The npower championship thread 2011/12

Powlay

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a fan of Michael Brown - in other news... Reading have sold Matt Mills and so are now left with 2 CB's both under the age of 22 and 1 who hasn't played at champ level before :-( We tried to rectify by putting a bid in on Paul McShane... Not looking good...

everything ive said about you i say in front of you on xbox :)

WE LOVE THE SALT BEEF!

Anyway, forest front line looking...erm weak!

its not looking great atm, though i wouldnt mind garner being given a chance this season, i reckon he could replace earnie well. We've been linked with loads of players, Shorey, Greening, Boateng, Zenden, Maynard etc. just to actually ****ing sign some of them :D

Boro have suffered 2 injuries to big players, Jason Steele broken wrist (10-12 weeks) and Kevin Thomson came off a running machine awkwardly and resulted in having an operation because it recracked a former leg break. (8-12 weeks)

Any idea if you're playing us while out there Powlay?

definatly not, we are playing 1 croationa side and 2 turkish ones (i think) reading are out there now, i fly out on saturday to austria then drive to slovenia, then to croatia! and back.

definatly not, we are playing 1 croationa side and 2 turkish ones (i think) reading are out there now, i fly out on saturday to austria then drive to slovenia, then to croatia! and back.

Ah right, we're already out there too, so thought it may have been an opportunity!

Reading are out there - playing one Turkish side and one Slovenian side. Went out yesterday for 10 days.

leicester apparantly paying konchesky 40k a week? now i know their owners are pretty rich, but surely throwing money like that round on decent if uninspiring players is just asking for trouble?

Guest SCIAG2
leicester apparantly paying konchesky 40k a week? now i know their owners are pretty rich, but surely throwing money like that round on decent if uninspiring players is just asking for trouble?

£5m for a defender as inconsistent as Matt Mills is risky business as well. And they're paying him £25k p/w.

maynard signing a new contract barnzy? i know forest are interested in him ( but seeing the amount that youve rejected from leicester, i cant see us bidding now :D ) but im suprised youve turned down 4 mil+ if hes not signing a new contract with only a year left

Doubt he'll sign now to be honest, we've said we wont sell to a Championship club - if a prem club bid 4.75 million like Leicester I think we would have accepted. Wouldnt be a disaster as I have faith in Stead and Pitman.

So Blackpool lose Charlie Adam to Liverpool, Vaughan to Sunderland and then Leeds sign Rachubka (who'd left anyway). They sign Kevin Phillips, Matt Hill and Bojan Djordjic. 2 decent signings there. Phillips can still do a job in the Championship and will get chances at Blackpool alongside DJ Campbell.

maynard signing a new contract barnzy? i know forest are interested in him ( but seeing the amount that youve rejected from leicester, i cant see us bidding now :D ) but im suprised youve turned down 4 mil+ if hes not signing a new contract with only a year left

i do wonder what you will do if no prem clubs come in and he refuses to sign? your chairman will look a bit stupid if he leaves on a bosman next season if he could have got close to 5 mil for him now

Burnley

Player to watch out for this season: Jay Rodriguez

Dream Season: Promotion, preferably automatic.

Nightmare Season: Provided we have a stable season without losing any major players or our manager, I'd be disappointed with anything outside of the play-offs.

Best Ground ( other than your own ) in the league: Elland Road

Worst Ground in the league: Ricoh Arena. Looks alright, but has the atmosphere of a funeral home and always seems to be freezing, regardless of the time of year.

Most Hated Team in the League: Leeds.

Where should Away fans go before the game?: Probably the cricket club. I belive that's a pretty away friendly place.

Yeah I know, I'd have taken 4.5 Million before Leicester bid 4.75, I'll be happy if we get that and he doesnt go to another Championship club. We lost 11 million last year so would make sense to sell.

rachubka is not filling me with any confidence whatsoever

however rumours are getting stronger that david stockdale from fulham is about to sign on a 1 year loan deal (i'll take that anyday of the week!)

Stockdale would be a great signing

You really are Championing fantasy football this year Pablo :D

Yeah! :) For the last few years I`ve set up the Premier League one for OTF. I thought why not add the championship one to the mix as well!! ( No comment on if this has anything to do with West Ham being in it this year :D )

So Birmingham have turned into an even bigger shambles.

Cork to Saints, best signing of the close season so far in this league.

imo, clubs will do very well to beat west hams signing so far

kevin nolan far better than cork imo, but cork can easily develop to be the best

tbf to Brown that is very harsh on him. It wasn't his fault that Pompey reneged on a contract.

Pompey didn't reneged on a contract, if we played him once more and then didn't offer him a new contract we would have done.

We had a similar situation arise with James the previous season, it wasn't the administrators fault the contracts were drawn up by Mr Incompetent Storrie. I understand it wasn't Browns fault either but surely he would have been better off letting that clause go mindful of our situation than not play football for 6 months.

I don't see how that's being harsh on Brown tbh, he would still have got his same wage, just not offered a new contract.

Archived