FM12 Big Euro Nation: Small Club to Big Club Challenge

Yea, I'm a bit torn to. I get that semi-pro players can't train as much, that's only natural. But if a player is willing to be a footballer 100% even at a semi-pro club, I don't really see why not either. Anyways, nothing to do about that.

I may have a much bigger problem though. When I sign a new player and click Squad Registration it just takes me to the squad screen where "squad registration" is grayed out. I haven't been able to register a single player so far, even though the registration window is most definitely open. Really hope this isn't another but like the one in Scotland with registration and league reset dates crossing over and making it impossible to register players.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fourth pre-season game vs. recently promoted to Third Division Albacete--we're losing 0-2 home, as expected.

Then, we net the 1-2 and things get a bit more interesting. Right before the end of the match, Triviño scores the 2-2 and the crowd goes wild!

This would only be average news so far...if it wasn't because Triviño is this guy, our 40 year old goalkeeper slash keeper coach, who came out due to no other players available after an injury...and scored right away :D

This is going to be a good game :D

[video=youtube;PxXl6Su3XKQ]

That's brilliant Twellman24, what kind of goal was it? Please say a screamer from 40 yards. :D

As for my "problem", it looks like it may just be a case of wrong dates in the squad registration description on the league rules page. It says 1st of July until 30th of March, but I couldn't register anyone in July. 1st of August now though and the game told me I need to register players. So now I'm allowed to.

It's been so long since I managed in Portugal, but is it normal that the 2nd division start playing so late? Our first match is the 9th of September. With league reset being 29th of June that's more than 2 full months of preparation. It's actually kind of nice.

It's been so long since I managed in Portugal, but is it normal that the 2nd division start playing so late? Our first match is the 9th of September. With league reset being 29th of June that's more than 2 full months of preparation. It's actually kind of nice.

Pretty sure that is how I remember it, with playoffs though the season can end up going right through into the middle/late of June.

Ohanzee, you have the goal right there--I uploaded it for you guys!

I'm sorry if I'm daft, but I don't see it? Only link I find is to the attributes of Trivino? Have to admit I'm having a hard time keeping my eyes open atm though.

See i get that, but the cool thing is that I haven't seen a goalkeeper score a goal in 10 years in all the times I've had to play a GK on top (not that many but a few)--not only that, not even a near scoring chance, and it happens with FM12 in the preseason. It's good because it means the game finally recognizes that, even though a goalkeeper playing as a forward would do a very, very crappy job, it is still a human being with two legs and could potentially score. That's all :D

Yea, I see what you mean :) Actually come to think of it a striker passing the ball to a better placed player in that situation has also been very rare, at least in my games. So that's another promising thing about it.

*edit* Seen some really good passing and moving in my first friendly to. Albeit against really bad opposition.

I really like the "locks" on contract negotiations. Been able to get several players on lower wages than they keep demanding by locking it down after a few rounds.

Still waiting for the postman to deliver my copy.

Gives me time to think where I want to go. Discounting France, Italy and Spain as I've done them previously, where should I go? More tempted my Germany or Portugal, thoughts?

Greyed Out Man - Well if you want convincing I would suggest going back and reading some of the FM09/10/11 threads and just see the community that was built up, in this thread there will always be support whether you have a great game going or a rough spell. Relegation or Promotion we'll live it with you.

PRDH - Portugal!!! (I'm even wearing my AD Fafe Jersey today)

LLR - I thought you might say that! I was erring in that direction anyway, the only thing tempting about Germany is that no one has been there yet, and I briefly started a game there last game before the Spain 'yellow card' bug got fixed. Where did you get the Fafe Jersey? I've looked for Domegliara, Romorantin and Pajara Playas kits online, but never found them.

Greyed Out Man - I'd echo what LLR said. The support here is second to none. I think it's helped by there being slightly fewer players than in dafuge's wich means you can get to know more about the players and managers. Join us!

LLR - Where did you get the Fafe Jersey? I've looked for Domegliara, Romorantin and Pajara Playas kits online, but never found them.

Back in 2009 I emailed the Marketing Manager of the club and using google translate we managed to discuss me getting a shirt, I sent the money by international bank transfer and they shipped it to the far side of the world :) Just awesome...

Adam Le God's Spanish adventure.

Racing Club De Ferrol S.A.D

2012-13

Badge.png

Personal

Club Info

Expectations

Star Player

Following on from their recent promotion to the Spanish second division B1, Ferrol have decided to appoint the inexperienced Welsh manager Tom Jones, whose only

prior experience of the game has come from playing for a local pub team back home. The decision by the board has come under major scrutiny from club fans who are

questioning the logic behind the move for Jones.

The history of football in Ferrol is associated to the shipbuilding yards, workshops, foundries and drydocks and the British technical advisors, hired to work locally who used to play against existing teams.

Racing Ferrol Football Club traced its origins back to June 1919, first competing in national championships ten years later, and fluctuating in the following decades between the second - first presence in 1939–40 - and third divisions. In 1977–78, the Galicians won the inaugural edition of Segunda División B and promoted again, only to be immediately relegated back.

