FM 2012: Manchester United team guide - CHAMP19NS and the most decorated club in England!

Fabio MVP

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This game makes no sense some times. I went on a 19 game unbeaten streak in the PL and then all of the sudden out of no where I can't win against anyone. I've not went 5 or 6 games and have tied every single one of them. I'll dominate and create 4 or 5 CC and have 60% possession and still tie 2-2.

Played a few games...Community Shield plus three league games.

Man City 0-3 Man Utd (Ferdinand, Nani, Rooney)- Community Shield

Man City 1-1 Man Utd (Hernandez)

Man Utd 9-0 Sunderland (Hernandez x3, Rooney x3, Nani, Fletcher x2)

Wolves 1-1 Man Utd (Ferdinand)

Not a bad start, not sure whether I am being abit too negative away from home with those two league results. Obviously happy with the draw at Citeh but maybe I could be abit more attacking at teams like Wolves. Hammered Sunderland, some of the stuff we played was just orgasmic. Gave Pogba his first start at Wolves, did quite well...trying to copy SAF by finding Scholsey's replacement from within the club. Liking the look of Ross Barkley though.

Played a few games...Community Shield plus three league games.

Man City 0-3 Man Utd (Ferdinand, Nani, Rooney)- Community Shield

Man City 1-1 Man Utd (Hernandez)

Man Utd 9-0 Sunderland (Hernandez x3, Rooney x3, Nani, Fletcher x2)

Wolves 1-1 Man Utd (Ferdinand)

Not a bad start, not sure whether I am being abit too negative away from home with those two league results. Obviously happy with the draw at Citeh but maybe I could be abit more attacking at teams like Wolves. Hammered Sunderland, some of the stuff we played was just orgasmic. Gave Pogba his first start at Wolves, did quite well...trying to copy SAF by finding Scholsey's replacement from within the club. Liking the look of Ross Barkley though.

9 - 0 against Sunderland, wow, nice :applause:

Other teams identified you as a danger, so they are adjusting to your tactics. You need to be more aggressive with your tactics and more demanding. Any complacency in your team?

No no complacency really and it wasn't like we were performing poorly. We were playing great football, we just couldn't pull out the wins. That stretch is going to end up costing me the Premiership. Man City don't lost to anyone but my team really and they have a four point lead on me with a few games left. I'll be posting a whole first season update once I finish the year. I'm just about the play Barca in the Champions League Sem, should be interesting.

Season 1 Overview

Transfers Out

Michael Carrick: 5 million

Park Ji Sung: 4.7 million

Transfers In

Mark Marin: 20 million

Marouane Fellaini: 22 million

Vaclav Kadlec: 5.5 million

Bruma: 1.4 million

2011/2012 Premiership

Screenshot2011-10-22at95733PM.png

Team Stats

Screenshot2011-10-22at95920PM.png

Awards

2011/2012 Premiership Trophy

FA Cup Trophy

2011/2012 Manager of the Year

Team of the Year included: Ashley Young, Nani, Javier Hernandez, Wayne Rooney, and Nemanja Vidic

Anyone having whining crap from Morrison on his training workload?

I had a private chat with him to work harder in training, bugger snubbed my suggestion.

Bloody realistic this game!

Unable to get anyone to tutor him at the moment, am I missing something?

Just completed my first season, won the league comfortably with 94 points, beat wolves in the carling cup, beat swansea in the fa cup and tonked Barca 4-1 in the champions league. Hernandez my best performer by far with 43 apps and 43 goals

First season I signed Vrsaljko and Barkley and sold PIG, Diouf and Gibson. Second season sold Carrick 7.5mil and Park 5mil, promoted Pogba and Morrison into the first team along with some regen signings for the future.

I've also managed to get my staff numbers up and am currently on 53, the more the merrier :D

Bloody realistic this game!

Unable to get anyone to tutor him at the moment, am I missing something?

Just got Valencia (17 determination) to tutor him in the beginning of the 2nd season after a few failed attempts with other tutors during the 1st season

End of 2011/12 Season Review

Transfers

In

Mbaye Niang - £6.5m

6 regens - £21m

Out

Berbatov - £10m - Inter

Kuszczak - £2.1m - Real Madrid

Diouf - £4m - Lazio

Gibson - free (retired)

Competitions

Community Shield

Beat City 3-2

Premier League

premierleaguenumber20.png

League Cup

Beat Barnsley, Fulham, Birmingham, Liverpool and Blackburn on the way to lifting the trophy.

