The npower championship thread 2011/12

Powlay

Not too fussed about his contract, we've shed about 5x that off the wage bill over the last few days anyway, and G&S have *claimed* they'll be filling the holes left by relegation financially.

I think that will be Nouble, heard something like that when we first signed him but it only seemed to be paper talk. We've sent him out on loan constantly so I'm hoping he'll get a few chances this year.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not too fussed about his contract, we've shed about 5x that off the wage bill over the last few days anyway, and G&S have *claimed* they'll be filling the holes left by relegation financially.

I think that will be Nouble, heard something like that when we first signed him but it only seemed to be paper talk. We've sent him out on loan constantly so I'm hoping he'll get a few chances this year.

You're not concerned that you're paying a fat 28 year old 60k p/w for 5 years :eek:? That's ridiculous wages and you'll never be able to shift him in a few years when you no longer need him. It's just like when you couldn't shift all your high earning dead wood previously.

Whenever I've seen him, he's looked dreadful...

Yeah thats the one Nouble, £15k a week for him is massivly huge when you look at a lot of championship wages, but apparently West ham have always been one of the bigger wage payers.

Isn't Nouble one of those players who excelled at youth level purely because he was so much stronger/faster/bigger than everyone else but it's debatable whether he'll ever be good enough technically (or mentally) to excel at senior level?

Isn't Nouble one of those players who excelled at youth level purely because he was so much stronger/faster/bigger than everyone else but it's debatable whether he'll ever be good enough technically (or mentally) to excel at senior level?

That's definitely how it appears... I wouldn't say he was worth 15k/week

• SI Staff

Does it really matter who posts the first post? Dearie me.

I'm in here this season. Looks easy.

Who does the legendary ROESIDER support? Fellow Bluenoses are JayMusa, PlyMyPrettiesFly, the man who makes Powlay seem like Kriss Akabusi (pop shot), peter-emo (is that username hack still funny?) and mcsheffrey (that username is definitely funny) so please add them to the list.

BBC sport reporter David Ornstein on Twitter 30 minutes ago...

"Oxlade-Chamberlain update - I'm realiably informed Southampton have received no bids or even inquiries for the player"

:cool:

Yet again the Daily Mirror and Daily Mail are wrong...

Still doubtful about our chances of keeping him but if we did, I'd start to fancy us at 16/1.

Leeds at home first game...Not bad, should be a good test and fancy our chances but after that we play pretty much every tipped team in the first 10 weeks. Ipswich, Leicester, Forest, Birmingham, Burnley, Cardiff, West Ham.

Pretty much my understanding of him, yeah. I think when I spoke to Rolfe about him he agreed, too.

Oh, and didnt people call Ronaldo fat too?

Pretty much my understanding of him, yeah. I think when I spoke to Rolfe about him he agreed, too.

Oh, and didnt people call Ronaldo fat too?

Are you really comparing Ronaldo to Kevin Nolan :D? Think he's a good signing for you tbh just think the contract is well INSANE tbh.

Does it really matter who posts the first post? Dearie me.

I'm in here this season. Looks easy.

Who does the legendary ROESIDER support? Fellow Bluenoses are JayMusa, PlyMyPrettiesFly, the man who makes Powlay seem like Kriss Akabusi (pop shot), peter-emo (is that username hack still funny?) and mcsheffrey (that username is definitely funny) so please add them to the list.

Bitch :( There's the new lad Samjtbrfc aswell.

Very true... but those 10 games look tough. After your first 2 it eases up a bit doesn't it?

I certainly wouldn't call it easy, got a fair few pretty hard fixtures early on tbh. But then looking at the table I can't see many non-hard fixtures!

Oh and here's hoping McSheffrey score's at St Andrews in August so I can laugh at the user :D.

I certainly wouldn't call it easy, got a fair few pretty hard fixtures early on tbh. But then looking at the table I can't see many non-hard fixtures!

Yeah I think the same.. Best thing about the league - anyone can beat anyone pretty much.

Apologies for the delay on the safety wink, thought we'd be alright without it: ;)

If its coming out of G&S's pockets, which it is, then theres not much for me to be concerned about. More excited about this signing than I have been about any in a long time, so fretting about whether or not The Sun has got his wages right isnt on my mind at the moment :D

Barnsley

Player to watch out for this season:

Dream Season:

Nightmare Season:

Best Ground ( other than your own ) in the league:

Worst Ground in the league:

Most Hated Team in the League:

Where should Away fans go before the game?:

Birmingham City - supplied by mcsheffreygreat

Player to watch out for this season: Eeeerrrmmm, Beausejour probably. Don't know what our squad will be like as of right now so probably too premture to answer that really.

Dream Season: Getting promoted.

