FM12 Big Euro Nation: Small Club to Big Club Challenge

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've had a weird start to the season. Played 4 away games and just 1 home game so far. 2 of the away games being in the cup. Away matches have been 4-3 win, 1-2 loss, and 4-2 win. The loss being in the league against Benfica C. Branco. At home it's completely different as we beat Pampilhosa 3-0 with them not creating a single chance.

5th game we go away to Cinfaes in the league, and looking at our defensive performance so far away from home I'm expecting another high scoring game with probably 2-3 conceded. At half time we're 6-0 up, and end up winning 9-0. And according to the post-match report it was exactly what was expected from us. This league must have some really crap teams in it.

* Back down to earth in the next game with a boring 0-0 draw at home against the same team we beat 4-2 away in the cup. Oh well, good start to the season, looks like we might not have to worry about relegation at least.

If I get the game (and that's by no means certain) I will join this challenge with Barakaldo since they're now eligilble. I might even go Basque-only.

In the meanwhile I'll follow this thread, without posting much. Though I have to say brilliant career opening PRDH (and obviously LLR for the thread, but I've lurked around long enough to know what he does). :thup:

Thanks guys! Good news! The person I'd organised to go out for drinks this evening (what was I thinking) has cancelled! I'm here all evening. Roll on the beginning of the season!

Ohanzee - That's just a schoolboy error!

Veriloquent - Thanks for that Turkey Save, I will add it to the opening post. Good Luck with Bursa Nilufer, looks like a solid team.

Adam "Le God" - Best of Luck with Ferrol, Aria looks decent for this level.

saab - Can't wait to see you here, and good luck with Mantova.

PRDH - Glad to see your game turned up, brilliant opening post for your club, looking forward to following your progress in the Azores, you always bring some attention to detail that I love.

GreyedOutMan - Yup just one nation, none additional, good luck wherever you end up

Almondo - Hmm sounds like a season I had a few years back, was beating the top 3 every time, but kept losing after 90 to bottom dwellers.

Trevanator - Good Luck in Russia, hope you do better than the other attempts there. Looks like your Midfield is the strongest spot.

RyMax - Good Luck with Clyde FC, hopefully you can turn them around and lead them back up the table. (Any chance you could upload a save on June 1st? (Or after the last season finished, before reset day?

Charlesbeams - Pacy Football lol, there are going to be numerous puns there, I can just see them...I don't have a problem with the dropped CFA, you can't play in it.

Romanista - Glad you enjoy the covert lurking in the thread, I have a save with Barakaldo available if you would like me to upload it.

My game in Spain has got through to August, I will update on Sept 1st... I am also holidaying in Russia, will find the reset day and also upload the save at the end of it.

Hi there fellow FM addicts :) I will be joining this challenge for the first time!

Currently holidaying in Portugal. Once I find a cool team I will post my profile etc.

US%20Pontedera%201912.gif

Cìtta di Pontedera

Team history from Wikipedia:

Founded in 1912, Pontedera, a team from a city in the Pisa neighbourhood, played Serie C for several years without never gaining a single promotion to Serie B. In 1993/1994, a second place in Serie C2/B allowed Pontedera to be promoted to Serie C1: during that season, the team was known for having longily been the only undefeated team in all Italian professional leagues, and for having incredibly won 2–1 to the Italy national football team coached by Arrigo Sacchi in a friendly match played in April 1994. Pontedera played Serie C1 just in 1994/1995, and relegated to Serie D in 2001, and even Eccellenza in 2002. Pontedera returned to Serie D in 2005, after having won its Eccellenza round.

In summer 2006, The Gunther Corporation purchased Pontedera. It was reported in The Guardian newspaper on 17 May 2007 that the owner of Pontedera is a dog named Gunther IV, who inherited it from Gunther III who in turn inherited it from his owner Countess Libenstein.

Marcello Lippi, head coach of Italy national team and World Cup champion in the 2006 FIFA World Cup, started his professional managing career as Pontedera head coach in 1985/1986.

Manager profile Stefano Pazzarelli

Club overview and information

Wage budget: £8,583 pw - Avoid relegation.

My expectations: Avoid relegation

Here is a picture of Cìtta di Pontedera's home arena; Stadio Ettore Mannucci

stadiopontederas.jpg

According to FM it holds 5000 people, however Wikipedia states it's capacity is 4405.

It is amazing to follow this thread - really inspiring.

Here we go!