FA Cup

Beat Stevenage and Port Vale in the 3rd and 4th rounds.

Drew with Liverpool at Anfield to force a replay where we destroyed them 8-0! at Old Trafford. Our best result of the season.

Dispatched Wolves and Brighton in the Quarters and Semis.

Came up against Chelsea in the final and got beat 3-0 despite having more chances. Definitely the low point of a great season.

Champions League

Got a tough group with Shakhtar, Olympiakos and Napoli. We managed to win all 6 games beating runners up Napoli 5-3 at the San Paulo.

First knockout round was a favourable draw against surprise package FC Kobenhavn but they were brushed aside 8-0 on aggregate.

The Quarter Finals saw us drawn against Real Madrid in a clash of the titans affair. In the first leg at the Bernabeu we were 3-0 up at half time but collapsed in the 2nd half and it ended 3-3. At Old trafford Fletcher was sent off in the first half and Madrid piled on the pressure but we held on and Madrid combusted with Albiol and Ramos seeing red and their young substiture scoring an own goal to put us into the semis.

In the Semi final we faced Valencia who we defeated 5-2 on aggregate without any problems.

It was an all English tie at the Allianz Arena in the final as we took on Arsenal. Hernandez gave us an early lead but Arshavin equalised almost immediately. Koscielny then put Arsenal ahead just before half time so I brought Anderson on for Giggs at half time which proved to be a good decision as he struck the equaliser 4 minutes after the restart. It was a very tight game and with time running out I thought we were heading for extra time before Rooney scored the winner to give us our 4th champions league trophy!

Players

playerratings1112.png

Hernandez and Young were the star players as you can see.

Pogba was very impressive when he played and is progressing wonderfully.

Mbaye Niang scored 9 first team goals in 8 appearances and 52 in 40 for the reserves/u18s so he will be moved into the first team for next season.

Overall I am very pleased with the season and hope it continues for the next one. :D

That looks very impressive mate.

What tactic are you playing?

What managerial experience did you start with? (eg sunday league, pro etc?)

I'm find all my playing have fair to poor morale...probably as I started my game as former sunday league player!

Yes that will be why the morale is low, I started with International footballer experience and it was superb all season.

I play a 4-2-2-2.

How's everyone been using Morrison and Pogba? They haven't been performing well the odd times I've thrown them into the first team. FWIW, I'm using Morrison in AMC as an attacking midfielder with attack duty and Pogba as a central midfielder with defend duty.
this two guys can't find any minutes in my team even if LC, I have Carrick and Bender bought with 8m

How's everyone been using Morrison and Pogba? They haven't been performing well the odd times I've thrown them into the first team. FWIW, I'm using Morrison in AMC as an attacking midfielder with attack duty and Pogba as a central midfielder with defend duty.

Morrison - Winger (attack)

Pogba - Advanced playmaker (support)

Mid-season review:

A good first half to the season, has seen us lose only once in the league and through to the knockout stages of the Champions league, from a group including AC Milan and Ajax. The youth players and reserves were unfortunately not enough for Chelsea in the League Cup fourth round going down gamely 3 – 1.

I have set up three formations, though more often than not we play a 4-2-2-2 formation with attacking wingers and Rooney as the attacking catalyst.

I have overhauled the coaching staff and now have a minimum of 4* in all areas and 5* for the fitness coaching which should help us towards the end of the season as the players should stay fresher for longer. I have the experienced player tutoring some of the youngsters who are coming on well.

Premiership

Only one blip so far this season a 3-0 capitulation against Newcastle, who scored with their only three shots on target after Jonny Evans was sent off early and Rooney missed his third penalty in a row (needless to say he has now been removed from that duty). We have also had some very good results, opening the season against Norwich with a 7 – 0 demolition Owen with a second half hat-trick. We followed this up with a 5 – 1 victory over Wolves at Old Trafford. The fourth game of the season, saw us play host to Liverpool in an early season cracker, lit up by a Mexican firecracker as Hernandez smashed home a hat-trick in a 3 – 1 victory. In match day seven first played second as Chelsea visited the theatre of dreams with both teams 100% at the final whistle we stood alone at the top with a 2 – 0 triumph with goals by Ferdinand and the excellent Valencia.

Our first league defeat followed this as we went down 3-0 at St. James Park. After this we went 8 games unbeaten, grabbing a point away at Man City. This was all ended with a shock 1-0 defeat at QPR following an atrocious performance by some of the fringe players as I rested ahead of a home fixture with Arsenal. Pogba getting himself sent off after only 6 minutes. The final game of the of the first half of the year saw us take on an Arsenal team lying in 6th and gain a good 1 – 0 victory thanks to a goal from Valencia.

midleaguetable.th.jpg

Champions League:

We were drawn with AC Milan, Ajax and Otelul in this group, though it would be tough I was fully expecting us to progress at the top of the table and we managed, though we had a few questionable performances.