It would not until the year 2000 that the club would again reach the second level, going on to spend there five of the following six years. In 2006–07, the club gained promotion to the second division in the playoffs, with a 2–1 aggregate win against Alicante CF. In the following season, Racing finished fourth from the bottom and dropped back to the third division, and to the fourth only two years later.

Ferrol have spent 34 seasons in the LIGA Adelante and have one major honour to their name: a runners up spot in the Copa Del Ray of 1939.

Great opening post mate, superb.

I've been (unofficially) competing in your FM11 challenge with my Mantova side and as we're on the brink of Serie A I don't think I can give up on them just yet.....I will be back for FM12 though, I assure you.

I hope your save games won't be riddled with bugs before the first patch comes out!

Cheers

saab693

I think you've convinced me. I'm planning to play with England and one other league (one of these leagues) because I want to have a look at some of the possible Dafuge teams too in case I play that later in the season. Can anyone recommend a good league to play in? Ideally I want one with as few restrictions as possible (i.e. as close to the English structure as it gets). Suggestions?

PS

I'm also going to use the editor to change competition names. It really bugs me that FM has the "Champions Cup" and the "Premier Division". But that is all I will be using the editor for.

Have made a French save which gives me different teams each time? i know it says to load all leagues, but surely in this case it's ok?

Also if you go to France or any countries season summary, it tells you who got promoted from the league below, hopefully this is an easier way to check for a newly promoted team

Edit: the same teams keep getting promoted after 3 reloads

Bursa Nilufer S.A.S.

bursafd.jpg

Manager Profile

Manager Information

Team Report

Squad List

Overview

Team Information

The game seems to think they were formed in 1999 but everywhere else I have seen is saying 2008 (including the team badge) so I am more inclined to believe that.

A lowly Northern Irish manager given his first chance at football management by the board of recently promoted Bursa Nilüfer S.A.Ş. Stuart Wilson stands here today proclaiming to the fans that not only will he keep them in the league this season but he will play attractive, attacking football as he does it.

After telling the board he is confident of a mid table position they have given him 14.41k to spend on players with a wage budget of 12.5k per week, with the club currently only spending 2,641 per week on wages the manager has a lot of freedom to change this side around into one capable of challenging the bigger teams in the league.

The team is already quite strong and with my scout already on his way scouring South Europe for new talent it is looking good for the coming season.

GreyedOutMan - Ah yes, sorry. Well the issue with what you seem to be proposing (I may be wrong) is that you'll have more that one league running at one time, which I'm afraid isn't allowed.

Otherwise, purely in terms of leagues - I've played in France, Italy and Spain and enjoyed them all. France is slightly trickier at continental level as players want to go to one of the bigger leagues, but Italy/Spain are harder at league level because the huge teams can be tricky to knock off the top. Italy has slightly aggravating rules - the one non-EU player a year rule can be annoying.

Hmmm from what you've said I think I'm going to go for France. I've played Dafuge's challenge several times and never got beyond league two, so a slightly easier domestic league is probably better than finding things a little easier when you start to really hit the heights of European football.....

Can anyone recommend a good league to play in? Ideally I want one with as few restrictions as possible (i.e. as close to the English structure as it gets). Suggestions?

I dunno about being close to the English structure, but in terms of few restrictions on players nationality at least Portugal and Germany are as open as it gets. I suspect this is why Germany is so popular each year. You can sign players from pretty much anywhere, and the money is well above average. There's also screens of league rules for all top divisions in the first post of this thread if you wanna have a look.

PRDH - Glad you didn't have to hunt down the postman and do bad things to his backpack. :D

Adam "Le God" - Good luck in Spain! :thup:

Veriloquent - Good luck in Turkey! :thup:

GreyedOutMan - I think it's the 19th of June now. But try saving a week before that just in case. It's most likely 19th or 20th though.

Almondo - Keep the faith! All of a sudden you'll win 6 in a row. :)

ClydeFClogo.jpg

In Scotland, Clyde FC have appointed a relatively unknown Australian by the name of Rodney Walsh as new manager of the club following two consecutive 10th place finishes in the Scottish Third Division.

Clyde were formed in 1877 and currently play at the Broadwood Stadium in Cumbernauld. The club was regular members of the Scottish top division up until the mid 1970s and finished as high as third in 1908/09, 1911/12 and 1966/67. They have reached the Scottish Cup Final on six occasions, lifting the famous trophy in 1939, 1955 and 1958.

Almondo, if it makes you feel any better, yesterday I played my first league game. We were winning 1-2 at Alicante (promotion favorites), told the gang to "keep at it" passionately. Minute 50, direct red card to my RB, and we lose the game 3-2. The tone system is definitely going to take a while to get used to.

T24

Hmm having holidayed too far and been uninspired by any of the appearing teams, I'm going to give it a go in France now. Holidaying as we speak.

EDT: Going to install FM on my desktop so I can play a Chelsea game on my laptop while waiting for it to install and holiday through. Any tips on managing in France?

