopefully pick another team soon.

Flashman\'s School Days - That's some amazing research you've done on your club. Good luck! :thup:

siLKEAPE - I've not had a fan day yet actually, and it's unlikely to happen this season as we're almost done. We have an average attendance of 911 though, so we certainly could use one. :lol:

PRDH - Hope your team has managed to start scoring now.

Charles - Nice signing of Cruz, for turning Morale around try and be passionate in your team talks, or just go with no pressure ones until they start to perform or morale lifts, and try to stick to similar tactics, I'm actually using a slightly attacking one. Keep the chin up :) When signing players I actually have a list of key attributes I want at each position, so now in the search screen each position has its own custom view which has those attributes in it, means I get a good look at key attributes straight away. Then I get them scouted, if they look good its no problem. But yes as PRDH says, generally the first season in this challenge is a tough effort, just to beat relegation.

Long Islander - Welcome and best of luck With Clyde, nice looking stadium you have there.

DodgeeD - Welcome back and good luck with Turkey, is another one that has been a tough nut to crack.

Veriloquent - Sounds like you made some good signings, good luck as it gets further into the season. As for the trial guys, I would just use it as an injury cover solution if you need it.

silKEAPE - That is an amazing result against Monza, good work. As for the Serie C Cup, if I remember correctly nearly everyone loses every game there in the first season, but your league form looks pretty good so far.

Twellman - Nice looking keeper, he is nearly as old as my back-up, though my back-up is the clubs longest serving player. As for the effort so far you are already above the relegation spots, this is the main aim in season one. Target those 5 teams in your matches, aim to beat them, and worry less about the other games and you should be alright.

Ohanzee - My wages are a bit tight, but I got a good 1st XI, the back-ups aren't quite as good though.

Flashman - Welcome and good luck with Armavir, also I love the bus stop, that is a spectacular effort. Nice looking stadium, but the pitch is not so good.

So glad to see this all back and running again, can't wait to follow the progress all year, loving some of the guys in my team already, though they are a bit old, so I need to get connection with one of the young ones, who knows they could be my next Francesconi. Also good to see a range of players in a range of nations already.

I feel sad :(. I wanted to achieve something spectacular for FM12 by completing all challenges or attempting too that are in the CSE. Having read the rules of this thread, it seems that dafuge's and LLR's don't interlock, only just though as dafuge's save requires you to use a customised database with the three feeder divisions that go into the BSS/BSN. LLR, do you think that you could make an exception? The time it will probably take me to complete dafuge's challenge, will probably minimise the effect on the save hopefully.

Edit: If other challenge threads don't allow it I shall be posting this in those threads too.

Charles - Nice signing of Cruz, for turning Morale around try and be passionate in your team talks, or just go with no pressure ones until they start to perform or morale lifts, and try to stick to similar tactics, I'm actually using a slightly attacking one. Keep the chin up :) When signing players I actually have a list of key attributes I want at each position, so now in the search screen each position has its own custom view which has those attributes in it, means I get a good look at key attributes straight away. Then I get them scouted, if they look good its no problem. But yes as PRDH says, generally the first season in this challenge is a tough effort, just to beat relegation.

The thing is nearly all the time their morale was boosted before the games from team talks or meetings, then we lost and morale went down. I kept the save so i may end up going back to it to see if i can stop them getting relegated. For now though i'm looking for a new team, not sure which nation yet. Will definitely be looking at important stats more often, and i think taking my time would help a bit too. I'll try and make custom views for each positions too, seems like an obvious thing to do :p

Also for everyone wanting correct names of competitions/clubs etc there is this download from Susie, it is still a work in progress (Portugal being updated), but it already has all the French and Italian corrections for anyone who wants them...If you just want the league you are in then open the files in Notepad (Text editor) and remove all the rest leaving your nation. Also as it goes in the LNC folder they say you don't need to start a new game, just restart FM, testing that now myself.

I don't believe I've done so yet, so let me take a moment to wish everyone the best in the largest of the European Nations this year.

I'm currently setting myself up for Gundo's, but as I said before I'll still be following along with the stories here.

LLR - Pretty sure the files are LNC, not INC :p

Archived