Nightmare Season: Getting relegated. :D

Best Ground ( other than your own ) in the league: Of those that I've been to, Reading.

Worst Ground in the league: Burnley. The away end is horrible and the huge-ass seats are really uncomfortable.

Most Hated Team in the League: Probably Millwall/West Ham.

Where should Away fans go before the game?: Dunno, am underage so never go to pubs before hand. If you're up early then go for a tinker around the Bullring or something.

Blackpool

Dream Season:

Nightmare Season:

Brighton & Hove Albion

Dream Season:

Nightmare Season:

Bristol City

Dream Season:

Nightmare Season:

Burnley - supplied by Phil Holden

Player to watch out for this season: Jay Rodriguez

Dream Season: Promotion, preferably automatic.

Nightmare Season: Provided we have a stable season without losing any major players or our manager, I'd be disappointed with anything outside of the play-offs.

Best Ground ( other than your own ) in the league: Elland Road

Worst Ground in the league: Ricoh Arena. Looks alright, but has the atmosphere of a funeral home and always seems to be freezing, regardless of the time of year.

Most Hated Team in the League: Leeds.

Where should Away fans go before the game?: Probably the cricket club. I belive that's a pretty away friendly place.

Cardiff City

Dream Season:

Nightmare Season:

Coventry City - supplied by Gspot

Player to watch out for this season: Ben Turner - was the best CB in the league last year (according to the castrol rankings he was the best player in the league when he got injured) until a season ending injury

Dream Season: Making the play-offs

Nightmare Season: Going into administration and getting relegated

Worst Ground in the league: Oakwell (Barnsley)

Most Hated Team in the League: None really . Will say Leicester.

Where should Away fans go before the game?: The away pub

Crystal Palace

Dream Season:

Nightmare Season:

Derby County

Dream Season:

Nightmare Season:

Doncaster Rovers

Dream Season:

Nightmare Season:

Hull City - supplied by TigerChris

Player to watch out for this season: Corry Evans

Dream Season: Champions

Nightmare Season: Relegation

Best Ground ( other than your own ) in the league: Brighton's new stadium

Worst Ground in the league: Ashton Gate

Most Hated Team in the League: Leeds/Milwall

Where should Away fans go before the game?: No pubs around the ground that allow Away supporters in that i'm aware of. City Centre is only a 10 minute walk away though.

Ipswich Town

Dream Season:

Nightmare Season:

Leeds United - supplised by englandmanager

Player to watch out for this season: max gradel

Dream Season: promotion

Nightmare Season: relegation

Best Ground ( other than your own ) in the league: city ground (full of history and not plastic bowl)

Worst Ground in the league: brighton (old one)

Most Hated Team in the League: millwall

Where should Away fans go before the game?: the drysalters

Leicester City

Dream Season:

Nightmare Season:

Middlesbrough

Dream Season:

Nightmare Season:

Millwall

Dream Season:

Nightmare Season:

Nottingham Forest supplied by sebs

Player to watch out for this season: Jamaal Lascelles. come on the new dawson!

Dream Season: 1st

Nightmare Season: 22nd

Best Ground ( other than your own ) in the league: bloomfield road. rocking. in blackpool.

Worst Ground in the league: keepmoat, doncaster. dead to the world. in doncaster.

Most Hated Team in the League: um, derby. obviously. and whilst i don't particularly hate leeds, simon grayson can rot.

Where should Away fans go before the game?: round meadow lane i gather there are pubs for away fans

where could away fans park (for free)?: park on the residential streets in west bridgford. 10-15 min walk to the ground from there.

Peterborough United

Dream Season:

Nightmare Season:

Portsmouth

Dream Season:

Nightmare Season:

Reading - supplied by erik86

Player to watch out for this season: Jimmy Kebe (if he stays) or Jake Taylor (if he can break into the team)

Dream Season: Top 2

Best Ground ( other than your own ) in the league: Brighton hopefully as it's brand new

Worst Ground in the league: Ashton Gate (Bristol City)

Most Hated Team in the League: Cardiff or Leeds

Where should Away fans go before the game?: We're really bad with that... The pub outside the train station (no where near the ground) is where people tend to go I think.

Southampton - supplied by the annoying southampton fan

Player to watch out for this season: Alex Chamberlain

Dream Season: Doing a Norwich

Nightmare Season: Losing to Portsmouth

Best Ground ( other than your own ) in the league: Brighton's (obviously never been there but it does look pretty good)

Worst Ground in the league: Fratton Park

Most Hated Team in the League: Portsmouth

Where should Away fans go before the game?: I have no idea which pub's are designated for away fans.