Wont let me play in the CFA (French lowest available Division) - it's greyed out! Any idea why?

Grr got all excited coz Strasbourg are down there, having just come up from unplayability - proper sleeping giant! I selected that league, the league is there, but it wont let me play as a CFA team!!!

EDT: Gonna try again and go with Spain. Their stadiums look nicer :p

Sorry guys, I cant get excited about this. For me the fun of Dafuge's challenge is taking a team that I have never heard of outside FM to success in a league I know everything about. I know so little about the French leagues that if I won the league with any of these clubs, it wouldnt be that exciting. Good luck to everyone in this challenge, it looks like good fun :)

Hi guys, after not getting into FM11 too much i have decided to sign up for this challenge again. Especially after LLR's opening posts reminding me of the FM09 days with Hospitalet and the fact that Daniel made your Star Player List.

Currently holidaying in Italy.

Manager :: Home - Information - Profile -- Team :: Information - Profile - Squad

Sport Clube Vianense is a Portuguese football club from Viana do Castelo, in the north of the country.

Founded in 1898, it is one of the oldest clubs in Portugal, and currently plays in the fourth division, holding home matches at Estádio do Dr. José de Matos, with a capacity of 3,000 seats.

News1.png

stadium.jpg

Seregno.gif

1913 USD FOOTBALL SEREGNO

Newly promoted to Serie C2/A Seregno have appointed as their new manager Stuart Brawls, a complete unknown in the footballing world.

The media prediction for Seregno in the upcoming season is a 20th placed finish

Seregno also holds the dubious honour of having the lowest reputation in the whole of Serie C2

As with most clubs at this level Seregno's Ferruccio stadium is literally 1 stand with an athletics track around the pitch as is evident in the following images:

Stadium 1 Stadium 2 Stadium 3 Stadium 4

Seregno has no history of note as they have never won any competitions before and no matter what happens over the course of the upcoming season they are guarenteed to have their highest ever placed league finish, this being their 1st ever season in Serie C2/A.

The start of season expectations are for a mid-table finish which the board has deemed worthy of a transfer budget of 7.5k and a wage budget of 6.75k (Currently 2k).

escudo-ud-marbella-rf_11578.jpg

UD Marbella

History

UD Marbella was founded in 1997 immediately after the defunction of Club Atlético Marbella, which was born 38 years before, and was owned by Jesús Gil, also the chairman of Atlético de Madrid.

In September 2007, four years after the club reached Segunda División B for the first time, the club was taken over by leading businessmen Ian Radford & Wayne Elliott of the HI Group, an international sports, leisure, property and travel company. The teams plays its home games at Estadio Municipal de Marbella, which has a capacity of 9,000. It is a fairly basic oval-shaped stadium with one small covered stand. The club is known as Los Blanquillos.

estadiomunicipalmarbella2.jpg

marbella-football-camp-2011-21523228.jpg

So Marbella are my choice for my first crack at this years thread. As many of you may know I have a bit of a theme with my teams in that they tend to play near water and Marbella are no different. I think Marbella’s main rivals are Malaga and so my target is to overthrow the oil rich club and become the challenger to Real Madrid and Barcelona.

And so to the manager. Who is he? His name in Michael Dixon, a former La Liga and CL winner with Real Oviedo whose career was cut short by injury. Michael is back in Spain looking to make a name for himself as a manager in Spain and replicate his Oviedo success as a manager. Can he do it? Time will tell…..

Manager Info

Club History

Club Information

Let the good times roll…..

Just saw in the fan confidence that they are concerned that although I've been posting good results, the football being played by the club is 'less than exciting'.

Cheeky buggers! It's the Portuguese third division, I don't think I can get the team to play like Barcelona! Also, I'm topping the table! Can't please everyone!

Viralx - Welcome and good luck with Vianense, really hope you enjoy your time in Portugal, it is the home of some of my favourite saves, see Fafe & Evora. There is also something wrong with your stadium...namely it doesn't have an athletics track around it.

StellaF1 - Welcome back, I remember your Hospitalet save (FM09?), Lowest Rep teams, this is the way to go, good to see an athletics track so you can send your players for laps. Good Luck as you aim to win the Serie A with Seregno.

Rlips - Wooohooo, delighted to see that you are here, interesting choice of club, not a long history, but definitely some good work and replacing a former club, by water is a must. And of course the much needed athletics track. Good Luck as you race me back to the Liga BBVA.

Also German & Russian saves now added to the front page...