Match day One, saw us travel to Romania and conquer Otelul with a 5-0 thumping Welbeck marking his first start with a hat-trick.

Match day Two, was a home match against Milan it did not go well as we fell to a 4-1 defeat with Robinho putting us to the sword. Simply put the team was not good enough.

Match day Three, A stunning 5-3 away victory against Ajax that had everything a Hernandez hat-trick, a missed Wayne Rooney penalty and sending off.

Match day Four, the reverse fixture against the Dutch giants was a little more straight forward with a 4-0 win at Old Trafford, this sent us through to the knockout stages, it was now a straight fight between us and Milan to top the group.

Match day five, Otelul were up next at Old Trafford, an under strength side struggled to a 1-1 draw

Match day Six, the game that would decide the group winners, away at Milan. A superb performance from Antonio Valencia lead us to a 3-0 victory and first place.

champsleague.th.jpg

League Cup

I tried to bed in some of the youngsters and youth in this competition, we started well with 3-1 victory over Hull, Macheda notching up a double. However the next round threw up Chelsea at Stamford Bridge and the players could not compete with the quality of their first team.

Squad Analysis

Top Scorers:

Javier Hernandez 12

Wayne Rooney 10

Antonio Valencia 9

Rio Ferdinand 8

Most Assists:

Wayne Rooney 8

Antonio Valencia 7

Ashley Young 7

Ryan Giggs 7

Average Ratings:

Antonio Valencia 7.86

Rio Ferdinand 7.69

Patrice Evra 7.53

Rafeal 7.45

Best player so far: Antonio Valencia.

i hope everyone sells evans and fletcher after todays displayed! useless!

The whole team has been rather poor, dont blame just 2 players.

But if you feel that way, why dont you become a columbian style fan and say you want to take them out back and shoot them"!!!!!

Yes it is a bad day for us, but it early in the season and things didnt go our way in the first half. And to be honest, at this stage of the season we never normally in the position we currently are

I actually thought Anderson and fletcher were doing ok in the middle. Both busy closing down and scum were not getting loads of joy. Dare I say this but fergie needs to shoulder some blame. Against a 3 man midfield as good as they have then jones should have been bought on as soon as Evans dismissed. Playing Rooney in there is suicide against the quality they have.

The whole team has been rather poor, dont blame just 2 players.

But if you feel that way, why dont you become a columbian style fan and say you want to take them out back and shoot them"!!!!!

Yes it is a bad day for us, but it early in the season and things didnt go our way in the first half. And to be honest, at this stage of the season we never normally in the position we currently are

Evans has never had a decent game in a United shirt. and Fletch has lost it after his illness. The team has been poor, but Evans, Fletch, Carrick and Berbaflop dont deserve to be in United shirts this season. not up to the standard.

Evans has never had a decent game in a United shirt. and Fletch has lost it after his illness. The team has been poor, but Evans, Fletch, Carrick and Berbaflop dont deserve to be in United shirts this season. not up to the standard.

How can you say that about Berbatov, he hasn't even hardly played so your wrong and Fletcher needs games, he will get better.

All those above, i'm not a city fan. Just a mere Liverpool fan who enjoys Ferguson's pain.

Out of curiosity in Fm 12 how is Pogba? Tempted to bring him on loan to Newcastle for a few seasons and wondered if anyone had gotten far enough to enjoy some purchase from him?

It just proves we need world class midfielders. Even on FM how many of us stick with Anderson, Fletcher, Giggs, Carrick, Gibson etc...we don't, we all buy world class replacementS. Obviously on a game its easier to do but its just so obvious where we are lacking. Nevermind I plan on smashing Citeh on FM later :)

All those above, i'm not a city fan. Just a mere Liverpool fan who enjoys Ferguson's pain.

Out of curiosity in Fm 12 how is Pogba? Tempted to bring him on loan to Newcastle for a few seasons and wondered if anyone had gotten far enough to enjoy some purchase from him?

He can become class if he gets played, you should try and sign him :thup:

United will win league, Citeh took advantage of poor defending, sending off killed u lot, Aldershot next? then Everton then Us... just take it easy on us.

We don't stand a chance at the moment unless our defense improves quite significantly.

Archived