Watford

Dream Season:

Nightmare Season:

West Ham United - supplied by MrDiCanio

Player to watch out for this season: Kevin Nolan

Dream Season: Promotion

Nightmare Season: Losing to Millwall in playoff final

Worst Ground in the league: London Road

Most Hated Team in the League: Millwall

Where should Away fans go before the game?: The Central I think.

Would be quite funny if I decided to ignore CMS' thread now :D. However Powlay seems to be refusing to change the Southampton stuff so I think I'll side with CMS.

It would certainly be less busy with the amount you post... :)

It would certainly be less busy with the amount you post... :)

Yeah well I like the championship thread :). It's a place where on a whole everyone get's along and we can have a proper football discussion and can act as a democracy even if Powlay doesn't like it.

Yeah well I like the championship thread :). It's a place where on a whole everyone get's along and we can have a proper football discussion and can act as a democracy even if Powlay doesn't like it.

Yeah I wasn't saying I minded... The more discussion the better imo...

right, i have also put a little guide for each team in the second post, if someone from each team would just take a second to answer the question, that would be great :) ( im aware we may have a few blank spaces on there, if so, then i will do them :D )

right, i have also put a little guide for each team in the second post, if someone from each team would just take a second to answer the question, that would be great :) ( im aware we may have a few blank spaces on there, if so, then i will do them :D )

Player to watch out for? Such a cruel question :(.

Leeds United

Player to watch out for this season: max gradel

Dream Season: promotion

Nightmare Season: relegation

Best Ground ( other than your own ) in the league: city ground (full of history and not a plastic bowl)

Worst Ground in the league: brighton (old one)

Most Hated Team in the League: millwall

Where should Away fans go before the game?: the drysalters

Right - I'll give it a go for Reading but I'm up for it being changed if my fellow Royals fans disagree.

Player to watch out for this season: Jimmy Kebe (if he stays) or Jake Taylor (if he can break into the team)

Dream Season: Top 2

Best Ground ( other than your own ) in the league: Brighton hopefully as it's brand new

Worst Ground in the league: Ashton Gate (Bristol City)

Most Hated Team in the League: Cardiff or Leeds

Where should Away fans go before the game?: We're really bad with that... The pub outside the train station (no where near the ground) is where people tend to go I think.

Player to watch out for this season: Eeeerrrmmm, Beausejour probably. Don't know what our squad will be like as of right now so probably too premture to answer that really.

Dream Season: Getting promoted.

Nightmare Season: Getting relegated. :D

Best Ground ( other than your own ) in the league: Of those that I've been to, Reading.

Worst Ground in the league: Burnley. The away end is horrible and the huge-ass seats are really uncomfortable.

Most Hated Team in the League: Probably Millwall/West Ham.

Where should Away fans go before the game?: Dunno, am underage so never go to pubs before hand. If you're up early then go for a tinker around the Bullring or something.

Edit; if you're asking for the POV of the majority of fans and not just mine then the other guys can feel free to change any of that.

Southampton

Player to watch out for this season: Alex Chamberlain

Dream Season: Doing a Norwich

Nightmare Season: Losing to Portsmouth

Best Ground ( other than your own ) in the league: Brighton's (obviously never been there but it does look pretty good)

Worst Ground in the league: Fratton Park

Most Hated Team in the League: Portsmouth

Where should Away fans go before the game?: I have no idea which pubs are designated for away fans.

Hull City

Player to watch out for this season: Corry Evans

Dream Season: Champions

Best Ground ( other than your own ) in the league: Brighton's new stadium

Worst Ground in the league: Ashton Gate

Most Hated Team in the League: Leeds/Milwall

Where should Away fans go before the game?: No pubs around the ground that allow Away supporters in that i'm aware of. City Centre is only a 10 minute walk away though.

Coventry City

Player to watch out for this season: Ben Turner - was the best CB in the league last year (according to the castrol rankings he was the best player in the league when he got injured) until a season ending injury

Best Ground ( other than your own ) in the league: Elland Road (Leeds)

Most Hated Team in the League: None really :rolleyes:. Will say Leicester.

Coventry City

Best Ground ( other than your own ) in the league: Elland Road (Leeds)

Most Hated Team in the League: None really :rolleyes:. Will say Leicester.

Where is the away pub at Cov?

Where is the away pub at Cov?

I have no bloody idea hence why I put the away pub! Look I've given sebs instructions on how to park for free near the ground, I don't have to know where the away pub is as well do I :D?

• SI Staff
Any idea on who the new Brum manager will be Gripper?

I've said since day one thatwe'll end up with Dave bloody Jones, probably after four others turn us down.

Two threads? Am I back at primary school?

I have no bloody idea hence why I put the away pub! Look I've given sebs instructions on how to park for free near the ground, I don't have to know where the away pub is as well do I :D?

I wish I had ask you for those instructions... ****ing £10 took the ****...

Archived