I only have 1 current save in Scotland (Queens Park), so if anyone holidays and gets someone else losing can they please save it on July 1st as I would like to try and get a full set of Scotland saves up there as well. Thanks.

After a shocking first save in Turkey (my head was bursting after playing for a hour with ever team name being the same) i have relocated to russia.

FC ROTOR VOLGOGRAD

Badge

On February 8, 2010, it was announced that FC Volgograd, will be renamed to FC Rotor Volgograd for 2010 and, pending licensing, will play in the Russian First Division.[2] The club was relegated back to the third-level Second Division after the 2010 season. The man chosen to take the fallen giants is unknown scottish manager Ryan Wright

The club have given Wright a transfer budget of £85k and wage budget of £14k per week as the club look to avoid relegation.

With a sqaud valuing less than £150k Wright expects a lot bargain hunting to be needed to meat the boards expectations.

Played 2 friendlies so far and so far pretty good. First was against ligue 2 side Tours FC, which i won 1-0 in the 88th minute. The 2nd was a 3-4 win over Sannois SG, the good part about it was that i was 3-0 down until around 70 odd minutes.

, 2nd goal for them is pretty good. A few more to go, including Caen and the big one, PSG.

That took way too long, not worth it, will only be uploading single goals from now, unless it's a very special win.

Edit: Done

Rlips - Wooohooo, delighted to see that you are here, interesting choice of club, not a long history, but definitely some good work and replacing a former club, by water is a must. And of course the much needed athletics track. Good Luck as you race me back to the Liga BBVA.

cheers mate - Marbella were the club i wanted and i have them so i am happy. Marbella is a bit of a tourist destination for the Brits so hopefully we can get some ex-pats in for a few matches.

Nice Charles haha, well I just got to Registration day and realised I could only have 16 players over 23...really should pay attention to these rules, of my 24 players only 3 are under 23 (And 2 of them turn 23 before deadline) - So currently have a 17 team squad (1 Under 23) with a 21yr old Striker coming tomorrow. And for some reason no U19s so I need to get myself a whole bunch of players in cheaply who are under 23, Under 19s would be good too...and I have 7 players to sell that I won't be able to use.

Viralx - Welcome and good luck with Vianense, really hope you enjoy your time in Portugal, it is the home of some of my favourite saves, see Fafe & Evora. There is also something wrong with your stadium...namely it doesn't have an athletics track around it.

TY.. and what track? that pic was taken this year. :s

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44501137@N07/5645716535/in/photostream/

Haha I was just laughing because it was the first picture of a stadium that we had seen that didn't have a running track around the outside :p

RAWR :3 gotcha .. it says it holds 15 000 but its as basic as you can get it.

--

I'm shopping free players like a crazy person. Looks like I might get a 5* swedish striker and a austrian DMC

siLKEAPE - Good luck in Italy! It's good fun there.

StellaF1 - Nice to see you back here! Good luck in Italy!

viiralx - I was considering Vianense myself because of what you mention about it being such and old club. About time they move up the divisions after over 100 years in existence. Good luck!

rlipscombe - Good luck in Spain! I like how the name of that club sounds when you say it out loud.

Amethyst21 - That's a great 2/3s table! Hope you can hold on in, and get through the playoffs as well. It can be really cruel in this division.

global1 - Good luck in Russia! Hope it'll be a better experience.

Amazing how many people are in here already! Keep it up!!

Des Tiny's AD Parla

parla.png

Pre-Season 2012/13

Second Division B3

September 1st Update

The Transfers

In Brief

In: 22 Players (Free)

Out: 21 Players (€5k)

Loans: 1 Player (No Fee)

Wages Total: €14,133 (p/w)

Wage Budget: €13,641 (p/w)

Remaining Transfers: €0

New Signings

First Team

Trevi (GK) - The Spaniard has been signed as our number one keeper, he will be backed up by our vice captain who is also a club icon. I am looking to Trevi to stop those goals that will make the difference.

Rodolfo Simoes (DL) - One of the late young signings to ensure we had a full squad, but he will start in the end.

Quique (ML) - Another of the young guys we brought in late, he will back-up the left side.

Pedrito (MC) - A solid back-up.

Memo (ST) - He was signed because we were in need of another striker to line-up with Marrero as the others just weren't quite up to standard, and Memo was outstanding. Will help lead the line.

Manu (MR/C) - The best right winger we have, the stocks of cheap right wingers was quite low, but he looks good enough in action to cross the ball to the M&Ms.