Pacy_Vall__e_d_Eure_Football-logo-073211A9E1-seeklogo.com.gif

Pacy Vallee-d'Eure June 2012

Manager

Personal

Team

Overview

Information

Squad

Team Report

First Season

Expectations: Avoid Relegation

Wage Budget: £10.2k/£12.25k

Transfer Budget: £16.7k

Background: Founded in 1932, Pacy-Vallee d'Eure Football are a semi-professional French club currently playing in the French National. The club play their home games at Stade Pacy-Menilles (2,400att) and posses adequate training facilities and very basic youth facilities. The club also has fairly basic junior coaching and a basic youth recruitment network. The club is affectionately known as Le PVEF.

Although they have never won a competition, the club are enjoying probably their best spell of success this decade.

Hopefully i can do well and enjoy this game and it'd be great if i could try and stick to a quick and "pacy" game ;)

Also hope everything is correct and that not loading CFA was ok.

Almondo, if it makes you feel any better, yesterday I played my first league game. We were winning 1-2 at Alicante (promotion favorites), told the gang to "keep at it" passionately. Minute 50, direct red card to my RB, and we lose the game 3-2. The tone system is definitely going to take a while to get used to.

T24

Ouch that makes my little run seem like a minor problem. I do agree that the tome system is going to take a while to get used to. Although I do seem to have picked the division where a couple of the La Liga B teams are as i've played Osasuna B and Bilbao Athletic in those first 6 games.

Trevanator - Good luck in Russia!

RyMaX - Good luck in Scotland!

Charlesbeams - Good luck in France!

Great to see so many people have a go at this! :thup:

I just played my first competitive match, Taca de Portugal 1st round against Boavista. Not the good Boavista though, but the non-league Boavista S.M. I was expected to win by 3-4 goals apparently, but only managed a scrappy 4-3. We conceded 2 own goals and a penalty. I hope that type of defending is not a sign of things to come, but at least my strikers seem to be ready for action.

Right, I've picked a club, following on from my adventure in the Canary Islands last year, I've gone even further afield this time. Heading to the Azores. It's the most western point of Europe (I think) which I think is quite a cool motivation for the challenge. Here is the first post:

7000008.png

Lusitânia Açores

Press Conference

Cláudio Gomes, Chairman: "Welcome to Angra do Heroísmo on the the beautiful island of Terceira in the Atlantic island group of the Azores, a distant outpost of Europe far west of the continental mainland. We, the Lusitânia Açores board, have called this press conference to confirm a new managerial appointment. We are delighted to announce the appointment of Pete Harmer (Manager Information | Manager Profile) to be our new manager as we embark on an exciting new era for the club after promotion to the Portuguese Second Division - South. That is the end of our prepared statement. Does anyone have any questions"

Journalist: "Hi, yes. I was wondering whether you would like to give us any information on the club as it stands after this appointment."

CG: "With pleasure. Here is a printed list of the Squad, a brief detailing of the Club Information and a presentation on the Club Profile."

Journalist: "Thanks, now, Pete, could you tell us what made you pick Lusitânia Açores?"

Pete Harmer, new manager of Lusitânia Açores: "With pleasure. I doubt I need to tell you of the amazing beauty of this spot, and the long history there is here. It really is a great place to live."

J: "What about in terms of football though?"

PH: "Good question. Well, it's not a hotbed of footballing history, but I believe I am the man to change that. I am excited by the challenge of getting this club from the westernmost point of Europe to the continent's top table. The Champions' League."

J: "That's a pretty lofty ambition, do you really believe you can manage that?"

PH: "Son, if I didn't think I could, I'd never have taken this job on. I want to build a dynasty. I want to set about toppling the likes of Porto, Benfica and Sporting from the top of Portuguese football and when I've done that I'm going to go after the likes of Barcelona, AC Milan and Bayern Munchen."

J: "Well, it sounds like you've got a lot of work to do, I won't keep you any longer."

Club Information

Founded in 1922, we are a semi-professional side with adequate training facilities, very basic youth training facilities, basic junior coaching, a limited youth recruitment network and no corporate facilities at all. Fantastic!

I've been given a transfer budget of, wait for it, £0 and a wage budget of £2,400 p/w with the club currently spending £751 p/w of that. The finances show a total bank balance of £35,200. We. Are. Loaded!

As you can see, the club has a 10,000 capacity stadium, only 7,000 seats, called the Estádio João Paulo II. The playing surface is grass, and as the below picture shows, it open on three sides with an athletics track.

ejpII%20-%201%20-%20hd.jpg

The club's only success of note so far is finishing third in the 2011 Third Division - Azores. It is, therefore, a club with a totally empty trophy cabinet. One which is waiting to be filled.

With our only rival, Angrense, sitting in the the Second Division - Central, it is unlikely that we'll have a big derby this season.

Miscellaneous Background Information

42.jpg

The club's location, Angra do Heroísmo, is an idyllic one. Located on the coast of Terceira, one of the largest islands of the Azores, it has a population of around 21,300 people, while the surrounding area lifts this number up to 35,581 while the island in total has 56,000 residents. It is the historic capital of the Azores and the archipelago's oldest city - it dates back to 1450. Noted for it's fine architecture, it was designated a UNESCO World Heritage site in 1983, this will surely be a big draw for the world's finest players.

Archived