Lionel (ST) - A younger striker with a bit of potential, probably be the number one on the bench, especially as he can play both wings if necessary.

Kirill Viltsen (ST) - The Young Russian has bags of potential and falls in the U23 category, this was to his benefit as he replaced Elias in the subs, he will possibly get some opportunities, but not too many.

Juan Aranda (DR) - A young Right Back, he will be providing cover, he appears to have some pretty good skills though.

Javi Delgado (DL) - It's a bit of a harsh day for Delgado, he was the lead Right back until te day before the window closed and we brought in Simoes who took his spot, he will provide some excellent cover though.

Hector Pena (DLC) - Not the best central defender, but he is solid, and that is really what I need this season.

Guillaume Dumast (DC) - He may not be very fast, or be the best tackler, but he is great in the air, and a pretty good marker, the Frenchman is the best centre back I could find, so hopefully he can assist in getting us out of the division.

Fran Moreno (MC) - He is mentally strong even if lacking a little in the technical side, Moreno is a solid member of our midfield.

Cristo Marrero (ST) - He will be leading the line as a target man (Ball to Feet).

Butra (MLC) - The more technically sound of my midfield pairing, he will start, and hopefully be the one setting up stunning plays through the middle.

Andre Gomes (MC) - The young Portuguese player came in late when I realised I needed more players under 23, he will be playing off the bench.

Youth

Luis (MR) - The youngster is Manu's back-up and one of our few U19s, he will be called upon if needed on the right wing, but hopefully we can get by without these sort of desperate moves.

Jose Ramos (DLC) - Another youth player who will provide cover, a bucketload of potential means he might get a shot at the back.

Transfers Out

Just going to point out those that were major ones

First Team

Juan Sanchez ---> Haro for €5k (His wages were too much and he wasn't quite good enough)

Elias ---> Beassan for Free (A bit expensive, and he wasn't going to start)

The Friendlies

13.07 vs Alcobendas CF 4:3

Vega (9,34), Elias (37,76)

20.07 vs Betis San Isidro 5:0

Marrero (8), Vega (13,29), Elias (16,23)

28.07 vs UCAM 6:0

Juanfer (8), Elias (15), Butra (45), Marrero (61), Juanma (65), Pedrito (78)

05.08 at Sanse 4:3

Memo (59,64), Marrero (69), Delgado (90+4)

11.08 vs Villaviciosa 4:0

Memo (5), Marrero (13), Pena (37), Manu (86)

17.08 vs RSD Alcala 3:1

Moreno (21), Marrero (46), Memo (75)

Well 6 wins against lower opposition, the most satisfactory being the final result against another side in the 2nd Division B of Spain. Memo & Marrero are starting to look like a good combination upfront.

The Team

So without Further ado, here is the team I expect to lead Parla in the 2nd Division B this season:

GK: Trevi

DR: De la Vega, DC: Pena & Dumast, DL: Simoes

MR: Manu, MC: Butra & Moreno, ML: Juanma

ST: Marrero & Memo

We have 1500 season tickets so far, we're hoping to sell another 100, which is pretty good given the stadium only fits 4000. As always if anyone wants another screenshot, or anything at all just ask and I can provide it.

ROTOR VOLGOGRAD

Season 1

End off season review

Ryan Wright

League

Comfortable 14th out of 20 could have been a bit higher as i holidayed the final 6 or 7 games :) Struggled against the big teams and beat most of the bottom 4 home and away. Knocked out of the cup in the 7th round after a cruel defeat to CSKA Moscow took them to extra time after ending 1-1 and our keeper got injured, with no more subs available had to put an outfield player in goals before finally losing 3-1.

Board are happy with the efforts this season.

Star player

Sergey Popov

Amaizing season scoring 21 goals in 35 games led to him winning the top scorer award.

All goals coming from the right wing position as well.

Oliver Etame

Steady season for the clubs record signing. I expect him to start banging goals in next season with more creativity in midfield

Oliver Etame

Total transfer spend

In £70k

Out £14k

Summary

Petty standard season nowhere near good enough for the top clubs but with some dire teams meeting start of season objectives were easily met. Enjoyable cup run which gained us our first Prem scalp before heartbreaking defeat to CSKA.

Need a new keeper and at least one new centre back and more creativity in the centre of midfield. Finances may be problem we lost over a £1m last season and expect the wage budget to be cut. At least we have a deal in place to sell Valery Sorokin for £130,000 which will give some fund to play with.

Archived